PDA

View Full Version : Dallas vs TB

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Dallas winning 14-0, but O-Line playing bad

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Romo now thrown 8 TDs and no ints this December(2.5 games)

Saggy Aggie
12-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Romo has 4 tds in the first half...

I guess this is the kind of pace he has to maintain to satisfy ff.

Eagle 1
12-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey, you Romo lovers might be on to something.
Tampa has only one 1st down and Romo is looking wonderful tonight.
Maybe it is the defense fault when he screws up. LOL....

Roughneck93
12-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Yikes!! That was ugly.

Eagle 1
12-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Hmmmm.....I guess after that Romo turnover the defense will now suck.

Oh wait, I have that backwards. When the defense sucks, Romo sucks.

Wait a minute, the defense hasn't been on the field YET in the second half.

Ok, now I'm confused.

coach
12-17-2011, 10:06 PM
And here comes ff with his first post of the night. And I'm
Sure he won't mention Doug frees name. 100% romos fault

Saggy Aggie
12-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Lol here comes the 2nd half meltdown

Eagle 1
12-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Lol here comes the 2nd meltdown

You mean another meltdown.

Saggy Aggie
12-17-2011, 10:14 PM
You mean another meltdown. meant to put '2nd half* meltdown'

Eagle 1
12-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I guess the lights were in Miles eyes again on that one too. LOL...

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2011, 11:49 PM
8-6 now

SintonFan
12-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Romo played almost flawless. That sack and fumble was a good play by TB.
Still a nice win by the Cowboys. Take this momentum and run with it to Philadelphia. You are gonna need it Cowboys! I'll be rooting for you! :clap:

83Indian
12-18-2011, 12:13 AM
What are the playoff scenarios?

Dallas wins out, they win the divison

Giants win out, they win the divison

What happens if Dallas loses next two and are 8 and 8, Giants lose two of three and are 8 and 8, Eagles win out and are 8 and 8?

Dallas conference record is 6 - 4, NY and Philly are 4 - 6. NY and Philly have 2 conference games and 1 non conference (both play the jets).

Philly wins out, they would have the head to head on both Dallas and NY provided NY loses 2 of 3 but beats Dallas.

Giants can lose 1 more game as long as its not to Dallas.

I think if they are all 8 and 8, Philly wins by virtue of head to head against both Dallas and NY.

Both Dallas and NY can go 9 and 7 as long as Dallas beats NY, Dallas would have a better conference record I think.

SintonFan
12-18-2011, 12:30 AM
What are the playoff scenarios?

Dallas wins out, they win the divison

Giants win out, they win the divison

What happens if Dallas loses next two and are 8 and 8, Giants lose two of three and are 8 and 8, Eagles win out and are 8 and 8?

Dallas conference record is 6 - 4, NY and Philly are 4 - 6. NY and Philly have 2 conference games and 1 non conference (both play the jets).

Philly wins out, they would have the head to head on both Dallas and NY provided NY loses 2 of 3 but beats Dallas.

Giants can lose 1 more game as long as its not to Dallas.

I think if they are all 8 and 8, Philly wins by virtue of head to head against both Dallas and NY.

Both Dallas and NY can go 9 and 7 as long as Dallas beats NY, Dallas would have a better conference record I think.

I thought you were asking a question but it looks like you have it figured out pretty well. :D

83Indian
12-18-2011, 12:38 AM
I thought you were asking a question but it looks like you have it figured out pretty well. :D

LOL Kind of. I don't know if a tie is determined by head to head, division record, point spread. Would be a lot simpler id Dallas would just win out but I think both Philly and NY will beat them.

SintonFan
12-18-2011, 12:44 AM
LOL Kind of. I don't know if a tie is determined by head to head, division record, point spread. Would be a lot simpler id Dallas would just win out but I think both Philly and NY will beat them.

If Dallas can play like they did in the first half of THIS last game, then all bets are off on them losing the next two weeks. I think this year is different with a different coach and a different Romo! This year we need our defense to make more stops in the second half... hopefully that will happen with a different defensive coordinator! :D;)
At least I am keeping my fingers crossed, because I do love Dallas Cowboy victories! :clap:

83Indian
12-18-2011, 12:50 AM
If Dallas can play like they did in the first half of THIS last game, then all bets are off on them losing the next two weeks. I think this year is different with a different coach and a different Romo! This year we need our defense to make more stops in the second half... hopefully that will happen with a different defensive coordinator! :D;)
At least I am keeping my fingers crossed, because I do love Dallas Cowboy victories! :clap:

Me too. I don't think Romo will be the problem. I think our D is just not that good. Philly and NY back to back away games. Just don't see it happening.

SintonFan
12-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Me too. I don't think Romo will be the problem. I think our D is just not that good. Philly and NY back to back away games. Just don't see it happening.

Optimism is your friend... :D

Txbroadcaster
12-18-2011, 01:10 AM

Philly is a home game

83Indian
12-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Philly is a home game

Thanks Tx. I misse that one.

Then maybe its a little better chance than I thought. However Philly has a way of putting the hurt on Dallas.

So it may be that showdown in NY.

If we get the chance, I'll be rooting for them for sure. Thats just gonna be tough because loser is out all together most likely.

Roughneck93
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Back in first place again. Thanks to the Redskins (I guess) for knocking off the Giants.

bobcat1
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Back in first place again. Thanks to the Redskins (I guess) for knocking off the Giants. That helps but in the long run we have to beat them or they have to lose again and we can't afford a loss now.

Roughneck93
12-18-2011, 06:15 PM
That helps but in the long run we have to beat them or they have to lose again and we can't afford a loss now.Yes sir, winning out would be the best thing to have happen. Would rather not have to rely on outside help.

coach
12-18-2011, 06:26 PM
we can clinch next week. we win and ny loses and we win the division

GrTigers6
12-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Thanks Tx. I misse that one.

Then maybe its a little better chance than I thought. However Philly has a way of putting the hurt on Dallas.

So it may be that showdown in NY.

If we get the chance, I'll be rooting for them for sure. Thats just gonna be tough because loser is out all together most likely.You have to remember what happened last time Philly steam rolled someone, ( Cowboys) they got their butts handed to them the very next game. So this weeks game will be very interesting.

buff4ever
12-19-2011, 09:16 AM
All around good game fore the cowboys against TB. We looked good. Not overly excited by it because it was TB, but looking good is atleast what we were suppose to do. Giants losing makes it look better, but it really isn't. However, if we can beat the Eagles, I think the Giants will lose to the Jets.

I am remaining optimistic here.

Although, did anyone watch the post-game interview with Romo. That surely couldn't have boosted your confidence in defending him as a leader that will get us there. Sanders and Faulk have no confidence in him either. I am still pulling for him to prove us wrong, but he didn't give me a different feeling than I have had of him in that interview.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 10:00 AM
All around good game fore the cowboys against TB. We looked good. Not overly excited by it because it was TB, but looking good is atleast what we were suppose to do. Giants losing makes it look better, but it really isn't. However, if we can beat the Eagles, I think the Giants will lose to the Jets.

I am remaining optimistic here.

Although, did anyone watch the post-game interview with Romo. That surely couldn't have boosted your confidence in defending him as a leader that will get us there. Sanders and Faulk have no confidence in him either. I am still pulling for him to prove us wrong, but he didn't give me a different feeling than I have had of him in that interview.

Eagle1 said same thing..what exactly about the interview was so bad? He answered every question and IMO gave good answers

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 10:15 AM
And here comes ff with his first post of the night. And I'm
Sure he won't mention Doug frees name. 100% romos fault

Your stupidity really knows no bounds coach! Watch that play again! Romo rolled into trouble and the defender hit his arm (not even the ball) and Romo fumbles. 100% Romo's fault but only a true moron like you would look at that play and blame someone else. Romo was not in danger from Doug Free's man on that play and all he had to do was step up 1 step but just like on several occasions he choose to abandon the pocket when he really didn't need to. Fortunately on most of those occasions he made good plays anyway. He didn't on this one. I like the way Tony Romo is playing right now and for the past couple of weeks. If he continues to play like this the Cowboys will have a great opportunity to do what they need to do to get into the playoffs. And the one thing about the playoffs this year will be that the Cowboys are capable to beating any of the top teams in the NFC. The best team in the NFC has one of the worst defenses so it could become a issue in the playoffs for them. The Saints will be tough but every other NFC team has a lot of weaknesses. Anything can happen once they get there as long as Romo plays like this!

And I haven't heard any comments from everyone on how hard Felix Jones is running now.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011121700/2011/REG15/cowboys@buccaneers#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Your stupidity really knows no bounds coach! Watch that play again! Romo rolled into trouble and the defender hit his arm (not even the ball) and Romo fumbles. 100% Romo's fault but only a true moron like you would look at that play and blame someone else. Romo was not in danger from Doug Free's man on that play and all he had to do was step up 1 step but just like on several occasions he choose to abandon the pocket when he really didn't need to. Fortunately on most of those occasions he made good plays anyway. He didn't on this one. I like the way Tony Romo is playing right now and for the past couple of weeks. If he continues to play like this the Cowboys will have a great opportunity to do what they need to do to get into the playoffs. And the one thing about the playoffs this year will be that the Cowboys are capable to beating any of the top teams in the NFC. The best team in the NFC has one of the worst defenses so it could become a issue in the playoffs for them. The Saints will be tough but every other NFC team has a lot of weaknesses. Anything can happen once they get there as long as Romo plays like this!

And I haven't heard any comments from everyone on how hard Felix Jones is running now.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011121700/2011/REG15/cowboys@buccaneers#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Romo rolled away from Free's man he did not roll into Free's man ( and Romo takes blame for not protecting the ball)

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Romo rolled away from Free's man he did not roll into Free's man ( and Romo takes blame for not protecting the ball)

100% incorrect TXB! Frees man was pushed around the backside of the pocket and had ZERO chance to even touch Romo until Romo rolled into his path. clink the link and then select the highlite on the right that says Romo Fumble sets up TB score. If Romo rolls left on that play instead of right he has a wide open Austin running free or he could probably run for 10 yards himself. Bad decision on Romo's part and not protecting the ball. (AGAIN)

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 11:05 AM
100% incorrect TXB! Frees man was pushed around the backside of the pocket and had ZERO chance to even touch Romo until Romo rolled into his path. clink the link and then select the highlite on the right that says Romo Fumble sets up TB score. If Romo rolls left on that play instead of right he has a wide open Austin running free or he could probably run for 10 yards himself. Bad decision on Romo's part and not protecting the ball. (AGAIN)

\

FF..The guy is coming from his backside, he is rolling( not a true roll) to the right the dude is coming backside left

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
\

FF..The guy is coming from his backside, he is rolling( not a true roll) to the right the dude is coming backside left

Wow! Even when it's on video you still can't admit the truth! If Romo simple steps up 1 step or even just stands still the rusher doesn't come close to touching him. Yet you and Coach are so protective of Romo you can't even admit what you watch on video over and over and over again. Watch the video until it gets to the slo-mo replay from the endzone. Romo rolls to the right which is exactly where the rusher is being forced by Doug Free.............

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d825240c9/Romo-fumble-leads-to-Bucs-TD

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow! Even when it's on video you still can't admit the truth! If Romo simple steps up 1 step or even just stands still the rusher doesn't come close to touching him. Yet you and Coach are so protective of Romo you can't even admit what you watch on video over and over and over again. Watch the video until it gets to the slo-mo replay from the endzone. Romo rolls to the right which is exactly where the rusher is being forced by Doug Free.............

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d825240c9/Romo-fumble-leads-to-Bucs-TD

I never said the roll right was good or bad I simply said the backside rusher got him

GrTigers6
12-19-2011, 11:34 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d825240c9/Romo-fumble-leads-to-Bucs-TDWhat pocket is there to step into. It was all being pushed into his face. And you claim that they can see it but your making up stuff to prove your point.
Granted Romo should have done a better job of protecting the football but he did the best he couls to get away from a pocket that was closing in very fast

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I never said the roll right was good or bad I simply said the backside rusher got him

Geez! It's getting to be like a root canal trying to use logic with you guys! It wasn't a called rollout TXB! It was Romo running from phantom pressure and running right into the path that Doug Free was forcing his man. The pocket was perfectly protected on that play and Romo abandoned it. REPEAT AFTER ME: 100% Romo's fault on that play! Come on, you can do it. It won't hurt very long.....................

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 12:00 PM
What pocket is there to step into. It was all being pushed into his face. And you claim that they can see it but your making up stuff to prove your point.
Granted Romo should have done a better job of protecting the football but he did the best he couls to get away from a pocket that was closing in very fast

You can't deny what is right there on tape. Once Doug Free drives his man past Romo and he isn't in any danger of being touched. Romo bailed on the play when he really didn't need to. He also bailed the wrong direction which brought the left side rusher back into the play again. If Romo bails left nobody touches him for 10 yards or he is able to hit a wide open Miles Austin. Panic! Then bad decision to bail! Then wrong direction to bail! Then failure to secure the ball!
Watch the video until it goes to slo-mo and notice the comments by the commentators. Even they said Romo has to be more aware of the pocket and the pressure. Terrible play by Romo all the way around. The game turns out ok because its the Bucks but against a much tougher opponent we are arguing today about how Romo gave the game away with another one of his stupid plays....

Eagle 1
12-19-2011, 12:08 PM
EVEN Garrett said "we need to protect the ball better" in reference to Romo's fumble.
But I guess some people on here know more than him.

Eagle1 said same thing..what exactly about the interview was so bad? He answered every question and IMO gave good answers

Actually there was nothing bad about the interview, it just proves that a lot people "outside" of the Cowboys organization and FANS are beginning to wonder about Romo's ability to lead this team. Deon played for the Cowboys, so I'm sure he still has some loyalty to the team and want's to see the Cowboys succeed, therefore his harsh questions were in line IMO. He and Marshall Faulk asked the questions that us as fans want to know. By doing this, he put Tony in the "spotlight" so to speak. I'm sure Tony left there thinking he will never do and interview with these guys again. However, maybe it made him realize that he needs to except responsibility for the Cowboys loss this year which will in turn make him improve his game play by NOT making stupid mistakes. The jury is still out on that one.
One thing about Deon, he doesn't hold any punches. LOL..

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Geez! It's getting to be like a root canal trying to use logic with you guys! It wasn't a called rollout TXB! It was Romo running from phantom pressure and running right into the path that Doug Free was forcing his man. The pocket was perfectly protected on that play and Romo abandoned it. REPEAT AFTER ME: 100% Romo's fault on that play! Come on, you can do it. It won't hurt very long.....................

again I never said it was a designed roll out..They were talking about Romo needs to be aware of being safe in that spot( I agree) two hands on the ball when scrambling, they are saying NOTHING about him making a mistake leaving the pocket

GrTigers6
12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
You can't deny what is right there on tape. Once Doug Free drives his man past Romo and he isn't in any danger of being touched. Romo bailed on the play when he really didn't need to. He also bailed the wrong direction which brought the left side rusher back into the play again. If Romo bails left nobody touches him for 10 yards or he is able to hit a wide open Miles Austin. Panic! Then bad decision to bail! Then wrong direction to bail! Then failure to secure the ball!
Watch the video until it goes to slo-mo and notice the comments by the commentators. Even they said Romo has to be more aware of the pocket and the pressure. Terrible play by Romo all the way around. The game turns out ok because its the Bucks but against a much tougher opponent we are arguing today about how Romo gave the game away with another one of his stupid plays....First of all both sides were open he still should have gone left because there was no recievers to the right. However the commentators said nothing about the pocket. They said he should be aware of where he is on the field and secure the ball. Not excusing his play there but its not all his fault. Yes bad direction and yes should have secured ball but that is it. There was no pocket to step into. he had to go somewhere and if you cant see that than you really do have Romo blinders on

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 12:13 PM
EVEN Garrett said "we need to protect the ball better" in reference to Romo's fumble.
But I guess some people on here know more than him.

Actually there was nothing bad about the interview, it just proves that a lot people "outside" of the Cowboys organization and FANS are beginning to wonder about Romo's ability to lead this team. Deon played for the Cowboys, so I'm sure he still has some loyalty to the team and want's to see the Cowboys succeed, therefore his harsh questions were in line IMO. He and Marshall Faulk asked the questions that us as fans want to know. By doing this, he put Tony in the "spotlight" so to speak. I'm sure Tony left there thinking he will never do and interview with these guys again. However, maybe it made him realize that he needs to except responsibility for the Cowboys loss this year which will in turn make him improve his game play by NOT making stupid mistakes. The jury is still out on that one.
One thing about Deon, he doesn't hold any punches. LOL..

romo has taken responsibiliy for the losses this year..I thought it was a real good interview from both sides( outside in your butt lol)...I thought they asked god questions and I thought he had good answers

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Not everyone thought Sanders and Faulk did well

After Saturday night's monster performance, Romo sat there as the NFL Network talked to him in that condescending way about accountability and whether winning matters. He took it as he always does with his guarded responses and his smiles. He then played along as Deion Sanders promised to wear Romo's jersey despite being a Romo critic if the Cowboys get to the NFC title game. Surely, Romo will find inspiration to know that Deion would actually give him credit if he made it in January.
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/12/19/11/Romo-plays-well-while-pundits-babble-on/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=629518&feedID=3742

Eagle 1
12-19-2011, 12:23 PM
First of all both sides were open he still should have gone left because there was no recievers to the right. However the commentators said nothing about the pocket. They said he should be aware of where he is on the field and secure the ball. Not excusing his play there but its not all his fault. Yes bad direction and yes should have secured ball but that is it. There was no pocket to step into. he had to go somewhere and if you cant see that than you really do have Romo blinders on

Who fumbled the ball? Did the lineman fumble the ball?
YOUR KILLING ME PETEY!.......lol.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Who fumbled the ball? Did the lineman fumble the ball?
YOUR KILLING ME PETEY!.......lol.

Well by that path..who gave up the lead agianst Giants...who missed the FG in Zona..Romo did neither

Eagle 1
12-19-2011, 12:29 PM

After Saturday night's monster performance, Romo sat there as the NFL Network talked to him in that condescending way about accountability and whether winning matters. He took it as he always does with his guarded responses and his smiles. He then played along as Deion Sanders promised to wear Romo's jersey despite being a Romo critic if the Cowboys get to the NFC title game. Surely, Romo will find inspiration to know that Deion would actually give him credit if he made it in January.
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/12/19/11/Romo-plays-well-while-pundits-babble-on/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=629518&feedID=3742

From your link, this says it all:
This isn't to say that Romo is perfect. Obviously, there are real issues with a QB who has never advanced his team in the playoffs past the Round of 8.

Eagle 1
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Well by that path..who gave up the lead agianst Giants...who missed the FG in Zona..Romo did neither

We are discussing who fumbled the ball, NOT who missed the FG or the defense.
Apples and Oranges, both round, but that's about it.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 12:33 PM
From your link, this says it all:
This isn't to say that Romo is perfect. Obviously, there are real issues with a QB who has never advanced his team in the playoffs past the Round of 8.

And no one has denied that..the question has always been can he do it before his career is over..some say no way in hell others say yes it is possible

and actually he is wrong..He did advance them to the round of 4 in 09

Eagle 1
12-19-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm glad Deon and Marshall "got into Romo's but about accountability".
Sometimes this is just the motivation a player needs to prov the nay-sayers like me wrong.

Actually the Cowboys lost to the Minnesota Vikings in the divisional round of the playoffs, 34–3.
So unless my math is fuzzy, they didn't make it past the round of 8.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm glad Deon and Marshall "got into Romo's but about accountability".
Sometimes this is just the motivation a player needs to prov the nay-sayers like me wrong.

Actually the Cowboys lost to the Minnesota Vikings in the divisional round of the playoffs, 34–3.
So unless my math is fuzzy, they didn't make it past the round of 8.

ahh I was thinking final four of NFC

Macarthur
12-19-2011, 02:38 PM

This is an excellent article by Sturm. This is really all of us that like Romo want his critics to acknowledge. Does he have flaws, sure. But there have been quite a few guys that have won a SB and haven't been anywhere near the caliber football player as Tony Romo.

And I think you guys need to stop referencing Deion and Faulk. Those two guys are two of the biggest jackasses on any of these shows. Faulk is an unabashed Cowboy hater. If you deny that, you are insane. And Deion is a self-promoting fraud. Do not think Deion has any loyalty to the Cowboys organization; Deion has always been about Deion and he will always be about Deion.

FF, as for the fumble. I would agree that's a play that Tony is going to get the blame and he deserves blame. However, you can't look at the three other TDs he made and then discredit his whole game because of the one bad play. Notice Sturm's paragraph #8 that talks about his improvisational skills. Romo is going to bring some bad, but if you do away completely with the bad, you will miss out on some of his playmaking ability.

buff4ever
12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
This is an excellent article by Sturm. This is really all of us that like Romo want his critics to acknowledge. Does he have flaws, sure. But there have been quite a few guys that have won a SB and haven't been anywhere near the caliber football player as Tony Romo.

And I think you guys need to stop referencing Deion and Faulk. Those two guys are two of the biggest jackasses on any of these shows. Faulk is an unabashed Cowboy hater. If you deny that, you are insane. And Deion is a self-promoting fraud. Do not think Deion has any loyalty to the Cowboys organization; Deion has always been about Deion and he will always be about Deion.

FF, as for the fumble. I would agree that's a play that Tony is going to get the blame and he deserves blame. However, you can't look at the three other TDs he made and then discredit his whole game because of the one bad play. Notice Sturm's paragraph #8 that talks about his improvisational skills. Romo is going to bring some bad, but if you do away completely with the bad, you will miss out on some of his playmaking ability.

I personally don't have a problem with that play every once in a while. The annoying thing is when it happens in a huge game and opens the door that we were about to shut on a big opponent. I don't like to listen to sanders and faulk anymore than you do, but the fact is that the media in general feels the way sanders and faulk do when it comes to ROMO being the clutch guy that can take Dallas to the next level. Romo is a heck of a day to day qb, and we will be competitive with him healthy. The question everyone is waiting on romo to answer is can he win the big game. NY in NY will be the next test for that unless they lose this week and we take care of the eagles. Then it will be a few weeks later.

The guarded answers and personality don't show me the confidence that it takes to handle the pressure from the media much less the intense moments in big games. It takes a special kinda leader to handle the pressures that ROMO clams up in.

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 03:15 PM

Mac. Good points. but I didn't even bring up that play. Coach called me out in his usual childish way and then TXB seemed to think he was smart enough to inform me that wasn't even Romo's fault. There is NOTHING about that 1 play that wasn't Romo's fault. They can spin it however they want to spin it but that is a perfect example of the kinds of plays that Romo often causes that KILLS his team's momentum. Do you not wonder why the Cowboys managed only 3 points in the entire second half after dominating in the first? 50% because Garrett saw Romo's play on the very first possession and got the scared rabbit shakes and 50% because the Tampa team got a TON of momentum on that play. Their offensive intensity on their first possession showed a completely different attitude. Only a moron would see that Romo mistake to start the second half and not be thinking "Oh S***, Here we go again"! Jerry Jones did! Jason Garrett did! The entire Cowboys team did! You did! and I did! There were even people on here calling for the "meltdown" when they saw that play. so no matter how good or talented or perfect you might want us to think Romo is there is still enough of a history to make the entire world stop, slap their foreheads and say "*** Romo? Here we go again"!!!!

Macarthur
12-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Mac. Good points. but I didn't even bring up that play. Coach called me out in his usual childish way and then TXB seemed to think he was smart enough to inform me that wasn't even Romo's fault. There is NOTHING about that 1 play that wasn't Romo's fault. They can spin it however they want to spin it but that is a perfect example of the kinds of plays that Romo often causes that KILLS his team's momentum. Do you not wonder why the Cowboys managed only 3 points in the entire second half after dominating in the first? 50% because Garrett saw Romo's play on the very first possession and got the scared rabbit shakes and 50% because the Tampa team got a TON of momentum on that play. Their offensive intensity on their first possession showed a completely different attitude. Only a moron would see that Romo mistake to start the second half and not be thinking "Oh S***, Here we go again"! Jerry Jones did! Jason Garrett did! The entire Cowboys team did! You did! and I did! There were even people on here calling for the "meltdown" when they saw that play. so no matter how good or talented or perfect you might want us to think Romo is there is still enough of a history to make the entire world stop, slap their foreheads and say "*** Romo? Here we go again"!!!!

I think you are overstating it. I'm not saying it wasn't his mistake, but I think you are making it out to be something greater than it was. There was no meltdown; I think you could clearly see that Garrett's main focus was using as much clock as possible in the 2nd half.

BUT, let me say this, if that entire team did start to have the mental attitude of 'oh well, our QB made a mistake, we're toast', then the whole damn lot of em should be fired. That is a loser mentality. If you are a defender and your QB just put on a clinic in the first half and put you up by 28 points and you come out after a turnover and have a defeatest attitude, you are a chump!

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 03:22 PM
I personally don't have a problem with that play every once in a while. The annoying thing is when it happens in a huge game and opens the door that we were about to shut on a big opponent. I don't like to listen to sanders and faulk anymore than you do, but the fact is that the media in general feels the way sanders and faulk do when it comes to ROMO being the clutch guy that can take Dallas to the next level. Romo is a heck of a day to day qb, and we will be competitive with him healthy. The question everyone is waiting on romo to answer is can he win the big game. NY in NY will be the next test for that unless they lose this week and we take care of the eagles. Then it will be a few weeks later.

The guarded answers and personality don't show me the confidence that it takes to handle the pressure from the media much less the intense moments in big games. It takes a special kinda leader to handle the pressures that ROMO clams up in.

This is exactly the point i have tried to make a lot on here. It seems to me that far too often Romo makes his mistakes at times that could not be more detrimental to his team's well being. I don't know if a pick six can happen at any good time of the game but when it happens to Dallas it seems to turn the tide completely in the game. Like I expressed before, the Cowboys managed only 3 points in the second half against the Bucs. They did get a little more conservative but even a conservative game plan should score against that sorry team. A huge reason for that was the play of the Bucs after they got a little taste of success against the Cowboys. The defense got heaped on after they gave up those points late in the Detroit game and Jet's game but after Romo caused a 180degree reversal in momentum there was no stopping those other teams. Momentum and attitude is huge at this level.

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
I think you are overstating it. I'm not saying it wasn't his mistake, but I think you are making it out to be something greater than it was. There was no meltdown; I think you could clearly see that Garrett's main focus was using as much clock as possible in the 2nd half.

BUT, let me say this, if that entire team did start to have the mental attitude of 'oh well, our QB made a mistake, we're toast', then the whole damn lot of em should be fired. That is a loser mentality. If you are a defender and your QB just put on a clinic in the first half and put you up by 28 points and you come out after a turnover and have a defeatest attitude, you are a chump!

Either that or you have seen him do it WAY TOO MANY TIMES!!!!!! :eek:

Macarthur
12-19-2011, 03:26 PM
If the defense can't play with QB that has a 103.6 4th Quarter QB rating and a 9 to 2 TD to INT ration, then they are a bigger bunch of losers than I thought they were. And throw thier big mouth, all hat no cattle DC in there too.

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I think you are overstating it.

And it's overstated only because the Cowboys won! What are we talking about today if the Bucs had scored 15 more points in the second half and won that game? Ya'll would be blaming the defense and the smart people would be telling the truth!!!!! :cheerl:

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 03:27 PM
If the defense can't play with QB that has a 103.6 4th Quarter QB rating and a 9 to 2 TD to INT ration, then they are a bigger bunch of losers than I thought they were. And throw thier big mouth, all hat no cattle DC in there too.

Turnovers don't count against QB rating........................

Macarthur
12-19-2011, 03:27 PM
And it's overstated only because the Cowboys won! What are we talking about today if the Bucs had scored 15 more points in the second half and won that game? Ya'll would be blaming the defense and the smart people would be telling the truth!!!!! :cheerl:

Wow. Romo even gets the blame when they win by 16 and and there were points in the game when they didn't have momentum.

Macarthur
12-19-2011, 03:31 PM

HE's lost 2 fumbles all season.

BTW, Brady has 2, Eli 4, Rivers 5, Ryan 3 & Ben 5

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 03:32 PM

ints do..fumbles dont

and I never once said Romo was not at fault for the play..wth do you read sometimes?

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 03:39 PM

I personally like how he answers questions..he repeats the football mantra that Garrett is building

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
ints do..fumbles dont

and I never once said Romo was not at fault for the play..wth do you read sometimes?

Unless I'm mistaken interceptions only count as incompletions in the QB rating system.
And deflecting blame by putting it elsewhere is the same as saying it yourself. Your very first post indicates you are saying Romo wasn't at fault for the first part. but the facts are that Romo created the backside pressure that you mention with his movement to the right side. He steps up and allows Free to drive his man past but then runs right which is exactly in the path of Doug Free's man. Nothing about this play can be put on anyone's head except Romo. But I don't know why ya'll are still arguing the point even after it is shown on video for everyone to see. It doesn't matter except to prove that some of you guys will make excuses to even try to disprove video playback!! Is the video playback also a Cowboy's hater that only wants to disparage the poor and down trodden Tony Romo? Geez...............

Macarthur
12-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Unless I'm mistaken interceptions only count as incompletions in the QB rating system.

Yes, INTs do count.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 04:17 PM
And deflecting blame by putting it elsewhere is the same as saying it yourself. Your very first post indicates you are saying Romo wasn't at fault for the first part. but the facts are that Romo created the backside pressure that you mention with his movement to the right side. He steps up and allows Free to drive his man past but then runs right which is exactly in the path of Doug Free's man. Nothing about this play can be put on anyone's head except Romo. But I don't know why ya'll are still arguing the point even after it is shown on video for everyone to see. It doesn't matter except to prove that some of you guys will make excuses to even try to disprove video playback!! Is the video playback also a Cowboy's hater that only wants to disparage the poor and down trodden Tony Romo? Geez...............

Where did I deflect FF? all I said was Romo rolled away from the guy Free was blocking, I did not say Free did anything wrong

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Through 13 games Tony was #4 in the NFL in ESPN's Total QB rating system. Can't be all bad..............

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7307382/nfl-week-13-total-qbr-season-leaders

Farmersfan
12-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Where did I deflect FF? all I said was Romo rolled away from the guy Free was blocking, I did not say Free did anything wrong

Repeat after me TXB! "I will not argue with FF again. He provides evidence and video proof to support his points and I can only supply spin"!!!! You will hate yourself now but love yourself later, I promise........................... Twelve step program is available to you. But you must be the one to take that first step. I know you can do it! :)

Macarthur
12-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Through 13 games Tony was #4 in the NFL in ESPN's Total QB rating system. Can't be all bad..............

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7307382/nfl-week-13-total-qbr-season-leaders

I think if everyone would step back and look at the big picture, he's had a really really good year. He's had two bad meltdowns that directly led to losses (although I still say that if the blocked punt doesn't happen against the Jets, the Cowboys aren't throwing the ball, therefore no INT to Reavis, but....)

There's a couple of other factors that I think everyone needs to realize. The skill position injuries have not allowed the Cowboys to have their full compliment of weapons for much of the season. Plus, the Cowboys interior OL is probably one of the worst 4 or 5 in the league.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Repeat after me TXB! "I will not argue with FF again. He provides evidence and video proof to support his points and I can only supply spin"!!!! You will hate yourself now but love yourself later, I promise........................... Twelve step program is available to you. But you must be the one to take that first step. I know you can do it! :)

problem is your video does not support what ya saying but oh well

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I think if everyone would step back and look at the big picture, he's had a really really good year. He's had two bad meltdowns that directly led to losses (although I still say that if the blocked punt doesn't happen against the Jets, the Cowboys aren't throwing the ball, therefore no INT to Reavis, but....)

There's a couple of other factors that I think everyone needs to realize. The skill position injuries have not allowed the Cowboys to have their full compliment of weapons for much of the season. Plus, the Cowboys interior OL is probably one of the worst 4 or 5 in the league.

I think this is Romo's best year

Eagle 1
12-19-2011, 07:36 PM
BTW, Brady has 2, Eli 4, Rivers 5, Ryan 3 & Ben 5

At first I thought you were talking about SB rings, but then I remembered Rivers don't have one.
None the less, IF Romo ever wins a SB ring or even a NFC championship, then that might be a fair comparison with rest. :wave:

Farmersfan
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM

Cowboys O-line rankings in NFL this season:

Average yards per rush: #8
Power rating left: #28
Power rating middle: #6
Power rating right: #20
Sacks: #13
QB hits: #15
Rushing yards: #11
Passing yards: #6
Points per game: #6
Experience: #9 (9th youngest)

I know it won't matter because even when the O-line performs pretty well a lot of you guys still blame them. But this O-line is FAR, FAR, FAR from being one of the worst 4 or 5 in the league.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2011, 09:57 AM

I know it won't matter because even when the O-line performs pretty well a lot of you guys still blame them. But this O-line is FAR, FAR, FAR from being one of the worst 4 or 5 in the league.

the line has been sporadic..played well at times( 2 games no sacks)..and struggled at other times( 5 sack game..3 times 4 sacks)..I think we will see Free be flipped to RT next year

Farmersfan
12-20-2011, 10:23 AM
the line has been sporadic..played well at times( 2 games no sacks)..and struggled at other times( 5 sack game..3 times 4 sacks)..I think we will see Free be flipped to RT next year

The whole team has been sporadic! And at least half of those sacks were equally on the QB's head! A young, inexperienced O-line equals a need to get rid of the ball quickly and not take sacks! Apparently Romo didn't get that memo in several of those games because many of those sacks were 4 or 5 seconds after the snap and 12 yard loses.........
Early on Felix Jones was not hitting the holes quickly and they closed down fast. It wasn't until Murray took over and started blowing through the holes that the running game suddenly started working some and the o-line started looking better. The offensive line is not a powerhouse line and has a lot of inexperience but they have performed better overall than most expected. And the QB and Coaches have to understand the O-line's limitations and make adjustments and get it done anyway. I also agree that they will have to make a switch for Doug Free. But at this point I don't know if Doug Free will even be worth a crap on the right side. Free and Holland together makes the left side of the line very, very weak. And Holland is a beast!!!!!! Will he improve enough to become a permanent fixture on that left side?

Farmersfan
12-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Also TXB. Understand that those O-line rankings are because of the huge comeback in the second half of the season. This was one of the worst ranked rushing O-lines in the league through the first 4 or 5 games. And they are without a doubt the Highest ranked rushing O-line for the second half of the season. D. Murray was the #1 RB in the NFL in yardage for the games he played until he got hurt. If last week is an indication Felix Jones hasn't missed a beat and has picked up where Murray left off. Now they just need to limit mistakes on offense and have the defense step up and I think they make the playoffs.

On another note: I heard that A. Samuel had a ham string injury in Sundays game and is questionable for Saturday's game against the Cowboys. If that's true then Romo might have another great game if they can keep that Eagles pass rush in check. I hope they are practicing their slants and screen plays this week.....................

Macarthur
12-20-2011, 11:00 AM

Free and Smith are good OTs. That's not the issue. Braoddus has said on more than one occasion that one of the highest priorities next offseason is getting a upgrade at C. Kosier has battled plantar faciatis all season. Holland lost some weight and has been better this year, but that's not saying much given what he was last year. The run game has been good at times and poor at times. Murray certainly helped with that. Romo's ellusivness has helped avoid higher sack numbers. There's really no way you can objectively look at our C and two guards and think they are anywhere close to the top half of the league. Broaddus has mentioned it numerous times and Sturm is regular tweeter about how poor Costa has been.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2011, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1652758]The whole team has been sporadic! And at least half of those sacks were equally on the QB's head! A young, inexperienced O-line equals a need to get rid of the ball quickly and not take sacks! Apparently Romo didn't get that memo in several of those games because many of those sacks were 4 or 5 seconds after the snap and 12 yard loses.........
/QUOTE]

And if he had gotten rid of tthee ball quickly and ints happened you would be on here saying he nees to protect the ball.
A QB just can throw it away, has to be worried about grounding, and you dont want him throwing to a WR not looking for ball and still in route.

I will take 10 more sacks on the year than 5 more ints all day

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Free and Smith are good OTs. That's not the issue. Braoddus has said on more than one occasion that one of the highest priorities next offseason is getting a upgrade at C. Kosier has battled plantar faciatis all season. Holland lost some weight and has been better this year, but that's not saying much given what he was last year. The run game has been good at times and poor at times. Murray certainly helped with that. Romo's ellusivness has helped avoid higher sack numbers. There's really no way you can objectively look at our C and two guards and think they are anywhere close to the top half of the league. Broaddus has mentioned it numerous times and Sturm is regular tweeter about how poor Costa has been.

I think the new C has played well when in. I think Free and Smith flip next year

Macarthur
12-20-2011, 11:44 AM
I think the new C has played well when in. I think Free and Smith flip next year

Are you talking about Costa or Kowalski? I've thought Kowalski has looked a little better when he's in there. TXB, Costa is bad. He's getting shoved into the backfield a handful of times every game. Several of the delay panalties have been on him. You can see Romo screaming at the C trying to get him to snap the ball. Wasn't it TB or the previous game where everyone begins the play and Costa is still in his stance. When he does get the snap right, many times it floats back there and disrupts Romo's timing. He's not good.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Are you talking about Costa or Kowalski? I've thought Kowalski has looked a little better when he's in there. TXB, Costa is bad. He's getting shoved into the backfield a handful of times every game. Several of the delay panalties have been on him. You can see Romo screaming at the C trying to get him to snap the ball. Wasn't it TB or the previous game where everyone begins the play and Costa is still in his stance. When he does get the snap right, many times it floats back there and disrupts Romo's timing. He's not good.

Kowlask...he played first back agianst SF and everyone raved about him and he ayed well late in season

I loved hearing Romo in one game simply scream snap it Phil LOL

Macarthur
12-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Kowlask...he played first back agianst SF and everyone raved about him and he ayed well late in season

I loved hearing Romo in one game simply scream snap it Phil LOL

Yeah, I've thought Kowalski looked better too. Not sure what's up with that. He looks a little bigger too.

Here's an interesting read based on what FF has been talking about.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4688507/sacks-up-but-picks-down-for-tony-romo

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I've thought Kowalski looked better too. Not sure what's up with that. He looks a little bigger too.

Here's an interesting read based on what FF has been talking about.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4688507/sacks-up-but-picks-down-for-tony-romo

the average loss on the sacks for Dallas is 6.3...that is the pocket..I would rather take the 6 yard loss and live to fight another play

the last Detroit int was perfect example of him throwing off back foot to avoid a sack

Farmersfan
12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I guess I just have never really caught on to the game of football! :eek:

I never knew we had to make a decision between sacks and interceptions. All this time I thought we should expect neither..........................

Macarthur
12-20-2011, 06:05 PM

I never knew we had to make a decision between sacks and interceptions. All this time I thought we should expect neither..........................

The issue is how much the QB can control. The issue that we're talking about here is that when a play breaks down, most times due to pressure, the QB can either throw the ball away, take a sack or throw it to the other team. I think we would all agree that the worst option is to throw it to the other team. All we're saying is that, in general, it's better for the QB to eat the ball and take a sack rather than force the ball when things break down and throw an INT. The best scenario is to throw the ball away, but that's not always possible, especially given that the rules have limited a QBs ability to 'throw the ball away' while in the pocket.

GrTigers6
12-21-2011, 07:54 AM

I never knew we had to make a decision between sacks and interceptions. All this time I thought we should expect neither..........................If you cant expect the defense to stop a team every series then you cant expect a game without sacks:D

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 08:55 AM
The issue is how much the QB can control. The issue that we're talking about here is that when a play breaks down, most times due to pressure, the QB can either throw the ball away, take a sack or throw it to the other team. I think we would all agree that the worst option is to throw it to the other team. All we're saying is that, in general, it's better for the QB to eat the ball and take a sack rather than force the ball when things break down and throw an INT. The best scenario is to throw the ball away, but that's not always possible, especially given that the rules have limited a QBs ability to 'throw the ball away' while in the pocket.

Judging from your response I assume my point was well taken. Every single time I mention some of the sacks that Romo takes because he tries to extend plays and far too often bails on the pocket when he really isn't in danger of being sacked I get the same response from you guys and that is that it's better than the alternative of throwing interceptions. My point was that there is another option available and THAT option is what we should expect from our QB. You can have a "lesser of two evils" approach to your Professional Football team if you want but I don't. I also understand that a sack is always better than just throwing the ball up for grabs but it is never better than safely throwing the ball away or even better completing a pass.......................

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 09:00 AM
If you cant expect the defense to stop a team every series then you cant expect a game without sacks:D

I never said we should never have sacks. I also never said we should never have sacks because Tony Romo ran out of the pocket after holding the ball for 4 seconds instead of getting rid of the ball. What I said was that IF Tony Romo gets sacked after holding on to the ball for 4 seconds then it is as much his fault as it is the O-line's fault. It is you guys who think it's "OK" for Tony Romo to take a 12 yard sack because the only other option available to him is to throw interceptions! :crazy:

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 09:15 AM
the average loss on the sacks for Dallas is 6.3...that is the pocket..I would rather take the 6 yard loss and live to fight another play

the last Detroit int was perfect example of him throwing off back foot to avoid a sack

Wrong! it was a perfect example of what is the problem with Tony Romo! He had a wide open receiver and enough time to get that ball away and instead he bailed on the play and basically sacrificed any hopes of completing that ball. Watch the video (3:19) and you will see that the pressure didn't get to Romo and he had plenty of time to throw that ball. Romo wussed that throw and that cannot be denied. A NFL QB MUST complete that throw! Period!

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Wrong! it was a perfect example of what is the problem with Tony Romo! He had a wide open receiver and enough time to get that ball away and instead he bailed on the play and basically sacrificed any hopes of completing that ball. Watch the video (3:19) and you will see that the pressure didn't get to Romo and he had plenty of time to throw that ball. Romo wussed that throw and that cannot be denied. A NFL QB MUST complete that throw! Period!

guess we are not talking about same int..one I am talking about evven Aikman says after the play about pressure in the face of Romo

Macarthur
12-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Judging from your response I assume my point was well taken. Every single time I mention some of the sacks that Romo takes because he tries to extend plays and far too often bails on the pocket when he really isn't in danger of being sacked I get the same response from you guys and that is that it's better than the alternative of throwing interceptions. My point was that there is another option available and THAT option is what we should expect from our QB. You can have a "lesser of two evils" approach to your Professional Football team if you want but I don't. I also understand that a sack is always better than just throwing the ball up for grabs but it is never better than safely throwing the ball away or even better completing a pass.......................

Well, he completes almost 70% of his passes so I think he's doing just fine at your last point of going ahead and completing the pass.

As for throwing it away, sure that would be better than taking a sack, but unless we just go play by play, we're just talking past each other.

I just simply disagree with you. You see Romo as bailing on the pocket way too early. I see it, and frankly I think virtually everyone else does because is widely regarded as very good at extending plays, as a guy that makes his OL better because he's very good at moving around. On every one of the 3 TD passes in the first half, he moved around and bought time to allow the WRs to find an open space. He is widely regarded as one of the best QBs in the league at doing this. You, on the other hand, see that as his problem. Does that sometimes lead to plays like the fumble, yes.

But let me ask this simple question, would you have given up the 3 TDs that were clearly made because Romo avoided pressure and extended the play to avoid the one fumble that resulted in a TD for TB? Now, keep in mind that your answer assumes that everytime this happens it results in a turnover, which is not true. AND it assumes that QBs that stick with the pocket till the very end NEVER get the ball knocked lose by pressure.

coach
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
ff thinks romo should be perfect. he should be flawless. he is beginning to nitpick like my wife...very annoying

Macarthur
12-21-2011, 11:46 AM
ff thinks romo should be perfect. he should be flawless. he is beginning to nitpick like my wife...very annoying

I think it goes to my point that I have been saying for several years. Romo is graded on a different curve than virtually every QB in the league.

BEAST
12-21-2011, 12:45 PM
I think it goes to my point that I have been saying for several years. Romo is graded on a different curve than virtually every QB in the league.

I agree. When looking at stats, he is one of the best there is. However, God help him if he makes 1 bad play.

BEAST

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Well, he completes almost 70% of his passes so I think he's doing just fine at your last point of going ahead and completing the pass.

As for throwing it away, sure that would be better than taking a sack, but unless we just go play by play, we're just talking past each other.

I just simply disagree with you. You see Romo as bailing on the pocket way too early. I see it, and frankly I think virtually everyone else does because is widely regarded as very good at extending plays, as a guy that makes his OL better because he's very good at moving around. On every one of the 3 TD passes in the first half, he moved around and bought time to allow the WRs to find an open space. He is widely regarded as one of the best QBs in the league at doing this. You, on the other hand, see that as his problem. Does that sometimes lead to plays like the fumble, yes.

But let me ask this simple question, would you have given up the 3 TDs that were clearly made because Romo avoided pressure and extended the play to avoid the one fumble that resulted in a TD for TB? Now, keep in mind that your answer assumes that everytime this happens it results in a turnover, which is not true. AND it assumes that QBs that stick with the pocket till the very end NEVER get the ball knocked lose by pressure.

And all this because I simply said that Romo is just as much to blame for a sack as the o-line is if he holds the ball too long......................

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 03:06 PM
I agree. When looking at stats, he is one of the best there is. However, God help him if he makes 1 bad play.

BEAST

Come on now Beast. Be fair. I never said Romo had to be perfect. All I have ever said is he needs to be held accountable for all the bad plays regardless of how many good plays he makes. Far too many excuses are made for those bad plays. Even on this thread today we are debating the merits of Tony Romo for no other reason than because I said Romo had to be held responsible for not getting rid of the ball and taking a sack. I know he can't always prevent the sack and a sack is way more preferable to throwing the interception but that still doesn't mean taking a sack isn't a bad play. Sometimes a "bad" play is preferrable to a even worst play but it's still a bad play......

BEAST
12-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Come on now Beast. Be fair. I never said Romo had to be perfect. All I have ever said is he needs to be held accountable for all the bad plays regardless of how many good plays he makes. Far too many excuses are made for those bad plays. Even on this thread today we are debating the merits of Tony Romo for no other reason than because I said Romo had to be held responsible for not getting rid of the ball and taking a sack. I know he can't always prevent the sack and a sack is way more preferable to throwing the interception but that still doesn't mean taking a sack isn't a bad play. Sometimes a "bad" play is preferrable to a even worst play but it's still a bad play......

I never called you or your opinion out. Conscience bothering you?

BEAST

buff4ever
12-21-2011, 03:50 PM

I don't think that the people that criticize Romo on this board grade him on a different curve than other qbs. We talk about romo more than other qbs because we are cowboy fans. The way that you guys try and twist things and use FF's statements against him, then I think it is fair to say that we would grade him behind 10 of the other qbs in the league. I would use 12 per you guys own statement in another thread of him being a 10 - 12 guy, but 10 makes the point here. If you wanted to strictly grade by passing percentage and yards, then yes, romo ranks higher, but if you consider the bad plays, the turnovers, the poorly thrown balls, and the number of big games he has blown almost by himself, in some cases by himself and the lack of dependable leadership of his team; then romo is exactly what we have graded him a 10 - 12 qb. I truly believe that if he could minimize his bad, he may would be able to lead the team better, then he would score I would say in the top 6 qbs in the league. With the right tools around him at #6 he would be a super bowl winner at some point. But if you guys think that dallas can win a super bowl with his current leadership and negative moments no matter who is around him, you are living a dream. An optimistic one, but a dream.

I will be the first to say, when romo has proven to us in more than one cirmcumstance that he can lead and avoid disaster at the worst times thinkable, that we have a top rated qb, cheesy grin and maneurisms or not.

THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET, and you guys will not change our mind about ROMO UNTIL IT DOES. Truly don't know why you guys keep insisting he is a great qb, you don't have the RIGHT stats to back that up.

Macarthur
12-21-2011, 03:51 PM

And again, here in lies the issue. I have no issue holding Romo accountable for his mistakes. What you seem far too willing to do is blame Romo for damn near everything negative that happens, not only to the offense, but the entire team.

Macarthur
12-21-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't think that the people that criticize Romo on this board grade him on a different curve than other qbs. We talk about romo more than other qbs because we are cowboy fans. The way that you guys try and twist things and use FF's statements against him, then I think it is fair to say that we would grade him behind 10 of the other qbs in the league. I would use 12 per you guys own statement in another thread of him being a 10 - 12 guy, but 10 makes the point here. If you wanted to strictly grade by passing percentage and yards, then yes, romo ranks higher, but if you consider the bad plays, the turnovers, the poorly thrown balls, and the number of big games he has blown almost by himself, in some cases by himself and the lack of dependable leadership of his team; then romo is exactly what we have graded him a 10 - 12 qb. I truly believe that if could minimize his bad, he may would be able to lead the team better, then he would score I would say in the top 6 qbs in the league. With the right tools around him at #6 he would be a super bowl winner at some point. But if you guys think that dallas can win a super bowl with his current leadership and negative moments no matter who is around him, you are living a dream. An optimistic one, but a dream.

I will be the first to say, when romo has proven to us in more than one cirmcumstance that he can lead and avoid disaster at the worst times thinkable, that we have a top rated qb, cheesy grin and maneurisms or not.

THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET, and you guys will not change our mind about ROMO UNTIL IT DOES. Truly don't know why you guys keep insisting he is a great qb, you don't have the RIGHT stats to back that up.

I didin't say 10 or 12. I said have consistently said he is a 7-12 guy. After the Lions & Jets, I think the lowest you could put him is in the 12-13 range. Frankly, since the Lions game, he's been easily a top 7 QB. I think you could make the arguement he's been playing in the 4-6 range. Right now, I would say he's several spots above 10.

buff4ever
12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
The question that must be answered is the big game play. Does he do as well in the big games, does he create a situation for Dallas that turns the momentum drastically or puts us in a whole or gives up a lead at his own fault? Does he lead the team through the tough times as a true good leader does, or does he sit back and wait for someone else to? If NY wins against the Jets, he will have his next opportunity to show if he is improving in the difficult games or not. He doesn't get to jump from 10 - 12 until he proves he can avoid the negatives he has experienced in the past in the big games. Get us to a championship game on some tough moments, and then players will even believe he can lead them to the promise land. No one is stepping up for him in his place, and he is the qb, so by default it is his job to take the leadership role. I really think that is the majority of the problem when we have blown the games in the 4th qtr, is that we don't have proper leadership amongst the players between the players.

Like him or not, did you guys see the espn piece on tebow during the bears game. As cheesy as he is (more so maybe than romo) his teammates and the bear players seem to respect him on the field. He manages to lead that team with less than impressive stats. We have a qb that can't lead with better stats. I like tebow as a leader, not necessarily as a qb. He showed me that you can be cheesy and still lead. However he is leading with cheese as a winner, if things turn it will be interesting to see if they still follow him after a few more losses.

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
I never called you or your opinion out. Conscience bothering you?
BEAST

Dang it! Foiled again....................

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 04:47 PM
And again, here in lies the issue. I have no issue holding Romo accountable for his mistakes. What you seem far too willing to do is blame Romo for damn near everything negative that happens, not only to the offense, but the entire team.

But what are we talking about today, yesterday, last friday, last month and last year???? Romo mistakes! I don't blame Romo for things other people do. Show me a single post where I ever did. But on the other hand you do EXCUSE Romo for things ROMO does by blaming other people. You guys use logic like "it's better than a interception" or "So who you gonna get that's better"! These are all very valid statements but they don't excuse Romo from the blame. Just because Romo scored 3 touchdowns with great escape moves does not mean we have to disregard his complete and utter failure on the sack that handed the Bucs 7 points. It wouldn't be so even if every game went this way but the facts are that usually when Romo makes the boneheaded fumble to the other team to allow a defensive touchdown it puts the entire team behind the 8 ball and in a points struggle. And realistically even with a 133 QB rating and 3 great escapes for TDs if the Cowboys ended up losing that game by less than 7 points it could not be anyone else's fault more than Romo's. Great plays don't erase bad plays because great plays are what a professional football player is paid millions of dollars to do.... And never more so than at the QB position!

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I didin't say 10 or 12. I said have consistently said he is a 7-12 guy. After the Lions & Jets, I think the lowest you could put him is in the 12-13 range. Frankly, since the Lions game, he's been easily a top 7 QB. I think you could make the arguement he's been playing in the 4-6 range. Right now, I would say he's several spots above 10.

I will agree with this! Romo has been playing at a very high level lately. Probably the best of his career. But history has proven it won't continue though. Dallas absolutely must have the next two games so doesn't that set up for a typical Romo meltdown? I hope i'm soooooo wrong but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a 3 interception game and another 60 QB rating for Romo against the Eagles. Of course next week we have a entirely new batch of excuses from you guys...........

GrTigers6
12-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Problem is FF and Buff y'all want to talk about Romo's mistakes and say he isn't a leader or can't be a leader or can't guide this team or whatever. However if the defense gives up a big play you excuse it saying that they held them under their average. So that is no different.

Farmersfan
12-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Problem is FF and Buff y'all want to talk about Romo's mistakes and say he isn't a leader or can't be a leader or can't guide this team or whatever. However if the defense gives up a big play you excuse it saying that they held them under their average. So that is no different.

I guess your question just explained a lot about how you get your opinion GrTigers6. Apparently you don't see the difference in a collection of players getting beat by another collection of players in the execution of the game plan and a single players doing something outside of the game plan to cost his team the game. If you don't understand this then nothing I can say will matter much.........
The two scenerios you mentioned are so far apart I really can't see how you made the connection. If you wanted to compare a QB fumble to the other team that gives up 7 points to something the defense does you would probably have to say that a defender intercepts the ball and runs it into the WRONG endzone and gets tackled for a safety and the team loses by 2 points... Think about it for a minute!

Txbroadcaster
12-22-2011, 10:22 AM
I guess your question just explained a lot about how you get your opinion GrTigers6. Apparently you don't see the difference in a collection of players getting beat by another collection of players in the execution of the game plan and a single players doing something outside of the game plan to cost his team the game. If you don't understand this then nothing I can say will matter much.........
The two scenerios you mentioned are so far apart I really can't see how you made the connection. If you wanted to compare a QB fumble to the other team that gives up 7 points to something the defense does you would probably have to say that a defender intercepts the ball and runs it into the WRONG endzone and gets tackled for a safety and the team loses by 2 points... Think about it for a minute!\

I am sorry but this makes no sense

GrTigers6
12-22-2011, 10:39 AM
The two scenerios you mentioned are so far apart I really can't see how you made the connection. If you wanted to compare a QB fumble to the other team that gives up 7 points to something the defense does you would probably have to say that a defender intercepts the ball and runs it into the WRONG endzone and gets tackled for a safety and the team loses by 2 points... Think about it for a minute!Im talking about a cb or saftey blowing a coverage and giving up a big play to lose the game. Romo has not made one mistake that alone lost any game. It takes a team to win or lose. That is what drives me crazy, This is a team sport and no player wether great or bad can win or lose it by themselves.

Farmersfan
12-22-2011, 11:31 AM
\

I am sorry but this makes no sense

Of course not TXB! Because if it made sense to you it would punch holes in your Romo bucket of Love. Remember that I have always said there is a big difference in "Getting Beat" and "Giving it away"!

Txbroadcaster
12-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Of course not TXB! Because if it made sense to you it would punch holes in your Romo bucket of Love. Remember that I have always said there is a big difference in "Getting Beat" and "Giving it away"!

whatever dude...for u every loss is Romo, even in wins you try to find fault

Farmersfan
12-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Im talking about a cb or saftey blowing a coverage and giving up a big play to lose the game. Romo has not made one mistake that alone lost any game. It takes a team to win or lose. That is what drives me crazy, This is a team sport and no player wether great or bad can win or lose it by themselves.

Well aren't we all just cheeky today? Should we roast marshmallows and hold hands while singing kumbaya......................

Seriously, This is a great philosophical answer but it isn't even close to accurate. (or reality) A single player can make or break a team's effort to win a game. I guess the difference between to you and I is how much importance you place on a single bad play. There is ZERO rationale that supports that T. Newman's dropped pick 6 against the Giants was not the difference in that game. But it wasn't any bigger or smaller than Romo's missed pass to Miles Austin that would have also scored. both those single mistakes can equally be called the reason the Cowboy's lost the game. Of course there are numerous more but they aren't any more or less valid and yes a CB getting caught out of position and getting beat for a huge play is just as bad. But for the millionth time, the biggest difference is EVERYONE blames Newman and the CB that got beat while many of you refuse to blame Romo! That's what these ongoing debates are all about. So if you truely believe what you just posted then you can NEVER blame the defense for a loss again because you just said it's a "TEAM" game.

GrTigers6
12-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Well aren't we all just cheeky today? Should we roast marshmallows and hold hands while singing kumbaya......................

Seriously, This is a great philosophical answer but it isn't even close to accurate. (or reality) A single player can make or break a team's effort to win a game. I guess the difference between to you and I is how much importance you place on a single bad play. There is ZERO rationale that supports that T. Newman's dropped pick 6 against the Giants was not the difference in that game. But it wasn't any bigger or smaller than Romo's missed pass to Miles Austin that would have also scored. both those single mistakes can equally be called the reason the Cowboy's lost the game. Of course there are numerous more but they aren't any more or less valid and yes a CB getting caught out of position and getting beat for a huge play is just as bad. But for the millionth time, the biggest difference is EVERYONE blames Newman and the CB that got beat while many of you refuse to blame Romo! That's what these ongoing debates are all about. So if you truely believe what you just posted then you can NEVER blame the defense for a loss again because you just said it's a "TEAM" game.I have never said the defense and defense alone lost the game. And like I said before I play out of 180 can not be the deciding factor of a game. Other plays like offense scoring more or defense hold them to less or special teams not muffing the ball or giving up a return. It all factors in but yall want to make one play be the deciding factor when in "REALITY" its not. A bad pass, a fumbled scramble, has a bearing on the game but in no way is the deciding factor.

Farmersfan
12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
I have never said the defense and defense alone lost the game. And like I said before I play out of 180 can not be the deciding factor of a game. Other plays like offense scoring more or defense hold them to less or special teams not muffing the ball or giving up a return. It all factors in but yall want to make one play be the deciding factor when in "REALITY" its not. A bad pass, a fumbled scramble, has a bearing on the game but in no way is the deciding factor.

You are talking about "Plays" and I'm talking about "Mistakes"! And yes mistakes can be and often are the deciding factor in football games.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. I will be headed home in a few and start my 4 day weekend. Is it wrong to want to go fishing 2 days out of a 4 day weekend. (even if it's during the Christmas Holiday?)

GrTigers6
12-22-2011, 05:21 PM
You are talking about "Plays" and I'm talking about "Mistakes"! And yes mistakes can be and often are the deciding factor in football games.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. I will be headed home in a few and start my 4 day weekend. Is it wrong to want to go fishing 2 days out of a 4 day weekend. (even if it's during the Christmas Holiday?)" Mistakes" happen on plays, so whats your point?

Eagle 1
12-22-2011, 10:13 PM
It all factors in but yall want to make one play be the deciding factor when in "REALITY" its not. A bad pass, a fumbled scramble, has a bearing on the game but in no way is the deciding factor.

:crazy:

regaleagle
12-23-2011, 01:05 AM
The Great Debate: The philosophy of difference of opinion.

regaleagle
12-23-2011, 01:09 AM
To be continued following the Eagles game. Please stay tuned. :stirpot: