PDA

View Full Version : Just for "What If's"

'Necks 2013-14
12-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Take a look at your nearest 3A neighbor (by actual mileage---and no cheating!). Then, combine the latest snapshot numbers that you have available and see where you think your new team would end up as far as 4A D1 or D2 etc. Now, grade your newly formed school(based on recent success) from 1-10 in various sports. Oh, and give them a new nickname too! We (Columbia) would join forces with Sweeny since we are only about 4 miles apart. With an enrollment of just over 1,400 we would probably be in 4A D2. The team name...at least for boys athletics...would be called the "BullNecks" or maybe even the "RoughDogs". Either way, this is how I would rate the following boys sports: Football 9, Baseball 9, Basketball 7, Track 8. As for the ladies: Softball 10, Basketball 7, Track 7, Volleyball 7. Geez, how much longer until those Friday Nights come back??!! :crying:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Take a look at your nearest 3A neighbor (by actual mileage---and no cheating!). Then, combine the latest snapshot numbers that you have available and see where you think your new team would end up as far as 4A D1 or D2 etc. Now, grade your newly formed school(based on recent success) from 1-10 in various sports. Oh, and give them a new nickname too! We (Columbia) would join forces with Sweeny since we are only about 4 miles apart. With an enrollment of just over 1,400 we would probably be in 4A D2. The team name...at least for boys athletics...would be called the "BullNecks" or maybe even the "RoughDogs". Either way, this is how I would rate the following boys sports: Football 9, Baseball 9, Basketball 7, Track 8. As for the ladies: Softball 10, Basketball 7, Track 7, Volleyball 7. Geez, how much longer until those Friday Nights come back??!! :crying:Mathis one side and Rockport on the otherside, i think we would still be Pirates :) Aransas Pass and Ingleside might be closer though. There was talk i think several years ago of combining Sinton,Odem and Taft with one high school in the middle.

We would do ok in 4a with Calallen being the nemesis in football and baseball.

bwdlionfan
12-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Take a look at your nearest 3A neighbor (by actual mileage---and no cheating!). Then, combine the latest snapshot numbers that you have available and see where you think your new team would end up as far as 4A D1 or D2 etc. Now, grade your newly formed school(based on recent success) from 1-10 in various sports. Oh, and give them a new nickname too! We (Columbia) would join forces with Sweeny since we are only about 4 miles apart. With an enrollment of just over 1,400 we would probably be in 4A D2. The team name...at least for boys athletics...would be called the "BullNecks" or maybe even the "RoughDogs". Either way, this is how I would rate the following boys sports: Football 9, Baseball 9, Basketball 7, Track 8. As for the ladies: Softball 10, Basketball 7, Track 7, Volleyball 7. Geez, how much longer until those Friday Nights come back??!! :crying:

Assuming Stephenville drops, Brownwood and Stephenville... total enrollment in the 1900 range... 4A D1, would love to see what they could do in football together

GrTigers6
12-26-2011, 10:09 PM
For us right now it would be Alvarado, unless Stephenville drops, Either way our combined records would be great. Us and Alvarado, would be a enrollment of about 1500 and a little more for us and stephenville.

regaleagle
12-26-2011, 11:14 PM
If Argyle merged with Decatur, we'd be about 1500 enrollment(D2??) and since our name is the same, we would still be the Eagles. In D-2, I would rate us a contender running the spread, with a good running game mixed in. We would have quality passing qb's and excellent recievers, and a solid D with an outstanding kicking game. Our football rating would be about an 8, our basketball program a definite 10, track very high also at an 8, and baseball at about a 6-7. We would be a school that would be very competitive in all sports, and a perennial contender in football, basketball, and track for district and regional titles.

DukeNukem
12-26-2011, 11:45 PM
How bout schools like Monahans and Seminole. Likely still in 3a

wimbo_pro
12-26-2011, 11:52 PM
This is just a little wierd...

SHSBulldog00
12-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Mathis one side and Rockport on the otherside, i think we would still be Pirates :)

How would you like to attend Rockthis HS

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Music/group-051.gif

regaleagle
12-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Wimbo, I thought this weird stuff would be right done your alley. Hahaha.

defense51
12-27-2011, 07:55 AM
How would you like to attend Rockthis HS

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Music/group-051.gif
Or Mathport and put all your marbles in the math program...

Pendragon13
12-27-2011, 09:56 AM
This is just a little wierd...very wierd..

Anyway, we would be the "Bullstangs" in 4A D2, and wear an eye popping combo of red and purple.:eek: Of course the school run would have to start about 6AM because of the distances involved (build a new school half way?) so chronic sleepiness could be an issue with the combined sports teams.

waterboy
12-27-2011, 10:48 AM
I shiver at the thought of combining Gilmer with our nearest neighbor 3A school...........Gladewater.....:ack!: I can't even stomach the thought!

pirate4state
12-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Mathis one side and Rockport on the otherside, i think we would still be Pirates :) Aransas Pass and Ingleside might be closer though. There was talk i think several years ago of combining Sinton,Odem and Taft with one high school in the middle.

We would do ok in 4a with Calallen being the nemesis in football and baseball.

gross...no thanks!

RoyceTTU
12-27-2011, 11:26 AM
very wierd..

Anyway, we would be the "Bullstangs" in 4A D2, and wear an eye popping combo of red and purple.:eek: Of course the school run would have to start about 6AM because of the distances involved (build a new school half way?) so chronic sleepiness could be an issue with the combined sports teams.

You might get lights on your baseball field though

SHSBulldog00
12-27-2011, 11:34 AM

If they were to do that I would say the student's would remain at their respective school's and our sporting teams would combine after school.

We could be called the Southern Brazoria County Cougars or the San Bernard Razorback's.

Manso/V8
12-27-2011, 11:47 AM
This is just a little wierd...

I thought you would be the one to create a formula using the Massey ratings of two teams to determine how good they would be if the teams were merged.

yellaseeker
12-28-2011, 11:01 PM

Neckdogs would work as well. A lot of these athletes from both towns are friends anyway so the transition wouldn't be a factor. Sweeny may be our biggest rival but, they're also our respected friends. I'd love to see that happen and the way the schools are getting less and less funding, I wouldn't be shocked to see something like this down the road.

coach
12-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Fairfield and media would combine and we'd be the Mexfield falcons. ( we being the eagles and them being a black cat we would have a black bird) we would be middle of the road football and baseball, but basketball would be ptty solid. Not sure what our numbers would look like though. Would def. be d2 though

OldNavy
12-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Celina with 585 and Aubrey with 515 would put us at 1000, the largest in 3A, or the Smallest in 4A. I think we would stay 3A for this alignment. Aubrey has a little better than average football team with some good skill players, but lacks size in the line. They have a very good track program and good baseball team. Celina has a good chance to win state in track without the addition in speed from Aubrey. I think Football would be a 9, baseball an 8, track a 10 and basketball a 4. The team would be either the Bobarrals or the Chapcats. They run almost the same O and D, so the integration would not be too hard. Coach Ford and Coach Moore would have to fight over who would be in charge. Of course Coach Elliott could whip 'em both!

Were'nt the Bobarrals a 60s Rock Group?

'Necks 2013-14
01-01-2012, 12:50 AM
ttt tvt

buckeyebob
01-01-2012, 07:38 AM
I shiver at the thought of combining Gilmer with our nearest neighbor 3A school...........Gladewater.....:ack!: I can't even stomach the thought!

I am with you...school colors would not be a problem...aside from that...it would be ugly.

Blue42
01-01-2012, 01:24 PM
How about a Bullgobbler or Gobblerdog even together we still would have close to 3A numbers.