22. Devine
(13-2)

23. Navasota
(12-5)

24.Decatur
(14-3)

25. Crystal City
(13-4)

These rankings were as of Monday. Brownwood girls beat #8 Liberty Hill last night and beat Lorena last week. They are scheduled to play #4 Lubbock Cooper in a holiday tourney and that should be a great game.

Wylie takes on Lubbock Monterey and their 6'5" star tonight. Wylie defeated Monterey for the Polk Key City title last month. Next week Wylie will be at the Whataburger Tournament, which always has a tough line up.

YTBulldogs
12-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Yoakum is now 17-2.

BEAST
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
The Brownwood/Wylie games are going to be very intense. Should make for some good basketball.

BEAST

ccmom
12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Yoakum is now 17-2.

Nice!:clap:

ccmom
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
The Brownwood/Wylie games are going to be very intense. Should make for some good basketball.

BEAST

The second time Brownwood and Wylie girls played last year was a GREAT game! Brownwood was very good last year and I expect you are right that this year's games will be very competitive.

BEAST
12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
The second time Brownwood and Wylie girls played last year was a GREAT game! Brownwood was very good last year and I expect you are right that this year's games will be very competitive.

The girls were young last year. Didnt we eventually meet yall in the playoffs and it was another very close one? If my memory serves me correct I think it came down to us missing some free throws?

BEAST

ccmom
12-21-2011, 11:42 AM
The girls were young last year. Didnt we eventually meet yall in the playoffs and it was another very close one? If my memory serves me correct I think it came down to us missing some free throws?

BEAST

No, you are thinking of the second meeting in district. It came down to Brownwood shooting free throws with no time on the clock, and the Wylie gym was LOUD and unfortunately for her, she was shooting at the goal which seats the student section just below it. Wylie won by one point. Brownwood lost to Kennedale in the playoffs. Kennedale was a REALLY good team. Wylie beat them in the Regional tournament....probably the best team Wylie faced in the playoffs, in my opinion.

YTBulldogs
12-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Nice!:clap:

Yoakum did have a key wing player go down with a knee injury during the Goliad Tournament over a week ago. Tear is what I'm hearing. Not sure if she's gonna brace it and go, or have surgery. She is a senior.

ccmom
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Ugh...hate it when any kids are injured, but especially a SR. Hopefully she will be back!!

BEAST
12-21-2011, 12:01 PM
No, you are thinking of the second meeting in district. It came down to Brownwood shooting free throws with no time on the clock, and the Wylie gym was LOUD and unfortunately for her, she was shooting at the goal which seats the student section just below it. Wylie won by one point. Brownwood lost to Kennedale in the playoffs. Kennedale was a REALLY good team. Wylie beat them in the Regional tournament....probably the best team Wylie faced in the playoffs, in my opinion.

Oh ok. Thanks for refreshing my memory. I think Brownwood gave Kennedale a really good game also.

BEAST

ccmom
12-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Oh ok. Thanks for refreshing my memory. I think Brownwood gave Kennedale a really good game also.

BEAST

Yes, they did. 6-8 point game, I think.

I also remember Brownwood having a Vacarro girl that was an underclassman. That sticks out in my mind, because then when softball rolled around there was another Vacarro girl (maybe the twin sister?) on the Brownwood softball team. We have seen WAY too much of that last name! Very talented family...:clap:

sportzman44
12-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Brownwood beat a very good Liberty Hilll team last night to bring our record to 14-3. That is two top ten teams with in a week(Lorena being the other team), then we have Lubbock Cooper this coming Wednessday (another top ten team) so we should be very competitive whith in our district again this year. I do believe we have a sleeper in the Big Springs Lady Steers though,a record of 14-3 and devouring thier opponents.So this should be a fun fun year.

By the way, that was my daughter who missed those free throws to lose to Abilene Wylie last year, needless to say she has shot a ton of free throws since that time and replayed that moment over and over again in her mind and she is ready to play her favorite team again. : )

Good luck to all our teams this year and God bless all of our athletes and keep them from harm

ccmom
12-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Brownwood beat a very good Liberty Hilll team last night to bring our record to 14-3. That is two top ten teams with in a week(Lorena being the other team), then we have Lubbock Cooper this coming Wednessday (another top ten team) so we should be very competitive whith in our district again this year. I do believe we have a sleeper in the Big Springs Lady Steers though,a record of 14-3 and devouring thier opponents.So this should be a fun fun year.

By the way, that was my daughter who missed those free throws to lose to Abilene Wylie last year, needless to say she has shot a ton of free throws since that time and replayed that moment over and over again in her mind and she is ready to play her favorite team again. : )

Good luck to all our teams this year and God bless all of our athletes and keep them from harm

I remember your daughter and that moment very well. It was intense!! She is a very good player. Good luck to her on another great season and we will see y'all in a couple of weeks!!

BEAST
12-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes, they did. 6-8 point game, I think.

I also remember Brownwood having a Vacarro girl that was an underclassman. That sticks out in my mind, because then when softball rolled around there was another Vacarro girl (maybe the twin sister?) on the Brownwood softball team. We have seen WAY too much of that last name! Very talented family...:clap:

Yea, they are twins. Right now, one is playing hoops and the other soccer. The soccer athlete does softball and the other does track. They may both do track, heck I cant keep up with them.

BEAST

YTBulldogs
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM

Awww sportzman. Tough that your girl missed those free throws last year, but--like a quality athlete, she said never again and is working on her FT's. I'm sure she was a tad nervous as well, and that experience from last year will have her prepared for the next time that situation is before her. Good luck to her and her team. Great read.

YTBulldogs
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Yoakum did have a key wing player go down with a knee injury during the Goliad Tournament over a week ago. Tear is what I'm hearing. Not sure if she's gonna brace it and go, or have surgery. She is a senior.

Just heard, this talented player does have a tear and has elected to wait till the end of the school year (top softball player too) to have surgery. She will be out of hoops for a month, then return just before playoffs. Will brace it up and give it a go. Seen several with knee injuries elect this route and they seem to do fine. Hopefully she will? Luckily, Yoakum is very deep and talented and can miss her for a month or so. But, what a shot in the arm, at the right time (playoffs) it will be, when AB returns. Great young lady.

OldNavy
12-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Random thoughts:

Unlike football, region 1 appears to be really strong in Girls Basketball.

But, do they have speed and can they overcome East Texas Speed?

Has there been a study to compare the number of stress fractures and knee injuries today in the full court game to the numbers of injuries when girls played the half court, 6 person team game?

Are there boy cheerleaders at the girls games? If not, why not?

Do Snyder girls twist ankles?

What is the Sweetwater Girls team called?

FB-fanatic
12-21-2011, 06:45 PM

BEAST

Lorena has beaten Kennedale also.

ccmom
12-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Wylie girls fall to Lubbock Monterey 61-50.

sportzman44
12-22-2011, 05:04 AM
ccmom thats a tough loss but your girls will rebound end be even stronger going into district and thank you for your kind words about my daughter earlier.

Good luck to the Wylie girls,See you soon

GO BROWNWOOD!!