PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Fireworks

TexMike
12-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Not sure what significance the rules on length of halftime have to the story but interesting the writer would include that tidbit.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/....other_texas.php

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2011, 10:05 AM
not working :(

btw u seen the onsid kick video in SLC game?

TexMike
12-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Wonder why they took it down? Oh well, same story but different link

http://voiceofamarillo.com/amarillo-grade-school-teacher-arrested-in-teen-sex-case/

I did see many videos of that onside kick play

Hopefully this link works now

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/12/julie_ann_moore_another_texas.php

Matthew328
12-14-2011, 10:19 AM
need a pic of the teacher to really be able to comment on this story

Emerson1
12-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Wonder why they took it down? Oh well, same story but different link

http://voiceofamarillo.com/amarillo-grade-school-teacher-arrested-in-teen-sex-case/

They didn't. For future reference if you just highlight a link and do a control C or a right click and copy on a link on a forum it is usually shortened down and it will only copy what you see.

Emerson1
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
There is one if you click to read more.

Ernest T Bass
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM

Not bad at all, especially considering the 20-30% decrease that usually accompanies a mug shot.

Matthew328
12-14-2011, 10:41 AM
First off...

The complaint further states that she removed her clothes first, and then his, and then Moore subjected the boy to a sexual assault lasting, by the boy's estimation, for ten or 15 minutes. The complaint then goes on to state that the pair were back in their seats for the second-half kickoff. (According to UIL rules, the maximum length for a half-time is 28 minutes, though many choose to set it at 24 minutes.)

WTH, 10-15 minutes??? Man at 15 it would have 2 minutes TOPS for me..(hell its 2-3 minutes tops for me now!)...this kid must have known what he was doing!!

Also, this teacher is not bad a piece at all...where was she at when I was 15.....I wouldn't have told a soul if I was able to continue to do things to her dirty places.....

TexMike
12-14-2011, 10:45 AM
BS! You, like the rest of us, would have bragged like crazy which is what he likely did and why the escapade did not stay hidden

Gsquared
12-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Out of everything Politically Correct, we should petition to have the stadium's named changed to something other than Dick Bivins. The name of the stadium is what prompted this fine citizen to make the wrong decision. Sign here to change the name to Richard Bivins Stadium so that this does not happen again

1. Gsquared

3afan
12-14-2011, 10:48 AM

so was it the right call from what you could see?

What is the rule definition re when the kicking team can block the receiving team?

TexMike
12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
I see the ball LEGALLY touched by kicking team (it went about 10 yards and 6 inches) There are illegal blocks though in advance of the ball. The kicking team cannot block the receivers until they (kicking team) are eligible to touch the ball.

Matthew328
12-14-2011, 10:55 AM
BS! You, like the rest of us, would have bragged like crazy which is what he likely did and why the escapade did not stay hidden

No way....when it came to that kinda thing I was real quiet (as long as I was still involved) had a girl when I was 17 and she was 16 and she basically told me not to tell anyone we were doing certian things...she said she didn't want to get caught because her mom was a teacher...anyway long story short as long as she was providing the goods and services my mouth was a trap door...once we were on the outs...then all bets were off! lol

3afan
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
i see the ball legally touched by kicking team (it went about 10 yards and 6 inches) there are illegal blocks though in advance of the ball. The kicking team cannot block the receivers until they (kicking team) are eligible to touch the ball.

thanks, ever seen that called (blocking too soon)?

MGAR
12-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Dang, this thread is part Penthouse, part rule book..

Awesome!!!

Dr Death
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM

Never seen that called because most refs are looking at other things . (like the ball.)
That is the correct rule and should be the rule.

TexMike
12-14-2011, 11:13 AM

Absolutely! Seen it made and have made it. Here is an example (not my crew)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N64yUCqrhFU&feature=player_embedded

Dr Death
12-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Never seen that called because most refs are looking at other things . (like the ball.)
That is the correct rule and should be the rule.

By the way, what is the correct placement of a 5 man crew? One on kicking team restaining line, 2 on recieving team's restraining line, 2 back?

Matthew328
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I've seen it called this year!

Matthew328
12-14-2011, 11:15 AM

Awesome!!!

I'm a man of many talents...lol

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm a man of many talents...lol

but u only last 2-3 minutes

YTBulldogs
12-14-2011, 11:19 AM
By the way, what is the correct placement of a 5 man crew? One on kicking team restaining line, 2 on recieving team's restraining line, 2 back?

For an obvious OSK, 4 up, one of each side of kicking team restraining line, one each side of receiving team restraining line, and the referee deep, on goal line, middle of field.

TexMike
12-14-2011, 11:20 AM

Interesting question. Our mechanics manual calls for 2 on kicker's line, 1 on receiver's and 2 back. If you are anticipating a short free kick then 2 on ea restraining line and 1 back.. In the game in question they had a 7 man crew and were expecting the onside kick so they had 2 on kicker's line, 2 on receiver's and 2 on the 5 yard line in between those 2 and 1 back

MGAR
12-14-2011, 11:22 AM

Maybe his talent is consistency?

Dr Death
12-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Interpret this while you are at it.
PENALTY [a-g]—Live-ball foul. Five yards from the previous spot, or five
yards from the spot where the subsequent dead ball belongs
to Team B, or from the spot where the ball is placed after a
touchback [S18 or S19] (A.R. 6-1-2-VI).

The penalty signal is illegal procedure but does the ball go to the recieving team automatically? Rule 6 sect 2

TexMike
12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
This means that if the receivers have possession of the ball at the end of the down then they can choose to have the 5 yards enforced from there or they can choose to have a replay of the down with a 5 yard penalty. If they do not have possession then they will have to take the 5 yards and replay down (which means SLC would have got to try the onside again)

YTBulldogs
12-14-2011, 11:28 AM

Awesome!!!

:iagree::cheerl:

Matthew328
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM

I never said I was a man of all talents..lol stamina could be one that's excluded

SintonFan
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I never said I was a man of all talents..lol stamina could be one that's excluded

It's ok. The older you get.... :D

Gsquared
12-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Out of everything Politically Correct, we should petition to have the stadium's named changed to something other than Dick Bivins. The name of the stadium is what prompted this fine citizen to make the wrong decision. Sign here to change the name to Richard Bivins Stadium so that this does not happen again

1. Gsquared

My name is gonna be the only one on the petition :(

GrTigers6
12-14-2011, 11:47 AM
That is the correct rule and should be the rule.I saw it called in a tapps playoff game that I was doing chain crew for