PDA

View Full Version : Anahauc???

Bobkat
10-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Not trying to start anything by this thread, I was just wondering what happen to the Anahauc posters? Anahauc has a good football team and will be a playoff representative in this district. Your team never quit Friday night and I was impressed with the talent on your team. I expect both Anahuac and Bridge City to win out, setting up a big game in week 10. Good Luck!!!

3AFTNUT
10-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Thanks some of are still around

3AFTNUT
10-12-2003, 09:24 PM
oops my bad
Thanks some of us are still around

Bobkat
10-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Glad to see your still around man, where is everyone else? I hope they haven't written off the season after one loss. Yall have a strong team that can make some waves come playoff time. Good Luck!!!

<small>[ October 13, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>

pgamgt1982
10-13-2003, 11:14 AM
Do not feel sorry for Anahuac! They run their mouths every year stating this will be their banner year. Every year is a banner year for Anahuac. LoL. Besides, if any "Anahuac" team has a positive record when it is all said and done, has acheived something in my opinion. For many years they were at the bottom of the "football chain". I'm glad to see that they are doing well, but like I have stated several times along with a friend, Anahuac will never be Champs, nor in my opinion, "win a district they are in". That is just my perspective of Anahuac!

the-O-fence
10-13-2003, 11:43 AM
Anahuac shouldnt be ashamed of their loss, they lost to good Orangefield team who I think were very underrated. If the panthers didn't have the turnovers it would have been a better game than it was. I noticed anahuac had a few starters out due to injury and some to failing grades,but I think they will be able to rebound and win out until they meet up against BC. The last game between them will be a good one. Until then good luck to all teams in 21-AAA.

pgamgt1982
10-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Honestly, I am really content on Anahuac losing this week at Hardin-Jefferson. This team can really upset a team as *Anahuac. I'm sure it will be a close game, no matter what, but I am going with the upset here:

H-J 28 ----- Anahuac 27

AggieJohn
10-13-2003, 02:14 PM
the-O-fence:
Anahuac shouldnt be ashamed of their loss, they lost to good Orangefield team who I think were very underrated. If the panthers didn't have the turnovers it would have been a better game than it was. I noticed anahuac had a few starters out due to injury and some to failing grades,but I think they will be able to rebound and win out until they meet up against BC. The last game between them will be a good one. Until then good luck to all teams in 21-AAA.dont they still have that tall lanky RB that looks like he should be a wide reciever..i remember seeing him in a playoff game last year..he was killer...could turn on a dime

the-O-fence
10-13-2003, 03:22 PM
I dont think Anahuac had a tall lanky RB last year, the Qb (#7 i believe) was tall, lanky and very athletic. They have a couple of good RBs this year and a good QB, but they're not gonna win anything if the O-line doesnt do anything. Orangefield was able to shut them down because the lineman weren't doing a d@mn thing. I imagine the coaches will be riding them this week after watching the film and should have them pumped up for HJ.

AP-qb/db 22
10-13-2003, 09:13 PM
I'm not gonna say anything bad about Orangefield, or say we lost cause we had people out due to injuries.. but i think the game would of been closer if we wouldn't of turned the ball over as much. Orangefield played an almost perfect game. They have a good quarterback and good recievers. They are an underrated team and i think that we went in the game thinking we were gonna win. I think the loss will help Anahuac in a way, cause now we know we can lose and maybe we will have our heads on right for the rest of the season. I just want to say good luck to them in the rest of their season.

Backwoods
10-13-2003, 09:31 PM
That's class. LOL

the-O-fence
10-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Im pretty sure that Orangefield will be the 21-AAA champs this, I dont believe the remaining teams can pull off an upset. For an upset to happen the defense would have to shut down the passing game and that will be very hard to do against Orangefield, they have excellent WR's and a good QB. Anahuac is now in a battle for 2nd place with BC. Both teams should win out down to the final game where they meet up, it will be a game worth the watch.

Bobkat
10-13-2003, 10:25 PM
Classy post, and I appreciate the kind words about Orangefield, but the Cats weren't exactly at full strength either. Austin Farias(#3) our best CB/WR didn't play a play due to an injury against Bridge City. Turnovers are a part of the game and good teams take advantage of them. I was impressed with the talent level of Anahauc and they'll flat out hit ya, but I think Orangefield was the better team. Orangefield's defense for the most part contained Raymond and forced him to throw the ball instead of running with it. Orangefield's defense is very underrated only allowing a little over 150 yards again, but I think people are starting to take notice. Good luck to Anahuac and I agree with you in that this probably was a wakeup call for them. Watch out!!! Good luck to your team the rest of the way!!!

Bobkat
10-14-2003, 12:30 PM
I agree with ya on both Bridge City and Anahuac going undefeated until they meet in week ten. That will be a barn burner!!!