PDA

View Full Version : A College Program Impressed Me Tonight

OldBison75
12-24-2011, 09:37 PM
I attended the First Presbyterian Church Christmas Eve Services in Shreveport tonight and was truly thrilled to see about thirty members of the North Carolina Tarheels football team in attendance. They not only attended the service, but sang the Christmas Hymns loud and proud and were genuinely thrilled to talk with anyone that took a minute to speak with them. I hope they win the Independence Bowl Monday.

Old Tiger
12-24-2011, 09:51 PM
I attended the First Presbyterian Church Christmas Eve Services in Shreveport tonight and was truly thrilled to see about thirty members of the North Carolina Tarheels football team in attendance. They not only attended the service, but sang the Christmas Hymns loud and proud and were genuinely thrilled to talk with anyone that took a minute to speak with them. I hope they win the Independence Bowl Monday.Did they accept any donations?

OldBison75
12-24-2011, 10:13 PM
No OT,they came to worship and we were honored they chose to come to our church. Believe it or not, some people actually go to church to worship God-not to get something given to them by donation. Try it sometime.

Old Tiger
12-25-2011, 02:30 AM
No OT,they came to worship and we were honored they chose to come to our church. Believe it or not, some people actually go to church to worship God-not to get something given to them by donation. Try it sometime.It wasn't a joke at religion it was more a joke at the recent stuff going on at UNC. Most college athletes you meet are well prepared kids for PR and such. Its always nice to meet athletes in clubs offer them drinks and hear them say they don't drink. Sad thing is if you offered a left handed cigarette they would gladly take.

defense51
12-25-2011, 07:04 PM
If you offered it to them, then aren't you kind of cut from the same cloth?