PDA

View Full Version : 2A Melissa Cardinals?

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Has anybody seen them play? I'm guessing they're the real deal given what they did to Daingerfield last week.

And what's up with the few towns in the area having female first names? I know there is a story behind it. I've just forgotten what it was.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 08:17 PM
named after a railroad exec..as is Anna, Texas

they also beat New Boston week before

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2011, 08:30 PM
named after a railroad exec..as is Anna, Texas

they also beat New Boston week before

That's right. I was thinking there was another town.

I guess that makes the decision easy then. I watched Muleshoe knock off Godley a few weeks ago. So, I know what they have. Looks like we'll have a good one in our backyard.

I thought about Monahans/Argyle. But, I'm betting that outcome resembles the 2004 semiifinals between Snyder and Gilmer.

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 08:31 PM
They won state 7on7 and Celina was afraid to play them, Let a little afternoon shower cancel their game!:taunt::D

bigwood33
12-05-2011, 10:15 PM
They won state 7on7 and Celina was afraid to play them, Let a little afternoon shower cancel their game!:taunt::D
:stirpot:ing are we?
I don''t know exactly what to think of them. They looked like they were absolutely dominant early but then lost to Gunter and played a couple of pretty average 2A's very close. It looks like they are rolling again so we will see. They will be moving up to 3A next year and given their proximity to Celina, they will probably get the chance to see just "how scared" Celina is.

Twirling Time
12-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Considering Celina beat them 40-0 at their place last year, apparently they're not.

Melissa's QB is their go-daddy, but he's graduating. Melissa will still be good next year in 3A, they're a great program, but they'll have to reload.

regaleagle
12-06-2011, 01:45 AM
In 2A, a really athletic qb can take a team deep in the playoffs, if he has good recievers in a passing(spread) offense. In 3A, the qb must be stellar, have a great Oline, and a great defense to go the same # of rounds. Case in point is the Sanger team this year.

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 05:57 AM
:stirpot:ing are we?
I don''t know exactly what to think of them. They looked like they were absolutely dominant early but then lost to Gunter and played a couple of pretty average 2A's very close. It looks like they are rolling again so we will see. They will be moving up to 3A next year and given their proximity to Celina, they will probably get the chance to see just "how scared" Celina is.Naa I wouldnt do that,:D
Just picking on my celina poster friends,

lostaussie
12-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Melissa better win it this year with them going up next year................but they might just do that. I think we are claiming them as EAST Texas:D

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Melissa better win it this year with them going up next year................but they might just do that. I think we are claiming them as EAST Texas:DOnly if we can claim Chapel Hill and Coldspring:D

garciap77
12-06-2011, 08:39 AM

:eek::eek::eek:

:1popcorn:

lostaussie
12-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Only if we can claim Chapel Hill and Coldspring:DI will give you Coldspring but CHILL is way to close. For some reason i keep trying to drag Argyle over a few counties:D

garciap77
12-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Melissa better win it this year with them going up next year................but they might just do that. I think we are claiming them as EAST Texas:D

In exchange for Henderson?:D http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/fishing-fishing-fish-water-smiley-emoticon-000714-large.gif

:1popcorn:

lostaussie
12-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Yall can have Henderson:D

garciap77
12-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Yall can have Henderson:D

I heard they were going to play out of the Hobbs District in New Mexico and Lions88 is going to be the coach!:D

;)

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Yall can have Henderson:DNo thanks:p:D

Getbackup
12-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Here is the story on the towns. A man name Van (first) Alstyne (last) settled down in the area and had two daughters Anna and Melissa. These towns are around 5 miles apart from each other. Each community was named after each of them. Now I hear this is a true story but I have nothing to prove that although I do know that Van Alsytne was named after a man that founded the town.

Okay there will be a test on this history lesson tomorrow......:)

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Here is the story on the towns. A man name Van (first) Alstyne (last) settled down in the area and had two daughters Anna and Melissa. These towns are around 5 miles apart from each other. Each community was named after each of them. Now I hear this is a true story but I have nothing to prove that although I do know that Van Alsytne was named after a man that founded the town.

Okay there will be a test on this history lesson tomorrow......:)Was either one of the girls married to Allen Mckinney?:D
Sorry Couldnt resist

lostaussie
12-06-2011, 09:46 AM

Okay there will be a test on this history lesson tomorrow......:)I think I got it...........Van fathered two chicks, one Anna and the other Melissa. Anna married Mr. Bonham and they had 2 sons named him Frisco and Trenton. Melissa who married a Mr. Whitewright had a daughter that was named Celina. that should about sum it up. They all grew up too Prosper:D