View Full Version : Final Sideline To Sideline of 2011

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2011, 08:06 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

Talk all State Final games...then talk about our thoughts on 3A for the year

enjoy..and thanks for listening thru the year

toddg
12-27-2011, 09:16 PM
good show..i agree with ya'lls assessment of chapel hills def. front 7...awsome comes to mind...and as good as CH's O-line was, they had their hands full with the indians D-line in particular #99 for Alvarado..coach Dixon and staff made great adjustments throughout that game finding ways to move the ball and score. and the Alvarado D and coach Hatch were greatness in the 4th qtr giving us the oppertunities to win this game with stops in our end...just proud that my team, the Alvarado Indians, showed they belonged on that stage. Watch out for us next year!

bobcat1
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Great final show! Sounds like Grant is wanting to stay in the closet on pumpkin ball. He is gonna hold out? lmao

83Indian
12-28-2011, 02:07 AM
Great show guys. Really appreciate the coverage this year. Definitely a year we will remember in Alvarado for a long time.

Your analysis of the Chapel Hill vs. Alvarado game was spot on. Dominate Chapel Hill Defensive line for most of the game. Great pursuit from the linebackers and fast DLine kept us in check most of the game. Great play calling by our coaches to manufacture points anyway we could. Alvarado's defense was great as well especially in the second half. Yall talked about a 1 or 2 play difference and I agree. Chapel Hill kept several drives alive on big 3rd down and 4th down conversions. Saenz ability to scramble was key. Alvarado had the chances. Extra point conversions and turnovers were the difference.

I can't say enough on how well our young men played. Chapel Hill was loaded with talent, size, and speed. Other than one player on defense, we only had 2 or 3 players over 200 pounds. Our middle linebacker was the leading tackler all season and in the championship game for both teams and weighed in at around 160 pounds. Every week in the playoffs, teams were bigger than us, but no one could get past our defense. Holding Chapel Hill to 3 tds was impressive. Can't give enough credit to the coaching staff for what they did this year.

One other note. The playoff path Chapel Hill went thru was obviously much tougher than what Alvarado had to go thru. Alvarado was basically unchallenged until the state championship game and I think that was a big advantage for Chapel Hill. Looking at re-alignment projections, Alvarado's district is still relatively weak with Glen Rose leaving and Godley joining. Hopefully we get some tough non-conference games. Stephenville if they move to 6-3A would most likely be our 2nd round playoff opponent since they would be the largest school in 6-3A. Not sure how good they will be next year, but I have a feeling Abilene Wylie is going to put together a very good team next year so it may be just as tough which ever one we play provided we get there next year.

Looking forward to your re-alignment show.

Thanks again for a great year.

Gsquared
12-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys! Sure cant wait to see Alvarado next year. Im with ya, I think they have enough coming back to make another run

Matthew328
12-28-2011, 09:10 AM
People are really underestimating how good Kennedale will be next year..man they look to be LOADED

83Indian
12-28-2011, 10:46 AM
People are really underestimating how good Kennedale will be next year..man they look to be LOADED

They will be the favorite to win district. Doesn't change Alvarado's playoff path however.

toddg
12-28-2011, 12:54 PM

Alvarado never underestimates the Wildcats, or anyone else for that matter.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2011, 02:46 PM

they will be loaded in certain positions, but they have to find some playmakers on offense

SHSBulldog00
12-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Hold on tight to that Turkey....they tend to go away fast. May I suggest grabbing one in each hand and don't let go.

Gsquared
12-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Hold on tight to that Turkey....they tend to go away fast. May I suggest grabbing one in each hand and don't let go. If its anything like chocking a chicken out, I am more than qualified for that