PDA

View Full Version : District 26

catfish
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Has anyone seen District 26 all-district teams?

lbjacj
12-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Has anyone seen District 26 all-district teams?

There was a report about Boerne's All district players but I can't find the full list?

Gone Fishing
12-22-2011, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=lbjacj;1653296]There was a report about Boerne's All district players but I can't find the full list?[/Q

Someone told me it was in the Boerne Star on the 16th or 19th but I cant find it.

lbjacj
12-22-2011, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=lbjacj;1653296]There was a report about Boerne's All district players but I can't find the full list?[/Q

Someone told me it was in the Boerne Star on the 16th or 19th but I cant find it.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/community/bulverde/article/All-district-team-selects-8-Canyon-Lake-players-2417853.php

lbjacj
12-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Here it is...

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/central-texas-all-district-football-honorees-2052229.html?viewAsSinglePage=true

DISTRICT 26-3A

MVP: Brennen Blakemore, sr., WR-DB, Wimberley. Offensive MVP: Brady Lambert, sr., QB, Wimberley. Defensive MVP: Nick Alana, sr., LB, Wimberley. Newcomer of the year: Brayden Beard, fr., DB, Fredericksburg.

FIRST-TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Wilson Amick, sr., Boerne. Running back: Zach Henshaw, sr, Canyon Lake; Eric Schleier, sr,. Navarro; Trinity Wilson, sr,. Wimberley; Kolby Kelley, jr., Wimberley. Wide receiver: Paul Burns, jr., Boerne; Hunter Burttschell, sr., Wimberley; Tyler Faris, sr., Bandera; Matt Magnus, sr,. Canyon Lake. Tight end: Nick Terry, jr., Navarro. Center: Christian Heatly, jr,. Wimberley. Linemen: Elijah Montgomery, sr., Canyon Lake; Jaaz McNair, sr., Canyon Lake; Kaleb Wonderlich, sr., Fredericksburg; T.J. Shannon, sr., Navarro; T.J. Moyer, sr., Boerne; David Carillo, sr,. Wimberley. Kicker: Taylor Knopf, jr., Boerne. Utility: Jay Leal, soph., Navarro; Hunter Burttschell, sr., Wimberley; Tyler Potts, sr., Canyon Lake.

FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen: Freddie Palacios, sr., Boerne; Connor Kothman, jr., Wimberley; Blake Guidry, sr,. Wimberley; Jackson King, soph., Wimberley. End: Alex Kemp, sr., Canyon Lake; Colton Fonville, sr., Wimberley. Linebacker: Eric Schleier, sr., Navarro; Alden Mann, jr., Wimberley; Trinity Wilson, sr., Wimberley; Kyle Terreo, jr., Wimberley; Jeremy Best, sr,. Canyon Lake. Defensive back: Logan Harris, sr., Boerne; Brandon Berger, sr., Canyon Lake; Seth Studebaker, jr,. Fredericksburg; Davis Holliman, sr., Wimberley; Reed Jones, jr., Wimberley. Punter: Hunter Burttschell, sr., Wimberley.
SECOND-TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Branson Belcher, jr., Canyon Lake. Running back: Eduardo Covarrubias, jr., Canyon Lake; Paco Martinez, soph., Fredericksburg; L.J. Anderson, jr., Navarro; Ryan Walker, sr,. Bandera. Wide receiver: Nolan Campbell, sr., Boerne; Quinn Pike, sr., Canyon Lake; Michael Miller, jr., Bandera; Davis Holliman, sr,. Wimberley. Tight end: Riley Oldmixon, sr., Wimberley; Dillon Erskine, jr., Bandera; Jeremy Fulton, sr., Canyon Lake. Center: Brian Borman, jr., Navarro; Darren Satsky, jr., Boerne; Ezra Barrett, sr,. Canyon Lake. Linemen: Brad Rodriguez, sr., Wimberley; Alden Mann, jr., Wimberley; Rolando Davila, sr,. Navarro; Ruban Hernandez, sr., Navarro; Lawson Allen, sr., Bandera; Logan Felch, jr., Canyon Lake. Utility: Mitchell Keese, jr., Bandera; Casey Coffee, jr., Canyon Lake; L.J. Anderson, jr., Navarro.

SECOND-TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen: Jeff Carpenter, sr., Boerne; Taylor Hocutt, sr., Canyon Lake; Triston Moore, soph., Wimberley; Aaron Shakelford, jr., Bandera. End: Kolby Kelly, jr., Wimberley; Kris Keller, sr,. Boerne. Linebacker: Matt Marrs, sr., Bandera; Bryce Collins, jr., Boerne; Joe D'Ottavio, sr., Canyon Lake; Jacob Kidwell, sr., Fredericksburg; Chris Sestak, sr,. Navarro; Dennis Smith, sr., Wimberley; Cameron Morris, jr., Wimberley. Defensive back: Nolan Campbell, sr., Boerne; Gage Bowles, sr., Navarro; Doug Hubnik, jr., Canyon Lake; Cade Davis, sr., Wimberley; Cullen McGuire, jr., Bandera.

YTBulldogs
12-24-2011, 11:29 AM
2nd team all district: Brad Rodriguez, sr., Wimberley

This kid did an awesome job during the state game.

Tejastrue
12-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Congrats to the Texans and all the young men who made this list.

I count 10 Texan underclassmen. We lose our core this year but feeling much better about what next season has in store for Wimberley football.

Tejastrue
12-24-2011, 11:37 AM
2nd team all district: Brad Rodriguez, sr., Wimberley

This kid did an awesome job during the state game.

Yes he did. :clap:

YTBulldogs
12-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Yes he did. :clap:

Tejastrue, how tall and what is his weight? Wish the state programs listed that info in it. I had my son, who is lineman himself, watch him and his execute of blocking. Rodriquez is very fundamental sound, and continues down field blocking. I know, I'm weird---I watch the hogs versus the skill kids. :)

Who is WT OL coach? He deserves recognition.

catfish
12-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Dane Saucier is the Offensive line coach at Wimberley.He has been,the coach since 1997,gets better every year. I think this was the best coaching job of his career.But,you could probably say that of the whole staff.The Wimberley staff regularly beats teams with better talent,IMO.GREAT JOB COACHES!!!

YTBulldogs
12-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Dane Saucier is the Offensive line coach at Wimberley.He has been,the coach since 1997,gets better every year. I think this was the best coaching job of his career.But,you could probably say that of the whole staff.The Wimberley staff regularly beats teams with better talent,IMO.GREAT JOB COACHES!!!

We ran two photos of Coach Donovan Ficak in our local paper this week with the state trophy, and another photo hugging players. Donovan was a 1995 graduate of Yoakum. Kinda a neat story of a home town boy, doing well.

snaxet
12-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Looks like a good core of players returning next year. Mann, Kelly, Kothman, Terreo, Reed, Moore, Heatley, Morris, and many others who received valuable playing time during the playoffs as fill-ins and on special teams. Throw in the JV team who won district and the freshman team who went undefeated looks like we will be just fine next year. But for now let's just savor the 2011 Texans, State Champs. What a year. As Coach Nelms said a lifetime of memories. Great job Texans.

Tejastrue
12-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Tejastrue, how tall and what is his weight? Wish the state programs listed that info in it. I had my son, who is lineman himself, watch him and his execute of blocking. Rodriquez is very fundamental sound, and continues down field blocking. I know, I'm weird---I watch the hogs versus the skill kids. :)

Who is WT OL coach? He deserves recognition.

Maxpreps has him listed at 6' and 265. That's probably pretty accurate.

YTBulldogs
12-24-2011, 01:59 PM

Wonder if he plans to play at a smaller college initially? He's been taught very well by Coach Saucier as has several other lineman.

Where is Smith going to play? Heard A&M. Then was told that offer is no longer pending.

lbjacj
12-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Wonder if he plans to play at a smaller college initially? He's been taught very well by Coach Saucier as has several other lineman.

Where is Smith going to play? Heard A&M. Then was told that offer is no longer pending.

What I heard was Clemson was going to offer and Tx A&M was back in the mix.

From facebook...
"Damn jut got out of the doc office to find out that everything I did on Friday was with a broken rib. 4weeks. State ring is a lifetime tho"

"Coach Nelms called me to tell me Clemson is gonna offer can't talk to them till after the bowl game."

YTBulldogs
12-24-2011, 02:15 PM
What I heard was Clemson was going to offer and Tx A&M was back in the mix.

From facebook...
"Damn jut got out of the doc office to find out that everything I did on Friday was with a broken rib. 4weeks. State ring is a lifetime tho"

"Coach Nelms called me to tell me Clemson is gonna offer can't talk to them till after the bowl game."

Congrats to him. Loved watching him play. He broke his ankle 2 years in a row? Same one?

Tejastrue
12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Congrats to him. Loved watching him play. He broke his ankle 2 years in a row? Same one?

http://mo.statesman.com/sports/highschool/hsfootball/wimberley-loses-running-back-dennis-smith-to-injury-941078.html

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/brokenbones/g/jones.htm

In 2010 it was reported as a toe injury (Jones Fracture). A pin was used to help the healing process and believe they had some problems with just how it healed and why he was out once again for basically the same injury. Maybe some of my fellow Texan fans can correct me if this inaccurate.

lbjacj
12-25-2011, 11:36 AM
The coaches don't get enough credit for the Texans Championship.They did an awesome job all season!
Wonder why Coach of the year was not mentioned in our district like some others? Had to be Nelms hands down!

wimbo_pro
12-25-2011, 12:56 PM
http://mo.statesman.com/sports/highschool/hsfootball/wimberley-loses-running-back-dennis-smith-to-injury-941078.html

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/brokenbones/g/jones.htm

In 2010 it was reported as a toe injury (Jones Fracture). A pin was used to help the healing process and believe they had some problems with just how it healed and why he was out once again for basically the same injury. Maybe some of my fellow Texan fans can correct me if this inaccurate.

I was told by one of the trainers that the 2nd break was not the same place as the 1st break (further up on the foot), a totally different injury, as ironic as that sounds.

lbjacj
12-25-2011, 01:15 PM
I was told by one of the trainers that the 2nd break was not the same place as the 1st break (further up on the foot), a totally different injury, as ironic as that sounds.

When Shipley said on the air that Dennis had broken the same ankle twice I just shook my head.That could influence college recruiters looking at him! Not good!

wimbo_pro
12-25-2011, 01:20 PM
When Shipley said on the air that Dennis had broken the same ankle twice I just shook my head.That could influence college recruiters looking at him! Not good!

Yep..not an ankle at all. That would be a much bigger deal. But I think the recruiters are better informed than to let a TV braodcaster influence them so much that they wouldnt even look into it.

Tejastrue
12-25-2011, 01:30 PM

Exactly why I asked my fellow Wimberley folk for more info. You noticed he also said Lambert was QB for the Texans in 09 when we beat Brownwood in the playoffs.

Gone Fishing
12-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Dane Saucier is the Offensive line coach at Wimberley.He has been,the coach since 1997,gets better every year. I think this was the best coaching job of his career.But,you could probably say that of the whole staff.The Wimberley staff regularly beats teams with better talent,IMO.GREAT JOB COACHES!!!:iagree:

Gone Fishing
12-25-2011, 06:50 PM

No I'm no expert, but I believe Bradly is more like 280-290. And he did play very good in state game. He has been in the system since Jr high and thats makes a big difference with WT's offense.

Gone Fishing
12-25-2011, 06:58 PM
The coaches don't get enough credit for the Texans Championship.They did an awesome job all season!
Wonder why Coach of the year was not mentioned in our district like some others? Had to be Nelms hands down!

Agree, Our coaches are amazing and it's not just the "top" 3 or 4 coaches, it goes all the way down to the last one! We are so lucky to have Nelms that can put a staff together like that and keep them. No turn over of top coaches means good boss, good program, good ("great") school and community! Gotta love to be a Texan!

Tejastrue
12-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Thanks Wimbo. That's why I try not to put too much weight in heresay. I guess if Dennis was still an underclassmen, by the time he was a senior, the story/injury would have made it from the foot to the ankle, the ankle to the fibula, the fibula to an ACL or... even a hip replacement, wait, that was Coach Nelms. Lol...

Tejastrue
12-25-2011, 09:02 PM
No I'm no expert, but I believe Bradly is more like 280-290. And he did play very good in state game. He has been in the system since Jr high and thats makes a big difference with WT's offense.

That's a lot of weight on a 6' frame.