PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Trophy

3afan
12-10-2011, 08:26 PM
rg3 !!!

Emerson1
12-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Who would have thought we were watching a Heisman winner 4 years ago?

3afan
12-10-2011, 09:46 PM
not me

CenTexSports
12-10-2011, 10:00 PM
I was the headlinesman in his first game at Floyd Casey (I think). CC played Midway there his senior year. The week before he had been ejected from the game for either fighting or USM conduct.

He has really matured and anybody that saw him tonight could not help but be impressed by this man.

On a side note: Art Briles will never be worth more as a coach than he is now. I really thought he might leverage this to another position (higher paying). I hope his staying goes well for Baylor but this was a perfect storm. RG3 at his peak, other powerhouses in mediocore mode, and no senior standouts vying for the Heisman.

sahen
12-11-2011, 03:07 AM
We just gave Briles an extension at 2.5 million a year...only big 12 coaches making more are stoops and mack brown...so he did leverage it into more money...this is a shock to many but baylor doesnt lose coaches for money reasons...actually since i have followed baylor we havent lost any head coaches that we wanted to keep to another school and that is saying something considering how good all our other sports are...

Briles also has an excellent track record of recruiting and developing QBs...he recruited Kolb, Keenum, and Griffin...developed Kolb and Griffin...all 3 will be in the NFL....that is pretty impressive...if im a talented highschool QB i would definitely give Baylor a look...

LionFan72
12-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Congrats to RGIII! Absolutely the most talented athlete of the 5 on stage. Congrats on also in order for Art Briles and the Baylor program, it is not easy to win a Heisman, especially from a Central Texas area with limited national exposure. Just goes to prove how much talent this young man has!

NastySlot
12-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Briles also has an excellent track record of recruiting and developing QBs...he recruited Kolb, Keenum, and Griffin...developed Kolb and Griffin...all 3 will be in the NFL....that is pretty impressive...if im a talented highschool QB i would definitely give Baylor a look...

florence came off the bench to play in the second half v. Tech and showed a lot of promise.

Daddy D 11
12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Next year Florence is going to blow peoples doors off. 2012 will be the year that EVERYONE finally sees how great of coach Art Briles is. This year, Robert has overshadowed that. Next year Art is going to open everyones eyes with what we have returning/coming in.

BaseballUmp
12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Who was it a few weeks ago talking about RGIII and his baggage and character issues???

Emerson1
12-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Coach said he would take a healthy Jerrod Johnson and Tannehill over RGIII last year. Neck 06 would take that twice on Sundays. Red Bull's expert analysis said Griffin was just a track star in a football uniform. I'm sure their opinions have changed since last year though.

Looking4number8
12-12-2011, 08:21 AM
2012 will be the year that EVERYONE finally sees how great of coach Art Briles is.

Stephenville and Brownwood people found that out in the 90's when he turned Sville from a doormat to a powerhouse. Briles has proved himself as a top notch coach at every level

LionFan72
12-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Who was it a few weeks ago talking about RGIII and his baggage and character issues???

It was me, and I hope that I am wrong, or was given bad information! Thank you. Only time will tell. And there was no character issues involved, just baggage. Stick to the facts!

3afan
12-14-2011, 07:18 AM
what baggage?

BaseballUmp
12-14-2011, 09:55 AM
I think RGIII is a very capable athlete, but like many these days, he carries a lot of baggage behind the scenes and most revolves around attitude. On the field he is very astute, off the field not so much. Whomever drafts him better do their homework, unless they want another TO or Ocho Cinco circus to deal with.

Outstanding game yesterday over Oklahoma, Congrats to RGIII and Briles on an amazing game!

Attitude, character issues, whatever same stuff

LionFan72
12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Attitude, character issues, whatever same stuff

We'll see, whatever in your blind mind.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Go RGIII