PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks Va Heat

orange machine
12-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Heat look good Mavericks look old and slow.

orange machine
12-25-2011, 03:13 PM
That was an ugly first period for the Mavs.

orange machine
12-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm not the biggest basketball fan but can someone tell me why the Mavericks didn't bring Chandler and Berra back?

orange machine
12-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Mavs look pathetic. It might be a good thing the season is short they are awful.

Emerson1
12-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm not the biggest basketball fan but can someone tell me why the Mavericks didn't bring Chandler and Berra back?
They wanted to keep their options open next summer.

Emerson1
12-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Mavs look pathetic. It might be a good thing the season is short they are awful.
Ya first game with 6 new players means they won't be any good in April.

3afan
12-25-2011, 05:08 PM
its all about positioning for the playoffs ....

orange machine
12-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Well maybe they will get it worked out

zebrablue2
12-25-2011, 06:53 PM

1 down and 65 to go!!!

Phil C
12-25-2011, 07:32 PM
This loss may be good in the long run and may make them get those guys back.

defense51
12-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Seems like Lebron was making a statement.

Tejastrue
12-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Not sure how you can take anything from one game, especially the first game of a strike shortened season. The whole year has been tainted.

icu812
12-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Big difference between the Mavs being awful and the Mavs playing awful in the 1st game of the season against the 2nd best team last year which is pretty much intact, after limited practice, with new players, after only 2 warm up games and after an emotional championship banner raising cerimony. I was expecting the Mavs to get blown out.

LMAO at the knee jerk reaction of the media who pretty much gave the Heat this years championship already.

CelinaCatFan
12-26-2011, 04:32 PM
No suprise that the Miami Cheat are THE media darlings.

The Mavs do have many things to address. First, they have to realize that Vince Carter is NOT a starter. I would start Delonte West at the 2 guard. He can score and D up on opposing guards. Let Vince come in for mop up minutes. Second, they have to get Lamar Odom's head on straight. I'm still not convinced that he really WANTS to be on this team. Once the Fakers start to lose games (yesterday was a good start), this problem could begin to correct itself. Third, they have to find a STARTING Center. Haywood looks lazy, slow, and complacent with a signed contract. Against Denver's athletic team, I expect recently signed Sean Williams to get extended minutes. However, with Carlisle's rotations you never know.

icu812
12-26-2011, 05:46 PM
No suprise that the Miami Cheat are THE media darlings.

The Mavs do have many things to address. First, they have to realize that Vince Carter is NOT a starter. I would start Delonte West at the 2 guard. He can score and D up on opposing guards. Let Vince come in for mop up minutes. Second, they have to get Lamar Odom's head on straight. I'm still not convinced that he really WANTS to be on this team. Once the Fakers start to lose games (yesterday was a good start), this problem could begin to correct itself. Third, they have to find a STARTING Center. Haywood looks lazy, slow, and complacent with a signed contract. Against Denver's athletic team, I expect recently signed Sean Williams to get extended minutes. However, with Carlisle's rotations you never know.

I agree with all that although I think Haywood is a starting center depending on who they are playing. Tonight against a Denver team without a big offensive threat at the center position I think Dirk could defend the 5 position just fine, with Odom defending Nene and Trix defending the 3. Agree completely on Vince Carter he can't defend opposing guards anymore, he shouldn't be starting or taking any of Roddy/D.Jones's minutes. After watching Sean Williams in a D league game I'm not sold he is the answer. Good athlete and shot blocker but no BBIQ. Worth a look though. Also, I agree on D. West he's a quality player that can defend, handle and score. I don't know if the Mavs have a championship roster this year but I think they did the right thing positioning themselves for next year and may be able to sign 2 great players to go along with Dirk. The core players are getting old and it's time to get a new younger core of players. I just hope at least one of them is D.Will or D.Howard. Cuban wouldn't have let Chandler walk unless he, Nelson (and Dirk) thought they had a good chance of signing at least one of these guys. They know how important Chandler was to last years team.

CelinaCatFan
12-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd be very suprised if we do not sign Deron Williams this offseason. Considering his being from The Colony and the amount of cap space the Mavs have available, he will most likely be our PG of the future. As far as Dwight Howard, I'm afraid we don't have the cap space to sign both. In addition, we don't have the trading pieces to bring him aboard. The partially guaranteed contracts (in 2012) for Carter and Odom do not help our efforts either. If we can some how get Williams and Howard next year, I could care less about this year.

For the record, I do not think that resigning Chandler, Barrea, Butler, and Stevenson would have guaranteed a repeat this season. With the rigorous grind of this year's schedule, I think Chandler will be injured for about 1/3 of this season.