PDA

View Full Version : 2012 football schedules

orange machine
12-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Anybody heard anything about next years schedules?

bigwood33
12-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Can't be finalized until the next alignment is announced in Feb. That is when contracts can be signed.

toddg
12-14-2011, 11:29 PM
the teams i would like alvarado to have on their non-district schedule...abilene wylie, celina, cleburne, burleson and midlothian.....this is assuming stephenville and brownwood are in our district..

BaseballUmp
12-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Anybody heard anything about next years schedules?

Yea, each team is going to have 10 regular season games scheduled.

hookandladder
12-15-2011, 07:04 AM
I know we will have at least two new pre season games next year, Cuero and Gonzales. We have had basically the same schedule for a number of years, no Sealy or Bellville in pre season but may end up in same District.

RoyceTTU
12-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Yea, each team is going to have 10 regular season games scheduled.

Zing!!!

MGAR
12-15-2011, 09:16 AM
The team I'm close to has it's preseason lined out..

But I'm sure lot's will change in Feb.

BEAST
12-15-2011, 10:07 AM
the teams i would like alvarado to have on their non-district schedule...abilene wylie, celina, cleburne, burleson and midlothian.....this is assuming stephenville and brownwood are in our district..

This is Brownwoods problem right now. We could go any direction. Pretty hard to try to schedule much of anything until we know where we are going to land.

BEAST

FB-fanatic
12-15-2011, 08:15 PM
I guess I was wrong, but I thought the UIL reallignments announced in January 2012 would become effective for the 2013-2014 season. True or untrue?

ccmom
12-15-2011, 08:44 PM
I guess I was wrong, but I thought the UIL reallignments announced in January 2012 would become effective for the 2013-2014 season. True or untrue? Unless something has changed, the February realignment should be effective for the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 seasons.

95mustang
12-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I guess I was wrong, but I thought the UIL reallignments announced in January 2012 would become effective for the 2013-2014 season. True or untrue?

The reallignments will come out in February. The coaches will then put a schedule together for two years that cover the 2012 season and the 2013 season.

Lions88
12-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I would like to add alvarado to out schudule :D

orange machine
12-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I would like to see Celina schedule Sherman and any top ranked team out of east Tx in 3a.

Pick6
12-17-2011, 04:08 PM
I would like to see Celina schedule Sherman and any top ranked team out of east Tx in 3a.

We all pretty much know that won't happen.

marler1972
12-17-2011, 05:17 PM
We all pretty much know that won't happen.

I think you will be wrong.........

rb585
12-17-2011, 05:43 PM
I would love to see Wimberley schedule...
1. Cuero -- a Gobbler fan congratulated me after the game yesterday and I told him, "We want you guys to get it back."
2. Coldspring -- although home-and-home would be a real drive.
3. Smithville -- would love to open at Smithville next season.
4. Hondo -- want to go to a game at Hondo.
5. Luling -- love road games at Luling for obvious reasons.
6. Dripping -- kind of surprised they keep agreeing to play us.

jason
12-17-2011, 06:32 PM
some info on stephenville's non-district schedule for the next two years...

for the past couple years, they have played aledo in week 0....

for the next two:
if stephenville drops to 3a, they will play aledo in non-district, if they stay 4a (unlikely) then they will not play...
coaches decided it is best if they don't play knowing they would probably meet in the playoffs anyways...

as part of some kind of 'football classic' at justin northwest, stephenville with play either sherman or denison next season (2012) and whichever they don't play then, they will play the next (2013)...

Lion70
12-18-2011, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't want to play alvarado there not much interest other than the obvious playoff loss. We allready have kilgore and carthage booked unless their apart of the district. Kilgore mostlikely will be a district game and carthage should move south ( jasper district). Chapel hill and tatum are more likely district games as well.

bobcat1
12-18-2011, 10:38 AM

We all pretty much know that won't happen.*Sigh*

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Glen Rose and Mexia for sure. Wouldn't mind seeing Brownwood and Liberty Hill again.

The will probably be an effort to break up the Waco 3A District again with China Spring and Gatesville going back to Region 1 again.

Twirling Time
12-18-2011, 02:32 PM

for the next two:
if stephenville drops to 3a, they will play aledo in non-district, if they stay 4a (unlikely) then they will not play...
coaches decided it is best if they don't play knowing they would probably meet in the playoffs anyways...

as part of some kind of 'football classic' at justin northwest, stephenville with play either sherman or denison next season (2012) and whichever they don't play then, they will play the next (2013)...

Does that mean Sherman and Denison will be left with one open date each to fill, or will Stephenville be playing both twice?

Sville
12-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Well it looks like we will be 3A. Matt Stepp posted in the game blogs yesterday that he and Padilla talked to the UIL president and asked him the cutoff number for 4A-3A. He told them it is 1000. Unless he was lying to them it looks like we get to join the 3A ranks as the largest 3A.

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Well it looks like we will be 3A. Matt Stepp posted in the game blogs yesterday that he and Padilla talked to the UIL president and asked him the cutoff number for 4A-3A. He told them it is 1000. Unless he was lying to them it looks like we get to join the 3A ranks as the largest 3A.

Feel sorry for Glen Rose.

toddg
12-19-2011, 04:07 AM

for the next two:

Aledo got some bada$% sophs coming up..their defense will be much better next year.
if the uil decides to send the jackets east in 3a..look for Alvarado to be bigger on the D-line..and more diverse offensively..we've been waiting for this years sophmore class to get here as juniors next year, a couple of them were major contributers this past year, most notably #99 DE. should be a better matchup with ya'll than we were a few years back.

toddg
12-19-2011, 04:26 AM
I wouldn't want to play alvarado there not much interest other than the obvious playoff loss. We allready have kilgore and carthage booked unless their apart of the district. Kilgore mostlikely will be a district game and carthage should move south ( jasper district). Chapel hill and tatum are more likely district games as well.

though it would be beneficial for us to play a good east texas team in preseason..if stephenville comes to our district, we will most likely be going D2 next year in playoffs..so if henderson makes it to semis next year, ya'll will most likely have to contend with stephenville..or with an always solid abilene wylie.

toddg
12-19-2011, 04:31 AM

if ya'll do go 3a, i hope they put ya'll in a district with alvarado.

GrTigers6
12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Feel sorry for Glen Rose.Yeah No Kidding, Hopefully they will pull us in south, LOL We already have a fairly tough non district schedule
China Spring
Ranchview
Ft worth Christian
I think Waco Robinson
so far

ccmom
12-19-2011, 08:20 AM
though it would be beneficial for us to play a good east texas team in preseason..if stephenville comes to our district, we will most likely be going D2 next year in playoffs..so if henderson makes it to semis next year, ya'll will most likely have to contend with stephenville..or with an always solid abilene wylie. Realignment could make Wylie a likely D2 playoff team, as well. Maybe, maybe not? Hurry up, February!!

Manso/V8
12-20-2011, 01:37 AM
1. Cuero -- a Gobbler fan congratulated me after the game yesterday and I told him, "We want you guys to get it back."

What? No Sealy, Bellville, Brenham, Giddings, or Navasota? You are sandbagging!

Manso/V8
12-20-2011, 01:40 AM
I know we will have at least two new pre season games next year, Cuero and Gonzales. We have had basically the same schedule for a number of years, no Sealy or Bellville in pre season but may end up in same District.

You think LaGrange will be in the same district with Sealy and Bellville? What other schools are you thinking would be in the district?
Region III or Region IV?

Pudlugger
12-20-2011, 08:03 AM
You think LaGrange will be in the same district with Sealy and Bellville? What other schools are you thinking would be in the district?
Region III or Region IV?

La Grange traditionally moves in and out of RIV and RIII every realignment. We should go RIV next and I expect the district will be:
D25
LG
Smithville
Giddings
Columbus
Bellville
Caldwell

That puts everyone within a 50 mile radius and leaving Sealy out helps keep it balanced. I expect Sealy will be in the same district as Navasota in RIII.

Matthew328
12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Does that mean Sherman and Denison will be left with one open date each to fill, or will Stephenville be playing both twice?

There wil be another team aside from Stephenville, Sherman and Denison in the mix for the classic

YTBulldogs
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Chatter from several in our district is Sam Houston will elect to move to 4A, and the rest will remain the same.

Hope so.

Phil C
12-21-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope they don't put us (Sinton) in one of those 8 team districts again. I don't care who we play in non district games as long as they are all 3A teams. I have spoken.

BEAST
12-21-2011, 05:06 PM
There wil be another team aside from Stephenville, Sherman and Denison in the mix for the classic

Any word on who the other team will be?

BEAST

YTBulldogs
12-21-2011, 05:30 PM
I hope they don't put us (Sinton) in one of those 8 team districts again. I don't care who we play in non district games as long as they are all 3A teams. I have spoken.

I loved to play Sinton. For the next four years, we should be a quality opponent. Successful SV teams, and solid returners coming back.

MUSTANG69
12-21-2011, 05:30 PM

We may end up with a 5 team district if Goliad drops to 2A.

How come you don't want to play 2A Refugio?:stirpot:

HEMOTOXIC
12-21-2011, 06:35 PM
My wish list for 2012/13. Of course this is depending on our district schedule, but, these are some teams that I would like to see Navasota play. Again, this is a "wish" list. I would settle for 2-3 of the mentioned.

West Columbia- Great program that is known for their defense.

La Marque- It's looking like they may drop down. It would be nice to get some familiarity with the Cougars. Afterall, the last time Navasota and La Marque played each other was in the 4A Quarterfinals in 1996 inwhich the Cougars won 36-19 en route to a state championship.

Coldspring- Its been about 4 yrs since the Trojans have been on our schedule. Traditionally a good defensive team that can challenge Navasota's potent offense.

Any East Texas team: Gilmer, Henderson, Carthage, Chapel Hill- Just as we did a couple years back against Henderson (met in Lufkin), this game can be played at a mutual site. It seems that we are always running into an East Texas opponent in the Quarterfinals. It's a good idea to get some familiarity.

Brenham Cubs- A long storied rilvary dating back to the early 1920's/30's. It would be great to have the Cubs back on our schedule. After all, we are less than 20 min apart.

West Orange Stark- Navasota has never played the storied program of WO-S in football.

Cuero-Back in the late 80's, the Rattlers and Gobblers played. They haven't played since.
1989 Navasota 52 Cuero 6
1988 Cuero 8 Navasota 7

La Vega- Navasota v La Vega always ends up being a great contest.

Wimberly- Sealy seems to matchup well with the Texans. Navasota seems to have Sealy's number. With Sealy being the common opponent, I would like to see how Navasota matches up with the Texans.

Bellville- I almost forgot about my Brahmas... of course this depends on if we are going to be sharing a district together next season.

Phil C
12-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Mustang 69 it is mostly that I don't like to play bigger schools because they get caught up in the game and get carried away and take in my opinion cheap shots which results in injuries. The year after we were in the championship game we won against Gregory-Portland but had injuries that were very costly late in the playoffs. In fairness I want us to stay in our class. Refugio had their chance but dropped us because even though they usually beat us they would suffer injuries so they dropped us so they dropped the series. Besides I think their coach wouldn't want us if he was aware of the injuries. So I don't want to play 2A Refugion or 3A Portland or 4A Miller or 5A Carroll. :)
Besides it is bad enough to play the Howling Bear but at least they are 3A. Now I admit I wouldn't want to play Sweeny except in the playoffs.

buckeyebob
12-22-2011, 05:48 AM

We're ready!

buckeyebob
12-22-2011, 05:50 AM

What happens to the northern section?

Matthew328
12-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Any word on who the other team will be?

BEAST

It was going to be Everman but they didn't get a call back quick enough and committed to playing out in Sweetwater Week 0....no idea who it is now

MUSTANG69
12-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Mustang 69 it is mostly that I don't like to play bigger schools because they get caught up in the game and get carried away and take in my opinion cheap shots which results in injuries. The year after we were in the championship game we won against Gregory-Portland but had injuries that were very costly late in the playoffs. In fairness I want us to stay in our class. Refugio had their chance but dropped us because even though they usually beat us they would suffer injuries so they dropped us so they dropped the series. Besides I think their coach wouldn't want us if he was aware of the injuries. So I don't want to play 2A Refugion or 3A Portland or 4A Miller or 5A Carroll. :)
Besides it is bad enough to play the Howling Bear but at least they are 3A. Now I admit I wouldn't want to play Sweeny except in the playoffs.

Actually if you look back at the history of Refugio-Sinton games it is pretty even. Anyway I was just picking at you because you are from Sinton and all the hoopla about Refugio taking on larger schools. It is my understanding that Ingleside's first game next year is with Refugio. We will probably get beat but at least we will have some tougher non-district games next year.

Matthew328
12-22-2011, 10:12 AM
A couple of tenative schedules

Kennedale
Week 0: Crowley
Week 1: Mansfield Lake Ridge
Week 2: ??
Week 3: Argyle
Week 4: Saginaw

Gatesville
Week 0: Waco Reicher
Week 1: Waco University
Week 2: Brownwood
Week 3: Taylor
Week 4: Burnet

Matthew328
12-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Midland Greenwood

Week 0: Kermit
Week 1: Brownfield
Week 2: San Angelo Lake View
Week 3: Shallowater
Week 4: Lamesa

Los Owls
12-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Would love for the Hondo Owls to host or visit the defending STATE CHAMPIONS-Wimberley Texans...Meet some of the WiMbO WaCkOs fanatics...:

Matthew328
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Snyder
Week 0: Levelland
Week 1: Colorado City
Week 2: Lubbock Cooper
Week 3: Monahans
Week 4: ?
Week 5: ?

Matthew328
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Iowa Park
Week 0: Pampa
Week 1: Springtown
Week 3: Mineral Wells
Week 4: Decatur
Week 5: Amarillo River Road

Matthew328
12-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Gainesville

Week 0: Burkburnett
Week 1: Decatur
Week 2: Ardmore, OK
Week 3: Springtown
Week 4: Lake Worth

orange machine
12-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Celina needs to drop the Pilot Point Bearcats and play the Sherman Bearcats. I really want this game to happen.

Twirling Time
12-23-2011, 08:39 AM
You're not alone. But Denison seems more likely to schedule this game. Cody White would seem to be more willing to play Celina than Kinne would. Denison has played 3As the last 2 years in Kennedale and Dallas Madison and it sounds like they'll play Stephenville in 2012-13.

orange machine
12-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Celina Denison would be ok, but I have wanted to see Celina and Sherman hook up. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it comes true.

Blue42
12-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Chatter from several in our district is Sam Houston will elect to move to 4A, and the rest will remain the same.

Hope so.
Why not the district trinity of Bulldogs ,Apaches and Gobblers then add the Sharks, Rice birds and Tigers. It works better for my work travel.

YTBulldogs
12-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Why not the district trinity of Bulldogs ,Apaches and Gobblers then add the Sharks, Rice birds and Tigers. It works better for my work travel.

I'd prefer no Rice Birds. Really don't see much of a change from what we had this year with the exception of Sam Houston going to 4A.

YTBulldogs
12-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Blue42, Old Green or 44---I have heard two of ya'lls ND games will be against Calhoun and Victoria West. The others not known yet. Have you guys heard anything else. This is based on re-alignment, but--the these 4A's should be for sure I'd think.

Also heard, the OC is heading to Round Rock. First heard it was Lake Travis, but heard today it's Round Rock. Ya'll know what level he will be coaching at?

Blue42
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Blue42, Old Green or 44---I have heard two of ya'lls ND games will be against Calhoun and Victoria West. The others not known yet. Have you guys heard anything else. This is based on re-alignment, but--the these 4A's should be for sure I'd think.

Also heard, the OC is heading to Round Rock. First heard it was Lake Travis, but heard today it's Round Rock. Ya'll know what level he will be coaching at?
The OC went to Cedar Park they have already sold their house in Cuero so we will also have a different QB next season as his son was our QB this year.

Raider Red
12-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm hearing La Vega has tentative match ups with:
Week 0-Alvarado
Week 1-Cleburne
Week 2-Mexia
Week 3-Dallas Madison
Week 4-Marlin? Not sure about this one
Week 5-Open

YTBulldogs
12-24-2011, 11:23 AM
The OC went to Cedar Park they have already sold their house in Cuero so we will also have a different QB next season as his son was our QB this year.

His son is a great kid, but--isn't a QB. He gave it his all and best shot at the helm. He's a player and should start at a skill position other then QB IMO. Wish him well at CP.

Think that JV QB, one that moved in from Victoria, will be ya'lls QB next year?

Manso/V8
12-24-2011, 12:33 PM
La Grange traditionally moves in and out of RIV and RIII every realignment. We should go RIV next and I expect the district will be:
D25
LG
Smithville
Giddings
Columbus
Bellville
Caldwell

That puts everyone within a 50 mile radius and leaving Sealy out helps keep it balanced. I expect Sealy will be in the same district as Navasota in RIII.

How much does UIL consider other factors besides proximity, like enrollment, past program success, etc in their realignment decisions? Bellville and Sealy are less than 15 miles apart. For Navasota and Sealy to be in the same district and Bellville in another district, they would have to hop over Bellville since we are between the two towns.
I think Sealy was in a different district before the last realignment. Our district was pretty close or the same as what you listed. Your list would be great, and a real competition for playoff spots, especially if Caldwell gets back on track. How do the enrollments compare for those teams?

The last couple of years we have had two Houston area schools, Stafford and Kipp, and then a new school Tomball Memorial added this year. The Houston schools had fine kids, but the feel was completely different than playing small town rural schools, and they were not that competitive in most sports, Stafford was ok in football and really strong in basketball. Kipp didn't field a football team but plans to next year I think. Tomball Memorial didn't field a varsity football team but did really well at the JV level and in Volleyball. I think they will move to 4A or 5A next year. I hope our new district stays out west of Houston, it will be interesting.

regaleagle
12-24-2011, 01:19 PM
How far west do you have to go these days to get out of West Houston, anyway???:ack!:

3afan
12-24-2011, 01:41 PM
How much does UIL consider other factors besides proximity, like enrollment, past program success, etc in their realignment decisions? Bellville and Sealy are less than 15 miles apart. For Navasota and Sealy to be in the same district and Bellville in another district, they would have to hop over Bellville since we are between the two towns.
I think Sealy was in a different district before the last realignment. Our district was pretty close or the same as what you listed. Your list would be great, and a real competition for playoff spots, especially if Caldwell gets back on track. How do the enrollments compare for those teams?

The last couple of years we have had two Houston area schools, Stafford and Kipp, and then a new school Tomball Memorial added this year. The Houston schools had fine kids, but the feel was completely different than playing small town rural schools, and they were not that competitive in most sports, Stafford was ok in football and really strong in basketball. Kipp didn't field a football team but plans to next year I think. Tomball Memorial didn't field a varsity football team but did really well at the JV level and in Volleyball. I think they will move to 4A or 5A next year. I hope our new district stays out west of Houston, it will be interesting.

past program success is not considered ... this is not just a football realignment, its for all UIL activies

enrollment is also not considered, they are already in 3A

lbjacj
12-24-2011, 01:41 PM
How far west do you have to go these days to get out of West Houston, anyway???:ack!:

Past Sealy?

YTBulldogs
12-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Would WT schedule Kerrville (I know they played F'burg) this past year or Steele?

Rabid Cougar
12-24-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm hearing La Vega has tentative match ups with:
Week 0-Alvarado
Week 1-Cleburne
Week 2-Mexia
Week 3-Dallas Madison
Week 4-Marlin? Not sure about this one
Week 5-Open

Might be in the same district as Mexia...

Manso/V8
12-25-2011, 01:16 AM

West Houston pretty much extends out to Katy with major housing developments, lots of commercial development, and the engineering companies are moving that way following the employees. If you are talking straight west along I-10, the 3A type schools start at Brookshire Royal, about 8-9 miles west of Katy. They are in Waller County and it is mostly open land, with no major housing developments.........farming and ranching dominate the landscape with some light industrial, machine shops, etc. Sealy is about another 15 miles, and you are in the country/small towns for sure.......there is some industry in Sealy but a lot of the employees come from towns farther west.

ExScoop
12-28-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that Wharton will play El Campo in non-district if Ricebirds won't move down to Class 3A-The Wharton-El Campo series is amont the top 10 longest running rivalry in the state.

Since Brad Wright is new for Wharton, don't know who he might try to play in non-district

Maybe Columbus since it's only a 45-minute drive. Tigers could also play Stafford, Royal, Palacios if the Sharks go down to 2A,

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I bet you would... tie breaker?

waterboy
12-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Depending on realignment, of course, I think you could see the Buckeyes schedule look something like this:

Week 0 - Tatum (in Tyler at the Kickoff Classic)
Week 1 - Paris in Mt. Pleasant (depending on what the Tigers schedule looks like)
Week 2 - Daingerfield
Week 3 - Henderson (if they're not in our district)
Week 4 - Carthage (if they're not in our district)

texas_wildcat
12-28-2011, 03:17 PM
A couple of tenative schedules

Kennedale
Week 0: Crowley
Week 1: Mansfield Lake Ridge
Week 3: Argyle
Week 4: Saginaw

Gatesville
Week 0: Waco Reicher
Week 1: Waco University
Week 2: Brownwood
Week 3: Taylor
Week 4: Burnet

so do you think this is like a sure thing

MGAR
12-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Depending on realignment, of course, I think you could see the Buckeyes schedule look something like this:

Week 0 - Tatum (in Tyler at the Kickoff Classic)
Week 1 - Paris in Mt. Pleasant (depending on what the Tigers schedule looks like)
Week 2 - Daingerfield
Week 3 - Henderson (if they're not in our district)
Week 4 - Carthage (if they're not in our district)

Negative on the Tatum part of the Buckeye schedule. I have a good idea of the tentative Tatum schedule and as of now Gilmer is not on it. Could change though once Feb gets here. Could be in same district.

BTW, the kickoff classic is in week 1.

Matthew328
12-28-2011, 03:35 PM
so do you think this is like a sure thing

Nothing is a sure thing until after realignment...

waterboy
12-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Negative on the Tatum part of the Buckeye schedule. I have a good idea of the tentative Tatum schedule and as of now Gilmer is not on it. Could change though once Feb gets here. Could be in same district.

BTW, the kickoff classic is in week 1.
I couldn't imagine a schedule without Tatum on it. I also wasn't aware that the classic was moved to Week 1. I know the Classic usually alternates between Zero Week and Week 1, with Zero Week the first year after realignment. Did they change it this year?

MGAR
12-28-2011, 04:04 PM
I couldn't imagine a schedule without Tatum on it. I also wasn't aware that the classic was moved to Week 1. I know the Classic usually alternates between Zero Week and Week 1, with Zero Week the first year after realignment. Did they change it this year?

Pretty sure it will be week 1 again this year. Their idea of moving it out of the heat some. lol.

toddg
12-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Pretty sure it will be week 1 again this year. Their idea of moving it out of the heat some. lol.

there is a 1.32 degree avg temp. differential between week 0 and week 1 as per the farmers almanac.

MGAR
12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
there is a 1.32 degree avg temp. differential between week 0 and week 1 as per the farmers almanac.

Works for the powers to be. haha