PDA

View Full Version : Mavs acquire Lamar Odom from Lakers

jlwttu
12-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Supposedly for draft considerations.

Emerson1
12-11-2011, 02:01 AM
I guess it's not bad. I don't like the baggage he brings with the Kardashian stuff. He is due to make like 8 or 9 million this year, and next year only 2.5 is guaranteed.

3afan
12-11-2011, 03:18 AM
didnt see that coming but I guess I like it as long as his head is straight

bigwood33
12-11-2011, 10:14 AM
I have always liked his game. His length allows him to defend guys in the block and he can score a little. Since it is essentially a 1 year deal, this is a good one.

kaorder1999
12-11-2011, 12:28 PM
was he brought here as trade bait for a push for Howard?? The Mavs were granted permission to talk to him!

icu812
12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
was he brought here as trade bait for a push for Howard?? The Mavs were granted permission to talk to him!

No, bc he can't be traded again for so many months. Howard said he wanted to go to either NJ, Dallas, LA (in that order). I think Dallas knew they didn't have the pieces for Howard and got Odom for basically nothing (a future pick and the TPE aquired in the Chander s-n-t). That takes the Mavs basically out of the running for Howard (which is good for LA leaving it between LA & NJ) LA may have wanted the TPE to absorb one of Orlando's bad contracts. IMO, Dallas would rather have Howard go to LA than NJ. Dallas is targeting DWill from NJ (probably in 2012) so Howard going there wouldn't help that situation. Even if LA gets Howard they will be giving up Gasol & Bynum and likely more. Considering Odom is gone as well, LA will be weakened in the short term. Good job by Donnie and Cuban.