PDA

View Full Version : Paterno Knew

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2011, 06:07 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Joe-Paterno-told-a-grand-jury-he-8216-knew-ina?urn=ncaaf-wp11597

did not inform police and waited several days to meet with his boss, athletic director Tim Curley, because he "didn't want to interfere with their weekends

McQueary said he thought Curley and Schultz took his report seriously, and that he considered Schultz law enforcement because his position included oversight of campus police. "I thought I was talking to the head of the police, to be frank with you," McQueary said. "In my mind it was like speaking to a (district attorney). It was someone who police reported to and would know what to do with it."

bobcat1
12-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Send him to Jail too!

defense51
12-16-2011, 07:17 PM
That is sad, absolutely no integrity.

south texas
12-17-2011, 03:25 AM
wow. just dont know how anyone could hear about this and choose to wait to notify someone

TexMike
12-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Someone go get the rope (actually get several of them)

defense51
12-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Someone go get the rope (actually get several of them)
Sounds like we need a little Texas justice...

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I can understand McQuery's thoughts now at least

TexMike
12-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Huh ? ?!?!?!?! You gonna have to 'splain that

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Huh ? ?!?!?!?! You gonna have to 'splain that

He said he thought he was telling the person over the police...I can see why he would think that

Saggy Aggie
12-17-2011, 05:50 PM
He said he thought he was telling the person over the police...I can see why he would think that but can you explain why he didn't do anything at the time? Noticed a boy being raped and just kinda walked away?

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2011, 06:13 PM
but can you explain why he didn't do anything at the time? Noticed a boy being raped and just kinda walked away?

nope that one is still strange

TexMike
12-17-2011, 06:21 PM
He said he thought he was telling the person over the police...I can see why he would think that OK I gotcha That part is sensible But to do nothing AT THE IMMEDIATE MOMENT How does he explain that?

defense51
12-17-2011, 06:21 PM
but can you explain why he didn't do anything at the time? Noticed a boy being raped and just kinda walked away?Doesn't that make him guilty also? Or at least a gutless coward for not stopping it!!!

TexMike
12-17-2011, 06:24 PM
"guilty" legally? Apparently no, due to technicalities. But guilty morally? NO DOUBT

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2011, 06:32 PM
nope that one is still strange

I could be mistaken, but didn't it come out a couple of weeks ago that McQueary did actually stop what he saw? At least there was a report somewhere that he'd tried to or something...

TexMike
12-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Mcqueary testified this week:

McQueary said he went to the locker room to pick up some recruiting tapes when he heard sounds coming from the shower, according to dispatches from the Morning Call, which is staffing the proceedings in the Pennsylvania courtroom.

FULL COVERAGE: Penn State sex-abuse scandal

McQueary said he was embarrassed because he instinctively knew something sexual was taking place. When he glanced into a nearby mirror, he saw Sandusky in the shower, standing behind the boy with his arms wrapped around the boy's waist. McQueary said he quickly looked away.

“I stepped back. I didn’t want to see anymore, to be frank with you,” he testified.

But he also realized he needed to look again to make sure he wasn't mistaken about something so serious. He saw that it was indeed Sandusky and a young boy, and McQueary said he assumed that anal intercourse was taking place.

Pressed for detail, McQueary said: “I did not see insertion nor was there any protest, screaming or yelling,” according to Reuters. "But that's truly what I believe. Jerry was behind him in a very close position with hands wrapped around his midsection."

Stunned, he walked back to his locker. A few moments later he saw Sandusky and the boy, and made eye contact with them. "I know they saw me. Both of them looked directly in my eye," said McQueary. "Neither said a thing."

McQueary said he was “shocked, horrified, not thinking straight. I was distraught.” He called his father, who told him to contact Paterno. He did so the following day. Asked if he used the phrase “anal intercourse” when he described what he saw to Paterno, McQueary testified he did not: “No, out of respect, I would not have done it.”