PDA

View Full Version : Rumors from Gilmer

lostaussie
12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Traylor to Tyler Lee.............anyone else heard anything of this?? Heard his name mentioned on radio yesterday and Coats gave a "no comment". Tell me it ain't so.

44INAROW
12-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Traylor to Tyler Lee.............anyone else heard anything of this?? Heard his name mentioned on radio yesterday and Coats gave a "no comment". Tell me it ain't so.

The good ones usually get snatched away.. keep us posted

ccmom
12-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Traylor to Tyler Lee.............anyone else heard anything of this?? Heard his name mentioned on radio yesterday and Coats gave a "no comment". Tell me it ain't so. Wow. Well I'm sure many many schools would like to have him. By the same token, I'm sure many top notch coaches would love a shot at the Gilmer job. Should be interesting.

Ernest T Bass
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Ive heard they've gone after him, but I would think he's got a better deal where he's at. Unless TISD just money whips him.

cr180t
12-16-2011, 10:35 AM
He has built a great program. He has family ties there. I know several schools come after him and rightly so. I am sure they will continue to come after him. Always one of the best offense in the State and his Defense play very physical.

lostaussie
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
He has built a great program. He has family ties there. I know several schools come after him and rightly so. I am sure they will continue to come after him. Always one of the best offense in the State and his Defense play very physical.He is definately "home grown". My "texting machine" is burning up:D Hopefully there is no truth to this!!

waterboy
12-16-2011, 01:17 PM
There has been some talk about the move by all parties involved, but I'm hoping Jeff stays in Gilmer. He's got everything he needs in Gilmer; extremely good pay, clout, good standing in the community, he teaches Sunday School, still has a son and a daughter in school, just built a custom home on the lake a few years ago, everything's in close proximity to home, no city hustle and bustle for a country boy, it's his hometown, and the list goes on. I hope he at least stays in Gilmer long enough for his kids to graduate before he makes that kind of career move. I think the move to Lee is more of a lateral move anyway, at least monetarily.

poisoned10
12-16-2011, 05:13 PM
It's going to happen one day.

I just hope that day never comes.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I have always heard Lee, Longview and MArshall would be the three that could get Traylor away from Gilmer

44INAROW
12-16-2011, 05:27 PM

believe me, it sucks :(

waterboy
12-16-2011, 05:36 PM

I hope he stays, too, and I know he will probably leave one day. My guess is IF he leaves, Ryan Pate would have to be considered for his replacement.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
I hope he stays, too, and I know he will probably leave one day. My guess is IF he leaves, Ryan Pate would have to be considered for his replacement.

What about Turner? He has been chased by alot of schools

waterboy
12-16-2011, 06:03 PM
What about Turner? He has been chased by alot of schools
Turner would be another one to be considered. It would help the continuity to have a coach familiar with the program, and that the players are familiar and comfortable with. I don't think the impact of Jeff leaving would be immediate, but it will leave some holes in the staff that would have to be replaced because you know he would take his brother (one of the best offensive line coaches around) and a couple of other coaches with him.

defense51
12-16-2011, 08:20 PM
How long has Coach Traylor been at Gilmer?

ccmom
12-16-2011, 09:41 PM
How long has Coach Traylor been at Gilmer? Obviously the Gilmer posters would know for sure, but I'm thinking he's been there since around 2000.

Ernest T Bass
12-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Lee would be a lateral move, at best.

poisoned10
12-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Obviously the Gilmer posters would know for sure, but I'm thinking he's been there since around 2000.

Correct.

The 2000 season was his first in Gilmer.

buckeyebob
12-17-2011, 04:27 AM

Mr. Henry never left.

buckeyebob
12-17-2011, 04:34 AM
Gilmer Coach Jeff Traylor has an overall record of 134-21. The Buckeyes have won two Class 3A championships in 2004 and 2009, one in each division.

and the list goes on.

marler1972
12-17-2011, 09:29 AM
I have heard the job at Gilmer is open.

cowboyandchrist
12-18-2011, 12:43 AM
He knows what the Carthage Dawgs will be next year. Good time to be moving on.

poisoned10
12-18-2011, 09:05 AM

Same thing, different year.

Every year there are rumors about Jeff leaving for some 5A school. Obviously, this year is no exception.

I'll believe it when it actually happens. I know eventually, he will likely move on. It's very rare for someone to stay at one place for too long so us Gilmer fans should really enjoy what we have while we do.

I know everyone remembers the state of the program before he showed up.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2011, 11:27 AM
There are jobs out there that are better than Gilmer, but Lee ain't one of'em. I can't see him turning down the jobs that he's been offered, but end up leaving for Lee. Unless there's something happening at Gilmer that I dont know about. Problems with his kids? In the community? Weak classes coming up?

MGAR
12-18-2011, 03:02 PM

LMAO....

Thanks for the laugh.

waterboy
12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Bwahahahahahaha..... You're too funny!

By the way, I also heard that Scott Surratt is on the list for that job. How do you like them apples?

coach
12-19-2011, 10:47 AM
There are jobs out there that are better than Gilmer, but Lee ain't one of'em. I can't see him turning down the jobs that he's been offered, but end up leaving for Lee. Unless there's something happening at Gilmer that I dont know about. Problems with his kids? In the community? Weak classes coming up?

I guess youve heard all the mess that's going on in nac. I'm pretty sure we will be looking for a new coach when we get back from the break

Ernest T Bass
12-19-2011, 11:02 AM
I guess youve heard all the mess that's going on in nac. I'm pretty sure we will be looking for a new coach when we get back from the break

That place is a soup sandwich. But there are some athletes there.