PDA

View Full Version : Regional Bubble

SHSBulldog00
12-20-2011, 11:59 AM
For those of us who have teams that fluctuate between regions, where do you see your team heading?

MGAR
12-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Who knows with us(Tatum).

Three years ago, last time we were 3A, we were in RegIII... but the time before that RegII... These past two years in 2A we have been RegIII...

Teams we were in the district with before have been either in RegII or RegIII the last two alignments. Being in RegII could give us closer playoff games if we are lucky enough to make it..

Necked
12-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Columbia & Sweeny have always been on that bubble, whether 3A or 4a. The fact that Kashmere's entire district is now 3a, that may act as a buffer between regions 3 & 4 for District 29 teams. La Marque could end up in that district as well, unless the UIL thinks 29 needs more teams in it, or they move Palacios back south again.

Roughneck93
12-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Columbia & Sweeny have always been on that bubble, whether 3A or 4a. The fact that Kashmere's entire district is now 3a, that may act as a buffer between regions 3 & 4 for District 29 teams. La Marque could end up in that district as well, unless the UIL thinks 29 needs more teams in it, or they move Palacios back south again.I agree. That Houston district dropping down has me thinking that we will stay in Region IV.

Bosqueville
12-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Every year I think Brownwood will head east or south, but alas we go west.... May be different with the Ville dropping. Who knows.

Old LB
12-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Every year I think Brownwood will head east or south, but alas we go west.... May be different with the Ville dropping. Who knows.

With the exception of the Waco and Killeen district we were in during the Freeman years. Being basically in the center of the state makes it hard to figure, I am thinking back into district with Stephenville.

Pendragon13
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Every year I think Brownwood will head east or south, but alas we go west.... May be different with the Ville dropping. Who knows.I wish Big Spring would move back up to 4A..then S'ville could just join our district. Or we could just do a 6 team district..

Rabid Cougar
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
China Spring in Region III or Region I. Who knows?

Old LB
12-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I wish Big Spring would move back up to 4A..then S'ville could just join our district. Or we could just do a 6 team district..

I hope we get out of district Big Spring and Snyder, way too far to drive for my blood. A lot better eating joints around S'ville, Alvarado, Glen Rose, ect. Maybe Wylie could come over to that district with Brownwood.

Pendragon13
12-21-2011, 10:09 AM
I hope we get out of district Big Spring and Snyder, way too far to drive for my blood. A lot better eating joints around S'ville, Alvarado, Glen Rose, ect. Maybe Wylie could come over to that district with Brownwood.Send Big spring/Snyder to far west or panhandle districts....create a new district with Sweetwater, Wylie, Brownwood, Glen Rose and Alvarado. Probably won't happen, but it would make for an interesting slugfest for playoff spots every year..;)

toddg
12-21-2011, 03:25 PM
i would prefer Alvarado to stay in a westerdly direction, since west texas is in my blood..dad(notrees) and mom (odessa) went to rival schools in odessa..in the 70s and 80s i had cousins going to OHS, Permian, Abilene High, and Midland Lee...made for very interesting Thanksgivings and other family get togethers for a while there!

BwdLion73
12-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Im hopeful that we move East (that will increase our team speed)

OldNavy
12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Celina over the years has been in Region 1 and 2 in 2A. They have only been in Region 2 while in 3A. However, with Lovejoy, Prosper, Van Alstyne and Whitesboro leaving 3A, I could see a scenario that would put them in Region 1. As a fan, I have enjoyed going to the playoffs in Dallas and Tyler, better than I enjoyed going to Abilene or Wichita Falls. But, it is fun to play different teams so, except for the extra travel, Region 1 would be fun. In other sports it would not be so great. Going to Lubbock for the Regional Cross Country meet would be a little much for casual fans.

toddg
12-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Celina over the years has been in Region 1 and 2 in 2A. They have only been in Region 2 while in 3A. However, with Lovejoy, Prosper, Van Alstyne and Whitesboro leaving 3A, I could see a scenario that would put them in Region 1. As a fan, I have enjoyed going to the playoffs in Dallas and Tyler, better than I enjoyed going to Abilene or Wichita Falls. But, it is fun to play different teams so, except for the extra travel, Region 1 would be fun. In other sports it would not be so great. Going to Lubbock for the Regional Cross Country meet would be a little much for casual fans.

unless the casual fan is also a big buddy holly fan, or their kids plan to go to texas tech..:)

OldNavy
12-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Who isn't a big Buddy Holly fan and who doesn't want their kids to go to Texas Tech?:cheerl:

toddg
12-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Who isn't a big Buddy Holly fan and who doesn't want their kids to go to Texas Tech?:cheerl:

well..i know i am! of course i know the Holley family and i went to Texas Tech..not to mention i was born there..:thumbsup:

lbjacj
12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
For those of us who have teams that fluctuate between regions, where do you see your team heading?

Looks like a tough district! Good luck!

padillapollCarl Padilla
2012 Re-Alignment, District 29-3A. Bay City, Brazosport, Columbia, El Campo, La Marque & Sweeny.

SHSBulldog00
12-22-2011, 11:33 AM

padillapollCarl Padilla
2012 Re-Alignment, District 29-3A. Bay City, Brazosport, Columbia, El Campo, La Marque & Sweeny.

Thanks, Just have to wait and see.

Roughneck93
12-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Looks like a tough district! Good luck!padillapollCarl Padilla2012 Re-Alignment, District 29-3A. Bay City, Brazosport, Columbia, El Campo, La Marque & Sweeny.This makes sense. Man, it would be a battle every week though.

SHSBulldog00
12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
It will be hard for the UIL to send Wharton and Needville elsewhere when they are inbetween EC, Sweeny and WC.

Roughneck93
12-22-2011, 01:09 PM
It will be hard for the UIL to send Wharton and Needville elsewhere when they are inbetween EC, Sweeny and WC.Yeah that might be a problem. Going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Pudlugger
12-23-2011, 09:14 AM
La Grange will probably go to R4 this realignment. If past is prelude the district would look like this:
LG
Smithville
Giddings
Columbus
Bellville
Caldwell

MUSTANG69
12-23-2011, 02:58 PM

padillapollCarl Padilla

That might well be the toughest district in the state if it comes true.

Dogs_21
12-23-2011, 08:41 PM
That might well be the toughest district in the state if it comes true.

I agree :thumbsup:

YTBulldogs
12-23-2011, 08:44 PM

padillapollCarl Padilla

Yeah, this sounds like a good placement of these teams. :)

SHSBulldog00
12-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Possible 3A School's in our area

Bay City
Brazosport
Columbia
El Campo
La Marque
Needville
Sweeny
Wharton

I could see the UIL making two 3A district's

All they would have to do is add in some combination of Stafford, Brookshire Royal, Sealy, Columbus. Just some Food for Thought

Old Dog
12-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Burnet will most likely stay in Reg IV. Being in the central part of the state we have been in three regions at one time or another. That does give us interesting and varied looks at different teams.

regaleagle
12-25-2011, 02:34 PM
With the addition of all these new 3A's in this region, some shifting of Regions 1 and 2 will have to occur. That would put Argyle and Celina in Region 1 this year is my guess. And no telling who in Region 3 now ends up in Region 2 to fill a void left there. The movement will have to occur to make room for an additional district down there. I doubt they will put Wimberley back in Region 1 again. More likely, a combo of 9 & 10 districts will become 9 again, or become 8. Still will be missing a district 10 with the drop downs from 9 & 10.

SHSBulldog00
12-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Possible 3A School's in our area

Bay City
Brazosport
Columbia
El Campo
La Marque
Needville
Sweeny
Wharton

I could see the UIL making two 3A district's

All they would have to do is add in some combination of Stafford, Brookshire Royal, Sealy, Columbus. Just some Food for Thought

I'll say half of these will be RIII and the rest RIV.

SHSBulldog00
12-26-2011, 04:21 PM
What I have heard

D 24
Brookshire Royal
Houston Kipp
La Marque
Needville
Sealy
Stafford

D 29
Bay City
Freeport Brazosport
Columbia
El Campo
Sweeny
Wharton

Necked
12-26-2011, 04:33 PM
D 29
Bay City
Freeport Brazosport

Are we expecting the cutoff to be above 1000 students this time around?

SHSBulldog00
12-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Are we expecting the cutoff to be above 1000 students this time around?

I have been hearing around 1,024

If it is 1,014 or lower BC and B'port will stay 4A and the district's will be readjusted.