PDA

View Full Version : Will Navasota HC Lee Fedora follow his brother to North Carolina?

Milk That Cow
12-10-2011, 10:19 PM
I know he didn't follow him to Southern Miss, but UNC is a step up...

What Say You Rattlers?

OldBison75
12-10-2011, 10:45 PM
I think he stays put in Navasota. He has a goal to win a SC at the high school level and I don't think he will put that on hold yet.

cr180t
12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I think he stays put in Navasota. He has a goal to win a SC at the high school level and I don't think he will put that on hold yet.

Do you guys have a lot of returners?

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Do you guys have a lot of returners?

This year was supposed to have been Navasota's "down" year and we went 11-2. We will lose some good players, but we will return alot (7-8 I believe) on both sides of the ball including our QB, 3-4 WRs, 1 of our RBs. Not to mention a JV that loss once and a freshmen and 8th grade team that went undefeated.

Yoe_09
12-11-2011, 12:58 AM
No doubt that Navasota will be very solid for many years to come. I wish we had you guys scheduled for next year but right now I don't think we do.

HawkEye
12-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Unless he is the head coach at Bryan High next year...I hear rumblings he is interested in taking on the Viking program.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Unless he is the head coach at Bryan High next year...I hear rumblings he is interested in taking on the Viking program.

We shall see.

cr180t
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I would think if he left he would leave for NC not Bryan. He has done a great job @Navasota.

YTBulldogs
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Time to take his skills to a higher ($$$) level.

HawkEye
12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I would think if he left he would leave for NC not Bryan. He has done a great job @Navasota.

Bryan High will pay close to 100K and it is a 5A program that needs a spark. They are down at moment, but with the right guy they can get back to their winning ways. Bryan has always had talent.

zebrablue2
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I know he didn't follow him to Southern Miss, but UNC is a step up...

What Say You Rattlers?

Brahmas say NO!!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Bryan High will pay close to 100K and it is a 5A program that needs a spark. They are down at moment, but with the right guy they can get back to their winning ways. Bryan has always had talent.

For some reason, I don't think it's about the money.

HawkEye
12-12-2011, 09:36 AM
For some reason, I don't think it's about the money.

Agreed. But at some point I think Fedora wants to produce on the largest stage. He has been a wildly successful 2A and 3A coach at three different schools. To some extent, all great coaches are a little ego-centric. You have to be to successful. He has proven he can go three rounds deep continually with the Rattlers. At some point he will move on to the next challenge. Bryan needs a strong, discipled leader like Fedora. Only the future will tell whether he is drawn away to the next challenge, or he is going to finish what he started in Navasota. We as fans are winners either way.

Red&White_9x5
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
You have to strike while the iron is hot. IMO, if he has the desire to move up, going with his brother is a no brainer. Just like everything else in life, it's a chance and a crapshoot, but he may not get this kind of opportunity again. Look at Chad Morris, he took the leap and went to Tulsa, had success and now he is one of the hottest coordinator names in the country at Clemson. I think he goes to NC, unless he has no desire to coach at the collegiate level.

cr180t
12-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Chad Morris is one of the highest paid assistant coaches right now. Just got a new contract

Old Tiger
12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Bryan High will pay close to 100K and it is a 5A program that needs a spark. They are down at moment, but with the right guy they can get back to their winning ways. Bryan has always had talent.Navasota has better athletes than Bryan High. Fedora likes the small town atmosphere in my opinion. I do believe once he does win a state title he will go team up with his brother. I think he wants to build his own reputation and not have to live in his brothers shadow.

Red&White_9x5
12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Navasota has better athletes than Bryan High.

I have a very hard time believing this statement. I know that Navasota has had more success than Bryan, but I have a feeling that the hallways at Bryan High are full of athletes, it is just a matter of getting them out and getting the program going.

HEMOTOXIC
12-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I have a very hard time believing this statement. I know that Navasota has had more success than Bryan, but I have a feeling that the hallways at Bryan High are full of athletes, it is just a matter of getting them out and getting the program going.

More students, but Bryan High lost alot to Rudder when it comes to the athelets.

We will see what happens.

Old Tiger
12-12-2011, 04:24 PM
I have a very hard time believing this statement. I know that Navasota has had more success than Bryan, but I have a feeling that the hallways at Bryan High are full of athletes, it is just a matter of getting them out and getting the program going.Don't doubt Navasota....Bryan has the basketball athletes but Navasota has the footballers.