PDA

View Full Version : State Championship Games..........

Old Green
12-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Are they always going to be in Dallas or are they going to move them to different locations in the future ?

Emerson1
12-13-2011, 11:17 PM
They probably won't play them in Dallas, but keep them in Arlington ;)

I don't think anything has officially been released. I'm sure they'd love to, but they will have to deal with the backlash on non-DFW people.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-13-2011, 11:21 PM
I think they will keep the games in Jerryworld in Arlington. It does create some travel problems for teams outside of the DFW Metroplex but I think the kids enjoy playing in the best stadium in the world.

SHSBulldog00
12-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Why can't they rotate it between Jerry World, Reliant and DKR?

Emerson1
12-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Reliant = Grass. 9 games tearing that surface up.
DKR = Outdoors. If there is a storm with lightning all day or over a span of two days that forces a delay you are facing a logistical nightmare. Plus a chance of bad weather would keep casual fans away because it's on TV.

YTBulldogs
12-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Rotate amongst all the state doom stadiums with field turf I say. Cowboy and Alamo currently.

Matthew328
12-14-2011, 08:39 AM
After going to the Alamodome last week and talking to some folks who run that place I think its HIGHLY unlikely the UIL plays the title games there unless their hand is forced....

Locker rooms are too small and the stadium has turned into a dump to be honest...San Antonio has done a poor job of upkeep there....

I can see Reliant hosting if they put turf down

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
How could you possibly not like Jerryworld? I realize that it may be a long way to travel, but the kids sure do love playing there.

scrub c
12-14-2011, 01:00 PM
sure wish we could have played there...

lbjacj
12-18-2011, 06:04 PM
After going to the Alamodome last week and talking to some folks who run that place I think its HIGHLY unlikely the UIL plays the title games there unless their hand is forced....

Locker rooms are too small and the stadium has turned into a dump to be honest...San Antonio has done a poor job of upkeep there....

I can see Reliant hosting if they put turf down

The Dump it is for 2012 & 2013.
Someone must have forced their hand!

Emerson1
12-18-2011, 06:45 PM
I give them the through the second game on Thursday to decide that they are coming back to Arlington in 2013.

Matthew328
12-19-2011, 09:14 AM
The Dump it is for 2012 & 2013.
Someone must have forced their hand!

not a done deal yet, but in talking to Breithupt Sat he said its likely they'll move south..off the record UIL sources are telling me they are fairly certain they will NOT draw the crowds they've drawn in Dallas the past two years, but that in order to prove this point they've got to give it a shot in San Antonio for a year or two.

I imagine once they see the crowds are not anywhere near the crowds they've drawn in Dallas they will move it back to JerryWorld...

mwynn05
12-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I saw something on the news about putting turf down in reliant and how it would make it a more attractive venue, games wont be down here until that happens

Necked
12-19-2011, 11:06 PM
I saw something on the news about putting turf down in reliant and how it would make it a more attractive venue, games wont be down here until that happens

This was brought up last year, don't know what the status of this is...

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Reliant-Stadium-may-use-turf-for-non-Texans-games-1710386.php