PDA

View Full Version : Some East Texas Carl Padilla predictions.

MGAR
12-27-2011, 03:07 PM
19-3A- Carthage, Center, Diboll, Huntington, Jasper & Rusk.
16-3A- Gilmer, Gladewater, Henderson, Kilgore, Spring Hill & Tatum.
15-3A- Atlanta, North Lamar, Paris, Pittsburg, Liberty-Eylau & Pleasant Grove.
14-3A- Athens, Brownsboro, Bullard, Palestine, Westwood & Chapel Hill.
13-3A- Caddo Mills, Emory Rains, Mineola, Quinlan Ford, Van & Wills Point.

Aesculus gilmus
12-27-2011, 03:17 PM
The only way Carthage and Gilmer ever play each other, unless scheduled in non-district, would be in the championship game.

That is a tough district for us, but it's not really a surprise.

HEMOTOXIC
12-27-2011, 03:29 PM
19-3A- Carthage, Center, Diboll, Huntington, Jasper & Rusk.
16-3A- Gilmer, Gladewater, Henderson, Kilgore, Spring Hill & Tatum.
15-3A- Atlanta, North Lamar, Paris, Pittsburg, Liberty-Eylau & Pleasant Grove.
14-3A- Athens, Brownsboro, Bullard, Palestine, Westwood & Chapel Hill.
13-3A- Caddo Mills, Emory Rains, Mineola, Quinlan Ford, Van & Wills Point.

Is there a link or can you post the prediction for the Navasota area? Thanks!!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-27-2011, 03:31 PM

He has been giving these out via his Twitter feed all morning. This link ought to work. I don't know if he's gotten to your district yet, though.

http://twitter.com/padillapoll

HEMOTOXIC
12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
He has been giving these out via his Twitter feed all morning. This link ought to work. I don't know if he's gotten to your district yet, though.

http://twitter.com/padillapoll

thanks

SHSBulldog00
12-27-2011, 03:35 PM

District 22
Bellville
Columbus
Giddings
La Grange
Navasota
Smithville

coach
12-27-2011, 03:38 PM
17-3a Fairfield, mexia, grosebeck, madisonville, rockdale, and Caldwell

HEMOTOXIC
12-27-2011, 03:39 PM
District 22
Bellville
Columbus
Giddings
La Grange
Navasota
Smithville

thanks.... wow, this will be a tough district if his prediction is accurate.

Saggy Aggie
12-27-2011, 04:25 PM
How does he have the Houston area and the current district 29 mapped out?

Aesculus gilmus
12-28-2011, 10:13 AM
I just now noticed something interesting. Carthage (741) now has more students than Jasper (729). If Padilla's projections turn out to be the correct ones, Carthage is going Division I for the next two years.

waterboy
12-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I just now noticed something interesting. Carthage (741) now has more students than Jasper (729). If Padilla's projections turn out to be the correct ones, Carthage is going Division I for the next two years.
So, if Carthage and Gilmer are not in the same district, we'll have to set up a predistrict game with them. I fully expect that to happen, because there's very little chance they would meet in the playoffs. I can't see Gilmer going D1 in any projected district they get put in.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-28-2011, 10:59 AM
2012 Re-Alignment, 8-3A. Alvarado, Godley, Hillsboro, Kennedale, Venus & West. Swapped Glen Rose with Godley.

Aesculus gilmus
12-28-2011, 11:01 AM
So, if Carthage and Gilmer are not in the same district, we'll have to set up a predistrict game with them. I fully expect that to happen, because there's very little chance they would meet in the playoffs. I can't see Gilmer going D1 in any projected district they get put in.

I think you're right. I somewhat envy Carthage, though. I have always said it's (slightly) easier to win state in Division I, merely because of the fact you only have to win five games.

waterboy
12-28-2011, 11:29 AM
I think you're right. I somewhat envy Carthage, though. I have always said it's (slightly) easier to win state in Division I, merely because of the fact you only have to win five games.
I believe you're right about it being easier to win in Division 1 because of the five games, instead of six that you have to win. Most years you can tell which division is stronger, but the fact of the matter is winning five games is easier (though slightly) than winning six no matter who the competition is. Who knows, maybe the UIL will add a team to the 3A playoffs, and make it four teams instead of the three. Either that, or make a bye week so that all championship games are on the same weekend and get equal exposure through television. It's sucked the last two seasons the 3A Division 1 championship game hasn't gotten the television exposure of the rest of the championship games. I hope they fix that.