PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Rumors out of Lubbock

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Tweets of current DC glasgow getting fired
Then tweets saying this isn't the case

Tubs hired Price out of Ole Miss which was a Dline coach. Lateral move
Price was the DC for tubs at Ole Miss and ran the 4-3

A few days ago a new recruit committed to Tech saying he is going because they will run the 4-3

The current DC Glasgow was brough in to coach the 4-2-5 that TCU runs.

Very interesting to see what plays out. I hate to have 3 defensive schemes in 4 years tough.

cr180t
12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
It is all over footballscoops.com

Very interesting

skins4life
12-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Channel 11 news said it's all lies about Tubberville firing anyone. That's as of 6 o'clock this evening though. Things could have changed since them.

1st and goal
12-21-2011, 09:04 AM
http://www.aggiesports.com/football/A-amp-amp-M-s-offensive-line-coach-heading-to-Texas-Tech--6855923

getting A&M's O line coach.

WildTexan972
12-21-2011, 09:41 AM
so far in Lubbock the Tupperware salesman has blamed the players, then the coaches, then the players, then the coaches....anyone but himself....and the program is in disaster mode seeking federal relief.....most of his recent recruits are mediocre JUCO kids that he hopes will jolt the ranks and save his job....the next step will probably be when the moron Hance crooked politician gives Tupperware another raise and contract extension for the great job he is doing.....heck offer him anything, since it has been proven NO contract with Tech is valid or enforceable anyway....

all the Hance tail kissers will focus on is Tupperware's quality recruiting classes....this year which includes 3 4stars and the rest 3stars and under.....hardly a quality class and probably to weaken as some of the better players weigh the option of playing for a sinking ship...

RoyceTTU
12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
so far in Lubbock the Tupperware salesman has blamed the players, then the coaches, then the players, then the coaches....anyone but himself....and the program is in disaster mode seeking federal relief.....most of his recent recruits are mediocre JUCO kids that he hopes will jolt the ranks and save his job....the next step will probably be when the moron Hance crooked politician gives Tupperware another raise and contract extension for the great job he is doing.....heck offer him anything, since it has been proven NO contract with Tech is valid or enforceable anyway....

all the Hance tail kissers will focus on is Tupperware's quality recruiting classes....this year which includes 3 4stars and the rest 3stars and under.....hardly a quality class and probably to weaken as some of the better players weigh the option of playing for a sinking ship...

FWIW - I doubt Hocutt would stand around and let Hance sign anymore contract extensions unless he can see somthing upticking. I know Hance is Hocutt's supervisor, but Hance is putting alot of trust in Hocutt.

I agree with you about the program is in disaster mode. I'm not 100% sold on switching defensive schemes again, but I do see some value into getting back to a simpler defensive scheme. The 3-4 and 4-2-5 seem to be very complicated to the players. I think long run it's a good move. The defense went from 116 ranked in the nation to 120 ranked in the nation. Something has to be done. I'm also very leary of Neil Brown. I'm not sure if cTT is medling in the play calling or NB is trying to mix it up too much. Stick to what works and what has worked. If he would use the same playbook he used at Troy, we would look like the old TTU.

I'm not completely sold on cTT but I'm also havn't given up all faith in him. Time and time again coaches go to schools and it takes a few years to get there feet underneath them. Last year was a tough pill to swallow but nobody could of forseen the injury problems we had last year. Of the starters, we lost over half due to injury. That's tough for any team much less a team not very deep like TTU.