PDA

View Full Version : Texans to sign Garcia, Turk

HEMOTOXIC
12-06-2011, 06:13 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2011/12/texans-to-sign-garcia-to-replace-clemens/

Texans to sign Garcia, Turk

The Texans are going to sign quarterback Jeff Garcia and punter Matt Turk.

Garcia, 41, is replacing Kellen Clemens, who was placed on waivers today.

Garcia, who played for quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp at San Francisco, worked out for the Texans in each of the last two weeks. They wanted two veterans to play behind rookie T.J. Yates. Jake Delhomme was signed last week and was the No. 2 quarterback for Sunday’s 17-10 victory over Atlanta.

The Texans placed punter Brett Hartmann on injured reserve. He suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee during the Falcons game.

Turk, 43, was one of the punters who auditioned today. He punted for the Texans from 2007-2010. After last season, he signed with Jacksonville but was placed on waivers.

SHSBulldog00
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Good Moves IMO.

HEMOTOXIC
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Good Moves IMO.

I think so too... Atleast it doesn't hurt.

garciap77
12-06-2011, 06:25 PM
What??? nm

Manso/V8
12-06-2011, 07:49 PM
With Garcia and Turk on the roster, pre-game meals will now be at Luby's.

buff4ever
12-07-2011, 09:08 AM
With Garcia and Turk on the roster, pre-game meals will now be at Luby's.

Best pick ups they could prolly do in this situation, but funny luby's comment.

carter08
12-07-2011, 03:09 PM
turk is probably not the best punter we could have signed BUT he has experience holding on fg's for rackers, so good move because of that

waterboy
12-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Garcia? Really?!? I heard he had rotator cuff surgery on BOTH shoulders over the past two years! I didn't know he was a quarterback, either!

....oh, never mind, I thought y'all were talking about our very own garciap77!:wave:

garciap77
12-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Garcia? Really?!? I heard he had rotator cuff surgery on BOTH shoulders over the past two years! I didn't know he was a quarterback, either!

....oh, never mind, I thought y'all were talking about our very own garciap77!:wave:

Eso es lo que yo pensaba. Podría haber jugado mariscal de campo de Gilmer, pero mi oeste de Texas fue demasiado para los castaños de Indias!

waterboy
12-08-2011, 08:17 AM
:eek: :)Demasiado? Que hubiera sido el mariscal de campo más antiguo y el más lento en la historia de Buckeye!:)

garciap77
12-08-2011, 08:53 AM
:eek: :)Demasiado? Que hubiera sido el mariscal de campo más antiguo y el más lento en la historia de Buckeye!:)

Vamos muchacho de agua, usted sabe que habría sido el más rápido QB en el este de Texas. Otra cosa, sin embargo, Glimer habría tenido que cambiar su nombre por el de Bulldogs! Por cierto, Alvarado se va a dar a Chapel Hill una paliza! Escúchame, que pedo viejo!:D

waterboy
12-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Vamos muchacho de agua, usted sabe que habría sido el más rápido QB en el este de Texas. Otra cosa, sin embargo, Glimer habría tenido que cambiar su nombre por el de Bulldogs! Por cierto, Alvarado se va a dar a Chapel Hill una paliza! Escúchame, que pedo viejo!:D
Nope! We will always be the Buckeyes! It's a unique mascot that originated from a team we beat in the '20s by a score of 101-0. Tell me something......are you still fast even with slings on?:wave: You may be right about the winner, but I seriously doubt it'll be a beating. I wouldn't be surprised either way in that game. Both are good.