PDA

View Full Version : Preseason 2012 top 10

Saggy Aggie
12-20-2011, 08:53 PM
By default...

1) chapel hill
2) wimberley

Now here's the fun. Haven't thought about this for more than 30 seconds but here's my preliminary poll:

3) Navasota
4) La Vega
5) Alvarado
6) West Columbia
7) Carthage
8) Argyle
9) Gilmer
10) Coldspring

Idk. I just think Navasota & La Vega will be pretty good. Carthage was really young from what I heard and a few others just based on reputation and this years results.

Ernest T Bass
12-20-2011, 09:01 PM
If CH is in the top 10, it's on reputation. They're losing the house!

OldBison75
12-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Navasota should be scary good. Five juniors made the AP All State Team. The offense will have the all state QB and both top receivers. And the defense will have an all state lineman and defensive back. Besides that, there were only 4 players on offense that played regularly that were seniors. On defense they lose a lineman or two, a linebacker, and the safety.

Roughneck93
12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
In no particular order...

Navasota
Carthage
LaVega
Stephenville (if they drop down)

These four would be my top picks right now. They seem to be returning a lot from some good teams. I'm sure I'm missing others but I'll go with these early on.

toddg
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
1.stephenville
2.la marque
3.navasota
4.wimberley
5.carthage
6.columbia
7.el campo
8.gilmer
9.alvarado
10.kilgore
11.la vega
12.brownwood
13.celina
14.abilene wylie
15.refugio---------yes they are that good:)

Phil C
12-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Beware of the howling bear!!!

M-town lobo fan
12-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Monahans will lose their backfield but has a RB that seen alot of playing time this year.He scored that long run vs Brownwood and is faster than #13 Cano.They also return alot on both sides of the ball.They will eventually creep up in top 15..

Saggy Aggie
12-20-2011, 10:40 PM
I didn't include teams I thought might be joining 3a, and yes etb... I have wimberley and ch up top until proven otherwise

yellaseeker
12-20-2011, 11:29 PM
You guys need to have Columbia lower than 6th cause we do better with less recognition. In reality, we are losing a boat load on both sides of the ball. I'll be satisfied just seeing us in the playoffs and hoping to get by the first round. Not pessimistic, just hate setting myself up for disappointments by being overconfident especially when there will be so much young blood coming up. Hopefully all the coaching staff will stay intact. Can't wait till season starts again.

Matthew328
12-21-2011, 09:07 AM
I think you've really got to wait until after realignment to really make a call on this...Stephenville, LaMarque, El Campo and Kilgore all could make a case for being in the top 10 next year in 3A...(Kilgore not so much but they really improved as the year went along)

wimbo_pro
12-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Sealy should be on there somewhere!

BEAST
12-21-2011, 10:55 AM
1.stephenville
2.la marque
3.navasota
4.wimberley
5.carthage
6.columbia
7.el campo
8.gilmer
9.alvarado
10.kilgore
11.la vega
12.brownwood
13.celina
14.abilene wylie
15.refugio---------yes they are that good:)

Going into next season I am not sure Brownwood needs or deserves to be ranked that high. We lost the rest of the great 2010 squad this year. We will be very young. I am not saying we wont be good, I am just saying it may take some games to get our young legs under us.

BEAST

wimbo_pro
12-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Going into next season I am not sure Brownwood needs or deserves to be ranked that high. We lost the rest of the great 2010 squad this year. We will be very young. I am not saying we wont be good, I am just saying it may take some games to get our young legs under us.

BEAST

I dont think we should be #2 either. We will be good no doubt, but we are losing so much it doesn't add up for me. Top 10? Possibly. We have some really good players returning, but not so many that we should hold the #2 spot.

Old LB
12-21-2011, 08:31 PM
They probably won't get any rank to speak of but if Godley moves up they could be one to watch, they have been a really good 2A for a while now.

Gone Fishing
12-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I dont think we should be #2 either. We will be good no doubt, but we are losing so much it doesn't add up for me. Top 10? Possibly. We have some really good players returning, but not so many that we should hold the #2 spot.

#2 might be a stretch but Got to know Nelms has some secrets brewing in the varsity subs, jv and fish teams. Some guys will go both ways for sure to make it happen though. The returning starters are bad azz players and a few non starters too.

Rabid Cougar
12-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I would put China Spring above Brownwood and LaVega. CS sophomore class beat the dog out of both them. CS returns 9 out of 11 on Offense and 7 out of 11 on D.

LIONS#1
12-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I would put China Spring above Brownwood and LaVega. CS sophomore class beat the dog out of both them. CS returns 9 out of 11 on Offense and 7 out of 11 on D.

Why does that NOT suprise me??? LMAO:1popcorn:

toddg
12-22-2011, 03:34 PM

so..with that many starters returning..we can expect another 4-0 start and an 0-6 finish next year?:)

MGAR
12-22-2011, 03:41 PM
They probably won't get any rank to speak of but if Godley moves up they could be one to watch, they have been a really good 2A for a while now.

Them Godley folks been saying that for years.

wimbo_pro
12-22-2011, 04:18 PM
#2 might be a stretch but Got to know Nelms has some secrets brewing in the varsity subs, jv and fish teams. Some guys will go both ways for sure to make it happen though. The returning starters are bad azz players and a few non starters too.

I have come closer to your original opinion now that we have seen some of these juniors come through the play offs. I was very impressed with the way they stepped up. Add to it the "unsung" players who will step up, and the freshman-turning-sophmore running back/defensive back....we WILL make the play offs, and its possible we could be undefeated going into the play offs...depending on re-alignment. But that doesnt matter to me, just make the play offs!

Rabid Cougar
12-23-2011, 11:40 AM
so..with that many starters returning..we can expect another 4-0 start and an 0-6 finish next year?:)

Good God I hope not. MOST frustrating season EVER.
CS had extremely young OL with as many three Sophmores starting. QB play was extremely eratic. Hopefully that will work itself out with more experience. Return of key injured skill players who missed the last six games. Lots of "distractions" on defense that are now gone. The entire Sophomore class becomes Juniors, easily the most talented class since the 09 class.

Rabid Cougar
12-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Why does that NOT suprise me??? LMAO:1popcorn:

Did you see the the CS/BW and CS/LV games????

toddg
12-23-2011, 12:43 PM
CS had extremely young OL with as many three Sophmores starting. QB play was extremely eratic. Hopefully that will work itself out with more experience. Return of key injured skill players who missed the last six games. Lots of "distractions" on defense that are now gone. The entire Sophomore class becomes Juniors, easily the most talented class since the 09 class.

had to be.....all 6 could/should have been wins...will be very interesting next year for sure!

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2011, 12:45 PM

coach with CS told me same thing about talent being as good as 09

texas_wildcat
12-23-2011, 04:49 PM
I think Kennedale needs to be somewhere in that hunt because they have 11 O and 9 D coming back

griff
12-23-2011, 11:12 PM
These all look like "what have you done for me lately" lists.

mick5302
12-24-2011, 02:08 AM
P
I think Kennedale needs to be somewhere in that hunt because they have 11 O and 9 D coming back Actually Kennedale loses the starting RB, and WR, everyone else is returning.

toddg
12-24-2011, 06:39 AM
P Actually Kennedale loses the starting RB, and WR, everyone else is returning.

so..we'll just beat ya'll 35-6 next year...just kidding man.. looking forward to a good match up..that is, if we are still in the same district..they may pull us west or south in the upcoming realignment..hope not, just wouldnt be the same without the always heated kennedale/alvarado get together.

cowboyandchrist
12-24-2011, 09:15 AM
By default...

1) chapel hill
2) wimberley

Now here's the fun. Haven't thought about this for more than 30 seconds but here's my preliminary poll:

3) Navasota
4) La Vega
5) Alvarado
6) West Columbia
7) Carthage
8) Argyle
9) Gilmer
10) Coldspring

Idk. I just think Navasota & La Vega will be pretty good. Carthage was really young from what I heard and a few others just based on reputation and this years results.
Carthage looses five starters total, they have 17 starters coming back, 9 sophmores and 8 juniors. I think they will be number one when the polls come out next year. This team has a chance to be better than 2008 or 2010. The offense and defense will be very very good. Everybody in East Texas is already talking about 2011 Dawgs including the coaches.

Gone Fishing
12-24-2011, 10:32 AM
I have come closer to your original opinion now that we have seen some of these juniors come through the play offs. I was very impressed with the way they stepped up. Add to it the "unsung" players who will step up, and the freshman-turning-sophmore running back/defensive back....we WILL make the play offs, and its possible we could be undefeated going into the play offs...depending on re-alignment. But that doesnt matter to me, just make the play offs!

Yeah Wimbo, I'll have you believing by two a days!! In the 26 All District Teams Wimberley had 6 Jrs and 1 Soph on first team and 3 Jrs and 1 Soph on second team. (11 total) Not a bad start for next year. The freshman turn soph you mentioned is a RB/LB. He will be a big time contributor next year as well as a couple of Jv players that were soph turn Jrs. Wish we had a couple of 6'2" receivers like this year move in or something.LOL. A Blakemore only comes along every so often so can't really wish for one of him. The way I see it we will be on the search for receivers and Db"s. This year team was very special for sure and some played togather for a long time, But this Jr class has been "tagging" along all this time and have become a special group too. They had some very good success during Jr Hi and Freshman years not losing much at all. The one thing I like most of these boys (as a group) is how many have decided to play only football and gave up on the play all sports if your good thing. Very very few of these boys will be playing basketball/baseball and will start hitting the weights and field NOW for next year. Thats special in 3A. They all better run track though! LOL

Raider Red
12-24-2011, 10:56 AM
La Vega returns 8 on Offense and 8 on defense. This from a team that was a foot away from possinly degeating the 3A division Champs. They return the Qb, top 4 running backs, top WR and all but 1 of the front 7 on defense. I think they will be in the race again and with all respect to China Spring, Until you beat them, They are the favorites to win district.

mick5302
12-24-2011, 11:57 AM
so..we'll just beat ya'll 35-6 next year...just kidding man.. looking forward to a good match up..that is, if we are still in the same district..they may pull us west or south in the upcoming realignment..hope not, just wouldnt be the same without the always heated kennedale/alvarado get together. Looking forward to next year! If our teams seperate hopefully we can play a non- district match. I bet we stay in the same district and GlenRose goes west. But UIL can do some strange things.

Rabid Cougar
12-24-2011, 12:30 PM
La Vega returns 8 on Offense and 8 on defense. This from a team that was a foot away from possinly degeating the 3A division Champs. They return the Qb, top 4 running backs, top WR and all but 1 of the front 7 on defense. I think they will be in the race again and with all respect to China Spring, Until you beat them, They are the favorites to win district.

or 1 first down from getting beat by a 4-5 CS team.

I, for one, do not count LaVega out by any means but here will be lots of teams with irons in the fire next season; Lorena, Robinson and Connally for sure. That is, if the old district holds up through re-allignment. I am not sure that will be the case though bet will be very happy if it does. I could not think of a better district to be in. Close proximaty, long standing rivalries and everyone knows everyone on the other side.

regaleagle
12-24-2011, 12:52 PM
I think you can take Argyle out of the equation for at least 2012. Navasota, Carthage, China Spring, Stephenville, and LaMarque all look to be worthy contenders for the top 10. I think you could probably say Celina will be pretty darn good too. Not sure about Alvarado, Brownwood, or Monahans. Never too sure about Region I teams. They are always unsung, but will surprise. Heck, Argyle may be back in Region I next year for all we can tell.

YTBulldogs
12-24-2011, 12:59 PM
I think El Campo will be a top 10 team as well.

regaleagle
12-24-2011, 01:02 PM
OOPS!! Sorry LaVega. Didn't mean to leave you outta the mix. Looks to me like there will be some very seasoned playoff teams fairly intact left over from 2011 that will be able to just pick up where they left off this year. The rest of us will be trying to fit pieces of the puzzle together just to make the playoffs.:confused:

wimbo_pro
12-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I think you can take Argyle out of the equation for at least 2012. Navasota, Carthage, China Spring, Stephenville, and LaMarque all look to be worthy contenders for the top 10. I think you could probably say Celina will be pretty darn good too. Not sure about Alvarado, Brownwood, or Monahans. Never too sure about Region I teams. They are always unsung, but will surprise. Heck, Argyle may be back in Region I next year for all we can tell.

Heck Regal...they had US in Region 1 just 2 years ago! You never know...

buckeyebob
12-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Carthage looses five starters total, they have 17 starters coming back, 9 sophmores and 8 juniors. I think they will be number one when the polls come out next year. This team has a chance to be better than 2008 or 2010. The offense and defense will be very very good. Everybody in East Texas is already talking about 2011 Dawgs including the coaches.

B.S.! Only the Dawgs talk about themselves...there are others that have somethng to say about it.

Manso/V8
12-26-2011, 05:03 AM
Yall are totally ignoring the return of Bellville to the playoff picture, following a 2 year absence after 10 straight years in the brackets, AND we are just getting started with a new coach and new system this past season. Think about the players and teams that come out of this slice of Texas, from Navasota, Brenham(4Apower), Hempstead(2A runnerup), LaGrange, Giddings, Bellville, Sealy, etc. The Eric Dickerson bloodline runs throughout Austin County and something in the water breeds speed and good football 'round these parts. Bellville has a concentration of heart, talent and excellent coaching right now. We were young this year and bounced back from a 2-8 season to finish 10-2 with very close loses to Sealy and Coldspring(2nd round - OT). We will likely end up in a district with Sealy and Navasota, or Smithville, LaGrange, Giddings, Columbus, and Caldwell.....so by the time the playoffs roll around we will be battle tested. We played all year with our backup QB, and our triple nutted 6'-4/225 pro style QB will be back on the field to strengthen the passing game. All of our very fast RB's and most of the best receivers are back, and we are adding some speed with some very fast kids coming off of JV. Key players on our line, LB's, and secondary are returning and we will be bigger, faster, stronger and running the Slot-T with precision. I'm not bragging, no one knows for sure until next fall, but you would be wise to include us in the conversation. Just saying......

wimbo_pro
12-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Yall are totally ignoring the return of Bellville to the playoff picture, following a 2 year absence after 10 straight years in the brackets, AND we are just getting started with a new coach and new system this past season. Think about the players and teams that come out of this slice of Texas, from Navasota, Brenham(4Apower), Hempstead(2A runnerup), LaGrange, Giddings, Bellville, Sealy, etc. The Eric Dickerson bloodline runs throughout Austin County and something in the water breeds speed and good football 'round these parts. Bellville has a concentration of heart, talent and excellent coaching right now. We were young this year and bounced back from a 2-8 season to finish 10-2 with very close loses to Sealy and Coldspring(2nd round - OT). We will likely end up in a district with Sealy and Navasota, or Smithville, LaGrange, Giddings, Columbus, and Caldwell.....so by the time the playoffs roll around we will be battle tested. We played all year with our backup QB, and our triple nutted 6'-4/225 pro style QB will be back on the field to strengthen the passing game. All of our very fast RB's and most of the best receivers are back, and we are adding some speed with some very fast kids coming off of JV. Key players on our line, LB's, and secondary are returning and we will be bigger, faster, stronger and running the Slot-T with precision. I'm not bragging, no one knows for sure until next fall, but you would be wise to include us in the conversation. Just saying......

Bellville has a football team? :)

Manso/V8
12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Bellville has a football team? :)

Yeah, we've had a football team for a few years, alot of kids playing now have a grandfather and even great-grandfather that once played for the Brahmas......of course I understand how you wouldn't know we have a football team since we're not a tourist town, don't have the rich historical significance of a school district like Wimberley (formed in 1986?), and we don't have a plastic football field, but we do have a football team.

Your response brought a smile to my face. I think, that is the EXACT same post you, or maybe it was TejasTrue, made when yall found out you were playing Taylor in the first round. Schedule Bellville in pre-district and learn some history! You might enjoy a game at the "Pasture of Pain".

YTBulldogs
12-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Yes, that would be a humdinger of a game in 2012. Bellville vs. Wimberley. Bellville sure has bought into the new coach and has that community fired up again. Good to see them good folks happy. Hope we continue to scrimmage one another? We have a solid group, that will for sure make it closer than last year's 4-1 margin.

toddg
12-26-2011, 04:23 PM

there's a lot of teams to keep an eye on next year...Bellville is certainly one of them!

Manso/V8
12-26-2011, 04:52 PM
there's a lot of teams to keep an eye on next year...Bellville is certainly one of them!

One could argue for 50 teams that should be included in the pre-season top 20 rankings. That what is nice about the playoffs, it finally answers those questions.....or at least most of them!

Manso/V8
12-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Yes, that would be a humdinger of a game in 2012. Bellville vs. Wimberley. Bellville sure has bought into the new coach and has that community fired up again. Good to see them good folks happy. Hope we continue to scrimmage one another? We have a solid group, that will for sure make it closer than last year's 4-1 margin.

I know we have scrimmaged the last 2 years, does the scrimmage series go back farther than that? We used to always scrimmage Brenham.....but maybe they got a little big for us? Good to hear that Yoakum has a good group coming back.....wonder how Cuero will look?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-26-2011, 05:23 PM
If Navasota and Bellville both have most their team back they are teams to reckon with next season, both should be in top 10. Navasota i would put up there as 1 or 2 for next year.

Manso/V8
12-26-2011, 05:35 PM
If Navasota and Bellville both have most their team back they are teams to reckon with next season, both should be in top 10. Navasota i would put up there as 1 or 2 for next year.

Navasota never seems to get the recognition or credit they deserve. Bellville still has to prove they can come through in the big games. I think our Sealy game and the Coldspring experience were good lessons for the returning players. We shall see!

OldBison75
12-26-2011, 09:39 PM
If you are putting together the top teams on paper, Bellville has to be included. The Brahamas are always a tough team to play because of the great tradition of the school. The Pasture of Pain may not be the modern field that many teams boast about, but it is one of the hardest places to steal a win for a visiting team. The fans are both very loud and very smart. It is a great football community that had a short slide through a coaching change, but has come back as strong or stronger than before. Bellville may very well be a team that makes the final four in 3A next year.

HSFB
12-27-2011, 12:19 AM
ColdSpring had a bunch of underclassmen in their starting lineup. I think that they are returning about 8 and 8 but Gilbert is gone. They should be in anyones top 5.

wimbo_pro
12-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah, we've had a football team for a few years, alot of kids playing now have a grandfather and even great-grandfather that once played for the Brahmas......of course I understand how you wouldn't know we have a football team since we're not a tourist town, don't have the rich historical significance of a school district like Wimberley (formed in 1986?), and we don't have a plastic football field, but we do have a football team.

Your response brought a smile to my face. I think, that is the EXACT same post you, or maybe it was TejasTrue, made when yall found out you were playing Taylor in the first round. Schedule Bellville in pre-district and learn some history! You might enjoy a game at the "Pasture of Pain".

LOLOL...was a joke, my friend. Didn't mean to offend at all, so please forgive me if I did. Let's re-start this conversation off on the right footing.

How many Championships does Bellville have?

OldBison75
12-27-2011, 01:09 AM
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE BEFORE HAS NO BEARING ON NEXT YEAR. I was once a nineteen year old that could last all night long, but now days I just hope I can stay awake long enough to last. Never measure how good someone may be based on what has happened before the present. Too many things can play into the success or failure of a season. I believe you can agree since I remember some injury plagued times for your team too.

Tejastrue
12-27-2011, 02:11 AM

Yep, that was me. FYI, Wimberley and Taylor have a rivalry and a bit of history between the bands. They have been competing in the same UIL and other competitions for a while now. My kid was a part of this as a member of the Texan band. This year, a repercussion of this rivalry was the Texan band bus being pillaged and ransacked of the student's personal belongings, later to be traced to Taylor people. This was done during this year's playoff game.

That statement I made (you referenced) was because we have little to no history in football and I was well aware of the band thing. With that said, I doubt you guys could teach us anything new in regards to football and tradition and having a long history of playing the sport does not necessarily covert to a winning/respected tradition. I'll take that plastic field, as you call it. Sure helps during the drought seasons when all you have is brahma poop and no irrigation. lol...

YTBulldogs
12-27-2011, 08:42 AM
I'll take that plastic field, as you call it. Sure helps during the drought seasons when all you have is brahma poop and no irrigation. lol...

We have state of the art irrigation, yet---our field looks like "poop" final third of season due to over use on it. 14 teams used it this year to play games on. Sure wish we had that plastic stuff. Rumor has it, a turf field will be coming soon to Bulldog Stadium. Not sure it will make it for 2012, but--not long after. Thanks to a mega oil storage/transfer facility being built just north of Yoakum. This plant will be the 2nd largest such plant in the USA. All the oil being found in the region, will be transported to Yoakum.

Love that black gold stuff. Saved our economy for sure.

wimbo_pro
12-27-2011, 10:18 AM
By the way...the main reason we have a "plastic field" is because in the Hill Country, water is at a premium. And sure enough, the drought lately proves we made the right decision. Also, we only have one field, and with the 7th-12th grades playing on it, plus soccer and other events...you cannot keep grass on one field with so much use.

waterboy
12-27-2011, 11:19 AM
B.S.! Only the Dawgs talk about themselves...there are others that have somethng to say about it.
Yep, the Dawgs are delusional. Who is Carthrage? Didn't they LOSE a district game this year? Hmmmm...... Everybody? Uuuuuhhhhhh............don't think so!

cowboyandchrist
12-27-2011, 12:02 PM
It won't be Gilmer that is for sure. The Dawgs and coach and coach S will be rocking and rolling next year and you know. If Carthage and Gilmer play next year, the game will not be close. Mark it down.

cowboyandchrist
12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
I forgot, everybody in East Texas but Gilmer is talking about the Carthage Bull Dawgs. Don't worry, if Gilmer plays Carthage next year you will being saying the same thing everybody else is saying and that is wow.

waterboy
12-27-2011, 12:45 PM
It won't be Gilmer that is for sure. The Dawgs and coach and coach S will be rocking and rolling next year and you know. If Carthage and Gilmer play next year, the game will not be close. Mark it down.
What makes you so sure of this? Yes, Gilmer will be young, but they have more talent coming up that will definitely be able to compete. Accept it, just like we had to, your Dawgs LOST to the Buckeyes this past season, just like we LOST to the Dawgs the year before. If the Buckeyes and the Dawgs play this next season, the game WILL be close either way. Mark it down!

waterboy
12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I forgot, everybody in East Texas but Gilmer is talking about the Carthage Bull Dawgs. Don't worry, if Gilmer plays Carthage next year you will being saying the same thing everybody else is saying and that is wow.
Once again, you're being delusional. The ONLY people in East Texas talking about Carthrage is the people in Panola County. Every 3A team that has had success in East Texas has the same amount of mentions, and it won't be easy getting out of Region 2 for anybody no matter who they are. It's the same ol' story, different year. People all around East Texas mention all the perennial powers in 3A, not just your team. Stop being such a HOMER. Geeesshh!

Manso/V8
12-27-2011, 01:14 PM
LOLOL...was a joke, my friend. Didn't mean to offend at all, so please forgive me if I did. Let's re-start this conversation off on the right footing.

How many Championships does Bellville have?

I knew it was joke and you are gonna have to try really hard to offend me! I also knew that championship question was gonna come back at me LOL......you got me on that one. I don't think we have ever won a SC, but of course we were playing football back before such things were recorded. I think we made it to the finals back in the early 60's and lost to Denver City.....they still talk about that game a lot around here. We are ranked pretty well as far as winning programs in the state, we have a good record of making the playoffs, made several deep runs, but never brought home the crown..... at least to my knowledge and I don't have the motivation to search the dusty records right now. The frustrating thing is, our close neighbors to the south, Sealy, have won a bunch of SC's, and earned the name of Titletown. A SC is an elusive and special achievement, that is why I have enjoyed watching Wimberley's run so much this year.

I'm not saying that we are built for a SC next year, but I'm hoping.....we see how things come together in the fall. I do think Bellville is one of teams that should be in the conversation when talking about top teams.

Manso/V8
12-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Yep, that was me. FYI, Wimberley and Taylor have a rivalry and a bit of history between the bands. They have been competing in the same UIL and other competitions for a while now. My kid was a part of this as a member of the Texan band. This year, a repercussion of this rivalry was the Texan band bus being pillaged and ransacked of the student's personal belongings, later to be traced to Taylor people. This was done during this year's playoff game.

That statement I made (you referenced) was because we have little to no history in football and I was well aware of the band thing. With that said, I doubt you guys could teach us anything new in regards to football and tradition and having a long history of playing the sport does not necessarily covert to a winning/respected tradition. I'll take that plastic field, as you call it. Sure helps during the drought seasons when all you have is brahma poop and no irrigation. lol...

Wow, I didn't realize bands got so competitive, I hope the bus incident wasn't too serious. I was just picking at wimbo about the history. WHS has been around long enough and won enough to have their own place in Texas football history. What's important is that the kids have that feeling of tradition and yall definitely have that. Two SC's since 2005 is hard to argue with!

As far as the artificial turf/plastic field thing, they sure are nice except for hot sunny days in July/August when they can smell like asphalt, at least the ones I have been on/around. I think that odor comes from the black beds. I would prefer if they kept those fields green though, the bright blue and bright red fields take something away for me.

1st and goal
12-27-2011, 01:59 PM
I think Lagrange might be a dark horse team next year.

cowboyandchrist
12-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Once again, you're being delusional. The ONLY people in East Texas talking about Carthrage is the people in Panola County. Every 3A team that has had success in East Texas has the same amount of mentions, and it won't be easy getting out of Region 2 for anybody no matter who they are. It's the same ol' story, different year. People all around East Texas mention all the perennial powers in 3A, not just your team. Stop being such a HOMER. Geeesshh!
Let me try this, Arygle hung 50 on the buckeyes. The Dawgs take them to two overtimes, they have seventeen starters coming back at the skilled positions, Q/B, R/B, W/R, D line, O line, linebackers and secondary. Gilmer beats them at home with 9 seconds left with a field goal. The talent from Gilmer coming up from the 9th grade got blowed out by Tatum. I could be wrong, but it looks like a Carthage win to me, but hey what do I know. I am a Tatum homer. I am only refeering to East Texas teams, Argyle, Wimberley, and all four teams Chapill Hill played made a believer out of me. I still say the Dawgs will be in the hunt, but Gilmer will not, you lost to many kids and that is fact, no homerism.

waterboy
12-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Let me try this, Arygle hung 50 on the buckeyes. The Dawgs take them to two overtimes, they have seventeen starters coming back at the skilled positions, Q/B, R/B, W/R, D line, O line, linebackers and secondary. Gilmer beats them at home with 9 seconds left with a field goal. The talent from Gilmer coming up from the 9th grade got blowed out by Tatum. I could be wrong, but it looks like a Carthage win to me, but hey what do I know. I am a Tatum homer. I am only refeering to East Texas teams, Argyle, Wimberley, and all four teams Chapill Hill played made a believer out of me. I still say the Dawgs will be in the hunt, but Gilmer will not, you lost to many kids and that is fact, no homerism.
Mistakes. Have you ever heard of that? Gilmer made more mistakes in that game than they had in any game up to that point in the playoffs, i.e penalties, 3 turnovers including a pick 6, etc., something they couldn't afford to have against a solid Argyle team. Argyle played better against the Buckeyes than they did against Carthage. If Argyle would've played the way they did against Carthage against Gilmer, the Buckeyes would've been in the championship game. Argyle made it look worse than it actually was with the score with less than 2 minutes against a Buckeye defense that didn't think the Eagles would try to score. The Eagles could've took a knee 3 times and the game would've been over.

I know it still stings you Panola County homers that you LOST to the Buckeyes. The score doesn't matter to me. A win is a win. Your Tatum team got beat, too, and beat badly by the Buckeyes, and your big brothers down the road couldn't get it done against the Buckeyes, so, yeah, it was just a bad year for you. Face it, GILMER BEAT CARTHAGE! In all honesty, Carthage SHOULD be favored heavily to beat the Buckeyes IF they play this coming season. The Buckeyes will be better than you think this coming season, though they will be young.

MGAR
12-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Argyle made it look worse than it actually was with the score with less than 2 minutes against a Buckeye defense that didn't think the Eagles would try to score. The Eagles could've took a knee 3 times and the game would've been over.

lol it's called Herring.

waterboy
12-28-2011, 09:21 AM
lol it's called Herring.
Yep. No excuses from me. Argyle was the better team. I do wish the Buckeyes would've played better, though. It happens that way sometimes.

That the way football go....:confused:

MGAR
12-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Yep. No excuses from me. Argyle was the better team. I do wish the Buckeyes would've played better, though. It happens that way sometimes.

That the way football go....:confused:

Yes sir and Gilmer was better than Carthage no matter how Mr Blinders wants to spin it.

waterboy
12-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Yes sir and Gilmer was better than Carthage no matter how Mr Blinders wants to spin it.
Tooshay, brother! Next year may be a different story, but at least this year we were. It sure does get his goat, though.

toddg
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Tooshay, brother! Next year may be a different story, but at least this year we were. It sure does get his goat, though.

reg 3 playoffs next year wont be easy for Carthage, even with their 17 returning starters, but then again, La Marque hasnt faced that 3a east texas speed...:eek:

waterboy
12-28-2011, 12:22 PM
reg 3 playoffs next year wont be easy for Carthage, even with their 17 returning starters, but then again, La Marque hasnt faced that 3a east texas speed...:eek:
Hahaha.......yep, you're right! It isn't like La Marque is not blessed with speed. I'd hazard a guess that they will have more team speed than anybody in 3A. BTW, La Marque is in East Texas..........just in the southern portion.....:eek::wave::). Getting out of Region 3 will be just as tough as getting out of Region 2, in my opinion.

Dogs_21
12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Hahaha.......yep, you're right! It isn't like La Marque is not blessed with speed. I'd hazard a guess that they will have more team speed than anybody in 3A. BTW, La Marque is in East Texas..........just in the southern portion.....:eek::wave::). Getting out of Region 3 will be just as tough as getting out of Region 2, in my opinion.

Not Considered East Texas though! Houston Area-Gulf Coast! :wave:

toddg
12-28-2011, 12:43 PM

Bwahaaaha!!! you really had to move the bounderies around, but i knew ya'll would try and claim them!
with the projected 4a drops...all the regions will be a little tougher...this aint like a few years ago...the 4a teams dropping this year were all highly competitive in 4a and have "recent" major skins on the wall.

waterboy
12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Not Considered East Texas though! Houston Area-Gulf Coast! :wave:
Well.........they ARE in the Eastern half of Texas, so you know they will have a lot of speed.:stirpot:

waterboy
12-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Bwahaaaha!!! you really had to move the bounderies around, but i knew ya'll would try and claim them!
with the projected 4a drops...all the regions will be a little tougher...this aint like a few years ago...the 4a teams dropping this year were all highly competitive in 4a and have "recent" major skins on the wall.
I didn't move any boundaries, and I don't claim them as true East Texas, but they ARE in the eastern half of Texas, thereby assuring you they will have speed........:wave:

toddg
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM
I didn't move any boundaries, and I don't claim them as true East Texas, but they ARE in the eastern half of Texas, thereby assuring you they will have speed........:wave:

we have speed bumps here in north central texas:evillol:

waterboy
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
we have speed bumps here in north central texas:evillol:
Good one! True, too. Hehehe....

I joke about East Texas speed because it seems to be what a lot of others do on here, but it still boils down to execution. Give me East Texas speed AND flawless execution, and I will win state every year, lol!

44INAROW
12-28-2011, 03:22 PM
.....wonder how Cuero will look?
that is the $1,000,000 question.. hope Cuero get's the swagger back.. this losing crap sucks..... :(

SHSBulldog00
12-28-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm going to hold out on my Top 10 until Feb.

Manso/V8
12-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Well.........they ARE in the Eastern half of Texas, so you know they will have a lot of speed.:stirpot:

The East Texas Speed "that kills" is really about the high speed chicken feed that is so popular up in northeast Texas.

wimbo_pro
12-28-2011, 05:30 PM
that is the $1,000,000 question.. hope Cuero get's the swagger back.. this losing crap sucks..... :(

I have no doubt they will! And soon!

cowboyandchrist
12-28-2011, 11:48 PM
No, but you did and got beat. Don't feel bad though it has happen alot 03,04,05,06,08,08,09,010,010, and 011

83Indian
12-29-2011, 12:10 AM
No, but you did and got beat. Don't feel bad though it has happen alot 03,04,05,06,08,08,09,010,010, and 011

Was not speed that beat us. Last time I checked Henderson was pretty fast and from East Texas. But you know this already.

Chillfan
01-12-2012, 10:55 AM
If CH is in the top 10, it's on reputation. They're losing the house!

Look for a slow start but by district i think they will be rolling. CH had a very talented JV that went undefeated. I'm predicting a descent run.

Chillfan
01-12-2012, 10:58 AM
LaVega, West Columbia, Navasota and Carthage will be in the hunt. I know there are more but i know what these return.

MGAR
01-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Kilgore could be a sleeper if they do indeed drop.

Even though they lose a ton on offense, they will have arguably one of the best LB groups in all of 3A. That along with some big boys up front and a power running game could make some noise. Coach Woods does a great job with them.

Ernest T Bass
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Kilgore could be a sleeper if they do indeed drop.

Even though they lose a ton on offense, they will have arguably one of the best LB groups in all of 3A. That along with some big boys up front and a power running game could make some noise. Coach Woods does a great job with them.

It's almost guaranteed that they drop, but I dont think they'll make much noise. Playoffs, maybe 2nd round, but doubt it. Their subvarsities weren't very good. Our sub-V's ran through'em, and ours were horrible.

cowboyandchrist
01-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Your are right it does get to me, I played for the Dawgs and I live in Tatum. Gilmorons gave a beat down to my Eagles and then turned around and beat my Dawgs Ha Ha.
Next year can not get here soon enough. You will still beat my Eagles for two more years and Carthage will beat you , but be very aware of the 2014 and 2015, could be a new sherrif in town when the centers, smiths, hortons, and hodges kids get there. They could be alot better than the 2005 bunch. I had to eat a lot of crow this year and it did not taste good. Thank goodness Chapell Hill picked up some slack.

waterboy
01-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Your are right it does get to me, I played for the Dawgs and I live in Tatum. Gilmorons gave a beat down to my Eagles and then turned around and beat my Dawgs Ha Ha.
Next year can not get here soon enough. You will still beat my Eagles for two more years and Carthage will beat you , but be very aware of the 2014 and 2015, could be a new sherrif in town when the centers, smiths, hortons, and hodges kids get there. They could be alot better than the 2005 bunch. I had to eat a lot of crow this year and it did not taste good. Thank goodness Chapell Hill picked up some slack.
Some of you Tadumb / Carthrage folk just don't get it. It's okay to dis another town and it's folks when you beat them, but when that town beats you, it's a different story. Tadumb and Carthrage may not even be on the Buckeye schedule. I'll bet they are, but who knows. I'd be disappointed if they weren't. We will beat Tadumb, as we should beat them, and Carthrage has a definite experience advantage over the Buckeyes this coming season, and should be favored. I'm still optimistic that the Buckeyes will give your Dawgs all they can handle and then some. I'm gonna say it now: if the Buckeyes and Dawgs are on each others' schedules, they will split the two games, just as they did the last two.

MGAR
01-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Some of you Tadumb / Carthrage folk just don't get it. It's okay to dis another town and it's folks when you beat them, but when that town beats you, it's a different story. Tadumb and Carthrage may not even be on the Buckeye schedule. I'll bet they are, but who knows. I'd be disappointed if they weren't. We will beat Tadumb, as we should beat them, and Carthrage has a definite experience advantage over the Buckeyes this coming season, and should be favored. I'm still optimistic that the Buckeyes will give your Dawgs all they can handle and then some. I'm gonna say it now: if the Buckeyes and Dawgs are on each others' schedules, they will split the two games, just as they did the last two.

Tadumb and the Gilmore girls also split their last two games.

GrTigers6
01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
I think you've really got to wait until after realignment to really make a call on this...Stephenville, LaMarque, El Campo and Kilgore all could make a case for being in the top 10 next year in 3A...(Kilgore not so much but they really improved as the year went along)I agree because it also depends on what district teams are placced in. Lets say that our district ends up Stephenville, Alvarado, Brownwood, GR, Godley, and Venus. Thats 5 teams that made the playoffs last year ans went at least two rounds. but only three will make the show.
Now I have also heard that there is a possibility that we drop Kennedale from our current district and pick up Godley. If that was the case then Godley would have a great shot at making the playoffs. It will be interesting to see!

waterboy
01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Tadumb and the Gilmore girls also split their last two games.
Unfortunately, the Buckeyes haven't been exceptionally good at anything other than football in the last several years. I do wish they would turn that around. I would like to see them be more successful at all the other sports. Not too many years ago it seemed the Buckeyes were good at every sport.

MGAR
01-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately, the Buckeyes haven't been exceptionally good at anything other than football in the last several years. I do wish they would turn that around. I would like to see them be more successful at all the other sports. Not too many years ago it seemed the Buckeyes were good at every sport.

Was talking about the football team. Guess you never watched that show Gilmore Girls lol...

waterboy
01-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Was talking about the football team. Guess you never watched that show Gilmore Girls lol...
Nope. Never watched that show.

MGAR
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Nope. Never watched that show.

Y'all do have TVs in Gilmore right?

MGAR
01-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Here's a random tidbit for you wataboy... As far a Tatum vs. Gilmer go.

They last time they played a regular season game with each other when both were in 3A and not in the same district was 1997. But Traylor and Evans are tight so hopefully they will play each other if not in same district.

On a side note, Tatum's enrollment is around the 415-425 mark now.. To little, to late. haha

waterboy
01-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Y'all do have TVs in Gilmore right?
Yep, but they are all black and white, and they don't get the channels that show crappy shows.:wave: They automatically go to back to "men's" shows if you put it on those channels.:)

waterboy
01-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Here's a random tidbit for you wataboy... As far a Tatum vs. Gilmer go.

They last time they played a regular season game with each other when both were in 3A and not in the same district was 1997. But Traylor and Evans are tight so hopefully they will play each other if not in same district.

On a side note, Tatum's enrollment is around the 415-425 mark now.. To little, to late. haha
Yep. I'm pretty sure the teams will be on each other's schedule regardless of whether they are in the same district or not.

I think I figured out why Tatum went to orange uniforms back when Joe Blount was head coach. Joe Blount is originally from Gilmer, and you know he had to have loved the color orange.:wave:

Ville-D
04-29-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm going to hold out on my Top 10 until Feb.

Feb has come and gone. Who is your Preseason 2012 top 10?

orange machine
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Feb has come and gone. Who is your Preseason 2012 top 10?
Brownwood 1-10

orange machine
04-29-2012, 06:59 PM
1. Carthage
2. La Vega
3. Wimberley
4. Stephenville
5. Navasota
6. Alvarado
7. Argyle
8. La Marque
9. Gilmer
10. Celina

Matthew328
04-29-2012, 08:01 PM
here's an early guess

1) Carthage
2) Stephenville
3) Navasota
4) Gilmer
5) Waco LaVega
6) La Marque
7) El Campo
8) Wimberley
9) Argyle
10) Kennedale

regaleagle
04-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Is this your Top Ten Matt, or your guess of the AP poll before the season starts?

orange machine
04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Is this your Top Ten Matt, or your guess of the AP poll before the season starts?
I think that would be his top 10.

regaleagle
04-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Here's my Top Ten for 3A after Week 5:
1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Navasota
4. LaMarque
5. Celina
6. LaVega
7. Kilgore
8. El Campo
9. Van
10. Sealy

orange machine
04-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Here's my Top Ten for 3A after Week 5:
1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Navasota
4. LaMarque
5. Celina
6. LaVega
7. Kilgore
8. El Campo
9. Van
10. Sealy
Man you know Argyle will be in the top 10. Y'all lost some good players, but y'all have a lot returning.

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 09:40 PM
The love for the newbies is just ridiculous..let them prove it on the field first...

Ville-D
04-29-2012, 09:53 PM
The love for the newbies is just ridiculous..let them prove it on the field first...

Newbies meaning Stephenville LaMarque and Kilgore?

regaleagle
04-29-2012, 10:03 PM
It's tough to squeeze 15-16 good teams into 10 slots, LOL.:D

orange machine
04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Based just on film I think their are a number of teams that can beat Sville. I don't think Sville will destroy teams like CHill did this last year. I predict that Carthage and Sville play for the D1 title with Carthage winning. I actually think Sville will have a more difficult time getting through the playoffs than Carthage. Either way they both have to get there first.

orange machine
04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
It's tough to squeeze 15-16 good teams into 10 slots, LOL.:D
That's know lie you could make a case that the top 5 or 6 could be number 1.

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Newbies meaning Stephenville LaMarque and Kilgore?

Sorry..it was not a subliminal message....:evillol: don't forget El Campo....

Matthew328
04-29-2012, 10:18 PM
The newbies that are dropping are all legit 4A power programs that have proven they can win over time. On paper (which is all pre-season rankings) are they are without question among the elite teams in the state. Looking at it objectively there's no reason Stephenville, LaMarque and El Campo shouldn't be considered top 10 teams...

Matthew328
04-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I think that would be his top 10.

It's my prelim top 10..still have more data to collect

Ville-D
04-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Sorry..it was not a subliminal message....:evillol: don't forget El Campo....

You make it sound like we just started a football program.

Manso/V8
04-29-2012, 10:49 PM
The newbies that are dropping are all legit 4A power programs that have proven they can win over time. On paper (which is all pre-season rankings) are they are without question among the elite teams in the state. Looking at it objectively there's no reason Stephenville, LaMarque and El Campo shouldn't be considered top 10 teams...

El Campo will be third in their district behind Bellville and Sealy.

Manso/V8
04-29-2012, 10:50 PM
La Marque will fall apart.
Stephenville has the character to do well.

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
You make it sound like we just started a football program.

No..No..No.. No disrespect...I just feel you must earn/prove it on the field before anything is given. I'm a nobody but it's JMO...

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 11:18 PM

Considered yes...but at the same time it is a discredit to the 3A teams who have paid their dues...again...if they are that good let them earn their way to the top and no one will have a problem with that.

orange machine
04-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Considered yes...but at the same time it is a discredit to the 3A teams who have paid their dues...again...if they are that good let them earn their way to the top and no one will have a problem with that.
Sville will get the best from those teams who can compete with them. I would say with Sville coming down they have the mark on them just because of who they are and teams want to beat them bad. In my opinion if Sville doesn't win a title dropping down to 3a then their season is a bust. I say that because of their ability and winning in 4a and most sports writers or press that i have seen have them winning it all. Again I think they can get to the title game, but if Carthage is on the other side I'm not sure Sville can hang atleast this coming year.

Tejastrue
04-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Sville will get the best from those teams who can compete with them. I would say with Sville coming down they have the mark on them just because of who they are and teams want to beat them bad. In my opinion if Sville doesn't win a title dropping down to 3a then their season is a bust. I say that because of their ability and winning in 4a and most sports writers or press that i have seen have them winning it all. Again I think they can get to the title game, but if Carthage is on the other side I'm not sure Sville can hang atleast this coming year.

It is a given (with their district) they will make the playoffs...Alvarado and Glen Rose will be their toughest challenge..don't underestimate either..(worst scenario is 3rd).. I'm not in the position to where I need to appease the masses...but...don't be surprised if they fall short of their so called destiny. Please note I'm not tooting a Wimberley Texan horn this year although 'Gone Fishing' may have convinced me otherwise.;)

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2012, 11:50 PM
El Campo will be third in their district behind Bellville and Sealy. I highly doubt that.

Sealy wasn't that good last year even with RSJ.

And bellville reminds me of el campo, just not as good.

Manso/V8
04-30-2012, 12:03 AM
I highly doubt that.

Sealy had their ups and downs last year, but they held their own, or at least played a close game with with some pretty good teams, including SC Wimberley, until they ran in to Navasota. From what I understand, they will be better than last year, and RSJ and Jowan are coming back.
Bellville will definitely be better next year.

The only thing I have heard about El Campo is that they usually have a pretty good team, and they are dropping down from 4A. I know a lot about Sealy and Bellville, and until I learn something about El Campo that tells me they are better, I am going to have to put them third.

Granted these are all just opinions and prognostications, but I am usually right.

Tejastrue
04-30-2012, 12:07 AM
I highly doubt that.

Sealy and Bellville will finish above EC...

Saggy Aggie
04-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Sealy got destroyed by navasota, granted navasota was pretty good, but it was no contest.

What makes you think bellville will be any better next year? They lost to Sealy right?

El campo is a PERRENIAL 4A playoff team usually averaging around 3 rounds a year. They barely lost in bi district to a Manvel team that is now 5a I believe that played for state this past season.

You guys are dreaming if you think bellville and sealy are clearly better. El campo will be a top 5 team and sealy and bellville will be lucky to crack the top 15 or 20

Manso/V8
04-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Sealy got destroyed by navasota, granted navasota was pretty good, but it was no contest.

What makes you think bellville will be any better next year? They lost to Sealy right?

El campo is a PERRENIAL 4A playoff team usually averaging around 3 rounds a year. They barely lost in bi district to a Manvel team that is now 5a I believe that played for state this past season.

You guys are dreaming if you think bellville and sealy are clearly better. El campo will be a top 5 team and sealy and bellville will be lucky to crack the top 15 or 20

Yeah, well Navasota almost lost to La Grange, who didn't even make the playoffs......Navasota had an excellent playoff run and played Chapel Hill pretty close, as did Columbia until they choked. What makes me think Bellville will be better next year?.......the coaching and players returning/coming up.....bigger, faster, stronger, and more familiar with a new system. Yeah, Bellville lost to Sealy last year in a close rivalry game. Bellville (a young team) choked, sound familiar? Unfortunately Bellville didn't get the chance to test themselves against Columbia. Bellville did dominate Sweeny in Sweeny, so that should give you some perspective.

What does work against Bellville is they play Sealy at Sealy, and El Campo at El Campo this year.

They take 4 teams in 4A, so a lot of teams are perrenial playoffs teams. I think El Campo was fourth in their district? Looking at the brackets, it shows that Manvel beat El Campo 35-21, maybe it was closer than it sounds. Let's put 4A in perspective. Think about Dripping Springs going three rounds deep last year, and lost by just a TD to semi qualifier Calallen. That is the same Dripping Springs that Wimberley(3a SC) sliced and diced, and that Wimberley beat Sealy by just one point earlier in the season.

Gets pretty confusing. The point is, you can't always rate teams on what the score was of previous games (last year), even with common opponents. So often it is about match ups.

Again, other than the fact that they usually have a pretty good football team and they were formerly a 4a team, I haven't heard any specifics about El Campo. I am going to have to go with the teams I know about. I would really like to know more specifics about El Campo, but I guess we will have to wait until August.

bird_fan
04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah, well Navasota almost lost to La Grange, who didn't even make the playoffs......Navasota had an excellent playoff run and played Chapel Hill pretty close, as did Columbia until they choked. What makes me think Bellville will be better next year?.......the coaching and players returning/coming up.....bigger, faster, stronger, and more familiar with a new system. Yeah, Bellville lost to Sealy last year in a close rivalry game. Bellville (a young team) choked, sound familiar? Unfortunately Bellville didn't get the chance to test themselves against Columbia. Bellville did dominate Sweeny in Sweeny, so that should give you some perspective.

What does work against Bellville is they play Sealy at Sealy, and El Campo at El Campo this year.

They take 4 teams in 4A, so a lot of teams are perrenial playoffs teams. I think El Campo was fourth in their district? Looking at the brackets, it shows that Manvel beat El Campo 35-21, maybe it was closer than it sounds. Let's put 4A in perspective. Think about Dripping Springs going three rounds deep last year, and lost by just a TD to semi qualifier Calallen. That is the same Dripping Springs that Wimberley(3a SC) sliced and diced, and that Wimberley beat Sealy by just one point earlier in the season.

Gets pretty confusing. The point is, you can't always rate teams on what the score was of previous games (last year), even with common opponents. So often it is about match ups.

Again, other than the fact that they usually have a pretty good football team and they were formerly a 4a team, I haven't heard any specifics about El Campo. I am going to have to go with the teams I know about. I would really like to know more specifics about El Campo, but I guess we will have to wait until August.

It should be a dogfight between Sealy Bellville and El Campo El Campo only advasntage would be they wont have the problem dealing with teams with a lot more depth. El Campo is very well coached and dicapleaned team with a good tradition very simular to Bellville in head to head match ups over the yearshey have a 4 win 3 losses with Bellville and a 3-2 record vs Sealy The game against Sealy the Tigers were coached by the legend coach TJ Mills from thati take they wont be a shoe in for the district. I dont think EC had a real good JV record last year but it woth saying they do over achive a lot for their talent level as a 4 AAAA team but we shall see every 3 to 5 years they have team with an abundance of speed during those time they are very dangerous in 4A but we will see

Ville-D
04-30-2012, 08:19 AM
DCTF Magazine Winter Edition Preseason 2012 top 10

1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Gilmer
4. Celina
5. La Marque
6. Sealy
7. Navasota
8. West Orange-Stark
9. Argyle
10. Bellville

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 08:30 AM

You still are not convinced on Navasota, aren't you?.... La Grange had a great game plan. I will give them their credit. I was there and I promise you that Navasota played their worst game in about 6 years against the Leopards. Do I believe that the game would have been that close if Navasota played La Grange again, no.

But, after Navasota just about manhandled the rest of the district, Sealy, Huffmann, and were a couple of plays from beating Chapel Hill, I still don't think that you are sold on Navasota.. The rest of the state is. I am not sure what you have been watching... Sealy vs Navasota wasn't even close. I told you that before the game was even played. Navasota was clearly the better team and played that way from start to finish.

Now as far as next year, I will let you know what I think after seeing a few games... But, El Campo has always been a solid program. I don't see why that would change. Navasota has 5-6 All State returning starters.. 7/8 I do believe returning all together. But, we will see how the team jels with the additions of the new players..

Bellville will be tough. I wish that we could have gotten the Brahmas on our schedule... As I see it, El Campo will be the #1 seed, followed by Bellville and then Sealy.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 08:31 AM

1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Gilmer
4. Celina
5. La Marque
6. Sealy
7. Navasota
8. West Orange-Stark
9. Argyle
10. Bellville

That's a joke to have Sealy ahead of Navasota or even in the top 10 for that matter.

Saggy Aggie
04-30-2012, 09:04 AM
That's a joke to have Sealy ahead of Navasota or even in the top 10 for that matter. +1

Navasota stomped Sealy twice and have more players returning

waterboy
04-30-2012, 09:17 AM

1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Gilmer
4. Celina
5. La Marque
6. Sealy
7. Navasota
8. West Orange-Stark
9. Argyle
10. Bellville
Gilmer is ranked a little higher than I thought they would, or should be. They lost their entire starting skill position players on offense, plus four defensive starters. Although I'm pretty sure they'll be very good, that's pretty high praise for a team that has lost that much. I do know they will have more speed this year than they had last year. The next four classes are much larger than the class of 2012, meaning more depth of talent. I look for at least two freshmen to start on this year's team because of their speed and talent. Gilmer should be VERY good over the next four seasons.

ctown81
04-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Gilmer is ranked a little higher than I thought they would, or should be. They lost their entire starting skill position players on offense, plus four defensive starters. Although I'm pretty sure they'll be very good, that's pretty high praise for a team that has lost that much. I do know they will have more speed this year than they had last year. The next four classes are much larger than the class of 2012, meaning more depth of talent. I look for at least two freshmen to start on this year's team because of their speed and talent. Gilmer should be VERY good over the next four seasons.

How will they fare in district? I'm predicting Kilgore misses the play offs. Yeah I know but i have that feeling.

waterboy
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
How will they fare in district? I'm predicting Kilgore misses the play offs. Yeah I know but i have that feeling.
It's anybody's guess at this point, but if I were going to guess......I think the Buckeyes will win district. The Buckeyes have won whichever district they've been put in ten out of the last eleven years, only losing the district title to your Dawgs in '10, who went on and won state. It'll be difficult to get out of this district without a loss, but I believe out of all the teams in this district the Buckeyes have the best shot, although I'm pretty sure Chapel Hill, Henderson, Kilgore, Bullard, and Gladewater will have a say-so in the matter. Spring Hill could surprise somebody, but I doubt it. I think Gilmer and Chapel Hill definitely make the playoffs, but that last spot will likely be between Kilgore and Henderson, in my opinion.

Tejastrue
04-30-2012, 12:36 PM

All I know is Sealy has given us fits the last two years and I can't explain what it is about the playoffs that causes them to collapse. I don't believe Navasota was that much better than Sealy but that's just me. If they have a good passing QB this year and can utilize S-J to his full capabilities they will be legit. Bellville could have easily been playing us in the semi-final game instead of Coldspring with just a few breaks in their own game against CS. Believe they have a lot of that team returning. I'm not ready to christen the newbies until they have proven it on the 3A field.

1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Henderson
4. Argyle
5. Gilmer
6. Wimberley
7. La Marque
8. Celina
9. Sealy
10. Kilgore

Saggy Aggie
04-30-2012, 01:09 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Henderson
4. Argyle
5. Gilmer
6. Wimberley
7. La Marque
8. Celina
9. Sealy
10. Kilgore LOL

No WLV or navasota and Henderson being top 10 is a joke. No way argyle is top 10, and we can go on and on about sealy. I just know they got smoked by navasota twice AND navasota has something like 5 or 6 all state guys coming back.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 01:46 PM
All I know is Sealy has given us fits the last two years and I can't explain what it is about the playoffs that causes them to collapse. I don't believe Navasota was that much better than Sealy but that's just me. If they have a good passing QB this year and can utilize S-J to his full capabilities they will be legit. Bellville could have easily been playing us in the semi-final game instead of Coldspring with just a few breaks in their own game against CS. Believe they have a lot of that team returning. I'm not ready to christen the newbies until they have proven it on the 3A field.

Yes, it's just you. The scores speak for themselves. This is not what I think, this is what I saw.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
1. Stephenville
2. Carthage
3. Henderson
4. Argyle
5. Gilmer
6. Wimberley
7. La Marque
8. Celina
9. Sealy
10. Kilgore

You are absolutely clueless!!

You are absolutely clueless!!

Yeah its a 3A thing. Just wanted to piss some people off and stir the pot. The only one that really matters is Stephenville. The rest are all fighting for second.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah its a 3A thing. Just wanted to piss some people off and stir the pot. The only one that really matters is Stephenville. The rest are all fighting for second.

Stephenville will be tough.. But, Remember Brownwood. That's all I'm going to say.

sTxforlife
04-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Thats good, everybody keep doubting Sealy.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 02:15 PM

I for one don't doubt Sealy. Someone posted their top 10 and the DTCF's winter top 10.
My beef steams from what has happened to Sealy in the matchup against Navasota the past two seasons. And given that Navasota has so much coming back, how could anyone rank Sealy ahead of the Rattlers? Now, if the season begins and Sealy is the better team, so be it.. But, I don't see the Tigers being a top 10 team to start the season.

Im a RSJ fan.

Whats the deal with Henderson? Thought they were a top team in 3A.

Tejastrue
04-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes, it's just you. The scores speak for themselves. This is not what I think, this is what I saw.

Easy there podner...not saying you didn't deserve the win. I'm just saying that I felt Sealy was a better team than they showed on that day.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Easy there podner...not saying you didn't deserve the win. I'm just saying that I felt Sealy was a better team than they showed on that day.

Well, I saw Sealy, Bellville, Navasota, and Coldspring on many occasions in 2011. This is how I would have ranked the teams.

1. Navasota- (I believe that Navasota was 1-2 scores better than Coldspring, if not more.)
2. Coldspring
3. Bellville/ Sealy

sTxforlife
04-30-2012, 02:35 PM
I for one don't doubt Sealy. Someone posted their top 10 and the DTCF's winter top 10.
My beef steams from what has happened to Sealy in the matchup against Navasota the past two seasons. And given that Navasota has so much coming back, how could anyone rank Sealy ahead of the Rattlers? Now, if the season begins and Sealy is the better team, so be it.. But, I don't see the Tigers being a top 10 team to start the season.
Thats a reasonable argument, I've never payed too much attention to preseason rankings anyways, they don't mean anything, just makes for good conversation.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Thats a reasonable argument, I've never payed too much attention to preseason rankings anyways, they don't mean anything, just makes for good conversation.

True. Can't wait till August.

Saggy Aggie
04-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Well, I saw Sealy, Bellville, Navasota, and Coldspring on many occasions in 2011. This is how I would have ranked the teams.

1. Navasota- (I believe that Navasota was 1-2 scores better than Coldspring, if not more.)
2. Coldspring
3. Bellville/ Sealy +1

I saw them all except bellville and they lost to sealy and Coldspring so nothing to write home about.

Navasota killed sealy and it was no accident. Rattlers were at least 2 tds better than Coldspring and west Columbia was every bit as good navasota, just opposite teams. Columbia with defense and navasota with offense.

sTxforlife
04-30-2012, 02:39 PM
You and me both!

Ville-D
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
1 Carthage
2 Navasota
3 LaVega
4 Celina
5 Gilmer
6 La Marque
7 El Campo
8 Wimberley
9 Bellville
10 Sealy

:thinking:

cowboyandchrist
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
You sound just like someone else on this board about two years ago, they thought Brownwood would win it all because they were hanging 50 to 60 on everybody they played. Then along came the beast from the East, well nothing has changed. There will be a team from the East that will give The Ville all they want and the end result will be the same. The East (hopefully Carthage) is still the champ of 3A football. Your turn.

Tejastrue
04-30-2012, 03:38 PM

2. Coldspring
3. Bellville/ Sealy

Where would you have put La Grange? :wave:

Belville 48 La Grange 3 Navasota 27 La Grange 26

Ville-D
04-30-2012, 03:46 PM

Football math is more complicated than Quantum Physics.

Team A beat Team B by 30
Team C beat Team B by 7
How should A do vs C?

(also only team BW can beat team BW) :evillol:

Tejastrue
04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
+1

I saw them all except bellville and they lost to sealy and Coldspring so nothing to write home about.

Navasota killed sealy and it was no accident. Rattlers were at least 2 tds better than Coldspring and west Columbia was every bit as good navasota, just opposite teams. Columbia with defense and navasota with offense.

I can only go by what I saw and the numbers from the games played. Navasota's playoff loss to CH confirms what you said. You can't give up 56 and expect to win I don't care who you are playing. Their defense was the weakest of the last 4 teams CH played and was exposed on that day.

hookandladder
04-30-2012, 03:52 PM

Yes we laid an egg at Bellville last year, to many excuses to go there however we went toe to toe with Navasota. I know a number of players off last years Navasota team, they were impressed with our team last year. They did not make any excuses like you as to why they almost got beat, they gave credit where credit was due. I was at the Navasota - Sealy playoff game, that game could have gone either way after half time which SJ's was having his way with the Navasota D in the first half. SJ did not have any help in the second half and Navasota did what it does best and that is live on big plays, with the receivers you guys had all the QB has to do is throw it up and let your receivers go get it. I am not knocking your QB , just stating a fact about your WO's.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 03:58 PM

Well, I only saw La Grange play that one game. From what I saw from the Leopards, they were clearly a better team by the time district rolled arround. Look for La Grange to turn heads this year. Mark that down.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes we laid an egg at Bellville last year, to many excuses to go there however we went toe to toe with Navasota. I know a number of players off last years Navasota team, they were impressed with our team last year. They did not make any excuses like you as to why they almost got beat, they gave credit where credit was due. I was at the Navasota - Sealy playoff game, that game could have gone either way after half time which SJ's was having his way with the Navasota D in the first half. SJ did not have any help in the second half and Navasota did what it does best and that is live on big plays, with the receivers you guys had all the QB has to do is throw it up and let your receivers go get it. I am not knocking your QB , just stating a fact about your WO's.

Navasota was up 17-7 @ halftime, 31-7 @ end of 3rd, and 40-7 before Sealy scored their final td in the final minute.

RSJ had 117 yards in the first half and 14 yards in the second half.

As far as Baker goes, QB-Navasota, I believe that he only had 3/4 INT's all year. Yeah, give him a little more credit than that.

http://brazosfootball.com/2011/rattlers-cruise-past-sealy-40-13-next-playoff-opponent-tbd/

Tejastrue
04-30-2012, 04:09 PM

You be a big dummy...maybe you can tell me when was a time I tried to make excuses. I believe all I've ever done is give credit to Sealy after our match-ups and am high on their players. That's why I'm here trying to defend them. I recall you were the one last year that said we would not be able to compete late in the playoffs. Sorry to disappoint. Wow..receivers that go get the ball...what a concept. Lol..

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 04:15 PM
I can only go by what I saw and the numbers from the games played. Navasota's playoff loss to CH confirms what you said. You can't give up 56 and expect to win I don't care who you are playing. Their defense was the weakest of the last 4 teams CH played and was exposed on that day.

I agree.. 13 points came as a result of two early turnovers on ko return.. CHILL went up 13-0 I believe in the first 2 minutes.

Chillfan
04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
I still think WC, Navasota, or La Vega will be in the top five come mid season.

CH will be creeping us as well as the season goes on.

Saggy Aggie
04-30-2012, 06:04 PM
LG was probably the most improved team in 3a last year from start to finish. WC beat them 29-0 early in the year, but i wouldnt have wanted to play them come week 10.

hookandladder
04-30-2012, 06:07 PM
You be a big dummy...maybe you can tell me when was a time I tried to make excuses. I believe all I've ever done is give credit to Sealy after our match-ups and am high on their players. That's why I'm here trying to defend them. I recall you were the one last year that said we would not be able to compete late in the playoffs. Sorry to disappoint. Wow..receivers that go get the ball...what a concept. Lol..

You big dummy, my comments were directed at the Navasota person saying Navasota played their worse game of the year against us last year. Why would I be talking trash to you, I was defending Sealy also. SJ just needs more help on the offensive end, they need a QB.

HEMOTOXIC
04-30-2012, 06:56 PM
You big dummy, my comments were directed at the Navasota person saying Navasota played their worse game of the year against us last year. Why would I be talking trash to you, I was defending Sealy also. SJ just needs more help on the offensive end, they need a QB.

Hook, I don't make excuses and I sure as hell don't say things on this site just to satisfy anyone. Yes, Navasota played their worst game that I have seen in about 6 season. La Grange had something to do with that. But, I have seen Navasota play every game and what I saw was that Navasota played very poorly. Take that how you want to. As you recall, I also stated that I didn't see how La Grange record was what is was. La Grange was one of the better teams that Navasota faced in 2011.

**NFL, College, HS.. any team can/do have bad games...

Tejastrue
04-30-2012, 07:26 PM

Then why put my comment in your response. How else was I suppose to look at it?

Manso/V8
04-30-2012, 07:58 PM
You still are not convinced on Navasota, aren't you?

El Campo has always been a solid program. I don't see why that would change. Navasota has 5-6 All State returning starters.. 7/8 I do believe returning all together. But, we will see how the team jels with the additions of the new players..

Bellville will be tough. I wish that we could have gotten the Brahmas on our schedule... As I see it, El Campo will be the #1 seed, followed by Bellville and then Sealy.

Hemo - I was/am sold on Navasota. I was surprised yall lost to CH. I was never really sold on West Columbia, but they made it deep, so my hat is off to them.
I was only using that Navasota/La Grange game as a reference point to try to illustrate that you can't always rate/rank teams based on common opponents. Teams have bad games (La Grange was not nearly up to potential against Bellville), a lot of it is about match ups.........and rivalry games, well that is a whole 'nother thing all together.
Plus, I knew if I mentioned the Navasota/LaGrange game, you would come our of hibernation!

Bellville could have hung with any running team last year, but a good passing team could have picked us a part.......a weakness that will go away this year, methinks.
That is why, despite being a homer, I never stated we would likely go deep in the playoffs. If we had gotten by Coldspring, we might have had the chance to play Wimberley and their passing game would have likely torched us.

I am sure that Navasota should be ranked in the top 10. Based on what I have seen from Navasota, and film I have seen on Stephenville, I think Navasota will beat Stephenville if they meet next year.

Again, the only thing I am hearing about El Campo is they have always been a solid program. Well, you can say the same thing about most of the teams discussed on this board. I am putting Bellville and Sealy above El Campo in district until we have real info.

hookandladder
04-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Hook, I don't make excuses and I sure as hell don't say things on this site just to satisfy anyone. Yes, Navasota played their worst game that I have seen in about 6 season. La Grange had something to do with that. But, I have seen Navasota play every game and what I saw was that Navasota played very poorly. Take that how you want to. As you recall, I also stated that I didn't see how La Grange record was what is was. La Grange was one of the better teams that Navasota faced in 2011.

**NFL, College, HS.. any team can/do have bad games...

OK, I got it. Navasota played one of their worse games in 6 seasons but La Grange was also one of the better teams you faced in 2011, that makes it crystal clear. I take that as very confusing but hey it is what it is, one thing I do agree with you is on La Grange having something to do with Navasota playing one of their worse games in 6 years. That is normally what causes teams to lose, I am not knocking your team just that La Grange found your weakness and exposed it. You guys will do well again next season, Baker is a really good QB with some really good receivers. I would definitely ranked them in the top 10 for next season, maybe even top 5.

Gone Fishing
04-30-2012, 09:34 PM
It is a given (with their district) they will make the playoffs...Alvarado and Glen Rose will be their toughest challenge..don't underestimate either..(worst scenario is 3rd).. I'm not in the position to where I need to appease the masses...but...don't be surprised if they fall short of their so called destiny. Please note I'm not tooting a Wimberley Texan horn this year although 'Gone Fishing' may have convinced me otherwise.;)

Give me a little more time and you might be tooting...LOL Wimberley will surprise, but should realistically start out 7-12 ranking. Damn that hurt!

HEMOTOXIC
05-01-2012, 07:50 AM
OK, I got it. Navasota played one of their worse games in 6 seasons but La Grange was also one of the better teams you faced in 2011, that makes it crystal clear. I take that as very confusing but hey it is what it is, one thing I do agree with you is on La Grange having something to do with Navasota playing one of their worse games in 6 years. That is normally what causes teams to lose, I am not knocking your team just that La Grange found your weakness and exposed it. You guys will do well again next season, Baker is a really good QB with some really good receivers. I would definitely ranked them in the top 10 for next season, maybe even top 5.

Good Luck to the Leopards. If La Grange can build on their finish, they will be a very good team next season.

JacketSwarm
05-02-2012, 10:02 AM
By default...

1) chapel hill
2) wimberley

3) Navasota
4) La Vega
5) Alvarado
6) West Columbia
7) Carthage
8) Argyle
9) Gilmer
10) Coldspring

the way i see it:

1: Stephenville
2 to 190: the rest of y'all

no contest.

mark it
iiiieee
your shot

JacketSwarm
05-02-2012, 10:04 AM
1 Carthage
2 Navasota
3 LaVega