PDA

View Full Version : Some sources are saying that Petersen to A&M...

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Is close if they can agree on $

Emerson1
12-08-2011, 11:44 AM
At this point money shouldn't be an issue for A&M.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2011, 11:45 AM
What sources? Where are you hearing this?

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:46 AM
What sources? Where are you hearing this?

They're saying a guy named John Granato that has a radio show in Houston, I think. I'm not familiar with that name.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
They're saying a guy named John Granato that has a radio show in Houston, I think. I'm not familiar with that name.

TexAgs is saying this?

And thanks, I'm a nerd about this stuff I'll start digging lol

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
TexAgs is saying this?

And thanks, I'm a nerd about this stuff I'll start digging lol

yes, texags.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 11:51 AM
one of the hang ups is how much Sherman should get..they are about 3 mill apart on what his buyout should be

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
one of the hang ups is how much Sherman should get..they are about 3 mill apart on what his buyout should be

Yeah, that could very well be true. However, if the Aggies truly have petersen's ear and they don't step up and pay the man, then that shows me they are not serious about playing with the big boys. Rumor is $4 million per will get it done. That's the price of doing business.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, that could very well be true. However, if the Aggies truly have petersen's ear and they don't step up and pay the man, then that shows me they are not serious about playing with the big boys. Rumor is $4 million per will get it done. That's the price of doing business.

agree 100%..I just got off phone with a Aggie booster and he said the big paying boosters have already been contacted to help pay the Sherman buy out and be ready to help with the Petersen deal

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:58 AM
agree 100%..I just got off phone with a Aggie booster and he said the big paying boosters have already been contacted to help pay the Sherman buy out and be ready to help with the Petersen deal

Wow. Gee, I sure wish people were calling me because I'm a big money booster. :)

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Wow. Gee, I sure wish people were calling me because I'm a big money booster. :)

LOL u might be next on calling list..hey Mac would please pay the 10 lunch today for Petersen

bigwood33
12-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Yea, that would be a tough problem to deal with...but I'm willing to try :wave:

movethechain
12-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Be very careful what you wish for. If you were a big money booster, there would be WAY TOO MANY people calling and asking for help. :)

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
LOL u might be next on calling list..hey Mac would please pay the 10 lunch today for Petersen

I could handle lunch, but that's about it!

1st and goal
12-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I'll cover the tip from lunch.

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Some more interesting developments. Rumors that Mark Richt interviewed with A&M today and the Petersen rumors are gaining more and more momentum.

poisoned10
12-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Peterson from TCU?

NastySlot
12-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Peterson from TCU?

petersen=boise state

patterson=tcu

poisoned10
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM
petersen=boise state

patterson=tcu

:doh:

Z-RO
12-08-2011, 05:50 PM
At this point money shouldn't be an issue for A&M.

How do you figure that? They owe Sherman several millions (number is going to be closer to what he is saying they ow him) and a large B12 buy out as well. Throw in the fact that their athletic department is in shambles financially I would have to strongly disagree with you.

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Smoke is building.

Something along the lines of 5 years $4.25 million per year.

:)

Old Tiger
12-08-2011, 06:05 PM
how do you figure that? They owe sherman several millions (number is going to be closer to what he is saying they ow him) and a large b12 buy out as well. Throw in the fact that their athletic department is in shambles financially i would have to strongly disagree with you.sec sec sec!

Emerson1
12-08-2011, 06:08 PM
How do you figure that? They owe Sherman several millions (number is going to be closer to what he is saying they ow him) and a large B12 buy out as well. Throw in the fact that their athletic department is in shambles financially I would have to strongly disagree with you.
Because they still have alunni who are very rich. You don't think they are tired of sucking and realize that another crappy coach will spell even more doom in the SEC?

Old Tiger
12-08-2011, 06:20 PM
For what its worth.

Geoff Ketchum
The name I just received from a connected Aggie? Mark Richt. I was told A&M has offered the job. We'll see...

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2011, 07:11 PM
PETERSEN!

But i'd be happy with Richt...

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 07:26 PM
PETERSEN!

But i'd be happy with Richt...

Either one would be a huge get!

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Either one would be a huge get!

sorry I dont think Richt would be a huge get

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 08:13 PM
sorry I dont think Richt would be a huge get

7 ten win seasons and 2 sec titles not good enough?

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
7 ten win seasons and 2 sec titles not good enough? +1

I think Richt would be a great hire.

The guy recruits pretty darn well too. Lots of NFL talent on those Georgia teams. Think he'd be a good fit here in CS, IF he chose to leave Georgia.

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
It's richt.

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2011, 11:19 PM
link?

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:27 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Georgia-s-Richt-enters-A-amp-M-coaching-discussion-2391067.php

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2011, 11:31 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Georgia-s-Richt-enters-A-amp-M-coaching-discussion-2391067.php so what about this article makes you think 'its Richt."???

I see more rumors, nothing concrete.

Could be playing A&M just to get a better deal with UGA

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I just think if it were sumlin, it would have happened first part of he week and there's rumors that petersen declined.

Old Tiger
12-08-2011, 11:35 PM
I just think if it were sumlin, it would have happened first part of he week and there's rumors that petersen declined.Because Petersen knows he is going to be at Texas in 2013 or 2014. This could be Richt leveraging Georgia once again to give him more security.

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2011, 11:39 PM
This could be Richt leveraging Georgia once again to give him more security. its not like i just said that or anything lol

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Because Petersen knows he is going to be at Texas in 2013 or 2014. This could be Richt leveraging Georgia once again to give him more security.

That's possible.

I've heard that about petersen and UT. Where does that come from? Has that been reported or is it more message board banter?

Daddy D 11
12-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Richt would leave the SEC East to go to the.... (wait for it).... SEC West? Get over yourself Ags.

Sounds to me like you fired a coach you shouldn't have and now your candidates keep turning the job down?
Maybe these candidates see all the things I've been trying to tell you guys? (Nah, that CAN'T be it).

Old Tiger
12-08-2011, 11:52 PM
its not like i just said that or anything lolYour opinion on here does not matter, thanks.

Old Tiger
12-08-2011, 11:52 PM
That's possible.

I've heard that about petersen and UT. Where does that come from? Has that been reported or is it more message board banter?Level 2 source. lol

Daddy D 11
12-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Essentially the message that has been sent to the coaching world from TAMU is this: Even if you're 27-23, or 25-25 after your fourth season, we will still fire your ass. Mix that in with the SEC West and there you go Aggies.

What you get is coaches across the country going "Uhh I'll listen, but no thanks."

Old Tiger
12-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Essentially the message that has been sent to the coaching world from TAMU is this: Even if you're 27-23, or 25-25 after your fourth season, we will still fire your ass. Mix that in with the SEC West and there you go Aggies.

What you get is coaches across the country going "Uhh I'll listen, but no thanks."Not to mention losing pretty much all the talent the team has.

Michael
Gray
Fuller
Tanny
Swope
some weak defenses players who were experienced.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2011, 12:00 AM
I think Swope returns?

Old Tiger
12-09-2011, 12:02 AM
I think Swope returns?Not if he's smart

Z-RO
12-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Because they still have alunni who are very rich. You don't think they are tired of sucking and realize that another crappy coach will spell even more doom in the SEC?

So why haven't those rich pockets bailed out the program thus far?

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 07:05 AM

What you get is coaches across the country going "Uhh I'll listen, but no thanks."

Um, going .500 after 4 years should get you fired! Would UT be okay with a coach that goes .500 over 4 years?

What a dumb post.

87 TIGER
12-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Not if he's smartwell he is an aggie

rancher
12-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Any smoke at Aggieland this morning. Im hearing Ritche and Peterson with Sumlin falling behind. The Bulldogs are saying the coach is not going anywhere. We need closure and a winning coach. I guess the Larry and Lee show is going East.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Sounds like Petersen declined. Nothing definitive on richt

rancher
12-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Reading now that the Richt talk is heating up and legitimate. Is this a contract extension ploy by Richt or is he serious about leaving. Word from Georgia is let him go and bring Kriby Smart back home as the Head Coach.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Reading now that the Richt talk is heating up and legitimate. Is this a contract extension ploy by Richt or is he serious about leaving. Word from Georgia is let him go and bring Kriby Smart back home as the Head Coach.

Hard to tell. YOu would like to think he's not just using them for an extension but it's happened before.

I don't think Petersen did it for those reasons. I think he's a genuine guy and had some legitimate interest, but his family is really entrenched in Boise.

BEAST
12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
I would like to see Richt. I think that would be a huge get.

BEAST

big daddy russ
12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Not to mention losing pretty much all the talent the team has.

Michael
Gray
Fuller
Tanny
Swope
some weak defenses players who were experienced.
Two of those five are juniors.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Um, going .500 after 4 years should get you fired! Would UT be okay with a coach that goes .500 over 4 years?

What a dumb post.

Bill Snyder was 18-26 his first 4 seasons at Kansas State
Gary Pinkel was 22-25 his first 4 seasons at Mizzou
Mike Gundy was 18-19 his first 3 at Oklahoma State
Frank Beamer was 17-26 his first four at Virginia Tech
Saban was 25-22 his first four seasons at Michigan State

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Bill snyder was 18-26 his first 4 seasons at Kansas State
Gary Pinkel was 22-2 his first 4 seasons at Mizzou
Mike Gunday was 18-19 his first 3 at Oklahoma State
Frank Beamer was 17-26 his first four at Virginia Tech
Saban was 25-22 his first four seasons at Michigan State

YOu bring up a few examples of guys that have proven to be very good coaches. For everyone of your Frank Beamers or Nick Saban's, I can show you litteraly hundreds of others that flamed out.

Let me ask you this...Tell me how many universities you think are making calls to Mike Sherman right now?

Daddy D 11
12-09-2011, 10:39 AM
YOu bring up a few examples of guys that have proven to be very good coaches. For everyone of your Frank Beamers or Nick Saban's, I can show you litteraly hundreds of others that flamed out.

Let me ask you this...Tell me how many universities you think are making calls to Mike Sherman right now?

Show me the list of the flame outs then? And yes, I'm expecting a 100+ names on it.

NFL franchises sure are calling Sherman?

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Show me the list of the flame outs then? And yes, I'm expecting a 100+ names on it.

NFL franchises sure are calling Sherman?

That's because Sherman is a good NFL coach. He was not a good coach at A&M. It's a different animal.

Old Tiger
12-09-2011, 10:44 AM

Frank Beamers first 5 seasons his overall record was 23-29-1.

His 6th year VTech was 2-8-1

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Frank Beamers first 5 seasons his overall record was 23-29-1.

His 6th year VTech was 2-8-1

KSU was so horribly bad that going .500 there was actually a huge acomplishment. AGain, Beamer is a good example; I never said it hasn't worked. I just simply said for everyone of those examples, I think there are many more that don't work.

Neither of you have answered my question, yet.

Would UT accept .500 over 4 years? Especially given the resources at Sherman's disposal.

Hal Mumme
Steve Kragthorpe
Curley Hallman
Joe Krivak
Randy Shannon
Bobby Williams
Ed Ogeron
Rocky Felker
Charlie Weis
John Blake
Sparky Woods
Greg Robinson
David McWilliams
Jerry Moore
Watson Brown

If I had the time I really could come up with many more.

Old Tiger
12-09-2011, 10:59 AM
KSU was so horribly bad that going .500 there was actually a huge acomplishment. AGain, Beamer is a good example; I never said it hasn't worked. I just simply said for everyone of those examples, I think there are many more that don't work.

Would UT accept .500 over 4 years? Especially given the resources at Sherman's disposal.

Hal Mumme
Steve Kragthorpe
Curley Hallman
Joe Krivak
Randy Shannon
Bobby Williams
Ed Ogeron
Rocky Felker
Charlie Weis
John Blake
Sparky Woods
Greg Robinson
David McWilliams
Jerry Moore
Watson Brown

If I had the time I really could come up with many more.IMO it has to do with people wanting results immediately and not seeing what talent they have or lack there of in a lot of cases on the current team. Some programs are so arrogant they think they have the talent and everything else to have instant succes. At A&M they had the talent this year on offense but their defensive talent was average at best. Sherm was getting the recruiting turned around and had the building blocks set in place to develope that talent. But lack of patience with high ranking staff leads to bigger turnover in coaching.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 11:23 AM
IMO it has to do with people wanting results immediately and not seeing what talent they have or lack there of in a lot of cases on the current team. Some programs are so arrogant they think they have the talent and everything else to have instant succes. At A&M they had the talent this year on offense but their defensive talent was average at best. Sherm was getting the recruiting turned around and had the building blocks set in place to develope that talent. But lack of patience with high ranking staff leads to bigger turnover in coaching.

Well, reasonable people can disagree. I agree with you that, as a society, our desire for instand results is not a good thing. However, there were real signs of problems that went way beyond wins and losses. Sherman is a good man and did do a good job recruiting. However, there was simply no excuse for some of the losses. Again, he has a .500 record and a losing record in Big 12 play. If you take out the 3 or 4 pre-conference cream puff games every team plays, his record is much worse than .500.

I don't think the Aggies should be considered arrogant to expect better than .500.

Old Tiger
12-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Well, reasonable people can disagree. I agree with you that, as a society, our desire for instand results is not a good thing. However, there were real signs of problems that went way beyond wins and losses. Sherman is a good man and did do a good job recruiting. However, there was simply no excuse for some of the losses. Again, he has a .500 record and a losing record in Big 12 play. If you take out the 3 or 4 pre-conference cream puff games every team plays, his record is much worse than .500.

I don't think the Aggies should be considered arrogant to expect better than .500.The main problem under Sherman is that he was getting out recruited by Texas, OU, and a few other schools on the top in state defensive talent. The main recruiting problem for the Aggies was on the defensive line. Everyone they thought they could get for 2-3 years ended up elsewhere. He was having to rely on guys that were passed up by those schools on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone knew that the offensive talent would go play under Sherm but doubted the defensive talent willingness to go there.

I think Art Briles recruiting ability at Baylor has a lot do with it too. They are getting some of the athletes that A&M usually gets forcing A&M to have to go further down the totem pole of recruits.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Hal Mumme
Steve Kragthorpe
Curley Hallman
Joe Krivak
Randy Shannon
Bobby Williams
Ed Ogeron
Rocky Felker
Charlie Weis
John Blake
Sparky Woods
Greg Robinson
David McWilliams
Jerry Moore
Watson Brown

If I had the time I really could come up with many more.

Very nice list there!

And I'm not too sure about the UT question, it's hard to answer considering the Longhorns haven't sucked like the Aggies have for the past two decades? But who knows, we might find out if Mack goes two more years at 500?

But....that would get back to my whole point on that other thread. That: UT has actually been on top and Austin knows it can be done there successfully for extended amounts of time. Firing a coach that underperformed is justified considering the bar has actually been set higher, specially really recently. That just is not the case at A&M.

We can argue all day about whether Sherman should have been fired or not, but it seems to me no matter where you go the people outside of College Station respected the hell out of Sherman and saw the great things he was doing. But the emotion inside of College Station blinded the Aggie fan-base from those things and now you're about to probably settle on Sumlin and IMO that just isn't an upgrade at all from the positive things Sherman was doing. The fanbase is definitely not going to be thrilled that the administration risked all this uncertainty and turmoil to hire a coach that doesn't really elevate y'alls chances too terribly much, if any.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2011, 11:31 AM
The main problem under Sherman is that he was getting out recruited by Texas, OU, and a few other schools on the top in state defensive talent. He was having to rely on guys that were passed up by those schools on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone knew that the offensive talent would go play under Sherm but doubted the defensive talent willingness to go there.

Getting out-recruited has been a problem for any Aggie coach though. BUT THE NEXT GUY WILL FIX THAT PROBLEM BRO.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Richt is already talking with UGA about contract extensions, Aggies. You guys were just used and abused, or it was merely rumors? Either way you ain't getting Richt.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Very nice list there!

And I'm not too sure about the UT question, it's hard to answer considering the Longhorns haven't sucked like the Aggies have for the past two decades? But who knows, we might find out if Mack goes two more years at 500?

Depends on what your cutoff is. McWilliams was on my list above. You also seem to forget A&M's domination of UT during the late 80s through the mid 90s. And let's not forget RC won a Big 12 Championship, too. The Fran situation set the program back, but saying that the Aggies have sucked for two decades is just flat out wrong.

But....that would get back to my whole point on that other thread. That: UT has actually been on top and Austin knows it can be done there successfully for extended amounts of time. Firing a coach that underperformed is justified considering the bar has actually been set higher, specially really recently. That just is not the case at A&M.

How old are you? You seem to either have a short memory or your too young to know history.

We can argue all day about whether Sherman should have been fired or not, but it seems to me no matter where you go the people outside of College Station respected the hell out of Sherman and saw the great things he was doing. But the emotion inside of College Station blinded the Aggie fan-base from those things and now you're about to probably settle on Sumlin and IMO that just isn't an upgrade at all from the positive things Sherman was doing. The fanbase is definitely not going to be thrilled that the administration risked all this uncertainty and turmoil to hire a coach that doesn't really elevate y'alls chances too terribly much, if any.

Why are those folks 'outside' of College Station not calling Sherman to run their college program?

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Richt is already talking with UGA about contract extensions, Aggies. You guys were just used and abused, or it was merely rumors? Either way you ain't getting Richt.

Maybe, but there was talk of him working on an extension a couple of weeks ago so I don't think that's anything new.

RMAC
12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Delete some msgs Mac.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Depends on what your cutoff is. McWilliams was on my list above. You also seem to forget A&M's domination of UT during the late 80s through the mid 90s. And let's not forget RC won a Big 12 Championship, too. The Fran situation set the program back, but saying that the Aggies have sucked for two decades is just flat out wrong.

How old are you? You seem to either have a short memory or your too young to know history.

Why are those folks 'outside' of College Station not calling Sherman to run their college program?

Aggies have only two 10 win seasons in the past eighteen years. In ten of those seasons they couldn't even win more than seven games.
So no, I am not wrong. The past two decades the Aggies have sucked.

The people I referred to were not administration at other institutions. They were just the general public around the state of Texas and even elsewhere.

BEAST
12-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Mac, what are you hearing now.

BEAST

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Aggies have only two 10 win seasons in the past eighteen years. In ten of those seasons they couldn't even win more than seven games.
So no, I am not wrong. The past two decades the Aggies have sucked.

The people I referred to were not administration at other institutions. They were just the general public around the state of Texas and even elsewhere.

Ha Ha, you are such a joke. I notice you stopped at 18 years. I wonder why?

Could it be that if you went back say 21 years it would have included another 3 10 win seasons and 3 conf championships? What a joke.

If you can't see past the last 10 years or so, then you provide nothing substanative to the conversation.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Mac, what are you hearing now.

BEAST

Who knows. Lots of rumors but nothing concrete. Some say Petersen is not out of it. Someone posted a tweet from a Georgia reporter that said Richt and his AD had a lunch appointment that was cancelled. NO reason given. There was even one rumor that Chip Kelly is not not out of the picture. One thing is for sure, the A&M athletic department found out who the leak was on the Sherman firing and they shut that person's mouth because there hasn't been a peep.

I think they're handling it the right way. I think it was the DAllas paper that was critical of them not having the next coach already lined up. However, that's exactly what they did on the last two hires and that didn't work out so well. You can't have it both ways.

They may not land any of these big fish, but they are at least taking a big swing. You never know if one of the big guys would say yes unless you ask.

BEAST
12-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Who knows. Lots of rumors but nothing concrete. Some say Petersen is not out of it. Someone posted a tweet from a Georgia reporter that said Richt and his AD had a lunch appointment that was cancelled. NO reason given. There was even one rumor that Chip Kelly is not not out of the picture. One thing is for sure, the A&M athletic department found out who the leak was on the Sherman firing and they shut that person's mouth because there hasn't been a peep.

I think they're handling it the right way. I think it was the DAllas paper that was critical of them not having the next coach already lined up. However, that's exactly what they did on the last two hires and that didn't work out so well. You can't have it both ways.

They may not land any of these big fish, but they are at least taking a big swing. You never know if one of the big guys would say yes unless you ask.

I know a lot of folks will disagree with me about this, but if I were a major college coach, this job would grab my attention big time. Everything is in place to turn the program into a giant. Top notch facilities, great fan base, in a state with excellent recruits with border states that also have good recruits, and aTm is moving to the greatest football conference in the land.

BEAST

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 01:43 PM
I know a lot of folks will disagree with me about this, but if I were a major college coach, this job would grab my attention big time. Everything is in place to turn the program into a giant. Top notch facilities, great fan base, in a state with excellent recruits with border states that also have good recruits, and aTm is moving to the greatest football conference in the land.

BEAST

The A&M job is much more attractive that many folks, especially on this board, are giving it credit. The fact that Petersen, Richt and Chip Kelly would even entertain the idea given that they all have pretty good situations should tell you something. Coaches think that A&M is a place where you can have major success.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 02:00 PM
The A&M job is much more attractive that many folks, especially on this board, are giving it credit. The fact that Petersen, Richt and Chip Kelly would even entertain the idea given that they all have pretty good situations should tell you something. Coaches think that A&M is a place where you can have major success.

texags is saying decision has been made. Details being hammered out today. No word on who. Probably Sumlin.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Also, really weird that Tommy Tubberville's name started popping up on message boards late yesterday. I don't think that's realistic.

There's also a tweet out there that says a counter offer on the part of A&M has 'reopened' the door on Chris Petersen. However, I doubt that's the case.

Most likely Sumlin.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Rumors flying around twitter that it is NOT Sumlin.

BEAST
12-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Rumors flying around twitter that it is NOT Sumlin.

Then who is it damnit. The suspense is killing me.

BEAST

buff4ever
12-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Mac has been at this all day, he could have gotten more work done, then gone home and waited for outcome. It is driving me a little crazy, just want to know who we are rolling with at this point. I think it is a great job with a great opportunity, and hope we get the right guy.

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I know. Texags is going nuclear!

There is a lot of smoke around Richt. Supposidly he had a meeting today with the AD that was cancelled. That was reported by a reporter in Georgia on his twitter. Someone said Richt is in College Station.

As I mentioned earlier, there was a rumor about Tubberville getting a look. That one makes little sense to me, but oh well. And there was a tweet from someone around lunch that the Petersen option was not completely dead.

It's really kinda fun to follow the drama. I'm sure if I were an Aggy, I would be nervous as a cat!

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Mac has been at this all day, he could have gotten more work done, then gone home and waited for outcome. It is driving me a little crazy, just want to know who we are rolling with at this point. I think it is a great job with a great opportunity, and hope we get the right guy.

Well, it is Friday. :)

BEAST
12-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I have feeling Richt may be the one.

BEAST

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I have feeling Richt may be the one.

BEAST

That makes the most sense right now. Reports out of Houston are that Sumlin is on the practice field as we speak. Multiple reports have said it is NOT Sumlin. Richt is the most logical, as it looks RIGHT NOW.

coach
12-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Potatoes > peaches

Macarthur
12-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Potatoes > peaches

I would prob give the edge to potato, but peach does have an sec track record. Peach doesn't.

1st and goal
12-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I know the suspense is keeping people on edge, but I wish they'd take their time and kick some more tires. The opportunity to coach A&M should have many a coach salivating.

I liked Sherman, I just didn't like his win/loss record. Hindsight, I would've offered him a chance to step down voluntarily. I don't feel sorry for him (cuz he's rich). He did leave the program in great standing, keeping players in line and teaching them respect. Last year, I couldn't understand why he kept Jerrod J. in for so many games (while he had an obvious throwing problem). Only thing I can think of was, it was the "right" thing to do for Jerrod, giving him every opportunity to increase his stock. Fast forward to this year's UT game, I theorize that he kept throwing to Fuller for the same reason. Even the announcers could not understand why he wasn't throwing to Swopes more. 3 interceptions later, I think he might still be the coach had they not blown it.

I'd like to see Peterson get it. Also have to think that Fedora had something going on with UNC prior to this.