PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to BigWood!

Ernest T Bass
12-13-2011, 09:13 PM
His son was named a first team all-state 3a linebacker!!

bigwood33
12-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks buddy and to all of my friends on the DownLow.

skins4life
12-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Congrats to your son and you too of course.

bigwood33
12-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Congrats to your son and you too of course.
"Between" the two of us "we" had a very nice year! I contributed "almost" nothing though...I just can't pull my weight anymore.

In all seriousness, I am humbled by what a great kid he is. He is a great teammate (humble and self sacrificing) and lives his faith. I only wish that I had been more like him. We all want our children to be better than us and achieve more, I can honestly say that he is (better than me) and does (achieves more).

Eagle 1
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
"Between" the two of us "we" had a very nice year! I contributed "almost" nothing though...I just can't pull my weight anymore.

In all seriousness, I am humbled by what a great kid he is. He is a great teammate (humble and self sacrificing) and lives his faith. I only wish that I had been more like him. We all want our children to be better than us and achieve more, I can honestly say that he is (better than me) and does (achieves more).

Congrats, and I know exactly what you mean. I was just an average player on the team, but two of my sons were All-State players. I have always said I wouldn't want it no other way. A father always wants what is best for their kids.
Congrats again to your son.

bobcat1
12-13-2011, 10:13 PM

In all seriousness, I am humbled by what a great kid he is. He is a great teammate (humble and self sacrificing) and lives his faith. I only wish that I had been more like him. We all want our children to be better than us and achieve more, I can honestly say that he is (better than me) and does (achieves more). I feel the same BW33 about mine. They are better than I was. Congrats!

Maroon87
12-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Congrats BW33...I definitely saw all-state potential on the DVD you gave me.

regaleagle
12-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Great year for you Bigwood. Congrats to both of you, and to Whitesboro. What kind of Bktbll team does Whitesboro have this year? We'll be playing ya before long.

bigwood33
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Thank you very much.
We are still a "work in progress" but getting better. We are 8-4 after tonight. We have lost to WF Hirschi (very good team), Abilene Wylie (lost in OT and everyone thought we should have won considering we had 23 turnovers), Plainview (a decent 4A team), and Fairfield (in their tournament). They only had 2 fouls in the 1st half and 5 in the 2nd. We were better than them, just lost. I would think that y'all are the best team in the district and we are the 2nd best...but of course, we have to play like it.

Roughneck93
12-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Congrats to your son bigwood! That's awesome!

Pick6
12-14-2011, 12:53 PM

You have done an outstanding job as a parent. I remember meeting him and he was polite, respectful and enjoyable to be around. For that you get the All-State dad award. Congrats to both

YTBulldogs
12-14-2011, 12:57 PM
He'll be a good one at the next level. Think he'll move to secondary?

bigwood33
12-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I suppose anything is possible but I doubt he has the "raw speed" that most look for and he would play at a out 212 or 215 in order to improve his speed. I imagine it will go the other way and after a redshirt year, he plays Mike at about 230...but that's their decision.

YTBulldogs
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I suppose anything is possible but I doubt he has the "raw speed" that most look for and he would play at a out 212 or 215 in order to improve his speed. I imagine it will go the other way and after a redshirt year, he plays Mike at about 230...but that's their decision.

he has nice form, movement, reads for sure at LB'er. Sounded like he worked his butt off this past offseason to get this. Hat's off to him. Love story's of hard work that pays off. He wanted it, and earned it.

garciap77
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Congrats!!!

Bullaholic
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Congrats to you and your son, Bigwood. 1st Team All-State in Texas is the top of the highschool football heap.

defense51
12-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Congratulations!

SintonFan
12-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Congratulations! :clap: :)

firstdown
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Congrats to your son bigwood! He deserves the honors for sure. I was amazed at our game it seemed to me he was in on every play.

YTBulldogs
12-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Last I knew, he was going for a visit at a school in Louisiana. He decide yet where he is going?

bigwood33
12-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Thank you all!

firstdown, John played really well against y'all but it certainly wasn't enough! LOL! Good luck this Friday! The Eagles are an excellent team, for sure!

YT, no he hasn't decided anything yet. LA Monroe is were he went to visit but they decided they wanted someone taller so he didn't get an offer from them. He is still trying to decide and is still hoping to hear something from a couple of schools that have been talking to him but haven't offered.
I really appreciate the kind words from you all.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Congrats to Whitesboro and your son!