PDA

View Full Version : Lovejoy Head Football Coach Job Open

Black Swarm
12-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Just saw this on THSCA.

BEAST
12-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Just saw this on THSCA.

WOW. I bet that job gets some folks interest.

BEAST

nobogey72
12-15-2011, 02:28 PM
WOW. I bet that job gets some folks interest.

BEAST

I hope that job doesn't pay over the $250k that we're paying our coach.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I hope that job doesn't pay over the $250k that we're paying our coach.

Your coach is paid that much less than Shipley?

BEAST
12-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Your coach is paid that much less than Shipley?

I thought that as well. Hmmmm

BEAST

Cam
12-15-2011, 02:43 PM
oh well...there goes Dodge.....lol......

Leopard4Life
12-20-2011, 02:30 AM
I've heard about this for a little while now. Very interested to see how many candidates there are.

Ernest T Bass
12-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Word on the street is that this was a done deal from the very begining. JBP to full time AD, former DC moves to HC. Reputation of the district will keep the big names away.

Gsquared
12-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Word on the street is that this was a done deal from the very begining. JBP to full time AD, former DC moves to HC. Reputation of the district will keep the big names away.
Free vodka, that will draw alot of resumes.

Leopard4Life
12-20-2011, 03:12 PM

Just out of curiosity, what is the "reputation of the district?"

DeuceDeuce
12-20-2011, 03:53 PM

Not sure about the district itself...but I hear that the kids are out of control.

Don't take this the wrong way, but how many suspensions have taken place over the last 2 years?

Ernest T Bass
12-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Micromanaging administration, insane interview process(this one is true), unreasonable teaching load for coaches, etc...
None of these would be enough to keep ME away, but Im not a big name. I could see a coordinator from a successful DFW area school going after it, if the former DC isn't hired. Never heard a bad thing at all about the kids, just that the administration is tough to work with.

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Not sure about the district itself...but I hear that the kids are out of control.

Don't take this the wrong way, but how many suspensions have taken place over the last 2 years?

This should get good :1popcorn:

Carry on!!! Don't mind me :wave:

ccmom
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
This should get good :1popcorn:

Carry on!!! Don't mind me :wave: Save me a seat!!!

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Save me a seat!!!

So far pretty uneventful but I think once L4L gets off work, he might come out swinging. I think ETB might be hiding in the woodshed. Who knows how these things play out. If it gets too boring I'll tell somebody they throw like a gurl.

RoyceTTU
12-20-2011, 05:27 PM
I recant my statement. I missed ETB post.

Leopard4Life
12-20-2011, 11:10 PM

A lot of game suspension have occured in the last 2 years. I don't know the exact number. All were deserved. I know a lot of the parents of the kids that got suspended and none of them expressed any issue with the suspension. They simple say "he wasn't doing what he should be doing", or "he got caught and now has to pay the price". I don't have an issue with the suspension. Eventually the boys will get the message. It doesn't matter if you are a stud and your backup can't walk and chew gum, or if you are a third string JV kicker, if you break the rules you will sit. If you sit because you broke the rules you have to face your teammates.

Leopard4Life
12-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Micromanaging administration, insane interview process(this one is true), unreasonable teaching load for coaches, etc...
None of these would be enough to keep ME away, but Im not a big name. I could see a coordinator from a successful DFW area school going after it, if the former DC isn't hired. Never heard a bad thing at all about the kids, just that the administration is tough to work with.

Thanks, I just wanted to know the view from outside the district. I don't disagree with anything you said. You forgot "nepotism" and that the all AP/Pre-AP course load will never attract top talent. Lovejoy is definetely an "Academic First District", I'm really suprised our sports have done as well as they have. Beside's one volleyball player I can't recall a major D1 recruit in any sport.

I figured the job would stay In-House. I would have really loved to see an established coach come in, however like most things Lovejoy waited until most coaches had renewed their contracts before even listing the positions. Next step will to drag the interview process into next year and make the hire a few weeks before training starts...

Leopard4Life
12-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Free vodka, that will draw alot of resumes.

With the free vodka I figured you would be the first to throw your name in the hat.

Gsquared
12-21-2011, 07:43 AM
With the free vodka I figured you would be the first to throw your name in the hat.
Trust me, if I were qualified, I would. Nuttin better than free vodka, well, almost nuttin better.......

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 09:22 AM
I do a lot of work in the Lucas area and deal with a lot of the folks in that area. Nothing but good things to say about them. They are proud of their community and what their school has accomplished.

Afterall it isn't everybody who can take a enrollment that is 4 times larger than their peers and turn it into a competitive team in just 4 short years!!!!!!! (sorry, couldn't resist) :wave:

Leopard4Life
12-21-2011, 11:11 AM
I do a lot of work in the Lucas area and deal with a lot of the folks in that area. Nothing but good things to say about them. They are proud of their community and what their school has accomplished.

Afterall it isn't everybody who can take a enrollment that is 4 times larger than their peers and turn it into a competitive team in just 4 short years!!!!!!! (sorry, couldn't resist) :wave:

Don't know what type of work you do, but it obviously doesn't involve math...

Farmersfan
12-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Don't know what type of work you do, but it obviously doesn't involve math...

What part of the math was I mixed up on Leopard? The years or the enrollment?

Leopard4Life
12-22-2011, 06:17 PM
What part of the math was I mixed up on Leopard? The years or the enrollment?

The number you are multiplying by. You have had a lot of posts belly aching over how much bigger schools are and how it's not fair. The U.I.L. decides the re-alignment numbers not the districts.

438 multiplied by 4 = 1752

438 was the 2009 number that Farmersville reported. I think you reported about 435 this year, not a major difference. Please name the 3A school with over 1700 students. Also don't forget to whine about our supposed 5A facilities while you are at it.

Leopard4Life
12-29-2011, 10:27 PM
From what I heard last night this isn't a given for the DC to move up. The AD (JB) was going to promote from within, however the school board and administration want to open the interview process and hire the best candidate. It came from a very reliable source who has never steered me wrong. My theory is that the interview process will be drug out until the DC is the last man standing. No way that Dodge even applies for a 4A coaching job without the AD salary tied to it.

Leopard4Life
01-20-2012, 04:10 PM
From the Superindendents e-mail express:

Dear Lovejoy Community:

As you know, Jim Bob Puckett is moving into the full time athletic director position effective immediately. We are in the process of interviewing for the new head football coach position. Evidently the Lovejoy position is attractive as we have had 192 applications for the job. We hope to name a new football coach within the next couple of weeks.

mwynn05
01-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Didnt they just run off a girls bb coach who went to the state tournament?

Ernest T Bass
01-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Out of those 192, might be 15 qualified candidates.

Leopard4Life
01-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Didnt they just run off a girls bb coach who went to the state tournament?

A few parents made sure she was run off. Her daughter transferred out.

ccmom
01-22-2012, 10:43 PM
A few parents made sure she was run off. Her daughter transferred out.Looks like that wasn't a great move...

Matthew328
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
down to 3 and they are interviewing today