PDA

View Full Version : NOW What?

warhorsejoe
12-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Now that the football season is over, now what? Can't wait till next year.

Congrats to the Texans!

SintonFan
12-18-2011, 12:45 AM

Congrats to the Texans!

Joe, stick around for the off-season. We like to ahem... "bend the rules". lol ;)
emerson is better at it than most... :D

Old Green
12-18-2011, 10:38 AM

Congrats to the Texans!Stick around for the other sports, joke around and stuff. Realignment in February is going to be a fun time with everyone's predictions.

LionFan72
12-18-2011, 11:06 AM

Congrats to the Texans!
Football Depression 101!

Gone Fishing
12-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Football Depression 101!

Man, I wish Dave Campbells magazine was coming out this week! Its going to be a long 6 months.
Im trying to put Wimberleys team together for a repeat. We need to fill a few spots on both sides, but doable.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Man, I wish Dave Campbells magazine was coming out this week! Its going to be a long 6 months.
Im trying to put Wimberleys team together for a repeat. We need to fill a few spots on both sides, but doable.

The Winter Edition will be out in a few weeks.

Gone Fishing
12-18-2011, 12:04 PM
The Winter Edition will be out in a few weeks.

Yeah, but with all due respect it is a tease!

wimbo_pro
12-18-2011, 12:24 PM

Sure its doable, we saw in the last 6 weeks a few of the underclassmen really shine. But I would be a complete homerhead if I didnt mention the fact that as far as starters returning next year, it will be a low number...as compared to last year...a VERY low number. I am thinking something like 6 or so. Certainly our skill positions were overwhelmingly seniors. What did we return this year? 15? 18? Big difference.

However, if anyone can make the most out of it, its Coach Nelms. We will be strong next year, we will get in the play offs again (probably win the district too), but how far will we go? I hope we are good enough to play ball in December, but thats a tall order for a re-loading team!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-18-2011, 12:36 PM
couple of months til baseball is here, that sure helps to get through sevaral months of no football.

warhorsejoe
12-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I have a football season hangover but I love my 3ADownlow family. Seems like y'all will help me get through this....THANKS!:2thumbsup

Roughneck93
12-18-2011, 01:49 PM
couple of months til baseball is here, that sure helps to get through sevaral months of no football.Baseball, right around the corner. Can't wait!

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Waiting.......

Tejastrue
12-18-2011, 02:11 PM
I have a football season hangover but I love my 3ADownlow family. Seems like y'all will help me get through this....THANKS!:2thumbsup

We'll all be there for you WHJ. How many players returning next year? I know Sadler graduates.

Gone Fishing
12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Sure its doable, we saw in the last 6 weeks a few of the underclassmen really shine. But I would be a complete homerhead if I didnt mention the fact that as far as starters returning next year, it will be a low number...as compared to last year...a VERY low number. I am thinking something like 6 or so. Certainly our skill positions were overwhelmingly seniors. What did we return this year? 15? 18? Big difference.

However, if anyone can make the most out of it, its Coach Nelms. We will be strong next year, we will get in the play offs again (probably win the district too), but how far will we go? I hope we are good enough to play ball in December, but thats a tall order for a re-loading team!

Yeah, It would be real easy to be a homerhead but I think it will be alot like 2006. Alot of good players but couldnt get past reg final due to injury and sickness with not enough depth to get it done that game. (We need to stay totally healthy) The starters that return is a small number, but we did have alot of players that didnt start but played a whole lot and were good. The average fan may not have seen how much these guys played and how good they were and will be but they are there. I'm afraid though too many players may have to go both ways in close/playoff games and that is something we didnt have to do much this year. The def can be really really good again if some DB's can be found. The offense can be good if some recievers can be found. Its a shame Jones won't have this years recievers abilitys to throw to, all will be gone and Jones was the backup to all three. That will be a big hole that must be filled. I could see some players being moved around some from this year to fill that.(RB Morris comes to mind and is fastest player on team this year) Kelly might be the best running back we have seen (in numbers next year) since Buse. (no disrespect to others)
Kicker will be much better in his second ever year too. So, it will be fun and our coaches will find the players no doubt. There are a few back ups and Jv players and Sophs that will be contributors or starters also. It will be a reloading team for sure but with some pretty good bullets to load with. I see Jones and Mann being great leaders and gamers on offense and defense respectively.

Matthew328
12-19-2011, 10:01 AM
At least its a realignment year that makes the off-season a little better

waterboy
12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
We'll all be there for you WHJ. How many players returning next year? I know Sadler graduates.
He does? I thought he was a sophomore this year, and will take over duties as QB next year. Too bad he got injured early in the state game. That young man is good, AND fast. He runs a 10.3 or a 10.4 in the 100 meters. He will have to go through a lot of rehab because of the torn ACL.

lbjacj
12-19-2011, 12:19 PM
He does? I thought he was a sophomore this year, and will take over duties as QB next year. Too bad he got injured early in the state game. That young man is good, AND fast. He runs a 10.3 or a 10.4 in the 100 meters. He will have to go through a lot of rehab because of the torn ACL.

Wrong Sadler. He's talking about Joseph Sadler of Devine, not Ian sadler of Argyle.

YTBulldogs
12-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Now that the football season is over, now what?

In Yoakum, it's time to get excited about this year's baseball team. One of our best overall clubs, that has the native's excited, like you guys were in regards to your football teams.

waterboy
12-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Wrong Sadler. He's talking about Joseph Sadler of Devine, not Ian sadler of Argyle.
Oh....gotcha. Sorry. Carry on.......:wave:

GrTigers6
12-19-2011, 02:16 PM
At least its a realignment year that makes the off-season a little betterUnless you get put in district with Stephenville, Brownwood and Alvarado:doh::D

pirate4state
12-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Wait on spring sports. Looking forward to track season, baseball & too see how our very young softball team does. :thinking:

1st and goal
12-19-2011, 02:28 PM
There's always the Refugio thread to get on. It should last another 3-6 months at the rate it's going.

toddg
12-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Alvarado's baseball team gonna be kicka^^ this year! im thinkin state run!

realignments gunna be fun to talk about..region 1 may have its own version of "district of doom" it will be interesting to see how the uil throws the darts on the map!

YTBulldogs
12-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Unless you get put in district with Stephenville, Brownwood and Alvarado:doh::D

Or, El Campo.:(

Cam
12-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Joe, stick around for the off-season. We like to ahem... "bend the rules". lol ;)
emerson is better at it than most... :D

....a limerick competition?......

Roughneck93
12-19-2011, 06:05 PM
I'll finally be making the transition to basketball tomorrow. Taking in Columbia's boys game at the Toyota Center vs Danbury. Not a bad deal, tomorrow's ticket also gets you into the Rocket's home opener against the Spurs next week.

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2011, 07:23 PM
1. Wait for February. Either us and Snyder are going to go west/north and end up in a crappy district where both will make the playoffs or us and Wylie will go east and...along with Brownwood...will be put in a district where all three teams will stay home in week 11.

2. Wait for baseball season. We have a good core of players returning this season and should compete for a playoff spot.

cowboyandchrist
12-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Football Depression 101!
It is not to bad LionFan, for me anyway. The Carthage Bull Dawgs will be in the hunt again next year no matter who moves down in classification. We have 17 starters coming back and most of them will be juniors. So lots to keep up with in the off season. How does Brownwood look for next year. I still say the Carthage/Brownwood game was the best game I have ever seen.

bobcat1
12-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I still say the Carthage/Brownwood game was the best game I have ever seen.It was probably the best I have seen too in person.

BEAST
12-20-2011, 09:33 AM
It is not to bad LionFan, for me anyway. The Carthage Bull Dawgs will be in the hunt again next year no matter who moves down in classification. We have 17 starters coming back and most of them will be juniors. So lots to keep up with in the off season. How does Brownwood look for next year. I still say the Carthage/Brownwood game was the best game I have ever seen.

Same here, one awesome game. As for Brownwood, next year we will be really young. How that plays out we will have to wait and see. However, after next year we should about 5 or 6 years worth of really strong teams.

BEAST

Old LB
12-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Same here, one awesome game. As for Brownwood, next year we will be really young. How that plays out we will have to wait and see. However, after next year we should about 5 or 6 years worth of really strong teams.

BEAST

What do you know about the all world lineman that moved in from Schertz?

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 04:15 PM
What do you know about the all world lineman that moved in from Schertz?

Schertz sounds like something that happens when you have an upset stomach :eek::ack!:

BEAST
12-20-2011, 04:22 PM
what do you know about the all world lineman that moved in from schertz?

stud!!!!!!!!

Beast

Cam
Schertz sounds like something that happens when you have an upset stomach :eek::ack!:

I've schertzed once...or twice, in my lifetime........:ack!:

BEAST

I thought that was a shart not a schertz

BEAST

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 04:36 PM

BEAST

I think it really depends on if you've had sauerkraut within the last 24 hours on which word you use.

BEAST
12-20-2011, 04:45 PM
I think it really depends on if you've had sauerkraut within the last 24 hours on which word you use.

Wow. Thanks for clearing that up. What is it if you have had some beer and sauerkraut?

BEAST

Cam
12-20-2011, 04:49 PM

BEAST

Actually Beast, I've pondered this myself...and I've heard a few different explanations:
1) A shart is when you flatulate first, then you crap in your pants! But a shertz is when you flat out crap in your pants, then expel a little complimentary gas!

2) There's also the more complex explanation.....A shart basically means you've stained your underwear hence only needing to throw those away before your wife sees them!! And a shertz is a bit more serious cause not only did you stain your underwear, but you've managed to let it seep all the way to your jeans/pants/etc........in which case, you're probably doin' the laundry!!
Either way.....it's one crappy mess......:)......which got me to thinkin'....is this phenomena strictly associated with men???

BEAST
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Actually Beast, I've pondered this myself...and I've heard a few different explanations:
1) A shart is when you flatulate first, then you crap in your pants! But a shertz is when you flat out crap in your pants, then expel a little complimentary gas!

2) There's also the more complex explanation.....A shart basically means you've stained your underwear hence only needing to throw those away before your wife sees them!! And a shertz is a bit more serious cause not only did you stain your underwear, but you've managed to let it seep all the way to your jeans/pants/etc........in which case, you're probably doin' the laundry!!
Either way.....it's one crappy mess......:)......which got me to thinkin'....is this phenomena strictly associated with men???

That is some fine pondering and observation. Also, you pose a very good question. If the phenomena does also include females, do the names of the actions change?

BEAST

BEAST
12-20-2011, 05:11 PM
By jove Cam I think Ive got it. I can prove that this phenomena actually started with the females and somehow moved on to us males.

Lets look at the word shart. It is a word comprised of 2 words sh!t and fart, hence shart. Both of those words are commonly used among men and not so often among women. Especially the first word.

Now, lets look at a word that has been around far longer than shart. The word is poot. It is also made up of 2 words, poop and fart, hence poot. Only woman would use poop. No self respecting man would allow that word to cross his lips. I think I have just proven that the phenomena started with females.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow. Thanks for clearing that up. What is it if you have had some beer and sauerkraut?

BEAST

Then your donsky if it was Schlitz beer. Pray for mercy

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 05:14 PM

Hot chicks don't fart!!!!

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 05:17 PM
By jove Cam I think Ive got it. I can prove that this phenomena actually started with the females and somehow moved on to us males.

Lets look at the word shart. It is a word comprised of 2 words sh!t and fart, hence shart. Both of those words are commonly used among men and not so often among women. Especially the first word.

Now, lets look at a word that has been around far longer than shart. The word is poot. It is also made up of 2 words, poop and fart, hence poot. Only woman would use poop. No self respecting man would allow that word to cross his lips. I think I have just proven that the phenomena started with females.

BEAST

Hmm, you might be on to something. If I voted for pulitzer prize, you'd be a shoe in.

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
And this ladies in gentelmen, is how worthless but productive offseason can become :2thumbsup

BEAST
12-20-2011, 05:21 PM
and this ladies in gentelmen, is how worthless but productive offseason can become :2thumbsup

precisely!!!!

Beast

toddg
12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Hot chicks don't fart!!!!

yes they do!! there just not as loud and they smell like chanel #5!

skins4life
12-20-2011, 08:38 PM
And this ladies in gentelmen, is how worthless but productive offseason can become :2thumbsup

That's exactly what I was thinking. :thumbsup:

Cam
12-21-2011, 10:46 AM

BEAST
Dang Beast...that makes perfect sense!.....You're like a walkin' breathin' version of Wikipedia!...just amazing knowledge.....:doh: