PDA

View Full Version : Bob Shipley

bobcat1
12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
I thought he did a great job this weekend. I enjoyed listening to him. He did get his Brownwood Lions plugs in. :D

Old Green
12-18-2011, 10:41 AM
I thought he did great also. Very knowledgable on high school sports and teams.

LionFan72
12-18-2011, 11:04 AM
I thought he did a great job this weekend. I enjoyed listening to him. He did get his Brownwood Lions plugs in. :D
Great man, great coach, with a limitless knowldge of football! We are very proud and thankful to have him!

RoyceTTU
12-18-2011, 11:08 AM
He does the Lical morning radio show quite often and is actually entertaining. Pretty good sense of humor. I enjoy listening to him

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Anyone else get the impression that he wanted to slap the piss outta Craig Way a few times for the dumb@ss things he kept saying?

bobcat1
12-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Anyone else get the impression that he wanted to slap the piss outta Craig Way a few times for the dumb@ss things he kept saying?lmao! Yep!

wimbo_pro
12-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I was impressed with him. He kept it moving and kept it interesting. He is well spoken, and obviously very knowledgable. I liked his quickness too...you could tell he knew where he was going with his comments, as opposed to his partner, who seemd to take you down the road with a comment...and then just drop you! LOL

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2011, 12:58 PM
IF he wasn't Brownwood's coach he would be pretty good. MUCH better than the other color commentators though.

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2011, 01:38 PM
As long as he stuck to the game, he was really good.

Every now and then, he'd veer into some sort of political commentary, though. I couldn't quite decode where he was going with that sometimes.

I actually had the thought that Ranger Mom or whoever does such a thing now would've stepped in and scolded him at some point if he were on this board. What was up with him calling out the Wimberley community as "liberals' near the end of the game with Argyle? Then he mentioned it was because of its proximity to Austin. All that may be true, but I was thinking "***" does this have to do with football?

Tejastrue
12-18-2011, 02:15 PM
I was impressed with him. He kept it moving and kept it interesting. He is well spoken, and obviously very knowledgable. I liked his quickness too...you could tell he knew where he was going with his comments, as opposed to his partner, who seemd to take you down the road with a comment...and then just drop you! LOL

Agreed. He also had high praise for Coach Nelms. That was very much appreciated.

Tejastrue
12-18-2011, 02:18 PM
As long as he stuck to the game, he was really good.

Every now and then, he'd veer into some sort of political commentary, though. I couldn't quite decode where he was going with that sometimes.

I actually had the thought that Ranger Mom or whoever does such a thing now would've stepped in and scolded him at some point if he were on this board. What was up with him calling out the Wimberley community as "liberals' near the end of the game with Argyle? Then he mentioned it was because of its proximity to Austin. All that may be true, but I was thinking "***" does this have to do with football?

I guess I didn't catch that. I'll have to go back and listen. It's not true by the way. lol...

Pendragon13
12-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Kudos to Fox for getting on air people who actually follow or are involved in high school football....instead of a bunch of college/professional announcers trying to memorize stacks of fact sheets before each game.

44INAROW
12-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Anyone else get the impression that he wanted to slap the piss outta Craig Way a few times for the dumb@ss things he kept saying?

not sure if SHipley wanted to slap him, but everyone in the room with us did.. that guy is irritating

BEAST
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Coach Shipley has read this thread and has asked me to clear this up, he was not knocking Wimberly at all. They point he was making was about how Nelms, a country boy from Plains, TX and the folks from a more liberal area have embraced each other and made a special program together.

BEAST

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Coach Shipley has read this thread and has asked me to clear this up, he was not knocking Wimberly at all. They point he was making was about how Nelms, a country boy from Plains, TX and the folks from a more liberal area have embraced each other and made a special program together.

BEAST

Well, that explains it. If Coach Shipley is still reading this, his sons played/are playing for my alma mater in "liberal" Austin (lol), so I am a huge Shipley family fan. :)

bobcat1
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM

BEAST That's exactly what I took it to mean.

ccmom
12-18-2011, 06:11 PM

BEASTThanks for that, but what we really want to know is whether or not he wanted to slap Way! ;)

BEAST
12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks for that, but what we really want to know is whether or not he wanted to slap Way! ;)

I just asked him. Let's see what he says.

BEAST

BEAST
12-18-2011, 07:45 PM
From Coach Shipley:

"No - he's a really interesting guy. Knows HS football like nobody I've ever been around."

BEAST

Tejastrue
12-18-2011, 08:13 PM
From Coach Shipley:

"No - he's a really interesting guy. Knows HS football like nobody I've ever been around."

BEAST

A professional response. Wouldn't have expected anything different. :clap:

LIONS#1
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
LOL I also enjoyed watching Coach on the big screen...awesome guy and hope he sticks around Brownwood for a while. He did an awesome job and quite frankly he is why I stuck around and watched the games he commentated to a certain degree. Great Role Model for our youth!!! as well as some adults.:1popcorn:

YTBulldogs
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
not sure if SHipley wanted to slap him, but everyone in the room with us did.. that guy is irritating

What happened to Dana Larson? She's better than any of the Fox employees in regards to HS coverage. Way is bad and even worse is the dude that has hair issues all the time. Rener I think is his name. Try's to be funny and isn't. His "Berman-like" nicknames stink.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2011, 11:01 PM
What happened to Dana Larson? She's better than any of the Fox employees in regards to HS coverage. Way is bad and even worse is the dude that has hair issues all the time. Rener I think is his name. Try's to be funny and isn't. His "Berman-like" nicknames stink.

If they ever have a slappy parade, he'll be in front with a flaming batton.