PDA

View Full Version : Moving forward, please remember

Gsquared
12-23-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.centralmarket.com/App_Themes/CentralMarket/images/Goods/co_beef_chartB.gif

defense51
12-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Thank you, I have committed it to memory...

RoyceTTU
12-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Great thread, will probably read it again

regaleagle
12-24-2011, 01:33 PM
I've got that #3 standing rib roast in the frig now for Christmas. Should make for one fine Christmas dinner. 'Course, ya still need something to munch on before dinner is ready. Christmas tamales, layer dip, veggies & dip, hot wings, chocolate fudge, and whatever else grabs you. But NEVER do I forget the tamales.

defense51
12-24-2011, 04:12 PM
I need your address regaleagle so I can come by for Christmas dinner.

regaleagle
12-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Heck, done properly by the chef you can really be, it's alot cheaper than eating out. I got this standing rib roast, 1st class stuff mind you, on sale for 6.99/lb. I can get about 10 serious plates out of about $40 worth of major league fare. Now that's the only way to go, babe.

Gsquared
12-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Heck, done properly by the chef you can really be, it's alot cheaper than eating out. I got this standing rib roast, 1st class stuff mind you, on sale for 6.99/lb. I can get about 10 serious plates out of about $40 worth of major league fare. Now that's the only way to go, babe.

What time we eatin?

1st and goal
12-25-2011, 12:00 PM

Yah, is it done yet? I'm waiting just around the corner....smells good...Hope you have aujus (sp?)

regaleagle
12-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Would NEVER do this menu without Au Jus. It is an essential and the coupe de gras to the entire entre. Some mashed potatoes, and asparagus spears sauteed in lemon, garlic, and butter will accompany the main course. For dessert , there is Boston Creme Pie and my own South Texas recipe(my grandmother's, actually) of banana pudding, which in also done and in the fridge as we speak. I already dipped into it last nite, and it was heavenly.

defense51
12-25-2011, 01:45 PM
My grandma used to make a banana pudding that would bring tears to your eyes!

Gsquared
12-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I got something real personal against banana pudding, stuff outta be classified as a controlled substance and outlawed as such.

regaleagle
12-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah, G I'll go along with that, allright. As soon as it's made, I try to control as much of the substance as I can and play keep away from my 22 y.o. son. Hahaha.

1st and goal
12-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Would NEVER do this menu without Au Jus. It is an essential and the coupe de gras to the entire entre. Some mashed potatoes, and asparagus spears sauteed in lemon, garlic, and butter will accompany the main course. For dessert , there is Boston Creme Pie and my own South Texas recipe(my grandmother's, actually) of banana pudding, which in also done and in the fridge as we speak. I already dipped into it last nite, and it was heavenly.

Ahhhh, Au Jus and prime rib.....just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Back around 1978, went to the motorcycle races at the Astrodome. Ate at a place called Victoria Station. Boss said to get whatever you want as it was a tax write off. I ate a 36 oz Prime Rib. Holy Cow was I stuffed. Little did I know that, if filmed, I could have started the 1st "Man vs. Food" episode.

It is good to know that we have common ground, food and south Texas. Despite our different preferences of higher learning.:) Even the WWI troops at Flanders came out of their trenches to share Christmas songs and reverence. Hope your meal turned out just as you like it. BTW, I like my prime rib done medium rare and then cook it a bit further in the steaming Au Jus making it between medium and medium well. I worked at a fancy steak house while in college for a couple semesters and the cooks taught me this method. Yum, yum.

Gsquared
12-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Dang it, prime rib and au jus! Now your singin my song!

defense51
12-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Ahhhh, Au Jus and prime rib.....just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Back around 1978, went to the motorcycle races at the Astrodome. Ate at a place called Victoria Station. Boss said to get whatever you want as it was a tax write off. I ate a 36 oz Prime Rib. Holy Cow was I stuffed. Little did I know that, if filmed, I could have started the 1st "Man vs. Food" episode.

It is good to know that we have common ground, food and south Texas. Despite our different preferences of higher learning.:) Even the WWI troops at Flanders came out of their trenches to share Christmas songs and reverence. Hope your meal turned out just as you like it. BTW, I like my prime rib done medium rare and then cook it a bit further in the steaming Au Jus making it between medium and medium well. I worked at a fancy steak house while in college for a couple semesters and the cooks taught me this method. Yum, yum.
Maybe man vs. heart attack, that's alot of cow.

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2011, 08:03 AM
I had a glorious christmas dinner of Grilled 14 oz Ribeye meduim rare..deviled eggs, baked potato and homemade stuffing