2. Alabama RB Trent Richardson
3. Baylor QB Robert Griffin III
4. Stanford QB Andrew Luck
5. Wisconsin RB Montee Ball

Thoughts?

Between Luck and RG3

MGAR
12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Lucks not even the best QB in Pac 12 and Ball isn't even the best player on his team.

Will come down between the Honey Badger and RG3.

carter08
12-05-2011, 06:45 PM
agreed ^^^

luck will probably win, and he is probably the best pro prospect in the draft, BUT i'd say that barkley had a better college season

griffin or mathieu probably deserve it most of these 5 (although i'd argue that kellen moore and case keenum both had better years (although both lost a game and in non-bcs conferences, that kills you))

Phil C
12-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Luck will probably win and if not him it will probably be Richardson. But I believe RGIII is the best one of the bunch but unfortunately he will be like VY and not get it. When the ceremony is on tv watch for former Oklahoma Heisman Winners such as Billy Sims to look foolish (Sam Bradford excepted of course.)

Emerson1
12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
RGIII or Mathieu.

I'm not sure what Luck has done to win it. Whoever voted for him care to explain?

the genious
12-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I think this is the closest one in a while with all 5 ppl deserving it... Can't wait to see who wins

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 06:58 PM
So a player can be suspended for drug use and still be a finalist..awesome

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 07:05 PM
RG3 had the best year amongst these. Give it to him. Field kinda thin Heisman caliber material wise IMO.

FB-fanatic
12-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I knew RGIII was going to have to have an over the top day Saturday to push him up in the voting, but personally felt he came up a bit short. But evidently I'm in the minority:

FROM HEISMANPUNDIT.COM out this afternoon:

It looks like Baylor’s Robert Griffin III is about to make history.
Griffin III heads into Saturday’s Heisman ceremony as the leader in the final Heismanpundit.com Heisman Straw Poll of the 2011 college football season, released on Monday (Dec. 5).
The final Heismanpundit poll has proven to be the most accurate Heisman poll in the country in each of the last four years. If it rings true again in 2011, Griffin III will bring his school’s first Heisman back to Waco.
Griffin grabbed 8 out of a possible 13 first-place votes from the weekly panel of Heisman voters and totaled 32 points to beat out Stanford’s Andrew Luck, who had 23 points and four first-place votes.
“Griffin III been spectacular from the opener and finished with a flourish,” said one voter.
“He was the no-brainer choice,” said another.
Griffin III not only led the poll, he appeared on the most ballots for the first time this season. He was selected on 12 ballots to Luck’s 11.
Luck, who placed second in the Heisman voting in 2010 (and second in that year’s final straw poll) could be headed for another runner up finish–albeit a stronger one than last year–after leading the poll for 12 straight weeks to start the 2011 season.
“He has lesser production, but that’s more a product of his offense,” noted a voter. “You watch him and you know how good he is.”
Alabama’s Trent Richardson was third with 10 points and 1 first-place vote while appearing on six ballots. He was the leader in last week’s poll but appeared to lose most of his support over the weekend to Griffin III and Wisconsin’s Montee Ball, who was fourth with six points.
LSU’s Tyrann Mathieu (4 points), USC’s Matt Barkley (2 points) and Houston’s Case Keenum (1 point), rounded out the top seven.
Now in its sixth season, the HeismanPundit.com Heisman Poll is made up of 13 Heisman voters from across the country. They vote for three players each week. Tabulations are made on a 3-2-1 basis (just like a real Heisman ballot), with three points awarded for a first-place vote, two points for a second-place vote and one point for a third-place vote.
The Final 2011 Heismanpundit Straw Poll, 12-5-2011
Player, total points (first place votes in parentheses)
1. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor — 32 (8)
2. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford — 23 (4)
3. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama — 10 (1)
4. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin — 6
5. Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU — 4
6. Matt Barkley, QB, USC — 2
7. Case Keenum, QB, Houston — 1

carter08
12-05-2011, 08:28 PM

heisman isn't a 'role model' or 'sportsmanship' award, it is an award for being the best player in college football

SHSBulldog00
12-05-2011, 08:39 PM
In the past several years, the Heisman winner was involved in the Championship game. If that continues it will be between Richardson and Mathieu. Griffin III has had the most exciting season. Montee Ball has done really well but to me he was out shined by teammate Russell Wilson. That leaves Andrew Luck who was virtually handed the trophy when he announced he was returning.

I just feel that Trent Richardson will win the Heisman.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2011, 08:41 PM
RgIII is the best player. Take him off his team and it is not the same team. He has performed on the big stage and made the big plays to enable his team to win. The others are interchangeable parts; not even the best player on thier team; failed to produce in the big games.

NastySlot
12-05-2011, 09:21 PM

my thoughts also....no denying he is a bad @$$ on the field i will give him that............but this year I find it hard to believe he could or should win..............i know some argue but imo if he has another great season and shows some better judgement next year would/could be a different story.

hope Robert Griffin wins it he not only excels on the field he is quality person off.........meet him once at a basketball tourney his junior year..........very impressive young man.

NastySlot
12-05-2011, 09:24 PM
an award for being the best player in college football

than why don't more defensive players win it............and why do the candidates status drop for team loses?

it s almost bogus at times to say the best college football player is the heisman trophy winner.

i do understand your point however.

alpha42
12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Luck will win it. My vote would have been for 1. RG3 2. Matthieu.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 09:57 PM
heisman isn't a 'role model' or 'sportsmanship' award, it is an award for being the best player in college football

Look up what the Heisman award states

Emerson1
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM

Uhhhhh no. "The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity."

NastySlot
12-05-2011, 10:51 PM
than why don't more defensive players win it............and why do the candidates status drop for team loses?

it s almost bogus at times to say the best college football player is the heisman trophy winner.

i do understand your point however.

oh man..................i did it wrote loses...instead of losses. and i try hard not to make that mistake.

sorry

carter08
12-05-2011, 11:54 PM
oh, come on guys, just because it SAYS that doesn't mean that actually matters. if your season is good enough, heisman voters aren't going to care about the off field issues. cam newton had character issues in his past (and he had the controversy going on last year about his father) and he won last year. as long as the issues aren't major things (and a one game suspension for drugs (probably weed)), then it's not going to matter. it's an award for the best player (on the best team, basically), regardless of what the 'official' statement says

STANG RED
12-06-2011, 09:10 AM
I can live with either Luck or RG3 winning. Both are impressive young men both on and off the field, and both embody everything I'd like to see in a Heisman winner. I voted RG3, but wouldn’t mind seeing Luck get it, and I doubt my vote would sway anyone with a real vote anyway.
I also believe the Heisman "SHOULD BE" as much about integrity/character etc... as it is about being the best player. In fact, I might even put a bit more weight on it. As for Luck and RG3, I haven’t seen or heard of anything that separates them from one another in this area.

jockcity33
12-06-2011, 03:22 PM
RG3 blew it for me when, right after the game Saturday, he announced on national TV that he just brought Baylor their first Heisman trophy.

RoyceTTU
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
how does Lamichael James not end up a finalist?

big daddy russ
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I think this and last year are one of the few instances they'll get it right. A lot of Heisman voters vote for the best player on the best team rather than simply voting for the best player. Two years ago, Ndomakong Suh was the best player. Not Mark Ingram. The year before that, Sam Bradford was just a default choice.

regaleagle
12-06-2011, 04:41 PM
If Richardson gets it, I will be in shock. To me, it's a clear choice between Luck and RGIII. I'm not saying that the other hopefuls did not have seasons to deserve this award, but that as far as voters and pollsters are concerned, these two will be close in the vote, and the rest a distance away.

FB-fanatic
12-06-2011, 11:11 PM
RG3 blew it for me when, right after the game Saturday, he announced on national TV that he just brought Baylor their first Heisman trophy.

I went looking for the quote you are talking about and couldn't find it. Definitely doesn't sound like RGIII, unless he said "I hope..." .

I'm an Aggie at heart, but I have definitly bought in to this kid. I have yet to see an interview that he didn't give credit to everyone but himself. This guy is 100% class.

Emerson1
12-06-2011, 11:22 PM
how does Lamichael James not end up a finalist?
He had 3 underwhelming games and missed 2 with injury. He didn't do anything against USC or LSU.

pancho villa
12-07-2011, 08:23 AM
RGIII should not win! He lost to the Aggies.

Roughneck93
12-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Congrats to RGIII!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: