12-17-2011, 07:01 PM
I say that and SLC pulls within 2

marler1972
12-17-2011, 07:32 PM
I say that and SLC pulls within 2

I hope SLC loses.......

hollywood
12-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Did #13 for SLC just give the "slash throat" signal after the last TD?

Twirling Time
12-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Celina has company.

Southlake wins state title No. 8, 36-29.

Pendragon13
12-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Did #13 for SLC just give the "slash throat" signal after the last TD?I didn't see that, but #35 certainly did the "discount double check" after a sack.:clap:

WildTexan972
12-17-2011, 08:56 PM
now we see if the SLC folks are as "humble" as the Bobcat fans about 8.....

LT destroyed the 4 in a row and consecutive playoff wins records this year so no need to be "humble" about that.....

movethechain
12-17-2011, 10:22 PM
After watching this game, I conclude the refs called off the unsportsmanlike calls for celebration and taunting. Just when we were getting some good controversy started, they have to start looking the other way again. Both side were doing it and nothing was called like we were anticipating. Not a good precedent for the future. Wide audience of young athletes watching and you let the players on the field get away with all the antics they can dream up. Refs blew it on this one. I understand letting the kids play, but after the calls earlier in the playoffs, this should have been a showcase of this rule enforcement. Fail.

Emerson1
12-17-2011, 10:32 PM
After watching this game, I conclude the refs called off the unsportsmanlike calls for celebration and taunting. Just when we were getting some good controversy started, they have to start looking the other way again. Both side were doing it and nothing was called like we were anticipating. Not a good precedent for the future. Wide audience of young athletes watching and you let the players on the field get away with all the antics they can dream up. Refs blew it on this one. I understand letting the kids play, but after the calls earlier in the playoffs, this should have been a showcase of this rule enforcement. Fail.

What?

Ernest T Bass
12-17-2011, 10:34 PM

:twitch: :ack!:

roughneck_2008
12-18-2011, 02:12 AM
so does anyone know why all the white kids (and a few of the non-white) from SLC had dyed their hair bleach blond?

turbostud
12-18-2011, 05:13 AM
so does anyone know why all the white kids (and a few of the non-white) from SLC had dyed their hair bleach blond?

SLC does this every year for the playoffs.

Emerson1
12-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Is it racist that I hate the fact that some of the non-whites don't dye their hair?

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2011, 11:28 AM

They were one of the first to do it. They did it back during their first 5a state championship run and have been doing it ever since. Now, even our kids do it, and we don't have a white kid anywhere in the program.

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Is it racist that I hate the fact that some of the non-whites don't dye their hair?

Just not very team oriented.

defense51
12-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Congrats SLC!

maroonpirate04
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Way to go Dragons!! one of my other favorites in Texas been rooting for the Dragons since they made a name for themselves in Class 3A

alpha42
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Smh!

is it racist that i hate the fact that some of the non-whites don't dye their hair?

lbjacj
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Smh!

I guess in just and old fart but what does "Smh" stand for?

alpha42
12-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I guess in just and old fart but what does "Smh" stand for?

Shaking my head, lbjac

Emerson1
12-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Smh!
It was a simple question.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2011, 07:34 PM

I didn't notice, but this could be a dress code issue. A few years ago, we had players who wanted to do this. Problem was, the dress code said that hair couldn't be colored an unnatural color. For non-white players, blonde is an unnatural color, so they weren't allowed to do it. So instead, they all shaved their heads. I liked that one better, anyway.

alpha42
12-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I didn't notice, but this could be a dress code issue. A few years ago, we had players who wanted to do this. Problem was, the dress code said that hair couldn't be colored an unnatural color. For non-white players, blonde is an unnatural color, so they weren't allowed to do it. So instead, they all shaved their heads. I liked that one better, anyway.

You could be right. I remember when SLC won with the Riley Dodge team, Tre Newton did not have the blonde do ,either. My son is a senior and the school dress code has become very strict!

sinfan75
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
How they manage to win games against bigger, faster, more talented teams just blows my mind.

Emerson1
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
You could be right. I remember when SLC won with the Riley Dodge team, Tre Newton did not have the blonde do ,either. My son is a senior and the school dress code has become very strict!
In Forney? They wish they were half of the school district that Southlake was. I think CISD actually allows facial hair and hair to go past the ears.

Emerson1
12-18-2011, 09:06 PM
How they manage to win games against bigger, faster, more talented teams just blows my mind.
If speed by itself won games then you would see every DISD school making a run.

SLC is usually just as big and just as far, but far more talented. They eat and breath football.

alpha42
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
In Forney? They wish they were half of the school district that Southlake was. I think CISD actually allows facial hair and hair to go past the ears.

Ok, i was just responding to some insight that Ernest T brought up, not sure how the school comparisons came into it.

Emerson1
12-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Ok, i was just responding to some insight that Ernest T brought up, not sure how the school comparisons came into it.
They started when other schools were brought up...

Just cause Forney focuses on whether or not a yearbook picture has hair that is in dress code doesn't mean SLC does.

turbostud
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM
one thing I noticed in the game was by the end of the 3rd Qu. and the entire 4th Qu. the Hightower speed was gone. Hightower ran circles around all those big white boys but then ran out of gas. Thats when the Carroll defense began to really make contact with the Hightower offensive weapons. Hightowers only hope to win was to put up alot of points early and then hang on, but they let SLC hang around. Speed is good,if it is conditioned properly.
It's like running the 400m in track. the guy who starts out sprinting full speed is going to die and get caught in the end by the guy who breaks the race down in sections.

alpha42
12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
They started when other schools were brought up...

Just cause Forney focuses on whether or not a yearbook picture has hair that is in dress code doesn't mean SLC does.

Ok, whatever... Frankly I don't care why some non-whites did not bleach their hair. It did not seem to hurt their play yesterday.

MGAR
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM

No way..

Truth be known, the ones you are talking about more than likely did not want to take part of the Children of the Corn party that everyone else was having.

alpha42
12-18-2011, 10:00 PM
No way..

Truth be known, the ones you are talking about more than likely did not want to take part of the Children of the Corn party that everyone else was having.

LOL, thank you MGAR.

Old Tiger
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Is it racist that I hate the fact that some of the non-whites don't dye their hair?Not every non white person can be a honey badger.