PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
So how many guys do we have coming back next year?

RB - Floyd Bess
FB - Broderick Thomas
S - Willis Johnson
LB - Coleman Roark
DE - Jerry Cotten

O-line?

I know we're losing:

QB/P/K/PR/WR/DB - Treylon Johnican
QB - Tyler Ince
RB - Sean Flannel
WR/CB/KR - Keenan & Kevin Brown
DE/TE - Bradley Swanks
At least 3 offensive lineman
NT Justin Hussey
DL Quinton Bell
LB Cassius Davidson
WR Ricky Wilson

... among others.

Losing quite a bit.

Gsquared
12-05-2011, 08:59 AM

RB - Floyd Bess
FB - Broderick Thomas
S - Willis Johnson
LB - Coleman Roark
DE - Jerry Cotten

O-line?

I know we're losing:

QB - Tyler Ince
RB - Sean Flannel
DE/TE - Bradley Swanks
NT Justin Hussey
DL Quinton Bell
LB Cassius Davidson
WR Ricky Wilson

... among others.

Losing quite a bit.

Oh wowl, I didnt realize Bess was coming back. Sure was impressed with them taking CH that far with a chance to win!!

'Necks 2013-14
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM

RB - Floyd Bess
FB - Broderick Thomas
S - Willis Johnson
LB - Coleman Roark
DE - Jerry Cotten

O-line?

I know we're losing:

QB - Tyler Ince
RB - Sean Flannel
DE/TE - Bradley Swanks
NT Justin Hussey
DL Quinton Bell
LB Cassius Davidson
WR Ricky Wilson

... among others.

Losing quite a bit.Sag it would not surprise me one bit to see about 5-6 Sophs on Varsity next season.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Sag it would not surprise me one bit to see about 5-6 Sophs on Varsity next season.

WC just reloads. Nice situation to be in.

Dub-C
12-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Sag it would not surprise me one bit to see about 5-6 Sophs on Varsity next season.

I know of a couple sophmores that I believe that would fit in there nicely JMO. Brandon Harris, Carrick Fortenberry, Jarius Kesse. Are names to look out for and maybe a couple more.

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I know of a couple sophmores that I believe that would fit in there nicely JMO. Brandon Harris, Carrick Fortenberry, Jarius Kesse. Are names to look out for and maybe a couple more. What positions do these guys play? I'm not familiar with the sub varsities.

Was the jv/freshmen teams any good? Who looks to be the QB next year? Willis Johnson?

Dub-C
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
What positions do these guys play? I'm not familiar with the sub varsities.

Was the jv/freshmen teams any good? Who looks to be the QB next year? Willis Johnson?

(freshman) Brandon was a RB and Brad Swanks brother. Get the picture, Brandon is fast and got some shake and bake.

Carrick was a RB also and fast too and a very good runner.

Kat was QB and is awesome too say the least. He is actually on the Varsity Basketball team from what I heard.

Also WC has a Kid in the 8th grade that ran for upwards of 100+ yards per game. Quentin Bell's little brother. He is like a man among boys this year. He is as strong or stronger than any of our Freshman or Sophmores this year.

I think the freshman team and the JV lost 3 games between if I remember right.

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
(freshman) Brandon was a RB and Brad Swanks brother. Get the picture, Brandon is fast and got some shake and bake.

Kat was QB and is awesome too say the least. He is actually on the Varsity Basketball team from what I heard.

Also WC has a Kid in the 8th grade that ran for upwards of 100+ yards per game. Quentin Bell's little brother. He is like a man among boys this year. He is as strong or stronger than any of our Freshman or Sophmores this year.

I think the freshman team and the JV lost 3 games between if I remember right. Sounds promising, but young.

We've got a great coaching staff so we'll see what they can do. I know Floyd will be the focus in the offense. He's been going off the last 2 years and his SR year, without splitting carries with Flannel should lead to him putting up some pretty sick stats.

defense51
12-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Congratulations WC on a great year! I was pulling for y'all friday night, that was a heartbreaker!!! You have a great program!

Roughneck93
12-05-2011, 04:44 PM
WC just reloads. Nice situation to be in.Cupboards definitely not bare for next year. Next year can't come soon enough!

Roughneck93
12-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Congratulations WC on a great year! I was pulling for y'all friday night, that was a heartbreaker!!! You have a great program!Appreciate that defense...I actually had us picked to play each other for the title in my bracket. So close! Good luck this Friday!

Necked
12-05-2011, 08:32 PM

RB - Floyd Bess
FB - Broderick Thomas
S - Willis Johnson
LB - Coleman Roark
DE - Jerry Cotten

-line?
Hobbs is back.
Cuellar too.
King got some PT this year. Might make a nice replacement for Hunt at center.
Griggs is back, depending on how big he gets, I imagine they want him back at LB if possible. He & Roark would make an imposing set of LB's.

Will be a desperate search for WR's & DB's as Johnson & Devin Woodard are the only ones back.

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2011, 08:41 PM
-line?
Hobbs is back.
Cuellar too.
King got some PT this year. Might make a nice replacement for Hunt at center.
Griggs is back, depending on how big he gets, I imagine they want him back at LB if possible. He & Roark would make an imposing set of LB's.

Will be a desperate search for WR's & DB's as Johnson & Devin Woodard are the only ones back. good info. Think some of those athletes dub c mentioned might be playing WR/DB next year because I dont see them taking many carries from Floyd

yellaseeker
12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Definately gonna go through the rebuilding process. Don't want to seem negative but there is some big shoes to fill from what's leaving. This years Seniors and Juniors had near perfect records each year from youth football up to this point. I have not seen that many seasoned "athletes" in one group in a very long time and most that followed these two age groups seen these past two playoff seasons coming for some time now. While i'd like to think we could pick up next year somewhere close to where we left off, I realize that the talent we are losing are not just your average football players. I still think we do very well in district next year if there are no changes. I have seen some of the younger guys on JV and Brandon on the Freshmen team. I believe some of those guys are going to shine when they get their chance but it usually takes a young guy more than his first year on varsity to really shine and at that point, this years juniors will be gone. We really need a few of these second string varsity guys to step up. It's going to be an interesting year next year, to say the least. You can count on one thing for sure, I'll be behind my Necks!!!!!!!!!!

'Necks 2013-14
12-05-2011, 10:49 PM

I think the freshman team and the JV lost 3 games between if I remember right.Every name you listed above I am very familiar with as I helped coach all of them in youth ball. Brandon can either run around, over and or through you. Carrick has got good speed and will lay some monster hits. Kat is natural born QB and I look for very good things from him in the not too distant future. As for Quentin's lil' bro....let's just say that D-Bell will ring yours in a heartbeat!

yellaseeker
12-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Appreciate that defense...I actually had us picked to play each other for the title in my bracket. So close! Good luck this Friday!

That's how i seen it too. Fell a little short i guess. Damn i thought we had that one.

Necked
12-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Damn i thought we had that one.

Yep, I swore I wouldn't watch another football game till next season, but now that the bowl schedule is out, I'm feeling a lot better...:)