PDA

View Full Version : Sinton non-district football schedule

YTBulldogs
12-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Those who might know, has the Pirates 2012/2013 non-district schedule been set yet?

Red&White_9x5
12-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I am sure that Sinton like most schools have games penciled in for all non district weeks, but nothing can be finalized until after realignment comes out in February. A lot of times realignment doesn't mess with any of those penciled in games and sometimes it changes all of them. So you probably won't hear anything for another couple of months on scheduling unless they pick up a lot of teams from far away or from different classifications that they are certain realignment won't affect.

YTBulldogs
12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
I am sure that Sinton like most schools have games penciled in for all non district weeks, but nothing can be finalized until after realignment comes out in February. A lot of times realignment doesn't mess with any of those penciled in games and sometimes it changes all of them. So you probably won't hear anything for another couple of months on scheduling unless they pick up a lot of teams from far away or from different classifications that they are certain realignment won't affect.

Aware of that, didn't know if Sinton has set opponents year in and year out. Baring not being in the same district after alignment.

YTBulldogs
12-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Does Sinton host a baseball tourney? I assume so with that facility. If so, when is it held?

pirate4state
12-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Does Sinton host a baseball tourney? I assume so with that facility. If so, when is it held? The facility will only be in its 2nd year. We do not host a tourney.

YTBulldogs
12-09-2011, 11:40 AM
The facility will only be in its 2nd year. We do not host a tourney.

Awww heck. I could see the likes of Calallen and some other big names playing in it. Yoakum is loaded this year and along with the LaGrange Tourney, sure like the Dog's to see how they stack up at a solid tourney some place else.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Awww heck. I could see the likes of Calallen and some other big names playing in it. Yoakum is loaded this year and along with the LaGrange Tourney, sure like the Dog's to see how they stack up at a solid tourney some place else.Calallen Tourney or Corpus Christi Mira Tourney are good challenges, those tourneys are loaded with 5a and 4a schools. Sinton and Robstown are usually the only 3a teams that get to enter the Calallen tourney, although Cuero did enter it two years ago and went 0-5.

YTBulldogs
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Calallen Tourney or Corpus Christi Mira Tourney are good challenges, those tourneys are loaded with 5a and 4a schools. Sinton and Robstown are usually the only 3a teams that get to enter the Calallen tourney, although Cuero did enter it two years ago and went 0-5.

Hey, thanks for this info SFinA.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
The facility will only be in its 2nd year. We do not host a tourney.i think i only remember one year Sinton hosting a tourney or it might had been a jv tournament.

YTBulldogs
12-09-2011, 12:03 PM
i think i only remember one year Sinton hosting a tourney or it might had been a jv tournament.

Boy, with that place they call home now, it could be a major tourney. The way they hosted football playoff's, it would be a big success I'm sure.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Boy, with that place they call home now, it could be a major tourney. The way they hosted football playoff's, it would be a big success I'm sure.They already hosted some big playoff games last season, 5a matchup between McAllen and Laredo(Valley teams coming this way to play in it), both teams at one point were rank in top 5 in 5a. couple of 4a games, Gregory Portland played their game here instead of their home park in a playoff game that was home-home series. Calallen packed the baseball park in their playoff game and Sinton also hosted Columbia vs Zapata and Robstown overflowed the baseball park in their game against Columbia estimated well over 3k fans.

The baseball field was put to good use in the playoffs last season.

YTBulldogs
12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
They already hosted some big playoff games last season, 5a matchup between McAllen and Laredo(Valley teams coming this way to play in it), both teams at one point were rank in top 5 in 5a. couple of 4a games, Gregory Portland played their game here instead of their home park in a playoff game that was home-home series. Calallen packed the baseball park in their playoff game and Sinton also hosted Columbia vs Zapata and Robstown overflowed the baseball park in their game against Columbia estimated well over 3k fans.

The baseball field was put to good use in the playoffs last season.

Nice, Sinton has it going on for sure. Good job.

pirate4state
12-09-2011, 12:31 PM
i think i only remember one year Sinton hosting a tourney or it might had been a jv tournament.

Yeah, they have hosted mini F/JV tournaments.

With our little league facilities I think we could & should host tourneys, but with CC & Calallen already hosting tourneys -- we would have to host pretty early on in the season in place of the Pleasanton tourney.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Rio Hondo poster mention Sinton will be on their schedule next year.

hookandladder
12-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Awww heck. I could see the likes of Calallen and some other big names playing in it. Yoakum is loaded this year and along with the LaGrange Tourney, sure like the Dog's to see how they stack up at a solid tourney some place else.

Well you definitely will not find out how you stack up in your tourney or Weimar, I do not know why we keep playing in those tourney's. It does absolutely no good for a decent team to play in them, wasted trip. Who did you lose from last years team, is your 1st baseman back or is he gone.