PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado/Chapel Hill Sunday Night Football Shoutout

Bullaholic
12-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Pretty nice national exposure for Alvarado and Chapel Hill on NBC Sunday Night Football last night. They showed a clip of their game and both Collinsworth and Michaels commented on the game.

GrTigers6
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Pretty nice national exposure for Alvarado and Chapel Hill on NBC Sunday Night Football last night. They showed a clip of their game and both Collinsworth and Michaels commented on the game.Yeah I saw that too. That was pretty cool even though it wasnt my team but it was a 3A and not a 5A

waterboy
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
That's about the only recognition they got, because the UIL couldn't see fit to actually televise the game to where EVERYBODY could watch it like they can this week's games. They did the same thing last year, except they showed more clips of the Chapel Hill / Henderson game.

OldNavy
12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
That's about the only recognition they got, because the UIL couldn't see fit to actually televise the game to where EVERYBODY could watch it like they can this week's games. They did the same thing last year, except they showed more clips of the Chapel Hill / Henderson game.
It was broadcast on the internet. I watched it here in Jacksonville, FL. It it had just been on TV, I wouldn't have been able to see it.

Great game!

GrTigers6
12-12-2011, 04:41 PM
It was broadcast on the internet. I watched it here in Jacksonville, FL. It it had just been on TV, I wouldn't have been able to see it.

Great game!I believe the other games are being broadcast on both

waterboy
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I believe the other games are being broadcast on both
Exactly. That's my main complaint. Why shouldn't 3A-D1 be just as important as the rest of the championship games? It seems like a penalization to go D1 in 3A because you're the only teams playing for a championship that weekend.

GrTigers6
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Exactly. That's my main complaint. Why shouldn't 3A-D1 be just as important as the rest of the championship games? It seems like a penalization to go D1 in 3A because you're the only teams playing for a championship that weekend.I agree its totally wrong!

Sportshack
12-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Exactly. That's my main complaint. Why shouldn't 3A-D1 be just as important as the rest of the championship games? It seems like a penalization to go D1 in 3A because you're the only teams playing for a championship that weekend.

That game was broadcast on the Texas Channel of Time Warner cable. I DVR'ed it and watched it later. Not quite the picture on FSS but it was fun to watch.

Matthew328
12-13-2011, 04:43 PM
coaches and sups in 3A need to agree to have split divisions in 3A

GrTigers6
12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
coaches and sups in 3A need to agree to have split divisions in 3AUil just needs to do it and stop leaving it up to them!:D