PDA

View Full Version : Waco La Vega....

Bullaholic
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Waco La Vega is another of those teams who seemed to have it all this season, except a lttle playoff scheduling luck. They opened by beating a good Prosper team 33-21, win all the rest, and lose 27-20 to eventual 3A-DI SC Chapel Hill in Rd 1 of the playoffs. How good will they be next season?

44INAROW
12-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Waco La Vega is another of those teams who seemed to have it all this season, except a lttle playoff scheduling luck. They opened by beating a good Prosper team 33-21, win all the rest, and lose 27-20 to eventual 3A-DI SC Chapel Hill in Rd 1 of the playoffs. How good will they be next season?

KARMA BABY :wave:

BaseballUmp
12-14-2011, 12:10 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about someone getting arrested

BEAST
12-14-2011, 12:37 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about someone getting arrested

No names were mentioned. Classic response.

BaseballUmp
12-14-2011, 12:39 PM
No names were mentioned. Classic response.
Yea those trailing ...'s really had my attention lol

Raider Red
12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
They are returning 8/8 offense/defense. Qb and top 4 running backs coming back, 1 WR, 4 Offensive linemen. On dense, front 4, 2 LB's and 2 Db's. I think they will be in the mix next year same as this year.

Raider Red
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Classless response by Baseball ump and Beast. Thought you guys were better than that. Old news from 4 years ago. Program and current kids deserve better from the people on this board.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2011, 01:43 PM
^^^^he mad

bp80884
12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Classless response by Baseball ump and Beast. Thought you guys were better than that. Old news from 4 years ago. Program and current kids deserve better from the people on this board.

Agreed, pretty classless to take a shot on something that happened years ago. Seems to be a pretty good group of kids there with good sports programs.

BEAST
12-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Hey, Ump was just adding a little humor. Lighten up. You gotta admit, it does seem that way when you see a thread about them. Just a month or so ago there was yet another one. Props to the kid currently at MODOC.

BEAST

Raider Red
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Humor is in the eye of the beholder. You don't like people making fun of your kids in Brownwood, so neither do the La Vega folks. And the thread a month ago was the about the same kid from 4 years ago. No program should be dissed for what a kid does years after he leaves the program. Somethings just aren't funny. Thanks for the props to the kids at La Vega. There are some great programs in this area, La Vega, China Springs, Lorena Robinson to name a few 3-A. I just hate to see a program take hits on things that happened years ago.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Humor is in the eye of the beholder. You don't like people making fun of your kids in Brownwood, so neither do the La Vega folks. And the thread a month ago was the about the same kid from 4 years ago. No program should be dissed for what a kid does years after he leaves the program. Somethings just aren't funny. Thanks for the props to the kids at La Vega. There are some great programs in this area, La Vega, China Springs, Lorena Robinson to name a few 3-A. I just hate to see a program take hits on things that happened years ago.

he really mad ^^^^

easttxsportsfan
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
I think LV has a great chance of going all the way next year.

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2011, 04:32 PM
KARMA BABY :wave: what karma?

They had a great team but had to play chill early?

They were as good as chill, navasota, WC, Alvarado etc. I expect LV to compete for the title next year.

BaseballUmp
12-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Dear everyone in and around the Waco La Vega area,

I formally apologize for my previous remarks. Obviously it struck a nerve and for this, I am sorry. Some do not find my humor funny and that is alright.

Go La Vega Go!!!

Respectfully,

Baseballump

44INAROW
12-14-2011, 04:56 PM
what karma?

They were as good as chill, navasota, WC, Alvarado etc. I expect LV to compete for the title next year.
Karma is having to play such good teams right off the bat.. That's all I am saying on this subject

83Indian
12-14-2011, 05:07 PM
what karma?

They were as good as chill, Navasota, WC, Alvarado etc. I expect LV to compete for the title next year.

For the record all these teams were very close. Both La Vega and especially WC were tasting victory right up until the last minute. Alvarado scored evenly with Chill, just flubbed up 2 extra points (believe me this stings). I believe Alvarado gave up the least points and least yards to Chill (308). Chill committed no turnovers as well to our 3 (last one on Chills 15 yard line). I believe La Vega scored all three td's off turnovers on Chills end of the field.

WC, I still don't get the long pass conversion on 4th and 8 yards. Wow, if you think about this too long, will drive you to drink. And La Vega, 93 yard run in the last 2 minutes. Wow.

And Navasota, scoring 40+ on Chill. Thats amazing.

Chill was at full strength against Alvarado. Not sure about the prior games.

With 8/8 returning La Vega will be a tough play off test early for some good east texas teams. Navasota looks loaded for bear as well.

Alvarado has to plug some holes on defense and find another playmaker on offense. But the scheme and system are good and in place so hopefully we make another deep run.

What does WC have coming back?

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2011, 05:15 PM
The biggest thing WC has coming back is JR running back Floyd Bess. He was arguably better than our starter Sean flannel who made the ap all state team.

We're losing a lot but we have some playmakers on the freshman team that will have to step in. We gotta find a new QB but our defense should be good and we'll rely on Bess until other players get going. Next season will test our coaches but I think they're up for the challenge.

Realignment should be interesting with lamarque possibly coming to our district