PDA

View Full Version : After watching Melissa last night.....

south texas
12-16-2011, 10:50 AM
After watching the Melissa game last night i was just wondering how close of a game it would have been if they did play Celina this year??

RPF2666
12-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Somewhat better than last year, but convincing win by Celina... IMHO

MoveInDad
12-16-2011, 01:51 PM
After watching the Melissa game last night i was just wondering how close of a game it would have been if they did play Celina this year??
Probably a closer game than last year, I think Celina was up by 21 or 28 by the end of the 1st Q last year and just cruised... this year Celina offense probably better but usually took a bit longer to get going. Congrats to our neighbors in Melissa!

FB-fanatic
12-16-2011, 04:58 PM
They reported 465 this year. Hempstead 354.

Melissa knocked Lorena out in the State quarterfinals in 7v7. Quality QB and receivers.

Bruce
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Not taking anything a way from 2-aa football, and both of these two teams that played each other were good. But, its day light and dark different from 2-aa to 3-aaa football. Sure a number of 2-aa could play with 3-aaa teams. It really shows up when you get into the playoffs. It becomes a number game and more talented players, that's for sure. Thanks!

MGAR
12-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Celina would of won the match up since it was early in the season.

Melissa reached their peek at the right time and boom, state champs.

ExScoop
12-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I can't believe that Hempstead's enrollment isn't increasing-I'm sure the Bobcats will be moving back up to 3A within the next 10 years

LHdog
12-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Melissa impressed me as did Mason. Both of those teams could have held there own against Argyle or Wimberely. I was not imprressed with either of those teams.

marler1972
12-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Melissa impressed me as did Mason. Both of those teams could have held there own against Argyle or Wimberely. I was not imprressed with either of those teams.

Ummm dont take this personal but you need to step away from the crack pipe......

movethechain
12-17-2011, 10:33 PM
I'll make it simple. Just ask Celina backers about playing a top tier 2-aa team named Daingerfield. :stirpot:

I realize we are talking about Melissa, but would still expect them to put up a real fight with this years team. Maybe in another 2 years Melissa will be as highly regarded as Daingerfield, long term, and we can ponder this again.

hollywood
12-17-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll make it simple. Just ask Celina backers about playing a top tier 2-aa team named Daingerfield. :stirpot:

I realize we are talking about Melissa, but would still expect them to put up a real fight with this years team. Maybe in another 2 years Melissa will be as highly regarded as Daingerfield, long term, and we can ponder this again.

+1

Never will know, but you could see the talent, size, speed, and execution during any of these games this weekend. If you consider yourself a good judge of talent, one could clearly see that Melissa would play with most 3A's. IMO ;)

marler1972
12-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Melissa loses a ton this year. Their jv was not very good we played them. plus they should be moving to 3a.

cowboyandchrist
12-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Ummm dont take this personal but you need to step away from the crack pipe......
I agree with you 100%, they could play with some teams in 3a, but the top 15 teams would beat them like a drum.

cowboyandchrist
12-18-2011, 12:40 AM

That is not a fair comparrison, Daingerfield had 6 D1 football players when they beat Celina.

movethechain
12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
This is what we would expect, but a top 15 3a team that overlooks and/or discounts a little ole 2a team and with a couple funny bounces of the ball ... game on! What time is kickoff?