PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Giants moved to NBC primetime

GrTigers6
12-25-2011, 10:04 AM
According to Abilene reporter news the NFL changed the game from 315 on fox to NBC primetime start at 720 Sunday night! On my iPhone so I can post a link if any one finds one please add it.

bobcat1
12-25-2011, 10:42 AM
According to Abilene reporter news the NFL changed the game from 315 on fox to NBC primetime start at 720 Sunday night! On my iPhone so I can post a link if any one finds one please add it. Here ya go. http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=732F6F95-CB21-F198-D66AC3156A9EB700

Roughneck93
12-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Here ya go. http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=732F6F95-CB21-F198-D66AC3156A9EB700They are 0-3 on Sunday night this year! :ack!:

83Indian
12-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Just one more nail in the coffin!

regaleagle
12-25-2011, 01:30 PM
The nail was driven yesterday with Romo's hand injury. Even if he plays, they needed him yesterday. The team will not perform at a high level with McGee at qb, as we saw yesterday. Just the way it is. Romo is the offensive leader. Without him, the rest of the offense does not perform at the highest level, which they need to do to defeat this Giants team. And we aren't even talking defense. But the defense rises as the offense does. If the offense doesn't score, the defense doesn't defend. What a quandry.

1st and goal
12-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Not sure why they are even bothering to play this game....after yesterday's game.

Eagle 1
12-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster
I think Romo has proven more than once his leadership.

I agree.
He is an 8-8 season qb, if your good with that, then he is a good leader. :wave:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?115411-Dallas-ve-NE/page7

Good call Eagle. :wave:
No way the Cowboys beat the Giants in NY.

GrTigers6
12-26-2011, 01:34 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?115411-Dallas-ve-NE/page7

Good call Eagle. :wave:
No way the Cowboys beat the Giants in NY.Uh even if the cowboys lose next week it has no reflection on the outstanding year that Romo has had this season. If Romo was healthy and the cowboys has something to gain by winning than I believe romo would have lead them to a win. I was impressed how the defense did slow the eagles down some with the offense just giving it right back. Garrett really should have opened mcgee up just to see what he had instead of all these "safe" plays.

Eagle 1
12-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Uh even if the cowboys lose next week it has no reflection on the outstanding year that Romo has had this season. If Romo was healthy and the cowboys has something to gain by winning than I believe romo would have lead them to a win.

Something to gain?
So a win is not something to gain?
Momentum while possibly heading into the playoffs is not something to gain?
Revenge on the butt whooping the Eagles gave the Cowboys in the first gain is not something to gain?
Romo was healthy the first game and the Eagles still beat the Cowboys, so Romo's health had nothing to do with the loss.
Lets face it, the Cowboys are at best an 9-7 team that will only lose in the first round of the playoffs, but I'm guessing an 8-8 seaon.
So if your good with that, then yes Tony had "an outstanding" season.

zebrablue2
12-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Giants by 20!!!

GrTigers6
12-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Something to gain?
So a win is not something to gain?
Momentum while possibly heading into the playoffs is not something to gain?
Revenge on the butt whooping the Eagles gave the Cowboys in the first gain is not something to gain?
Romo was healthy the first game and the Eagles still beat the Cowboys, so Romo's health had nothing to do with the loss.
Lets face it, the Cowboys are at best an 9-7 team that will only lose in the first round of the playoffs, but I'm guessing an 8-8 seaon.
So if your good with that, then yes Tony had "an outstanding" season.A wiin sat would have gained them nothing in the playoff scheme. Do I agree with the choice to rest players, Absolutely not! I was just saying that the majority of the cowboys losses were on the defense or special teams or a combination of the two. Only two losses can you even possible pin on romo and the defense had a lot to do with those. There is no other qb that would have done better the last 6 weeks than what romo has, with the young and inexperienced line and reciever injuries.

solocam
12-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Romo a leader,Please,when the going gets tough,he doesnt show up,It takes leadership to get to the playoffs and win,big stats mean nothing if your not winning
They will never make a deep run with him as quarterback

bobcat1
12-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Romo a leader,Please,when the going gets tough,he doesnt show up,It takes leadership to get to the playoffs and win,big stats mean nothing if your not winning
They will never make a deep run with him as quarterbackDoes this mean we can't name him "Big Game Tony"?

regaleagle
12-27-2011, 10:42 PM
With everything seemingly against the Dallas Cowboys winning come Sunday nite, I'm still optomistic. I've seen enough talent on that Cowboys team this year at times to convince me they are not to be taken lightly, ever. Not saying they will get it done Sunday, but that they do have a pretty darn good chance to win this one. And IF they do, no telling what may happen in the playoffs with this particular group. I would classify this Cowboys team as "dangerous" if I were the opposition. Just my take on this year's mistake-prone team. And let's emphacize that word "team". The entire team, including coaches, has been guilty of major lapses this season. Otherwise, this team is a major contender. And guess what?? They still have an iron in the fire. GO COWBOYS!!

Phil C
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Go Cowboys!

GrTigers6
12-28-2011, 07:39 AM
What yall dont understand is NY is just as unpredictable as the Cowboys. There is no telling which two teams will show up

BEAST
12-28-2011, 11:00 AM
What yall dont understand is NY is just as unpredictable as the Cowboys. There is no telling which two teams will show up

I agree. If Ware and the D can get to Manning and get him out of rhythm, Dallas could pull this one off.

BEAST

Farmersfan
12-28-2011, 11:13 AM
A wiin sat would have gained them nothing in the playoff scheme. Do I agree with the choice to rest players, Absolutely not! I was just saying that the majority of the cowboys losses were on the defense or special teams or a combination of the two. Only two losses can you even possible pin on romo and the defense had a lot to do with those. There is no other qb that would have done better the last 6 weeks than what romo has, with the young and inexperienced line and reciever injuries.

I'm not understanding this. If the Cowboys had won on sunday against Philly and the Falcons and Cowboys lose this coming week then both teams would be tied at 9-7. but Dallas would have a 3-4 divisional record while the Falcons have a 2-5 which gives Dallas the tie breaker. The Cowboys would also finish with a 7-6 conference record while the Falcons would finish with a 6-6 conference record. The Wildcard spot would have went to the Cowboys even if they lose to the Giants....................... Doesn't it make sense to give yourself as many possibilities as you can????

Farmersfan
12-28-2011, 11:22 AM

And Eli Manning is capable of throwing 3 or 4 interceptions and playing pretty badly. Especially at home....................

nobogey72
12-28-2011, 11:37 AM
The LV line this morning is Giants -3. I'm so tempted to bet on the Giants, but my heart just won't let me. I'm dang sure not going to bet on the Cowboys though. I just can't believe that they are not favored by more than that.

GrTigers6
12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not understanding this. If the Cowboys had won on sunday against Philly and the Falcons and Cowboys lose this coming week then both teams would be tied at 9-7. but Dallas would have a 3-4 divisional record while the Falcons have a 2-5 which gives Dallas the tie breaker. The Cowboys would also finish with a 7-6 conference record while the Falcons would finish with a 6-6 conference record. The Wildcard spot would have went to the Cowboys even if they lose to the Giants....................... Doesn't it make sense to give yourself as many possibilities as you can????I never said I agreed with it or liked the idea. I was just commenting on what went on. I was hoping they would do what they could to win and at least get a wildcard

BwdLion73
12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Cowboys win in a cake walk. Eli booed off the field by giant fans.

GrTigers6
12-28-2011, 11:42 AM
The LV line this morning is Giants -3. I'm so tempted to bet on the Giants, but my heart just won't let me. I'm dang sure not going to bet on the Cowboys though. I just can't believe that they are not favored by more than that.They suck too!. The giants are no way better than the cowboys. Thats why I believe it will be the same game as before with hopefully the defense figuring out how to keep the lead. If Romo's hand is healthy

marler1972
12-28-2011, 11:51 AM
The Cowboys D is what let them down, the secondary just sucks. Romo did not allow any of the points to be scored against the cowboys. How many games were the Cowboys winning with less than 3 minutes left and the D could or did not make the stop?

Romo's stat tell me where it sucks

COMP ATT YDS TD INT ATT YDS TD
317 485 3895 29 9 20 43 1

waterboy
12-28-2011, 11:51 AM
I think this game could go in a number of directions, with either team winning. It all depends on which teams show up. The Cowboys will have to put together a complete game on both sides of the ball to win. They will have to play with a passion they've been lacking at times this season. I'm not very confident that it will happen, but I think this game is very winnable for the Cowboys. Either way, it will NOT be Romo's fault if they lose. This is a TEAM game, and the DEFENSE is the side of the ball that hurt the Cowboys moreso than the offense this season. If both the offense and defense show up and actually PLAY, the Cowboys will win. If either part of the team doesn't show up and control the game, their season is over because the Giants will win.

solocam
12-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Does this mean we can't name him "Big Game Tony"?
You are correct Sir

yellaseeker
12-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Giants win and J. Jones fires J. Garrett and gets to go on vacation early, R. Ryan will have time for a hair cut and we don't have to look at any one of their mugs again till next year. :clap:

GrTigers6
12-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Giants win and J. Jones fires J. Garrett and gets to go on vacation early, R. Ryan will have time for a hair cut and we don't have to look at any one of their mugs again till next year. :clap:There is no way Garrett gets fired this year. If that happens then Jones is truly the dumbest owner in the league. And I think he didnt become a billionaire by being stupid. Not That I think he did that great but 1 year is not enough of a test to see if he is the right coach. Plus at worst he has a 500 winning %. Now if he doesnt improve next year then you can start looking at someone else.

Farmersfan
12-29-2011, 10:42 AM
There is no way Garrett gets fired this year. If that happens then Jones is truly the dumbest owner in the league. And I think he didnt become a billionaire by being stupid. Not That I think he did that great but 1 year is not enough of a test to see if he is the right coach. Plus at worst he has a 500 winning %. Now if he doesnt improve next year then you can start looking at someone else.

Oh how far the mighty have fallen. Is this what the Cowboy fan has been reduced to? Are we now to be satisfied with a .500 record in Dallas? A .500 record with this team is an unacceptable record and J. Garrett has shown no where near enough positive things to offset the negatives he has demonstrated in his tenure as the head coach.
As far as Jerry being a smart business man goes, I have given this subject a lot of thought. It seems to me the only real difference between people like Jerry Jones and the rest of us is their lack of a moral compass. Jerry Jones made his money by borrowing other people's money and putting it at risk. You and I would never put borrowed money at risk because neither one of us could look ourselves in the mirror every morning if we lost money for friends or family. People like Jerry Jones borrows their own mother's retirement fund to risk in their wildcat oil rig deals. Jerry was one those that got lucky. but for every 1 Jerry Jones there are 100's of others who lose everything and go to their grave alone and broke. I think Jerry's handling of the Cowboy's organization proves he isn't as smart a business man as some think................ Just my opinion though.

GrTigers6
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh how far the mighty have fallen. Is this what the Cowboy fan has been reduced to? Are we now to be satisfied with a .500 record in Dallas? A .500 record with this team is an unacceptable record and J. Garrett has shown no where near enough positive things to offset the negatives he has demonstrated in his tenure as the head coach.
As far as Jerry being a smart business man goes, I have given this subject a lot of thought. It seems to me the only real difference between people like Jerry Jones and the rest of us is their lack of a moral compass. Jerry Jones made his money by borrowing other people's money and putting it at risk. You and I would never put borrowed money at risk because neither one of us could look ourselves in the mirror every morning if we lost money for friends or family. People like Jerry Jones borrows their own mother's retirement fund to risk in their wildcat oil rig deals. Jerry was one those that got lucky. but for every 1 Jerry Jones there are 100's of others who lose everything and go to their grave alone and broke. I think Jerry's handling of the Cowboy's organization proves he isn't as smart a business man as some think................ Just my opinion though.Number 1 you cant expect a coach to turn around a program in 1 season. 2. Let him hire a Offensive Coordinator and see if his record changes.
As far as Jones is concerned. Business man smart he is, Football team smart he is not! He has maintained the Americas team image with number 1 sales even though they havent won but 1 playoff game in 15 years.

coach
12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
If I'm Jerry I am hiring norv turner next year. And to call jj a dumb business man is dumb. He has the 2nd most wealthiest sports team in the WORLD and it's only going to get more wealthier with the new stadium.

Farmersfan
12-29-2011, 04:30 PM
If I'm Jerry I am hiring norv turner next year. And to call jj a dumb business man is dumb. He has the 2nd most wealthiest sports team in the WORLD and it's only going to get more wealthier with the new stadium.

As compared to what, coach? What would the Cowboys be worth right now if someone else had owned them the last 20 years? What would the Cowboys be worth right now if they had won 2 more Superbowls? 3 more Superbowls? What would they be worth right now if Jerry had done things completely different? We can't know this. To assume Jerry Jones did anything RIGHT with his ownership of the Cowboys and to use the current results as proof is a self fulfilling statement isn't it? Jerry Jones bought the #1 football franchise in America and after 20+ years it's still the #1 football franchise in America! So what does that prove about Jerry Jones?
I tend to look at the FACTS of what Jerry Jones has done over the years. Making a profit is a success in business. Winning at the highest possible level is success in the NFL. Jerry might be great at one but he has not been successful at the other. His failure to recognize this leads me to assume he isn't as smart as many of you think he is................

BEAST
12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
As compared to what, coach? What would the Cowboys be worth right now if someone else had owned them the last 20 years? What would the Cowboys be worth right now if they had won 2 more Superbowls? 3 more Superbowls? What would they be worth right now if Jerry had done things completely different? We can't know this. To assume Jerry Jones did anything RIGHT with his ownership of the Cowboys and to use the current results as proof is a self fulfilling statement isn't it? Jerry Jones bought the #1 football franchise in America and after 20+ years it's still the #1 football franchise in America! So what does that prove about Jerry Jones?
I tend to look at the FACTS of what Jerry Jones has done over the years. Making a profit is a success in business. Winning at the highest possible level is success in the NFL. Jerry might be great at one but he has not been successful at the other. His failure to recognize this leads me to assume he isn't as smart as many of you think he is................

By golly FF you are correct. Jerry is an absolute dumb butt. He cant come close to your IQ. And to prove it, tell us how many billions have you made!

BEAST

yellaseeker
12-29-2011, 07:34 PM
As far as Jones is concerned. Business man smart he is, Football team smart he is not! He has maintained the Americas team image with number 1 sales even though they havent won but 1 playoff game in 15 years.[/QUOTE]

Now, i can agree with that. He will continue to make money as long as he has loyal followers, no matter how the staff and team performs. Just goes to show ya, he only has to be smarter than the people buying the tickets. Not hard to accomplish, just look at the last election and you'll see just how many idiots encompass this nation. Hey, I'm an astro's fan and still hope they will come into some kind of success in the future but, when i got tired of seeing how the organization was ran, I quit buying tickets cause i refused to support the decisions that the organization was making. Some of you die hard Cowboys fans walk around with blinders on and completely dismiss some of the faults of this organization. Personally, i get tired of seeing J. Jones and listening to him in interviews. You hardly see any of the other owners getting that much publicity. I guess it's just a combination of them losing games because of stupid reasons and then hearing Jones' mouth about how things are going with the team and what not, that gets me disgusted with this team. Oh well, i still got the Texans even though they're not my number one team. Maybe one of these days Dallas will get it together organizational wise and I may just give them the credit that everyone else has been giving them.

Eagle 1
12-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Number 1 you cant expect a coach to turn around a program in 1 season. 2. Let him hire a Offensive Coordinator and see if his record changes.
As far as Jones is concerned. Business man smart he is, Football team smart he is not! He has maintained the Americas team image with number 1 sales even though they havent won but 1 playoff game in 15 years.

Number 3, an offensive coach is out of the question.
Earlier this year on Fox Sunday Football, Jimmy Johnson hit the nail right on the head. He said Dallas needs to hire an OC and let Garrett be a Head Coach/Leader of the team. The very next week, the topic was brought again and Jimmy said that Garrett and Jerry Jones disagreed with him. Jimmy said" well of course they disagreed with me, because that is exactly what they are doing." He went on to say, "some owners want to be the main man that all the players answer to."

Jimmy nailed it. As long as Jerry Jones want's to be the owner/head coach/president/numeral uno.....the Cowboys will not have the success they have had in the past.
Bottom line.

As far as the Giants playing inconsistent. One thing they are consistant at is beating the Cowboys.

GrTigers6
12-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Number 3, an offensive coach is out of the question.
Earlier this year on Fox Sunday Football, Jimmy Johnson hit the nail right on the head. He said Dallas needs to hire an OC and let Garrett be a Head Coach/Leader of the team. The very next week, the topic was brought again and Jimmy said that Garrett and Jerry Jones disagreed with him. Jimmy said" well of course they disagreed with me, because that is exactly what they are doing." He went on to say, "some owners want to be the main man that all the players answer to."

Jimmy nailed it. As long as Jerry Jones want's to be the owner/head coach/president/numeral uno.....the Cowboys will not have the success they have had in the past.
Bottom line.

As far as the Giants playing inconsistent. One thing they are consistant at is beating the Cowboys.Thats got to change sometime!

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2011, 09:36 AM
As far as the Giants playing inconsistent. One thing they are consistant at is beating the Cowboys.

actually outside of 07 when Dallas swept the Giants and outside of 09 when the Giants swept Dallas, these two usually split

Farmersfan
12-30-2011, 11:00 AM
By golly FF you are correct. Jerry is an absolute dumb butt. He cant come close to your IQ. And to prove it, tell us how many billions have you made!

BEAST

So making money requires "SMARTS"? You obviously haven't been around very long. Jerry Jones made billions because he has no moral foundation. If the truth was known Jerry Jones has borrowed and lost more of other people's money than you and I could make in 10 lifetimes. There are people in this world who will take their own grandmother's social security checks to invest in some high risk scheme without a fear of what will happen if it's lost. You and I would not do that because the risk is too high. I saw these kinds of people all the time during my tenure as a stock broker. I had a lot of people come to me with ideas of taking second and third mortgages on their homes in order to get cash to invest in some high risk IPO or get rich quick scheme. Almost without fail I would refuse to do it for them. That is probably why I could not make a good living in that industry. I could not take a families last dime to invest in some risky scheme. I had one man cash out his 401K and take a second mortgage on his house to come up with 40K to put into the under Armour IPO when it went public. I refused and counseled him against it so he took that money to another broker and lost 75% of it in 5 days. Even now after 7 years he stills hasn't recovered those losses. Getting rich on borrowed money doesn't take smarts! It takes a very low moral compass and a little luck............. Jerry Jones might have a gift for getting other people to give him their money but that doesn't mean he has any kind of exceptional business smarts. At least Mark Cuban got rich by creating his own product and selling it.
And understand this is just my opinion. Jerry Jones might be the smartest man on the planet but try listening to him talk sometimes and you will see he is just smoke and mirrors. Just like his team is just smoke and mirrors these days!

Farmersfan
12-30-2011, 11:11 AM
actually outside of 07 when Dallas swept the Giants and outside of 09 when the Giants swept Dallas, these two usually split

Yea, I've always thought Dallas and NY have been pretty even. Both Dallas and NY have the potential to play some very, very high quality football at times. So the question will be which team will play it on Sunday. Based on what i watched last Saturday I really don't think the organization as a whole has much fire for the fight anymore. Calling off the dogs and taking the loss last week just because the win gets them no closer to a playoff spot is paramount to quitting. And this team has had a lot of quit in them in recent years. It makes me believe that at the first sign of things not going their way many of these players will simply quit. Thoughts of "well, at the beginning of the year nobody expected much more than 8-8 anyway and a playoff game was a pipe dream"! Instead of going into the game with a "we must win or it was a failed season" mentaltiy they will all be thinking they are playing on house money now anyway. I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect a serious butt whuppin' on Sunday night. And I also think Garrett has had enough time to fix things. We aren't going to get anything more from him in the future than what we have already gotten. If it hasn't worked in the last 20+ games then it seems pretty stupid to think it will work in the next 20..................................

Eagle 1
12-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Yea, I've always thought Dallas and NY have been pretty even. Both Dallas and NY have the potential to play some very, very high quality football at times. So the question will be which team will play it on Sunday. Based on what i watched last Saturday I really don't think the organization as a whole has much fire for the fight anymore. Calling off the dogs and taking the loss last week just because the win gets them no closer to a playoff spot is paramount to quitting. And this team has had a lot of quit in them in recent years. It makes me believe that at the first sign of things not going their way many of these players will simply quit. Thoughts of "well, at the beginning of the year nobody expected much more than 8-8 anyway and a playoff game was a pipe dream"! Instead of going into the game with a "we must win or it was a failed season" mentaltiy they will all be thinking they are playing on house money now anyway. I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect a serious butt whuppin' on Sunday night. And I also think Garrett has had enough time to fix things. We aren't going to get anything more from him in the future than what we have already gotten. If it hasn't worked in the last 20+ games then it seems pretty stupid to think it will work in the next 20..................................

Bingo. :iagree:

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
I think the whole they did not try is being overblown..only Romo and Felix, both who were hurt were taken out..Ware, and Ratliff both played...I think it has become an excuse for the loss

Eagle 1
12-31-2011, 01:49 PM
I think it has become an excuse for the loss

Maybe so. Instead of just facing the facts that we are an 8-8 team and nothing better.

LIONS#1
12-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Uhhh Go Cowboyz!!!! Giants suck!!

yellaseeker
12-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Sure wish they were playing in cowboy stadium. The giants are 3-0 there.:stirpot:

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2011, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Eagle 1;1654416]Maybe so. Instead of just facing the facts that we are an 8-8 team and nothing better.[/QUOTE

I said from the beginning with the changes on OL this team was a 7-9 to 9-7 team at best. This was a mini rebuild year

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Detroit should take care of business tomorrow against the Packers given that they'll be playing against their 2nd and 3rd string for the most of the game.

That would give them the 5 seed and mean they'd play @ NY or @Dallas depending on who wins tomorrow night.

I'm hoping Dallas gets the win because Detroit vs. Dallas is always a fun week at work for me. :devil:

On a side note: Detroit's 2012 schedule has the Lions playing @ the 2nd place NFC East team. If Dallas loses Sunday night, that will make it 3 years in a row that Detroit plays @ Dallas which is really odd.

Bullaholic
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM
"Do, or do not---there is no try."

Yoda

Go Cowboys!

lbjacj
01-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Which Cowboy team will show up tonight?

Roughneck93
01-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Newman is horrible.

83Indian
01-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Newman is horrible.

Agreed. Cant tackle to force a punt and cant cover.

coach
01-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Wow. This defense is pathetic.

83Indian
01-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Wow. This defense is pathetic.
Actually Spencers penalties and newmans lack of effort kept both drives alive. Everyone else doing enough for this to be a close game

Roughneck93
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
The offense is just as bad tonight. This team did not come to play.

Roughneck93
01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
They can't even recover fumbles tonight.

coach
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Offense shows a glimmer of hope and romo loses track of where he was at... Should have tucked and ran.

This one is about over unless we get a lucky defensive td

Bullaholic
01-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Bumbling plus mental errors. Cowboys do not look like a playoff team mentally or physically. I think they will be on the off-season bus by middle of 3rd Quarter---I don't like it, you understand, but mediocrity and inconsistency on both sides of the ball will make you be a playoff spectator team.

YTBulldogs
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM
They suck and have all year really. Team totally needs an overall from top down. Secondary by far worst in league and has been for a couple years now.

coach
01-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I wish jj would fire garrett

coach
01-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Jason written might be the biggest vGina in the league

regaleagle
01-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Somebody said "bumbling". This term probably describes this year's team better than any other I have heard. What a bunch of overpaid, underachieving "bumbling" mistake-prone professional amateurs that this team has produced. It must be the chemistry, uum...the lack of chemistry and leaders.

Txbroadcaster
01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Once agian this game shows the problems for Dallas have nothing to do with Romo...but people tomorrow will try to blame him

coach
01-01-2012, 11:20 PM
He played his ass off tonight. And prob. With a broken hand.

Bullaholic
01-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Somewhere up yonder Dandy Don is singing.."Turn out the lights, the party's over..."

regaleagle
01-01-2012, 11:28 PM
The Dallas Cowboys organization has an ownership/management problem that filters down to the players. It is so glaring and obvious that consistent underachievement of quality players coupled with years of bad draft picks falls on the backs of ownership & management. The Cowboys organization is not up to par with other less wealthy more successful NFL franchises, and therein lies the problem and the continued lack of success. It's not Romo, or any one single piece of the team you can point at. It's a conglomeration of all the bad choices and lack of leadership from the top down. That's what major corporations look at when the performance suffers. Or when the competition is whipping your butt in the marketplace.

bobcat1
01-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Our Douchebacks can't cover. Our O-Line can't block air. Our receivers don't run their routes if the ball isn't coming to them and then they can't catch it if they hear footsteps. Our running backs don't hit the hole when there is one since Demarco went down. Witten, Ware, Lee, Ratliff, Murray and the rookie tackle are all I would keep. I would also fire Rob Ryan, Demote Jason Garrett to OC if the new head coach would have him and tell Jerry Jones to stay out of the locker room, away from practice, and off the sidelines until we win a super bowl.

Bullaholic
01-01-2012, 11:45 PM
The Dallas Cowboys organization has an ownership/management problem that filters down to the players. It is so glaring and obvious that consistent underachievement of quality players coupled with years of bad draft picks falls on the backs of ownership & management. The Cowboys organization is not up to par with other less wealthy more successful NFL franchises, and therein lies the problem and the continued lack of success. It's not Romo, or any one single piece of the team you can point at. It's a conglomeration of all the bad choices and lack of leadership from the top down. That's what major corporations look at when the performance suffers. Or when the competition is whipping your butt in the marketplace.

I agree. I think Jerry Jones has had far more influence on player draft and signings than he is willing to admit. Trading down consistently in the draft has led to mediocrity, and high-priced signings of too many NFL players past their prime. The Cowboys need a bunch of young talented, smart, and hard working players upon which to resurect the Cowboy team and let a bunch of has beens and lazy players go.

Bullaholic
01-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Victor Cruz sure seems like a class young player and person who has a lot of drive, intelligence, and talent.

I sure wish Garrett was not such an android in post-game interviews. Goodness gracious man---your team just got knocked out of the NFL playoffs---throw or break something or at least raise your voice and yell a couple of expletives. He sounds like a JPL scientist explaining why a space probe failed...:D

bobcat1
01-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Seriously, I think the Ryan defensive scheme requires a higher IQ than most of the D currently has, in order to make it work.

coach
01-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Victor Cruz sure seems like a class young player and person who has a lot of drive, intelligence, and talent.

I sure wish Garrett was not such an android in post-game interviews. Goodness gracious man---your team just got knocked out of the NFL playoffs---throw or break something or at least raise your voice and yell a couple of expletives. He sounds like a JPL scientist explaining why a space probe failed...:D

Didn't we fire a coach bc of that same reason.

movethechain
01-02-2012, 12:20 AM

I hear Barry Switzer is still available. :1popcorn:

83Indian
01-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Once agian this game shows the problems for Dallas have nothing to do with Romo...but people tomorrow will try to blame him

I can't think of very many if an quarterbacks that could have done much better tonight. 4th and 1 call on the sneak was a big play. Missing Dez on the first pass and maybe not tucking the ball and running is about all he could have done better. I doubt you will hear much Romo bashing tomorrow.

This team should have had the stupid NFC east wrapped up anyways. But I think the Giants will represent better than we would have.

Ernest T Bass
01-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Terrance Newman couldn't play for John Tyler HS.

movethechain
01-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Terrance Newman couldn't play for John Tyler HS.

I was having the same thoughts about some high school players that should be able to defend the pass better than the Cowboys were doing at times. You should never allow a big receiver to outrun your defensive backs. Cowboys just look lame in the secondary. Make some good plays, but all the bad, really bad, plays more than cancel out the good. The "air" tackle was a classic ... actually a non-tackle as the ball carrier hurdled easily over and beyond.

Old Tiger
01-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Terrance Newman couldn't play for John Tyler HS.Only thing that made him an effective corner early in his career was speed and he has lost a step. IMO Cowboys need to go CB in this draft with their first round pick. Cut Newmann and free up cap space.

bobcat1
01-02-2012, 07:16 AM
I was having the same thoughts about some high school players that should be able to defend the pass better than the Cowboys were doing at times. You should never allow a big receiver to outrun your defensive backs. Cowboys just look lame in the secondary. Make some good plays, but all the bad, really bad, plays more than cancel out the good. The "air" tackle was a classic ... actually a non-tackle as the ball carrier hurdled easily over and beyond.It happened to him twice. Instead of wrapping up he always go to throw the shoulder to the legs. Every running back in the league knows that about him and Jenkins.

Phil C
01-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Our Douchebacks can't cover. Our O-Line can't block air. Our receivers don't run their routes if the ball isn't coming to them and then they can't catch it if they hear footsteps. Our running backs don't hit the hole when there is one since Demarco went down. Witten, Ware, Lee, Ratliff, Murray and the rookie tackle are all I would keep. I would also fire Rob Ryan, Demote Jason Garrett to OC if the new head coach would have him and tell Jerry Jones to stay out of the locker room, away from practice, and off the sidelines until we win a super bowl.

What we need is a Jimmy Johnson back but Jones would fire him immediately after a super bowl win when the coach wouldn't invite him to his table for a drink.

Phil C
01-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Same old Cowboys flopping again in December and January. I don't expect the Giants to last very far in the playoffs either which I would have said the same if the Cowboys had won.

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Cue ff-txb argument

YTBulldogs
01-02-2012, 09:23 AM
This team is in serious trouble and I think, Jerry need's to hire someone to handle his draft and then stay out of this person's way. JJ is clueless and has hampered more then helped the Cowboy's to win a championship. This current team is pitiful. Like someone said, only a handful should be retained, the rest let go and start over with JJ out of the draft room come this April. Just open your wallet Jerry.

Jerry, you have provided a team a great place to play, but--- you have no knowledge in drafting reliable, dedicated, talented players. BUTT OUT.

Macarthur
01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Very disappointing.

I'm still a supporter of JG, but I really think he needs someone to come in and run the offense. I think he is a better HC than an OC. Some of the mistakes made were made by lots of young coaches. I think he will correct those, but what worries me is that by running the offense, he's busy worrying about the next play instead of situations which is what the HC needs to be managing. He ran some guys off this offseason; I think he will run off several more and I think the roster will look much more like his vision for the team.

As for defesnse, I'm putting more of the blame on players. The players have to play. However, I am sick and tired of Ryan's hollow rhetoric. If you are going to talk, back it up. The defense did play better in the second half, but how do you show up for that game not ready to play? As with Garrett, I'm willing to give Ryan another year to put in his system and get some better players, but he needs to tone down the talk until he's actually done something.

Eagle 1
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
It's getting hard to be a Cowboys fan.
Nothing will change with this organazation until Jerry Jones either:
1. sells out.
2. resigns.
3. dies.

I'm just calling like I see it.
BTW, Romo had an interception and a fumble last night. Broke hand or not, he will not lead this team to another championship and is just as much a problem as the rest.

Macarthur
01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
It's getting hard to be a Cowboys fan.
Nothing will change with this organazation until Jerry Jones either:
1. sells out.
2. resigns.
3. dies.

I'm just calling like I see it.
BTW, Romo had an interception and a fumble last night. Broke hand or not, he will not lead this team to another championship and is just as much a problem as the rest.

Here we go. Couldn't resist could you?

You do realize he was sacked 6 times last night and 19 in just the month of December? Wow.

This is his last two FULL Seasons:

64.7% Comp rate 8667 Yards 57 TDs 19 INTs and a 100.1 QBR

His last two Decembers:

2009 - 68.2% Comp rate 1239 Yds 8 TDs 1 INT
2011 - 68.6% Comp rate 869 Yds 10 TDs 1 INT

What exactly would you have him do differently?

regaleagle
01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I think Romo should get a few of the offensive linemen together, trap Rob Ryan in his office, and personally shave his head. That's what I think. LOL.

Macarthur
01-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I think Romo should get a few of the offensive linemen together, trap Rob Ryan in his office, and personally shave his head. That's what I think. LOL.

Well, I'm down on Ryan right now, but I'm willing to give him a pass due to the fact that I just think this team, especially defense, just wasnt as talented as we thought they were. I mean Newman is done; James is done; Brooking has been done for 2 years. Jenkins is okay but was hurt all year. Outside of Ware, Lee and Rat, the front 7 is very very mediocre.

regaleagle
01-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Still, the D was obviously not well-coached for this game. Even with the lack of protection for Romo on the O-line, it was the D that gave up too many easy touchdowns this year. We the offense consistently puts as many points on the board as they did this year, and without a quality pass protection for Romo, and still it's not good enough for a win, then you have to look at the D. Yes, Ryan deserves ONE more year with some different personnel to work with to get it his D installed, but he could have done better schematically this year with what he had to work with.

buff4ever
01-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I wasn't even going to post I have been so poed at the cowboys. As a TEAM we got our arse kicked. Defense did better the second half, but they were ridiculous the first half (it couldn't end fast enough). Is it a different game if Romo hits bryant when he was open early, I don't know couldn't have hurt. The giants defensive line played incredible. I don't know if our line was THAT bad or if they are THAt good, or if their scheme was THAT good. Probably a little bit of all three.

Newman should do us all a favor and retire, it would help the team and do some damage control on his image around the league. I think that Ryan can do better with a few new player, some healing up, and another year with guys learning the system.

Romo played well, given the cirmcumstances of hand and lack of good protection or crazy good pressure by NY. The fact still remains that his record in these type games is not very good at all. This may be the game that it was the least his fault, I won't deny that, but it doesn't change his record. The dissappointing thing in the whole deal for me is that b/c he played well, and other areas didn't, our management and a few nuckle heads on this board still can make excuses for him, even though he has never proven he is a winner in these situations. We need him to be, and he wasn't. Was his early play sloppy due to his hand or pressure of a big game and a good NY defensive front? He may have gotten better as the game went on b/c the pressure was being lifted by the simple fact that he had nothing to lose, but to impress if he could pull it off.

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Was his early play sloppy due to his hand or pressure of a big game and a good NY defensive front? He may have gotten better as the game went on b/c the pressure was being lifted by the simple fact that he had nothing to lose, but to impress if he could pull it off.

you do realize Romo started off 10 of 12...not sure how he could play better than that to begin the game. All while being sacked 6 times and hit 20 times

Bullaholic
01-03-2012, 10:45 AM
The reality is no one player can be blamed for the Cowboy's failures over the past 15 seasons. The Cowboys problems are systemic from the owner's "Marquee Madness", down to the coaches, whose hands have been literally tied, to the offensive and defensive units who have reflected this "artificial glitzy show biz" atmosphere with their play on the field. Problems of this duration and magnitude will require several seasons of change in owner habits, player's attitudes/changes and honest, unfettered coaching philosophies before any continuity is realized and translated to success on the field.

Trashman
01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
The reality is no one player can be blamed for the Cowboy's failures over the past 15 seasons. The Cowboys problems are systemic from the owner's "Marquee Madness", down to the coaches, whose hands have been literally tied, to the offensive and defensive units who have reflected this "artificial glitzy show biz" atmosphere with their play on the field. Problems of this duration and magnitude will require several seasons of change in owner habits, player's attitudes/changes and honest, unfettered coaching philosophies before any continuity is realized and translated to success on the field.

My thoughts exactly, Bull. :clap:

GrTigers6
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
My thoughts exactly, Bull. :clap:One thing we need to think about, is this team is just a few key players from being a super bowl champion.
Out of the 8 losses this season 6 were winnable games and all of those 6 we had a lead in the 4th quarter and with something more to play for could have been in the second eagle game as well.
Some key players to help romo on offense and a few tweeks on defense, CB, Pass rusher opposite of Ware and we are a team to compete with any. Those key positions that we lacked in this year would help the rest of the defense pick up their game as well. Th
Basically a shutdown corner, a LB/ DL and a offensive lineman or two and we are there

Bullaholic
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
One thing we need to think about, is this team is just a few key players from being a super bowl champion.
Out of the 8 losses this season 6 were winnable games and all of those 6 we had a lead in the 4th quarter and with something more to play for could have been in the second eagle game as well.
Some key players to help romo on offense and a few tweeks on defense, CB, Pass rusher opposite of Ware and we are a team to compete with any. Those key positions that we lacked in this year would help the rest of the defense pick up their game as well. Th
Basically a shutdown corner, a LB/ DL and a offensive lineman or two and we are there

I agree, GrTigers---now if they only had an owner who would let them do it without skewing the process because he finds several key players who "look good in the shower". :D

When there is a Steven Jackson on the board for your pick---you DRAFT him instead of trading down and taking a Julius Jones. JJ has done this time and again and achieved nothing but mediocrity, with the possible exception of DeMarcus Ware. JERRY-LET YOUR PEOPLE IN THE PRO FOOTBALL BUSINESS GET SOME PEOPLE WHO CAN, AND WILL PLAY, AND YOU DECORATE COWBOY STADIUM AND WRITE THEIR CHECKS.

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2012, 12:28 PM
I agree, GrTigers---now if they only had an owner who would let them do it without skewing the process because he finds several key players who "look good in the shower". :D

When there is a Steven Jackson on the board for your pick---you DRAFT him instead of trading down and taking a Julius Jones. JJ has done this time and again and achieved nothing but mediocrity, with the possible exception of DeMarcus Ware. JERRY-LET YOUR PEOPLE IN THE PRO FOOTBALL BUSINESS GET SOME PEOPLE WHO CAN, AND WILL PLAY, AND YOU DECORATE COWBOY STADIUM AND WRITE THEIR CHECKS.

the jones thing was Parcells not Jerry...Parcells also wanted to draft Spears first and hope Ware was still there

that is one of the big problems..Jones handed the team over to Parcells and it got him nothing, so Jones said screw it I will takeback the reigns

Macarthur
01-03-2012, 12:29 PM

I'm not defending JJ, but passing on Steven Jackson was a Parcell's decision.

And I agree on the other point. There is not much difference at all in 7-9 and 9-7. If this offense fixes the interior OL, the offense will be very good next year. The defense needs more pieces, but it can be done. The Cowboys will have somewhere between $20-25 million in cap space to fill some holes.

Macarthur
01-03-2012, 02:03 PM
nm..

Eagle 1
01-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Here we go. Couldn't resist could you?

You do realize he was sacked 6 times last night and 19 in just the month of December? Wow.

This is his last two FULL Seasons:

64.7% Comp rate 8667 Yards 57 TDs 19 INTs and a 100.1 QBR

His last two Decembers:

2009 - 68.2% Comp rate 1239 Yds 8 TDs 1 INT
2011 - 68.6% Comp rate 869 Yds 10 TDs 1 INT

What exactly would you have him do differently?

Win.

GrTigers6
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Win.You just dont get it do you. It takes a team to win not one player.

Macarthur
01-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Win.

What would u have him do diff?

Bullaholic
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Mac & TxB. I think it was more of a co-operative decision between Parcells and JJ to pass on Steven Jackson for Julius Jones. No way will I ever believe that Parcells was autonomous in making this decision.

http://thelandryhat.com/2011/09/20/what-if-the-dallas-cowboys-chose-steven-jackson-over-julius-jones/

Macarthur
01-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Mac & TxB. I think it was more of a co-operative decision between Parcells and JJ to pass on Steven Jackson for Julius Jones. No way will I ever believe that Parcells was autonomous in making this decision.

http://thelandryhat.com/2011/09/20/what-if-the-dallas-cowboys-chose-steven-jackson-over-julius-jones/

Saints (+7.5) over COWBOYS
Did anyone say "Letdown Game"?

(Quick note on Parcells: He falls in love with Julius Jones, trades down to get him and passes up Stephen Jackson, picks up Buffalo's 2005 No. 1 pick ... and then Jones gets hurt, the team goes into the tank and he looks like an idiot. Then Jones comes back and rushes for 350 yards in two games, the team rallies back into the playoff race ... and Parcells looks like a genius. Football can be very confusing.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/041210

I"m not defending JJ because I'm mad as hell at him, but Julius Jones was a Parcells pick. That's been common knowledge since it happened.

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2012, 11:08 AM

Parcells and Jones have both said the ONLY move Jones stepped in on was Parcells wanting to take Spears first and see if Ware would last until their next pic..Jones said no, take Ware