PDA

View Full Version : Rumors: Prince Fielder to Texas??

Cam
12-09-2011, 10:06 AM
What are the possibilities? I'm hearing alot of talk about this..

YTBulldogs
12-09-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm hearing the Cards. But, I also hear the Cards are happy saving some money for a few years and letting Berkman handle 1b for a few years while they pocket the savings.

Red&White_9x5
12-09-2011, 10:11 AM
That would be nice, especially with what their AL West counterparts pulled off yesterday. Prince Fielder and some pitching would be huge for the Rangers

waterboy
12-09-2011, 10:23 AM
I would like to see Prince Fielder be a Ranger, but their immediate need right now is starting pitching. I'm not sure they have a rotation that can be consistent, and they definitely need a number 1 guy in the rotation, and maybe even a better number 2 guy. I'm not sure that anyone on the Rangers staff can fit those roles. I know they are going to have to do something major to keep pace with the Angels. There's plenty of time to get that done, though.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Our offense is okay. We need starting pitching.

waterboy
12-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Our offense is okay. We need starting pitching.
It never "hurts" to have another big bat if the Rangers can afford it, but I'm with you as far as the starting pitching. For the better part of four decades, the Rangers always had an awesome offense, but had mediocre pitching at best. The success of the Rangers since Jon Daniels took over centered on changing the mindset to pitching, and that trend should continue. I DO hope they can land Prince Fielder, though!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Our offense is okay. We need starting pitching.Pitching is there, its just hasn't been consistant. Last year Harrison, Ogando and Holland pitched like aces on a few occassions and looked terrible other times. Those 3 can put it together they can carry the load.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fielder in that Ranger potent offense and see him try and hit one above the homerun porch :)

skins4life
12-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Didn't they sign some big time closer and start talking about moving Feliz to the rotation.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Pitching is there, its just hasn't been consistant. Last year Harrison, Ogando and Holland pitched like aces on a few occassions and looked terrible other times. Those 3 can put it together they can carry the load.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fielder in that Ranger potent offense and see him try and hit one above the homerun porch :)

I'd like a bit more of a known commodity. Whose our #1?

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2011, 03:15 PM

I think Texas will see how the rotation plays out first half of season then make any moves needed at All star break unless something just is a no brainer until season starts

CelinaCatFan
12-09-2011, 05:35 PM
The Rangers signed Joe Nathan to serve in the Closer role. As a result, Feliz is moving to the rotation.

The Rangers have inquired about Matt Garza, Prince Fielder, and Yu Darvish. If we somehow get those 3, watch out!

zebrablue2
12-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Would love to see a Prince in a Rangers uni!!!

Buckeye1980
12-10-2011, 05:30 AM

Why all the talk about needing a #1 starter? The Rangers have 5 quality starters, that is what you need, a #1 starter is only the #1 starter one time (opening day) then he is just another spot in the rotation