PDA

View Full Version : astros

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Never saw anything posted on here a while back, but Tal Smith and Ed wade (president of baseball operations and GM) were fired a few days ago.

I think i heard they're interviewing the rays gm.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Never saw anything posted on here a while back, but Tal Smith and Ed wade (president of baseball operations and GM) were fired a few days ago.

I think i heard they're interviewing the rays gm.

They should of been fired when we were a NL team IMO.

Z's daddy
12-05-2011, 12:42 PM
They are talking to Rays and Rangers about their asst. GMs. The rays guy is from Houston, and the Rangers guy has been there since Daniels came in. Both would be great choices. Also have heard where they could talk to Hunsicker again but not sure that he would want to return. He might could be brought in to give a run down on their farm system. I know he has been gone for a while, but I know he would have a good read on what theie system has and what is coming. Not sure who is charge of scouting there, but they do have some young players that fit into the role player/utility profile. Not alot of top of the line players (not since Ed traded them all away). Getting Castro back will give them a catcher to help mold a young staff. Wandy is at the end of his prime in my opinion. Not consistant enough to be #1 for anybody but he is the best we have that is proven. Bud is next, and then Lyles. After that, not alot.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Houston will suck, and be pitiful for years thanks to those in charge past few years. Now that they have gone to the AL, I really don't care. I'm in the process of finding a new NL team I can support.