PDA

View Full Version : 2A) Lexington/Refugio

Old Tiger
12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
This should be a good game!

At Heroes Stadium in San Antonio Friday @ 7:30

Matthew328
12-05-2011, 01:41 PM
I think it'll be a classic...Refugio has really played outstanding football the last two weeks and revenge could be a player...Lexington really impressed me also with a dismantling of Arp....

Old Tiger
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I think it'll be a classic...Refugio has really played outstanding football the last two weeks and revenge could be a player...Lexington really impressed me also with a dismantling of Arp....That Lexington QB is a gamer! After how he played in state last year he looks to make it back and show them how he played was a fluke.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Not sure you can stop that Refugio offense. But, their defense has issues at times against quality opponents I've noticed.

NastySlot
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
was considering this game...or wimberley/coldspring.................the drive across austin(traffic) is discouraging me from going to bastrop.

Old Tiger
12-05-2011, 01:50 PM
was considering this game...or wimberley/coldspring.................the drive across austin(traffic) is discouraging me from going to bastrop.Yeah I'll be in San Marcos this weekend....It is a toss up to baseballump and myself whether to go the Wimbo/Coldspring or Lex/Ref

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Not sure you can stop that Refugio offense. But, their defense has issues at times against quality opponents I've noticed.Their defense has step up the last two weeks against unbeaten rank teams and shut down the opposition offense. Refugio defense won them the game last week and looks to be peaking defensively.

Lexington i hear comes in stout on defense so could be a low scoring game in mid teens to mid twenties typ of game.

NastySlot
12-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah I'll be in San Marcos this weekend....It is a toss up to baseballump and myself whether to go the Wimbo/Coldspring or Lex/Ref

san marcos to bastrop nice drive on 21- you'll will miss out on friday traffic in Austin.

I was thinking about dekaney/timberview saturday.....i have to pick one day of football this weekend....in the process of moving and my wife might need help.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Their defense has step up the last two weeks against unbeaten rank teams and shut down the opposition offense. Refugio defense won them the game last week and looks to be peaking defensively.

Lexington i hear comes in stout on defense so could be a low scoring game in mid teens to mid twenties typ of game.

Did they move some of their elite athletes over to "D"? I know in that weak district, they didn't play players both ways, and didn't need to. Then, against 3Rivers they continued that as well and 3R ran all over them. Fan's were upset having the studs on the sideline.

Did they make a change? If so, maybe their "D" is for real now?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Did they move some of their elite athletes over to "D"? I know in that weak district, they didn't play players both ways, and didn't need to. Then, against 3Rivers they continued that as well and 3R ran all over them. Fan's were upset having the studs on the sideline.

Did they make a change? If so, maybe their "D" is for real now?yea they have some going both ways now, not all the time though.

3afan
12-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Refugio by 4 TDs -- or more

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Refugio by 4 TDs -- or more

Maybe!!! I see their fan's on the chat sites once again claiming they could beat Calallen or Port Lavaca.

For that alone, I'm taking Lexington by 5. Points, not--TD's.:)

Phil C
12-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Go Lexington!

44INAROW
12-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Maybe!!! I see their fan's on the chat sites once again claiming they could beat Calallen or Port Lavaca.

what is the 2A site? I keep hearing about it..

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 04:08 PM
smoaky is the 2A site. And, on the radio site I was listening too when they aired their game versus Sonora. 106. something.

Yes, even Cuero/Sinton was mentioned at times. They are very rude and cocky posters.

raider red 2000
12-05-2011, 04:09 PM
what is the 2A site? I keep hearing about it..

http://www.texas2afootball.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2995

There are already 12 pages of refugio/lexington talk going on on the 2a site.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.texas2afootball.com/phpBB/

That site has Refugio posters that have a bit more class when they post.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.texas2afootball.com/phpBB/

That site has Refugio posters that have a bit more class when they post.

This is the site I seen the, bring on Calallen/Calhoun's:

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?&&CODE=autologin&fromreg=1

pirate4state
12-05-2011, 04:13 PM
smoaky is the 2A site. And, on the radio site I was listening too when they aired their game versus Sonora. 106. something.

Yes, even Cuero/Sinton was mentioned at times. They are very rude and cocky posters.

Shocker! As good as Refugio is there is no way they could play with Calallen. I've seen them both and Calallen would run rough shod over them! Too funny. I'm sure they are PISSED about ESPN continuing to push back their "15 minutes of fame" on Outside the Lines. That piece still hasn't aired.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Shocker! As good as Refugio is there is no way they could play with Calallen. I've seen them both and Calallen would run rough shod over them! Too funny. I'm sure they are PISSED about ESPN continuing to push back their "15 minutes of fame" on Outside the Lines. That piece still hasn't aired.

Heard it will not air according to some Refugio posters I was chatting with the other night. Something doing with the Sandusky issue. What that has to with it, I don't know. But, that's what they said. Dunno.

raider red 2000
12-05-2011, 04:18 PM
what is the smoaky thread name?

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
what is the smoaky thread name?

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?&&CODE=autologin&fromreg=1

Don't recall the thread name. But, it was the week they played 3R. I have not returned since seeing that BS. But, can tell you on the radio broadcast this past week (106. something out of Beeville) it was stated again by their fans.

Maroon87
12-05-2011, 04:21 PM

LOL....one of their RB's used to play for Calallen, and his dad thought he should've been an RB for us and not a WR/DB which is where Danaher played him. The dad used to be on the 4A site running Danaher down all the time. Then they move to Refugio and all of a sudden this "we can beat Calallen" smack starts up.

Gotta love those helicopter parents.

raider red 2000
12-05-2011, 04:24 PM

One of the refugio conspiracy theories is that they will air it after the bobcats lose. The producer had said at one time that if the Bobcats win it all then there might be a longer story.

I doubt it will ever air.

I would trade a state championship for some ESPN show any day.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2011, 04:25 PM
LOL....one of their RB's used to play for Calallen, and his dad thought he should've been an RB for us and not a WR/DB which is where Danaher played him. The dad used to be on the 4A site running Danaher down all the time. Then they move to Refugio and all of a sudden this "we can beat Calallen" smack starts up.

Gotta love those helicopter parents.watch it Maroon87, don't let a Refugio Bobcat fan see that, you'll be call a hater. :)

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 04:25 PM

So, you've seen that BS chat about beating Calallen/Calhoun/Cuero/Sinton too? Amazing morons. They are the worse chatting fan's I ever seen. Heck, I think it was even in the paper or TV stating such this year.

raider red 2000
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM

you may be on to something.

BTW- good luck to Calallen- Hopefully both the Wildcats and Bobcats can get rings this year.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM

BTW- good luck to Calallen

Yes sir. Loved watching ya'll Sat versus K'ville. Solid team you got.

Old Tiger
12-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Shocker! As good as Refugio is there is no way they could play with Calallen. I've seen them both and Calallen would run rough shod over them! Too funny. I'm sure they are PISSED about ESPN continuing to push back their "15 minutes of fame" on Outside the Lines. That piece still hasn't aired.Probably won't unless they win state.

raider red 2000
12-05-2011, 04:30 PM
So, you've seen that BS chat about beating Calallen/Calhoun/Cuero/Sinton too? Amazing morons. They are the worse chatting fan's I ever seen. Heck, I think it was even in the paper or TV stating such this year.

2 of those teams turned down chances to play the bobcats.

There are some crazies in Bobcat land- someone said Refugio could play with Katy- they didnt like it when I laughed and said no way.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
2 of those teams turned down chances to play the bobcats.

There are some crazies in Bobcat land- someone said Refugio could play with Katy- they didnt like it when I laughed and said no way.

LOL. Seen that and LaMarque too.

Phil C
12-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Refugio used to play Sinton every year but they stopped it because they said they were getting too many first game injuries. I don't blame them.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Refugio used to play Sinton every year but they stopped it because they said they were getting too many first game injuries. I don't blame them.

Well, I think they want more injury's now Phil.

Yoe_09
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
This should be a great game to watch. I watched Lexington for the the 1st time this year last week at Waco ISD. The Eagles have an explosive offense that will be hard to stop so the game with Refugio should have plenty of fireworks.

Dogs_21
12-05-2011, 05:37 PM
They cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as Katy lol.....or LaMarque!!! Their fans must not see much football besides south texas lol! They also said they could beat Columbia..They should just stick to trying to win the 2A title first!

Lexington By 10...

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 05:42 PM
They cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as Katy lol.....or LaMarque!!! Their fans must not see much football besides south texas lol! They also said they could beat Columbia..They should just stick to trying to win the 2A title first!

Lexington By 10...

Hope your right Dog? Their fan's make ya want to root against them. Hate to be around them when I'm up there at Cowboy Stadium.

Maroon87
12-05-2011, 05:48 PM
watch it Maroon87, don't let a Refugio Bobcat fan see that, you'll be call a hater. :)

Personally I hope they take the whole thing, but if I'm branded a hater for telling that story then so be it. Several reliable sources confirmed that's what happened. It shouldn't take away from the kids' accomplishments.

Maroon87
12-05-2011, 05:53 PM

BTW- good luck to Calallen- Hopefully both the Wildcats and Bobcats can get rings this year.

Yes sir. Loved watching ya'll Sat versus K'ville. Solid team you got.
Thanks guys...we're looking really tough right now in all phases. We have a big obstacle on Saturday with Manvel but I'm not conceding anything. I truly think we can get it done.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys...we're looking really tough right now in all phases. We have a big obstacle on Saturday with Manvel but I'm not conceding anything. I truly think we can get it done.

Noticed a banner on ya'lls sideline Saturday that stated Calallen has had 18 (maybe more, don't recall now) straight seasons with 10 or more wins. That's impressive.

Maroon87
12-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Noticed a banner on ya'lls sideline Saturday that stated Calallen has had 18 (maybe more, don't recall now) straight seasons with 10 or more wins. That's impressive.

We had 16 straight seasons of 10 or more wins from 1988-2003. We've had a couple sub-10 win season the last 7 years.

Phil C
12-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Well, I think they want more injury's now Phil.

Too late. They dropped it and it is gone just like a cake dropped in the sewer drain.

BaseballUmp
12-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Still kind of think I want to see the Wimberley Coldspring game

Eagle 1
12-05-2011, 11:03 PM
When was the last time Refugio won a semi-final game?
Seriously.
I'll take Lexington.....again.

Red&White_9x5
12-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Refugio make it pretty easy to root against them. I haven't seen the Bobcats play this year, but I HIGHLY doubt that they could stay on the field with the 5A, 4A, or even 3A elite teams in Texas. It hasn't been proven yet that they can be a champion in 2A. With all that said, my wishes are with Lexington to end their season AGAIN!

Pudlugger
12-06-2011, 10:28 AM
IIRC Smithville beat Lexington in game one this year. If Lexington beats Refugio that should put all this talk of beating 3A 4A and 5A teams to rest.

bd62
12-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Seen Refugio against Poth , Wimberley twice and Calhoun twice. I dont think Refugio could beat either one of those teams.They are the best 2 teams i have seen this year.

YTBulldogs
12-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Seen Refugio against Poth , Wimberley twice and Calhoun twice. I dont think Refugio could beat either one of those teams.They are the best 2 teams i have seen this year.

I know they couldn't stay within 30 of either team bd. You going to Bastrop Fri?

bd62
12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Torn between Bastrop and Heroes.Both will be great games. Also 2 great games in Alamodome sat.

YTBulldogs
12-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Torn between Bastrop and Heroes.Both will be great games. Also 2 great games in Alamodome sat.

Ya'll going to state next Thursday, Fri, Sat bd?

bd62
12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Not sure yet. How many of those games are on TV?