PDA

View Full Version : USC QB Barkley to return next year

Phil C
12-22-2011, 05:03 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-usc-barkley

Phil C
12-22-2011, 05:05 PM
I think this could be a hugh risky mistake like Leinart and may cost him money even if he buys insurance which he should. Of course he might get away with it like Andrew Luck but it is a hugh risk. What this also does is elivate RGIII's stock and I think RGIII should go into the draft right now and make more money thanks to Barkley.

Macarthur
12-22-2011, 05:10 PM
I agree Phil. I think this is a huge risk. He's had an amazing year; gonna be hard for him to top this years numbers. And the bad part about NFL scouting is that the more they see of you, the more they try to find issues with your game. He could have very easily been a top 5 pick this year. He could cost himself a boatload of money.

Macarthur
12-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I think it's a forgone conclusion that Wash will take a QB when they pick. Right now I think they're sitting at #5.

Txbroadcaster
12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree Phil. I think this is a huge risk. He's had an amazing year; gonna be hard for him to top this years numbers. And the bad part about NFL scouting is that the more they see of you, the more they try to find issues with your game. He could have very easily been a top 5 pick this year. He could cost himself a boatload of money.

but he loves USC and I applaud him for wanting to be able to play for BCS game

RoyceTTU
12-22-2011, 05:21 PM

He probably can't afford to take a pay-cut to go to the NFL :eek:

Macarthur
12-22-2011, 05:31 PM

So I guess they're off bowl game probation next year?

Manso/V8
12-22-2011, 05:36 PM

I agree, money's nice but we all know it isn't everything.
Even if staying at USC another year costs him some money, he's still gonna make a boat load when he does come out.
Playing college ball is a lot of fun. Sure, big time college ball is a business, but it turns in to more of a business in the NFL.
I say let him enjoy another year at USC if that's what he wants to do.

Macarthur
12-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Look, I don't have any issue with it. More power to him. All I'm saying is that it's a big risk. He's risking losing a lot of money; If he's fine with that risk then go for it and enjoy the college life for another year.