PDA

View Full Version : Are you freaking kidding me?!?! SMDH - that someone would even write this is tragic!

pirate4state
12-27-2011, 10:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_saints_brees_record_dan_marino_falcons112711

I mean really...WTH! These are professional athletes. You don't want them to score or break records against you? STOP THEM! I am so sick of everyone from pop warner to the Pros crying about running up the score. :weeping: Good grief man. Or should I say "Sissies" because that's what all these cry babies sound like. :rolleyes: :hand:

Bullaholic
12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_saints_brees_record_dan_marino_falcons112711

I mean really...WTH! These are professional athletes. You don't want them to score or break records against you? STOP THEM! I am so sick of everyone from pop warner to the Pros crying about running up the score. :weeping: Good grief man. Or should I say "Sissies" because that's what all these cry babies sound like. :rolleyes: :hand:

I'm going to agree with you on the pros, P4S. No such thing as running up the score in the pros---we fans and the networks pay big bucks to see highly paid pro athletes perform to their max on every down--to do otherwise is shortchanging the fans.

In highschool and younger, I still draw the line on running up the score on 17 year old and younger kids playing for nothing but pride in their towns, schools, and themselves.

waterboy
12-27-2011, 11:10 AM
I agree. What a bunch of sissies! How many records actually "could" have been broken in the past, yet because of "political correctness" they never had the opportunity? Let the man have his moment! It's "professional" football! Let them play the full 60 minutes like they get paid astronomical sums of money to do, and let the records fall where they may!

Ernest T Bass
12-27-2011, 11:10 AM
It's all in the intent. Is the intent to provide one of your players with a once in a lifetime opportunity to break a record? Then you're good. Is the intent to make your team better? Then you're good. Is the intent to secure points in the event of a tiebreaker for a playoff spot or for "style points" in the BCS? Then you're good. Is the intent strictly to embarass a much weaker team that is powerless to stop you? Then there are some issues. I dont know of any incidents involving the latter this season.

Farmersfan
12-27-2011, 11:17 AM
-we fans and the networks pay big bucks to see highly paid pro athletes perform to their max on every down--to do otherwise is shortchanging the fans.

Except in Dallas! A lot of people don't expect this here.......................... :wave:

alpha42
12-27-2011, 11:46 AM
This had to be the writer trying to pump life into a story line.It had become apparent that the Falcons could not stop the Saints from scoring. To their credit, i noticed the players did not complain. Much ado about nothing.

Roughneck93
12-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Put this in the wrong thread...lol sorry.

"No man, it's our job to stop them," said linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, who missed New Orleans running back Darren Sproles on the record-setting play. "I can't say I'm upset by them running up the score or anything like that when I had a chance to make a play."

I like this quote from Sean Weatherspoon. It's pro ball. Grown men getting paid millions to play. No such thing as running up the score here. Falcons need to worry about their potential rematch in the playoffs. Take care of it then.

alpha42
12-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Put this in the wrong thread...lol sorry.

"No man, it's our job to stop them," said linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, who missed New Orleans running back Darren Sproles on the record-setting play. "I can't say I'm upset by them running up the score or anything like that when I had a chance to make a play."

I like this quote from Sean Weatherspoon. It's pro ball. Grown men getting paid millions to play. No such thing as running up the score here. Falcons need to worry about their potential rematch in the playoffs. Take care of it then. Exactly! It's the pros they are dipping out of the same talent pool!

Third
12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Falcons need to worry about their potential rematch in the playoffs. Take care of it then.

Said wide receiver Roddy White: “We didn’t make plays. We had to make plays, stop them and do our job, not worry about what they’re doing. Now, in a couple of weeks if we have to come back here, I might feel different. [But] not now.”

Seems like the writer trying to make something out of nothing.

Phil C
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
This is one thing I agree with that it was ok to get 7 more points because even though the game was one it was an opportunity to get the record on Monday Night Football in front of many people watching on tv. Plus it isn't like they ran it up to 90 points or so like some teams have done. Plus the Falcons could have avoided it if they had punted on 4th down. The game was lost anyway and Drew probably would have stopped passing the minute he got the record and ran the time out. But as it was Atlanta crowded him and this was their fault.

Roughneck93
12-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Seems like the writer trying to make something out of nothing.Maybe. But it seems like at least one player got his feelings hurt. They'll get their chance to redeem themselves. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/falcons-not-happy-that-saints-went-for-record/

LIONS#1
12-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Call the Waaaaaambulanceeeeeeee!!!! I don't like the Falcons anyway and do like Breeze!! 45-16???? That ain't running up the score!!! Just ask Refugio!!!:1popcorn:

bobcat1
12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
The writer is an idiot. Poor effort from the Falcons. Reminds me of when Strahan got the sack record when Brett Favre laid down at his feet on a rollout.

Phil C
12-27-2011, 07:14 PM
The writer is an idiot. Poor effort from the Falcons. Reminds me of when Strahan got the sack record when Brett Favre laid down at his feet on a rollout.

Smart man that Favre. :)

Sweetwater Red
12-27-2011, 08:10 PM
It's all in the intent. Is the intent to provide one of your players with a once in a lifetime opportunity to break a record? Then you're good.

Sweetwater played Midland Christian in a non-district game earlier this year. Their RB (forgot his name) ran all over us. He had 5 TDs by the 3rd quarter and the score was 35-0 I believe. Their coach left him in and he tied and then broke the school record with his sixth and seventh. The last being about three or four minutes into the fourth.

I wasn't there but our local broadcast team mentioned the record and why he was still in there and their coach pullled him right after he got the record. That I had no problem with and good for the kid. MC ended up winning 49-7 I think.