PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M hiring Sumlin

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Haven't seen a post about it, but it's a done deal.

zebrablue2
12-10-2011, 10:47 AM

I do hope they get him to sign the contract, just saying...:D

SouthTexas Lobo
12-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Just saying A&M needs a defensive coach, Sumlin great offensive mind, and even a greater individual. Houston's defensive was better this year, but in Sumlin's tenure defense hasnt been their strength. Hope it works out for the Aggies.

LionFan72
12-10-2011, 11:28 AM

Hope your not embarrassed by your proclamation, but I suspect you may be.......................

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Not exactly thrilled....

Phil C
12-10-2011, 12:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7337943/texas-aggies-hire-houston-cougar-kevin-sumlin-source-says

BEAST
12-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Not exactly thrilled....

I think he'll do a fine job. It's all going to come down to which coaches he hires.

BEAST

BEAST
12-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Is this in fact a done deal? I havent seen it on the news or in the papers.

BEAST

MGAR
12-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Is this in fact a done deal? I havent seen it on the news or in the papers.

BEAST

https://p.twimg.com/AgeuAmFCEAAeN88.jpg

BEAST
12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AgeuAmFCEAAeN88.jpg

I suppose that answers my question.

BEAST

Saggy Aggie
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I suppose that answers my question.

BEAST lol it was a done deal 2 days ago

hookandladder
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I think he'll do a fine job. It's all going to come down to which coaches he hires.

BEAST

I fished this last weekend with a guy who played OL at Houston with Case and he said the Ass. coaches are the ones that made UH what it is today, Sumlin not so much. Just relaying what he told me, he said Good Luck to the aggies and also said the UH OC told him he would not go with Sumlin to aggieland.

BEAST
12-12-2011, 03:38 PM
lol it was a done deal 2 days ago

Ive been deer hunting all weekend with my sons. Wasnt really in the loop.

BEAST

vet93
12-12-2011, 04:53 PM
When I was in High School I was blessed with some wonderful assistant coaches. Case Keenum's dad, Jon Rhiddlehoover and others. They molded us into a team that was 23-2-1 in my last two years. They did much of the handson coaching. They were not only coaches, but mentors and later in life became friends. Our head coach was a little aloof, more of a CEO type. He did not do too much of the hands on stuff, especially for a 3a program. The head coach was Randy Allen. Using the same criteria as that UL lineman, Coach Allen would not be able to take much credit for the turnaround in Ballinger. Of course he went on to do a fair job at Brownwood, completely turned around his alma mater Abilene Cooper and won a state championship at Highland Park. The ability to assemble a quality staff, motivate/mentor them and run a solid overall program is more important for a head coach that alot of the handson x's and o's type of stuff. I think that the player should give Sumlin a little more credit for the job he has done and there is no reason to believe that he won't be able to assemble a quality staff for Texas A&M as well. I wish UofH the best as well.

ADKargyleTCU12
12-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Don't understand the firing of Sherman in the first place but this was a good hire considering the fire. Good luck getting blasted in the SEC, Aggies.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Don't understand the firing of Sherman in the first place but this was a good hire considering the fire. Good luck getting blasted in the SEC, Aggies.

Really??? They lost liek 5 games after leading at halftime. Had an amazing stable of talent. IMO coaching was more to do with the losses than anything.