YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok Boys. Keep it rolling.

Roughneck93
12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
I would have gone for it on 4th down.

Bullaholic
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
You have a RB averaging 5.6 yds/carry and you go for it 4th and 1 by going to a receiver who sometimes does not run patterns right a fair amount of the time? Then you miss an admittedly long 53yd FG?

coach
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM
You have a RB averaging 5.6 yds/carry and you go for it 4th and 1 by going to a receiver who sometimes does not run patterns right a fair amount of the time? Then you miss an admittedly long 53yd FG?

That's Jason Garrett for ya

Bullaholic
12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Several key short yardage 3rd down situations.....Is Witten dead?

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 04:44 PM
That's my Boy's. Never know which freaking team will appear. They are so inconsistent and really drive their fan's crazy.

Farmersfan
12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Felix Jones is well on his way to going the Tashard Choice way if he doesn't stop running pass patterns without looking for the ball..............
This whole game has been one big screw up for our Cowboys so far.

coach
12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Felix Jones is well on his way to going the Tashard Choice way if he doesn't stop running pass patterns without looking for the ball..............
This whole game has been one big screw up for our Cowboys so far.

Agree 100%

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 05:30 PM
There's that chitty Cowboy "D" I see a few times a game opening the 2nd half. Like a hot knife through butter the Card's "O" moves on them.

eagleqb_14
12-04-2011, 05:41 PM
we are doing a little bit better

Bullaholic
12-04-2011, 05:51 PM
How long before the Cowboys figure out that the Cards are going to apply pressure up the middle most of the time? Romo sure seems to be shallow in the shotgun for this situation. How about some quick slants, and have they forgotten the screen?

regaleagle
12-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Even if they make the playoffs, that's all they will do. They should be playing much better than this by now with their personnel. Just not very impressive.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Even if they make the playoffs, that's all they will do. They should be playing much better than this by now with their personnel. Just not very impressive.

Can't disagree with this statement. :(

Roughneck93
12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Dang, all Andre Roberts on that drive.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Jason iced him.

Roughneck93
Wow!! Your own coach ices you! Lol!!

Farmersfan
Garrett ices his own kicker! Typical..............

coach
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Dang, all Andre Roberts on that drive.

What in the hell is Jason Garrett doing? My god he is awful

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Romo wasted all that time when he had 2 TO's???????

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 06:47 PM

I agree, you could of run 1 more pass for a ten yard out maybe. Get's ya closer. This team finds new ways to amaze me.

Roughneck93
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
I agree, you could of run 1 more pass for a ten yard out maybe. Get's ya closer. This team finds new ways to amaze me.Didn't get that either. Just horrible.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Garrett is alot better than the coaches they have had but he's still a middle of the pack coach in his young coaching career. Icing your own kicker WOW!

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Gut feeling, this game will end in a tie. Both teams stink. Or a Cards win on a short pass and run. :(

Roughneck93
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Just wow...

Blastoderm55
12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
You called it!

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks Garrett.

lbjacj
12-04-2011, 06:58 PM
That dude looked like Brennen Blakemore on that screen pass:confused:

At least the Giants are losing!

Txbroadcaster
Would love to know why the special teams coaches wanted the TO..makes no sense

YTBulldogs
That dude looked like Brennen Blakemore on that screen pass:confused:

Sure did. :)

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 06:59 PM

Knowing Dallas, maybe he wanted to punt it at the last minute.:(

Phil C
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Cardinals wins. December business as usual for the Cowboys. :(

defense51
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
What a disappointment!

garciap77
12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Jason iced him.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/wresler.gif

Tin Cup
12-04-2011, 07:15 PM
If he makes the kick it's not his fault. If Witten says heads instead of tails we might score.

Guess what who cares. Make the dang kick like an nfl kicker should!

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Thank you Green Bay.

jason
12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
If he makes the kick it's not his fault. If Witten says heads instead of tails we might score.

Guess what who cares. Make the dang kick like an nfl kicker should!he did, but his head coach called timeout for a reason that better be a damn good one...

Roughneck93
12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Thank you Green Bay.Cowboys need to watch that last drive by Green Bay. Might learn something.

Tin Cup
12-04-2011, 07:25 PM
he did, but his head coach called timeout for a reason that better be a damn good one...

Oh ok so making 50% of kicks is good from the exact same spot from 48 yards for an nfl kicker. Arizona didn't even keep playing after the whistles blew. If there were only ten guys on the field for Dallas would it still be bad coaching? Besides kickers get iced every single game and they take practice kicks anyway.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 07:28 PM
If Dallas is for real, it shouldn't have even come down to a FG kick. They are all over the place in production. Up one quarter, down the next. Good, playoff caliber type teams are consistent. Dallas isn't.

Eagle 1
12-04-2011, 07:56 PM
If Dallas is for real, it shouldn't have even come down to a FG kick. They are all over the place in production. Up one quarter, down the next. Good, playoff caliber type teams are consistent. Dallas isn't.

:iagree:

Add, Garrett blew this.
A. Rogers may possibly be the best qb ever IMO.

bobcat1
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
he did, but his head coach called timeout for a reason that better be a damn good one...This!

bobcat1
12-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Would love to know why the special teams coaches wanted the TO..makes no sense Joe D and the kicking coach were saying call time out. Fire all 3 including Garrett. What in the heck were they thinking? I am so mad right now and the game has been over for an hour. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
12-04-2011, 09:44 PM

I think they thought they were not going to get the kick off on time and would be backed up another 5 yds., or have to rush the kick. As it turns out they did rush the kick and sent it right through the uprights. The second kick I think they were rattled.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Truth is, this is just the norm for Dallas. Something just don't seem/feel right to me in regards to this staff. They have the players IMO, and should just be kicking butt. But each week, something goofy happens in their games.

3afan
12-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Go MAVS!

IndianFan2012
12-04-2011, 10:20 PM

Add, Garrett blew this.

That's what years of apprenticeship under Favre will do to a man.

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 06:46 AM
The poor game management skill of our QB and our Coach were put on display in this game big time. Just another example of what is lacking in our QB! Shallow and hollow numbers make a really piss-poor performance look not quite so bad. Of course it doesn't help that our cry-baby superstar receiver was dropping everything that came his way!

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 07:13 AM
The poor game management skill of our QB and our Coach were put on display in this game big time. Just another example of what is lacking in our QB! Shallow and hollow numbers make a really piss-poor performance look not quite so bad. Of course it doesn't help that our cry-baby superstar receiver was dropping everything that came his way!

and FF is in with his blame Romo rant..no mind that it was Romo who put them in position to win

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 08:28 AM
This loss in my opinion is all on Garrett. You dont settle for a 48 yard fieldgoal with time left on the clock and 2 timeouts. I dont care if your kicker has never missed from inside of 60 yards. He already missed badly the first time. You had 28 seconds to get 15 to 20 more yards and make it alot easier. That in my opinion was the dumbest game decision i have seen in a while.
And then you add the defense giving up yet another game winning drive. and in what 5 plays? terrible!

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 08:31 AM
This loss in my opinion is all on Garrett. You dont settle for a 48 yard fieldgoal with time left on the clock and 2 timeouts. I dont care if your kicker has never missed from inside of 60 yards. He already missed badly the first time. You had 28 seconds to get 15 to 20 more yards and make it alot easier. That in my opinion was the dumbest game decision i have seen in a while.
And then you add the defense giving up yet another game winning drive. and in what 5 plays? terrible!

but but FF says it is Romo's fault

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 08:32 AM
but but FF says it is Romo's faultHe always says that!:D

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM
and FF is in with his blame Romo rant..no mind that it was Romo who put them in position to win

Only you would look at Romo's performance in that game and make excuses and give him credit for ALMOST beating the Cardinals! This offense scored 13 points against a very bad defense. Nothing else needs to be said! End of story! Period!

Bullaholic
12-05-2011, 09:47 AM
I agree that the regulation time management could have been utilized much better, but we need to remember that if the kicks were reversed---Garrett would be a hero right now. This is just like going for it on 4th down as a coach---make it, and you are a smart coach--come up short, you are a goat and an idiot.

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 09:55 AM

Here we go. Nevermind that AZ had 6 sacks and the starting RB could only manage 36 yards rushing. Couldn't have anything to do with the OL being awful. I agree that the end of the game was managed poorly, especially by Garrett. Romo was really good yesterday, FF.

As for Dez, he slipped once and didn't make a catch, but two others were solid hits by the DB that jarred the ball out. Would like for him to come up with those but it's not like those were 'drops'.

AZ played a really good game. This team really misses Miles. Anyone that doesn't think Austin is the #1 WR is smoking crack.

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 10:09 AM

As poorly as this defense has played at times recently they still have opportunites to get the stop and way, way, way too often they get caught out of position and get called for a penalty. If it isn't the line jumping off sides it's Scandrick holding the receiver! Yesterday it was Newman getting caught holding the receiver on a 3rd and long to keep the Cardinals drive alive. I told everyone Rob Ryan had ZERO skins on the wall and it's starting to become obvious he isn't such a defensive genius after all. And the bottom line is this team has a mental issue! They play down to their opponents. I blame that on leadership! I personally think the QB is the general of the team and takes the blame if the team isn't UP for a game but you might think it's the head coach or supporting staff. Whatever it is, it sucks in Dallas! And it has sucked for some time now! But of all the positions on this team including coaches) what is the ONE position that has not been changed in the last 5 years? That's right! Go ahead and say it! We all already know! The Dallas Cowboys franchise QB gets outplayed by Kevin (Frickin') Kolb who hasn't played in 5 games!

buff4ever
12-05-2011, 10:14 AM
FF, I am with you still. If these guys didn't have their nose so far up Romo's butt like Jerry Jones, theywould realize that it is December and his production would drop, and we would lose games. Heck we are talking about Arizona here guys, not Green Bay. Arizona shouldn't have been in this game. I admit defense blew it on last drive, but they played pretty well most of the game. I admit the offensive line was terrible and our run game also struggled because of it. But if I have to here how ROMO is 19 - 2 in november then we all have to here that he sux in December and will find a way to lose, even to the Cardinals.

This weeks game is huge, I think this team will either rally behind a big win or will implode with a big loss. Garrett needs to put together a plan that Romo can execute well, and get over his december mental and physical breakdown.

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 10:14 AM
As poorly as this defense has played at times recently they still have opportunites to get the stop and way, way, way too often they get caught out of position and get called for a penalty. If it isn't the line jumping off sides it's Scandrick holding the receiver! Yesterday it was Newman getting caught holding the receiver on a 3rd and long to keep the Cardinals drive alive. I told everyone Rob Ryan had ZERO skins on the wall and it's starting to become obvious he isn't such a defensive genius after all. And the bottom line is this team has a mental issue! They play down to their opponents. I blame that on leadership! I personally think the QB is the general of the team and takes the blame if the team isn't UP for a game but you might think it's the head coach or supporting staff. Whatever it is, it sucks in Dallas! And it has sucked for some time now! But of all the positions on this team including coaches) what is the ONE position that has not been changed in the last 5 years? That's right! Go ahead and say it! We all already know! The Dallas Cowboys franchise QB gets outplayed by Kevin (Frickin') Kolb who hasn't played in 5 games!

I agree with some of your points here, but let me address the issue of playing down to competition.

I see this as an NFL issue and not a Cowboys issue. The Giants are 6-6 with losses to the Skins, Seahawks and a Vick-less Philly. You can go through every team, with the exception of GB, and find bad losses. NO lost to the Rams for God's sake! The NFL is a week to week league. Based on the Giants playing GB well and Dallas losing to AZ, expect tons of people to jump on the NY bandwagon this week. I don't think that will have anything to do with Sunday's game. It will probably be another close game that will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes.

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 10:16 AM
FF, I am with you still. If these guys didn't have their nose so far up Romo's butt like Jerry Jones, theywould realize that it is December and his production would drop, and we would lose games. Heck we are talking about Arizona here guys, not Green Bay. Arizona shouldn't have been in this game. I admit defense blew it on last drive, but they played pretty well most of the game. I admit the offensive line was terrible and our run game also struggled because of it. But if I have to here how ROMO is 19 - 2 in november then we all have to here that he sux in December and will find a way to lose, even to the Cardinals.

This weeks game is huge, I think this team will either rally behind a big win or will implode with a big loss. Garrett needs to put together a plan that Romo can execute well, and get over his december mental and physical breakdown.

So you list all these problems with the team and then put the blame squarely on Romo. You're somewhat contradicting yourself in your own post.

As much as you may not want to admit it, AZ played a really good game.

Tell me what else Romo could have done - 5 sacks, drops/slips by WRs, no running game, no seperation by WRs, double teams on Witten.... Seriously. I agree it wasn't Romo's best game, but it's not like he was terrible either. Let's also not forget he's still without his #1 WR.

buff4ever
12-05-2011, 10:29 AM
So you list all these problems with the team and then put the blame squarely on Romo. You're somewhat contradicting yourself in your own post.

As much as you may not want to admit it, AZ played a really good game.

I am not going to sit here and say that we played well across the board, we didn't. But like FF said, our qb is our offensive leader, and don't be in denial, he is a loser in december. I would like for him to get over that this week, but the team this past weekend took on his problem with him. Arizona played a good game, yeah, WE LET THEM is more like it.

Miles is needed. Maybe he can take over as our offensive leader.

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Here we go. Nevermind that AZ had 6 sacks and the starting RB could only manage 36 yards rushing. Couldn't have anything to do with the OL being awful. I agree that the end of the game was managed poorly, especially by Garrett. Romo was really good yesterday, FF.

As for Dez, he slipped once and didn't make a catch, but two others were solid hits by the DB that jarred the ball out. Would like for him to come up with those but it's not like those were 'drops'.

AZ played a really good game. This team really misses Miles. Anyone that doesn't think Austin is the #1 WR is smoking crack.

A lot of excuse making Mac! Yes,,,, Yes,,,, and Yes! All are true. But these things must be overcome if you are a quality football team with a quality QB. Playing this version of the Arizona Cardinals to a tie in regulation is grounds to cost someone their job in my opinion! Everything about this team starts and ends with Romo! The excuse making must stop............................. 13 points against that team is just a symptom of what is wrong with the Dallas Cowboys! We all have our opinions of what that is but nobody denies that SOMETHING is wrong.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Lets See Romo..throws for 299 yards and a TD..95 QB rating..makes the throw to put Dallas in position for the win..so what did he do wrong agian?

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I am not going to sit here and say that we played well across the board, we didn't. But like FF said, our qb is our offensive leader, and don't be in denial, he is a loser in december. I would like for him to get over that this week, but the team this past weekend took on his problem with him. Arizona played a good game, yeah, WE LET THEM is more like it.

Miles is needed. Maybe he can take over as our offensive leader.If Im not mistaken he was 2-2 or 3-2 the last december he played in. I would say thats not the issue.
If yall havent noticed Cowboys have had strange games against the cards. Missed field goals, Blocked punts broken foot of punter. just to name a few.

buff4ever
12-05-2011, 10:59 AM
You guys must have fallen for Romo when Jerry did I guess. He hasn't shown me that he is a great leader to his team since he started. Not appearing to take things very seriously over the years is just one of them. Not playing big in big moments is another, blowing it single handedlyl in big sitations is the one that pushes me over the edge, allowing his team to play the game like they haven't seen a playbook or worked with him in practice is another.

I am with FF, all you guys to is make excuses. you are all in denial that ROMO is not that good, good maybe, but not that good.

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 11:04 AM
You guys must have fallen for Romo when Jerry did I guess. He hasn't shown me that he is a great leader to his team since he started. Not appearing to take things very seriously over the years is just one of them. Not playing big in big moments is another, blowing it single handedlyl in big sitations is the one that pushes me over the edge, allowing his team to play the game like they haven't seen a playbook or worked with him in practice is another.

I am with FF, all you guys to is make excuses. you are all in denial that ROMO is not that good, good maybe, but not that good.Yeah he sucks he just has the 5 best QB rating behind Rodgers, Brees,and Brady Yep your right he sucks

Bullaholic
12-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Everybody in the NFL would rather beat the Cowboys as much as a division or oldtime rival. The Cowboys need to realize that they have to step it up like some of the teams they are playing each week. They beat those that are in a downward spiral like Buffalo or Washington with decent efforts, but fail to step it up against the motivated teams like Philly earlier this season, or AZ yesterday. Plodding along week to week will not beat the good teams, and will cost wins against the truly motivated ones, the ones on the way up, or the truly good week-to-week teams. These teams are not going to lay down---they must be beaten by a greater effort and a higher level of play. The Cowboys are not mentally or physicaly tough enough right now to last in the playoffs. Garrett is still feeling his way---and he still looks like a rookie coach in certain situations. I think he will overcome a lot of his inexperience during the remainder of this season, but I think it will be next season before the Cowboys will begin to show the kind of consistency and level of play that we have come to expect from them during the glory seasons. Go Cowboys!

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM

We let them? You do realize that these other teams they are playing are professional football players, also? And I didn't say we played well either. No one is saying they played good. The defense was a tale of two halfs.

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 11:24 AM

I am with FF, all you guys to is make excuses. you are all in denial that ROMO is not that good, good maybe, but not that good.

Excuses?! YOu are full of it. Most of us try to have reasonable football discussions. All you want to do is talk about how the QB sucks. You take a very superficial approach to looking at these games.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 11:24 AM
We let them? You do realize that these other teams they are playing are professional football players, also? And I didn't say we played well either. No one is saying they played good. The defense was a tale of two halfs.

no no no.u have to blame Romo..The D is always amazing and if they give up a TD that is because Romo does not care

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Everybody in the NFL would rather beat the Cowboys as much as a division or oldtime rival. The Cowboys need to realize that they have to step it up like some of the teams they are playing each week. They beat those that are in a downward spiral like Buffalo or Washington with decent efforts, but fail to step it up against the motivated teams like Philly earlier this season, or AZ yesterday. Plodding along week to week will not beat the good teams, and will cost wins against the truly motivated ones, the ones the way up, or the truly good week-to-week teams. These teams are not going to lay down---they must be beaten by a greater effort and a higher level of play. The Cowboys are not mentally or physicaly tough enough right now to last in the playoffs. Garrett is still feeling his way---and he still looks like a rookie coach in certain situations. I think he will overcome a lot of his inexperience during the remainder of this season, but I think it will be next season before the Cowboys will begin to show the kind of consistency and level of play that we have come to expect from them during the glory seasons. Go Cowboys!

I think a agree with this Bull! The ironic thing about all this J. Garrett crap is that if I remember correctly J. Garrett wasn't really thought of very highly as a O-cordinator for this team! I honestly believe Garrett earned everything he has gotten during that single season the Cowboys had a great year and went 13-3. He became the "Hot Commodity" around the NFL and Jerry went overboard with trying to keep him. Since then I have seen very little from him that instills any kind of awe or appreciation for what he does! His play calling is very, very suspect a lot of the time and his team is very undisciplined at times and this is supposed to be his strong point.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I think a agree with this Bull! The ironic thing about all this J. Garrett crap is that if I remember correctly J. Garrett wasn't really thought of very highly as a O-cordinator for this team! I honestly believe Garrett earned everything he has gotten during that single season the Cowboys had a great year and went 13-3. He became the "Hot Commodity" around the NFL and Jerry went overboard with trying to keep him. Since then I have seen very little from him that instills any kind of awe or appreciation for what he does! His play calling is very, very suspect a lot of the time and his team is very undisciplined at times and this is supposed to be his strong point.

And the team had penalty problems under the great Parcells and Phillips..I dont know if Garrett is the answer, but he does deserve time to see if he is

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 11:32 AM

I'm a huge Garrett fan, but I can't really disagree with your comments.

What I would like to see happen is for him to bring in an OC (Norv or Chryst) and be the HC. What happened yesterday is why you need a HC - manage TOs, etc. I actually think Garrett will prove to be a very good HC. Unfortunately, I tend to agree that his playcalling is suspect.

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Excuses?! YOu are full of it. Most of us try to have reasonable football discussions. All you want to do is talk about how the QB sucks. You take a very superficial approach to looking at these games.

Seriously, I take exception to the insinuation that disagreeing with you is a "Superficial" approach to looking at a game. From my perspective to simple examine the game by looking at Romo's stats or numbers is the "Superficial approach"! There is a whole other side to a football game that doesn't get measured by QB rating. There are a ton of intangibles that could measure a QB's effectiveness also. Romo has numerous decisions to make during a single pass play and just because he DOESN'T make a bad one also doesn't mean he made a good one! Reading the defenses and properly executing his check downs is huge for a QB at this level! Not going through his read progressions is just as bad of a mistake as making the wrong decision if his team doesn't gain an advantage. Nobody else on the team can audiable at the line! Nobody else on the team can make the decision as to which receiver to throw the ball to! and nobody else on the team can make the decision if the play is advised or not advised! All this falls on the QB's shoulders. Almost without exception the success or failure of a passing game for a NFL team is dependant on the execution of the QB! You guys let him off the hook way too often but even a "timing route" by a receiver must be read by the QB and a decision made. At no point is it acceptable for a QB to just throw the ball to a spot without first determining where the defense is playing. So like I have said many, many times it might not be what Romo does that makes me claim he had a bad game but rather what Romo DOESN'T do! And that is what seperates Romo from the Bradys, Brees and Rogers of the world. At times Romo is capable of these great things. But not near often enough and not with any consistency.....................

But I also have to admit that I get too aggressive with my exclaimations of failure by Romo these days! but I know it comes from the fact that I have seen and read the Romo excuses ad nauseum during the recent years so I over-react on every single Romo mistake to compensate. And that's exactly what all you guys do from the other perspective....................... We are nothing but a bunch of OVER-REACTORS. :wave:

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 11:54 AM
And the team had penalty problems under the great Parcells and Phillips..I dont know if Garrett is the answer, but he does deserve time to see if he is

And how many of the existing players played under Parcels? If all the "New Guys" are doing exactly what the "Old Guys" did then the problem is with something consistent! And from my memory the only consistent parts with this team from Parcels to Garrett is Romo and Jerry Jones! OK, there are few others but my first statement sounded better! Here goes: Tony Romo is the reason the Cowboys have so many penalties on defense!!!!!!!! :)

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Seriously, I take exception to the insinuation that disagreeing with you is a "Superficial" approach to looking at a game. From my perspective to simple examine the game by looking at Romo's stats or numbers is the "Superficial approach"! There is a whole other side to a football game that doesn't get measured by QB rating. There are a ton of intangibles that could measure a QB's effectiveness also. Romo has numerous decisions to make during a single pass play and just because he DOESN'T make a bad one also doesn't mean he made a good one! Reading the defenses and properly executing his check downs is huge for a QB at this level! Not going through his read progressions is just as bad of a mistake as making the wrong decision if his team doesn't gain an advantage. Nobody else on the team can audiable at the line! Nobody else on the team can make the decision as to which receiver to throw the ball to! and nobody else on the team can make the decision if the play is advised or not advised! All this falls on the QB's shoulders. Almost without exception the success or failure of a passing game for a NFL team is dependant on the execution of the QB! You guys let him off the hook way too often but even a "timing route" by a receiver must be read by the QB and a decision made. At no point is it acceptable for a QB to just throw the ball to a spot without first determining where the defense is playing. So like I have said many, many times it might not be what Romo does that makes me claim he had a bad game but rather what Romo DOESN'T do! And that is what seperates Romo from the Bradys, Brees and Rogers of the world. At times Romo is capable of these great things. But not near often enough and not with any consistency.....................

But I also have to admit that I get too aggressive with my exclaimations of failure by Romo these days! but I know it comes from the fact that I have seen and read the Romo excuses ad nauseum during the recent years so I over-react on every single Romo mistake to compensate. And that's exactly what all you guys do from the other perspective....................... We are nothing but a bunch of OVER-REACTORS. :wave:

That comment was not directed to you.

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Lets See Romo..throws for 299 yards and a TD..95 QB rating..makes the throw to put Dallas in position for the win..so what did he do wrong agian?

Obviously he was 1 (ONE) good play away from winning the game! Romo had 67 touches (opportunities) of the football and the second most touches was by D. Murray with 12!

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Obviously he was 1 (ONE) good play away from winning the game! Romo had 67 touches (opportunities) of the football and the second most touches was by D. Murray with 12!

and? Romo led the team late in the game and put them in position to win. That is all he can do...blame Garrett, Bailey or the D, but Romo did nothing to lose the game yesterday

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Lets See Romo..throws for 299 yards and a TD..95 QB rating..makes the throw to put Dallas in position for the win..so what did he do wrong agian?Did Romo forget he had timeouts? In the replays i've seen after the completion he's running downfield and signaling he's going to spike the ball to kill the clock? I think he forgot he had timeouts. A timeout could of come from the sidelines also but didn't. There was 25 secs left after the receiver was down.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Truth is, this is just the norm for Dallas. Something just don't seem/feel right to me in regards to this staff. They have the players IMO, and should just be kicking butt. But each week, something goofy happens in their games.This is so true, always seems there is going be something goofy late to cost them the game.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Did Romo forget he had timeouts? In the replays i've seen after the completion he's running downfield and signaling he's going to spike the ball to kill the clock? I think he forgot he had timeouts. A timeout could of come from the sidelines also but didn't. There was 25 secs left after the receiver was down.

The QBs have a headphone in their ear..with how Garrett handled the situation Romo was saying spike it because that is what he was told

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
and? Romo led the team late in the game and put them in position to win. That is all he can do...blame Garrett, Bailey or the D, but Romo did nothing to lose the game yesterday

Nobody said he did anything to lose it TXB............ What I have repeatedly said is that Romo didn't do enough to WIN it! 13 points beats the Cardinals (or any other team) about ZERO times out of 100!

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Nobody said he did anything to lose it TXB............ What I have repeatedly said is that Romo didn't do enough to WIN it! 13 points beats the Cardinals (or any other team) about ZERO times out of 100!

Just wow..this is the Romo haters..they blame Romo for everything..romo without a running game, without a healthy WR corp, without a OL to block still threw for 299 and a 95 rating, yet he did not do enough...of course they dont remember the drops and Felix Jones having no clue where the ball was on a sure TD

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Did Romo forget he had timeouts? In the replays i've seen after the completion he's running downfield and signaling he's going to spike the ball to kill the clock? I think he forgot he had timeouts. A timeout could of come from the sidelines also but didn't. There was 25 secs left after the receiver was down.

Once again if you don't make excuses for Romo then you must assume he didn't have a clue as to what is going on at that point! He is running up the field giving the "spike" motion and yet when asked about why he didn't call a timeout his answer was that he didn't know if they had made a 1st down or not! Well if he thought they had not made the 1st on a 3rd down play then why would he want to go spike the 4th down play? At that point the ONLY intelligent thing to do was call a timeout to stop the clock as soon as Dez went down regardless of what down it ended up being.

buff4ever
12-05-2011, 03:28 PM
That comment was not directed to you.

Oh mac, it doesn't just have to be about me, his point was legit, don't disregard it because it didn't come from me. Once again, I don't like romo as the cowboys qb, if we can't make the playoffs or get past first game again this year, that would be way too many. I am not going to sit here and look up pro stats, don't care that much. Am a cowboy fan, always have been, and I don't think he is what we need in that leadership role.

I honestly think that you and the others keep hoping that he will work out, and focus on his good points only, and ignore the negatives, that I think are worse than his positives are positive.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Oh mac, it doesn't just have to be about me, his point was legit, don't disregard it because it didn't come from me. Once again, I don't like romo as the cowboys qb, if we can't make the playoffs or get past first game again this year, that would be way too many. I am not going to sit here and look up pro stats, don't care that much. Am a cowboy fan, always have been, and I don't think he is what we need in that leadership role.

I honestly think that you and the others keep hoping that he will work out, and focus on his good points only, and ignore the negatives, that I think are worse than his positives are positive.

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Just wow..this is the Romo haters..they blame Romo for everything..romo without a running game, without a healthy WR corp, without a OL to block still threw for 299 and a 95 rating, yet he did not do enough...of course they dont remember the drops and Felix Jones having no clue where the ball was on a sure TD

You just can't stop making excuses can you?
The running game averaged 3.8 yards per attempt on limited attempts yesterday which is below average but it's still better than the GB Packer's running game! This "unhealthy" wide receiver corp has been the talk of the NFL for weeks now! Why does it suddenly become a issue because Romo isn't able to find the open man? And the O-line was very mediocre in that game yesterday but 3 of the 5 sacks were 100% on Romo! There are at least 10 teams in the playoff hunt right now with worse O-lines than the Cowboys. Of course with Romo the O-line has to be really good or we get excuses!
And I did mention the drops and Felix Jones was my very first post on this thread! I have also stated that Romo is the only player on the team that gets 47 chances to put up points! The next highest opportunites was D. Murray with 12! Felix Jones only had 7 touches in the game and 6 of his rushes averaged 6 yards which is higher than any NFL average. Tony Romo only managed 13 points on 67 offensive plays and that is unacceptable for even a average team! Yet you seem satisfied with that.......................You know based on NFL rankings the Dallas O-line is about in the middle of the pack. they are in the top 15 in rushing, passing and sacks allowed! but also just like the pre-J. Kitna era last year and all of 09' they are ranked #30 in scoring! I'm not just pulling crap out of hat when I say Romo isn't doing enough to make his team win. According to YOU all Romo has to do is "Get them in a positon to win"! but I say Romo is paid to make sure they win! I really don't want my 12 million dollar a year veteran QB leaving it up to a undrafted rookie FG kicker..............but call me silly!

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 03:43 PM
The running game averaged 3.8 yards per attempt on limited attempts yesterday which is below average but it's still better than the GB Packer's running game! This "unhealthy" wide receiver corp has been the talk of the NFL for weeks now! Why does it suddenly become a issue because Romo isn't able to find the open man? And the O-line was very mediocre in that game yesterday but 3 of the 5 sacks were 100% on Romo! There are at least 10 teams in the playoff hunt right now with worse O-lines than the Cowboys. Of course with Romo the O-line has to be really good or we get excuses!
And I did mention the drops and Felix Jones was my very first post on this thread! I have also stated that Romo is the only player on the team that gets 47 chances to put up points! The next highest opportunites was D. Murray with 12! Felix Jones only had 7 touches in the game and 6 of his rushes averaged 6 yards which is higher than any NFL average. Tony Romo only managed 13 points on 67 offensive plays and that is unacceptable for even a average team! Yet you seem satisfied with that.......................You know based on NFL rankings the Dallas O-line is about in the middle of the pack. they are in the top 15 in rushing, passing and sacks allowed! but also just like the pre-J. Kitna era last year and all of 09' they are ranked #30 in scoring! I'm not just pulling crap out of hat when I say Romo isn't doing enough to make his team win. According to YOU all Romo has to do is "Get them in a positon to win"! but I say Romo is paid to make sure they win! I really don't want my 12 million dollar a year veteran QB leaving it up to a undrafted rookie FG kicker..............but call me silly!Well if you want to say that romo had a chance to score every time he touched the ball well then you would have to say the Center has more chances then romo. That would be just as silly because there are 11 players on offense that have to execute not 1!

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 03:51 PM
And I did mention the drops and Felix Jones was my very first post on this thread! I have also stated that Romo is the only player on the team that gets 47 chances to put up points! The next highest opportunites was D. Murray with 12! Felix Jones only had 7 touches in the game and 6 of his rushes averaged 6 yards which is higher than any NFL average. Tony Romo only managed 13 points on 67 offensive plays and that is unacceptable for even a average team! Yet you seem satisfied with that.......................You know based on NFL rankings the Dallas O-line is about in the middle of the pack. they are in the top 15 in rushing, passing and sacks allowed! but also just like the pre-J. Kitna era last year and all of 09' they are ranked #30 in scoring! I'm not just pulling crap out of hat when I say Romo isn't doing enough to make his team win. According to YOU all Romo has to do is "Get them in a positon to win"! but I say Romo is paid to make sure they win! I really don't want my 12 million dollar a year veteran QB leaving it up to a undrafted rookie FG kicker..............but call me silly!

once again..Romo threw for 299 yards a TD and drove the team in the last 3 mins of the game to put Dallas in place for the win. I honestly dont know what else you can ask for from a QB

When did the WR group become the talk of the NFL? I mean seriously where is all this press your claiming is on this group?

You do realize the final drive was stopped by Garrett right? Romo did not waste the TOs, the HC did..but let me guess you think Romo should just do what he wants and call a TO

pirate4state
12-05-2011, 03:53 PM

Add, Garrett blew this.

Agreed.

I hate Green Bay, but they are sure fun to watch!

pirate4state
12-05-2011, 04:07 PM

once again..Romo threw for 299 yards a TD and drove the team in the last 3 mins of the game to put Dallas in place for the win. I honestly dont know what else you can ask for from a QB

When did the WR group become the talk of the NFL? I mean seriously where is all this press your claiming is on this group?

You do realize the final drive was stopped by Garrett right? Romo did not waste the TOs, the HC did..but let me guess you think Romo should just do what he wants and call a TO

What else can I ask for from a QB? How about him knowing that he converted a huge 3rd down with time winding down? Hell even if he couldn't see that far down...why not call a time out anyway? Are you telling me our QB admitted he did not know if he had any time outs or how many he had on the last drive of the game?!?!?

Look, I'm not putting on the blame on him because Garrett screwed this up big time, but you asked so that's my answer. The play calling & execution at critical times on BOTH sides of the ball was piss poor. We deserved to lose that game. The fact that we could only manage 13 points speaks volumes. You go ahead and make whatever execuses you feel you need to make and I'll go back to my "expect the worse" corner and be happy when we manage to win games. LOL

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 04:14 PM
What else can I ask for from a QB? How about him knowing that he converted a huge 3rd down with time winding down? Hell even if he couldn't see that far down...why not call a time out anyway? Are you telling me our QB admitted he did not know if he had any time outs or how many he had on the last drive of the game?!?!?

Look, I'm not putting on the blame on him because Garrett screwed this up big time, but you asked so that's my answer. The play calling & execution at critical times on BOTH sides of the ball was piss poor. We deserved to lose that game. The fact that we could only manage 13 points speaks volumes. You go ahead and make whatever execuses you feel you need to make and I'll go back to my "expect the worse" corner and be happy when we manage to win games. LOLIt was garret not romo that chose not to take a time out. He said in the press conference that he thought once they got to the 30 they felt good about going ahead and letting bailey win the game for them. I dont understand it and wether or not romo agreed or not doesnt matter he has to do what his coach says no matter how dumb it sounds.
But on the other hand the defense should have been able to hold the card to less than 13 so it goes both ways

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 04:16 PM

Look, I'm not putting on the blame on him because Garrett screwed this up big time, but you asked so that's my answer. The play calling & execution at critical times on BOTH sides of the ball was piss poor. We deserved to lose that game. The fact that we could only manage 13 points speaks volumes. You go ahead and make whatever execuses you feel you need to make and I'll go back to my "expect the worse" corner and be happy when we manage to win games. LOL

I have seen nothing saying Romo said he did not know how many time outs, if u have the article please link me

but..even saying he did say that...Tom Brady said on one of the games where he was wearing a mic to the OC, I thought we called our time outs..it is ALWAYS the coaches job to make sure the players know the time outs..especially when they can talk to the QB thru the headsets between plays

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 04:24 PM

Damn TXB! How much simplier can I say it? You keep asking what more Romo could have done and I keep saying if he just does what 80% of all other QBs have done against the Cardinals this season they win the game and it never comes down to a rookie FG kicker!!!! Geez! You are happy with 299 yards from Romo against this Cardinals team that gave up that many yards to Cam Newton, Rex Grossman, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Ben Rothesburger, Joe Flacco, and Sam Bradford(twice). The Cardinals gave up more than 13 points 9 times already this season! All I want from my offense is to be at least AVERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Cardinals average giving up 22 points a game and your boy Tony scored 13! So there is a lot more he could have done.

And I do realize that the final drive was stopped by Garrett! But do you realize the next to last drive was stopped by Romo's delay of game penalty which persipitated a false start on the next play? And do you also realize the 1st drive was stopped by 2 very, very, very poor passes thrown by Romo after the team was driving the ball right down the Cards throats? I promise you those were audiables called by Tony after he saw the Cardinals were sneaking extra players up to the line! Romo throws to a blanketed receiver for an incompletion and then on the very next play (3rd and about 7) Tony throws to a open receiver running open down the sidelines except Tony throws the ball 5 yards out of bounds! End of drive! End of momentum! And any QB in the NFL worth his wieght in spit calls a TO on that final long pass to Dez! There is no way Romo is listening to anyone in his headphones tell him to NOT call a TO. That is just another excuse on your part to take the heat off Romo!

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Damn TXB! How much simplier can I say it? You keep asking what more Romo could have done and I keep saying if he just does what 80% of all other QBs have done against the Cardinals this season they win the game and it never comes down to a rookie FG kicker!!!! Geez! You are happy with 299 yards from Romo against this Cardinals team that gave up that many yards to Cam Newton, Rex Grossman, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Ben Rothesburger, Joe Flacco, and Sam Bradford(twice). The Cardinals gave up more than 13 points 9 times already this season! All I want from my offense is to be at least AVERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Cardinals average giving up 22 points a game and your boy Tony scored 13! So there is a lot more he could have done.

And I do realize that the final drive was stopped by Garrett! But do you realize the next to last drive was stopped by Romo's delay of game penalty which persipitated a false start on the next play? And do you also realize the 1st drive was stopped by 2 very, very, very poor passes thrown by Romo after the team was driving the ball right down the Cards throats? I promise you those were audiables called by Tony after he saw the Cardinals were sneaking extra players up to the line! Romo throws to a blanketed receiver for an incompletion and then on the very next play (3rd and about 7) Tony throws to a open receiver running open down the sidelines except Tony throws the ball 5 yards out of bounds! End of drive! End of momentum! And any QB in the NFL worth his wieght in spit calls a TO on that final long pass to Dez! There is no way Romo is listening to anyone in his headphones tell him to NOT call a TO. That is just another excuse on your part to take the heat off Romo!WOW!!! Just WOW!

Farmersfan
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
It was garret not romo that chose not to take a time out. He said in the press conference that he thought once they got to the 30 they felt good about going ahead and letting bailey win the game for them. I dont understand it and wether or not romo agreed or not doesnt matter he has to do what his coach says no matter how dumb it sounds.
But on the other hand the defense should have been able to hold the card to less than 13 so it goes both ways

The Cardinals score 19 points a game. They scored 27 against the Giants, 20 against Pittsburg and 27 against the Ravens!

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
the cardinals score 19 points a game. They scored 27 against the giants, 20 against pittsburg and 27 against the ravens!and?

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2011, 04:29 PM

And I do realize that the final drive was stopped by Garrett! But do you realize the next to last drive was stopped by Romo's delay of game penalty which persipitated a false start on the next play? And do you also realize the 1st drive was stopped by 2 very, very, very poor passes thrown by Romo after the team was driving the ball right down the Cards throats? I promise you those were audiables called by Tony after he saw the Cardinals were sneaking extra players up to the line! Romo throws to a blanketed receiver for an incompletion and then on the very next play (3rd and about 7) Tony throws to a open receiver running open down the sidelines except Tony throws the ball 5 yards out of bounds! End of drive! End of momentum! And any QB in the NFL worth his wieght in spit calls a TO on that final long pass to Dez! There is no way Romo is listening to anyone in his headphones tell him to NOT call a TO. That is just another excuse on your part to take the heat off Romo!

I get it..when Dallas wins Romo is not the reason..when they lose he is the reason..I dont give a rats ass what other QBs did on other days..the fact is in THIS GAME Romo did what it took, he made the plays but the coaching, special team and even the D did not...If Romo had thrown a int or fumbled I would understand what your saying, but the fact is he had no ints, no fumbles in a game where he was sacked 5 times and hit 15 times yet you say it is his fault.You dont even think anyone else is to blame..that is the sad part

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
They also only managed 10 points against the seahawks and vikings

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM

I'm not going to sit here and tell you the offense played great. They didn't. I don't think you can argue the point that Romo was the best offensive player they had yesterday. Again, that's not saying much, but I will say again: 5 sacks, numerous play where he ran for his life, 32 yards rushing by Murray (Garrett's fault), WR issues - drops/slips & no separation, Witten being virtually taken out of the game, perfect pass to Felix which should have been a TD.

Sometimes you have to admit that the other team played well. Arizona actually played a really good game.

And I do realize that the final drive was stopped by Garrett! But do you realize the next to last drive was stopped by Romo's delay of game penalty which persipitated a false start on the next play?

I've rewatched this play. That delay was not on Romo! He was yelling and waiving his arms and legs trying to get Costa to snap the ball. That one was on Costa. Costa is horrible.

And do you also realize the 1st drive was stopped by 2 very, very, very poor passes thrown by Romo after the team was driving the ball right down the Cards throats? I promise you those were audiables called by Tony after he saw the Cardinals were sneaking extra players up to the line! Romo throws to a blanketed receiver for an incompletion and then on the very next play (3rd and about 7) Tony throws to a open receiver running open down the sidelines except Tony throws the ball 5 yards out of bounds! End of drive! End of momentum! And any QB in the NFL worth his wieght in spit calls a TO on that final long pass to Dez! There is no way Romo is listening to anyone in his headphones tell him to NOT call a TO. That is just another excuse on your part to take the heat off Romo!

I've watched this game twice now and I saw very very few wide open receivers. The WRs got very little separation yesterday. I'm not knocking the WRs as much as I'm crediting the Cardinals. Again, sometimes the other team plays well. If you remember, most of the passes completed were very contested receptions. They had our receivers blanketed.

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 05:05 PM
BTW, Garrett just said in his press conference that Tony is coached to always get the team to the LOS as fast as he can to stop the clock. So, it sounds to me like the TO that should have been used there is on the coach.

pirate4state
12-05-2011, 05:18 PM
It was garret not romo that chose not to take a time out. He said in the press conference that he thought once they got to the 30 they felt good about going ahead and letting bailey win the game for them. I dont understand it and wether or not romo agreed or not doesnt matter he has to do what his coach says no matter how dumb it sounds.

Then taking a TO as your kicker is set to kick makes NO SENSE. I stay away from press conferences and all things media after wins and especially after losses. I can not stand to listen to the excuses and lame answers. Beats the hell out of me why I feel the need to read the crap on this thread, but I guess print is easier than listening and looking at the pathetic looks on their faces. haha

Macarthur
12-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Then taking a TO as your kicker is set to kick makes NO SENSE. I stay away from press conferences and all things media after wins and especially after losses. I can not stand to listen to the excuses and lame answers. Beats the hell out of me why I feel the need to read the crap on this thread, but I guess print is easier than listening and looking at the pathetic looks on their faces. haha

Again, if you think that your FG team is not ready, then call the TO. The TO there is not the issue, IMO. If you take a delay pentalty there, that's a killer.

The issue is not calling the TO after the Dez catch. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear all of the conf so I don't know if he answered that one.

sinton66
12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Recent history should tell you that the Cards ALWAYS play Dallas tough, especially in Arizona. They played a hell of a defensive game. (And I'm a die-hard Dallas fan.)

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Then taking a TO as your kicker is set to kick makes NO SENSE. I stay away from press conferences and all things media after wins and especially after losses. I can not stand to listen to the excuses and lame answers. Beats the hell out of me why I feel the need to read the crap on this thread, but I guess print is easier than listening and looking at the pathetic looks on their faces. hahaWell I didnt say it made since! lol I was screaming at the tv to call a timeout and was pissed that they , yet once again, settled for a field goal try instead of going for more.Believe me I feel your pain!:weeping::D

bobcat1
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I've been thinking about this all day. Sure Garrett blew it but where is the blame for Bailey in all this? He didn't even get the ball to the goalpost on a 49 yard try on the second kick. What's up with that?. On Mike and Mike this morning they said Dallas did get the consolation prize. They carried a timeout home with them. Idiots one and all!

yellaseeker
12-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Guys, guys, guys!!!!!!!!!! You can't blame it on one person. The whole damn orgnization sucks, starting at the top. America's team my ass! Good job redbirds. Can't wait for the cowgirls-giants game.

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I get it..when Dallas wins Romo is not the reason..when they lose he is the reason..I dont give a rats ass what other QBs did on other days..the fact is in THIS GAME Romo did what it took, he made the plays but the coaching, special team and even the D did not...If Romo had thrown a int or fumbled I would understand what your saying, but the fact is he had no ints, no fumbles in a game where he was sacked 5 times and hit 15 times yet you say it is his fault.You dont even think anyone else is to blame..that is the sad part

Everyday you sound more and more like coach! Nobody in this thread or any other that I have seen has said Romo is the only reason for these stupid loses! Except maybe the Lions game with his 2 pick sixes! And this subject would die without much fanfare at all if you and some others would quite defending Romo like he is your brother-in-law or something. Every single person can make up their own minds based on what they see on the field and about half the world has decided Romo sucks! You don't have to like it and you don't have to try and change their minds! Yet you still do! While the rest of us are blaming the entire team from the FG kicker to the coaches and still putting the bulk of the blame on the team leader and field General who isn't inspiring any kind effort out of his team mates or consistently creating plays when plays are needed you are blaming everyone BUT the field General and team leader! Of all the posters on here you are the one who normally makes the most sense about things EXCEPT when it comes to the Romo debate. You lose all your credibility points (with me anyway) when you attempt to blame the defense for a loss when they hold the other team to 13 points! It's a irrational and illogical assumption to think the defense can be expected to hold offenses to 13 points or less. The greatest defense in the history of the game (85' Bears) allowed 12.5 points a game that season. Its frusterating at hell for this defense to give up a last minute drive for a go ahead score but if that "go ahead" score is only the second score of the game that they have given up then I'll take that every single time and expect the offense to beat that. And to me it's even more frusterating for our offense to do a 3 and out on their last possession that could clinch the win. Never, never, never, never, never is it preferrable to put the ball in your opponents hands instead of keeping it yourself. Except perhaps in the movie Waterboy!
The bottom line is Romo is a BIG reason for this team's success but he is also a big reason for their complete flops. We are going to expect all the other players around our franchise QB to be perfect then we have no need for a 12 million a year franchise QB! If we had a 85' Bears defense we could win a Superbowl with McGee at the QB spot. Romo is our Go-To guy and Big Man on Campus on this offense and the G0-To guy has to get it done! Period.................
Dirk was our Go-To guy with the Mavs for years and failed to get it done until he elevated his game to win the title last season! It can be done. I do expect Romo to elevate his game and get this done or move over and make room for the next wanna-be!

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I've been thinking about this all day. Sure Garrett blew it but where is the blame for Bailey in all this? He didn't even get the ball to the goalpost on a 49 yard try on the second kick. What's up with that?. On Mike and Mike this morning they said Dallas did get the consolation prize. They carried a timeout home with them. Idiots one and all!

Of course Bailey is to blame! But you have to ask what is the realistic expectations in that scenerio? Bailey is a undrafted rookie who has had a wonderful year so far but 50 yard FGs are made only about 50% of the time on average in the NFL! He isn't Janikowski. My biggest concern with this whole thing is the lack of confidence that Garrett showed in his offense (particularly his QB). His only mention in the press conference of anything that might explain his thinking was when he said that they had quite a few negative plays in this game and he didn't want to have one there which would take his kicker completely out of range. REALLY? What does that say about the offense when the Head Coach would rather burn 25 seconds off the clock and try a 49 yard FG (50/50 chances) with a rookie kicker than to put the ball in the hands of your veteran QB with at least 2 plays and 25 seconds to get the kick closer? Everything I have ever said about Romo is summed up in that one comment!

Bullaholic
12-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm riding with Garrett until the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs, or go past 1 deep in the playoffs over the next couple of seasons.

I'm riding with Bailey until he misses a lot more than 3 FG's.

I'm riding with Romo until there is absoulutely no doubt that he was the major reason that the Cowboys blow several big games, especially playoff games.

pirate4state
12-06-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm riding with Garrett until the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs, or go past 1 deep in the playoffs over the next couple of seasons.

I'm riding with Bailey until he misses a lot more than 3 FG's.

I'm riding with Romo until there is absoulutely no doubt that he was the major reason that the Cowboys blow several big games, especially playoff games.

Me too. I've been through 1-15. Pretty sure I can get through this. haha. You think being a Cowboy fan is tough? What about being a Jags or Colts fan?! Yikes!

pancho villa
12-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Go Texans!

Bullaholic
12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Go Texans!

I agree, Pancho. I'd love to see a Cowboy/Texan SB. Viva La Tejas!

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I agree, Pancho. I'd love to see a Cowboy/Texan SB. Viva La Tejas!

Sorry, but how the hell did you get to a cowboy/texans super bowl from pancho saying go texans???

Wow.

Bullaholic
12-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Sorry, but how the hell did you get to a cowboy/texans super bowl from pancho saying go texans???

Wow.

Strictly wishfull thinking. No harm in that is there, buff?

Macarthur
12-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Of course Bailey is to blame! But you have to ask what is the realistic expectations in that scenerio? Bailey is a undrafted rookie who has had a wonderful year so far but 50 yard FGs are made only about 50% of the time on average in the NFL! He isn't Janikowski. My biggest concern with this whole thing is the lack of confidence that Garrett showed in his offense (particularly his QB). His only mention in the press conference of anything that might explain his thinking was when he said that they had quite a few negative plays in this game and he didn't want to have one there which would take his kicker completely out of range. REALLY? What does that say about the offense when the Head Coach would rather burn 25 seconds off the clock and try a 49 yard FG (50/50 chances) with a rookie kicker than to put the ball in the hands of your veteran QB with at least 2 plays and 25 seconds to get the kick closer? Everything I have ever said about Romo is summed up in that one comment!

I agree with all your comments here except one. I think this is a negative reflection on Garrett and not Romo. Garrett is coaching scared. Romo, regardless of what some detractors want you to believe, is having a good year and historically has been very solid in the 4th quarter. And even if you don't want to throw the ball, line up in a spread formation and run a draw or something. a couple of yards there makes a huge difference.

I listened to more of the press conference last night and I think the bottom line is that Garrett just froze. I think he had brain lock. It's very disconcerning and really drives home the point that he needs to bring someone else in to run the offense so he can focus on managing the team and game.

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Strictly wishfull thinking. No harm in that is there, buff?

No, there's not, that would be fun, I just thought it was rather funny. Texans have lost 2 quarterbacks, and the cowboys have already lost a december game.

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Other than the fact that Romo is the only part of this team that hasn't been changed/upgraded in the past 5 seasons and the results are the same?

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Other than the fact that Romo is the only part of this team that hasn't been changed/upgraded in the past 5 seasons and the results are the same?How are the results the same? They have had a winning record every year Romo has played the entire season. Before him we had records of 5-11 (3 years in arow) 9-7, 9-7. Since 13-3, 10-6 and now are 7-5 with several key injuries. No he isnt the best qb but he is doing a great job with what he has to work with.

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I agree with all your comments here except one. I think this is a negative reflection on Garrett and not Romo. Garrett is coaching scared. Romo, regardless of what some detractors want you to believe, is having a good year and historically has been very solid in the 4th quarter. And even if you don't want to throw the ball, line up in a spread formation and run a draw or something. a couple of yards there makes a huge difference.

I listened to more of the press conference last night and I think the bottom line is that Garrett just froze. I think he had brain lock. It's very disconcerning and really drives home the point that he needs to bring someone else in to run the offense so he can focus on managing the team and game.

Great points with a lot of validity Mac! But I can't really get behind the idea that Garrett is the problem for not having faith in his QB (or offense). Doesn't add up! Why is Garrett coaching scared? He wasn't born this way! He is coaching with a mindset that has developed over a period of time watching or coaching Tony Romo on a daily basis! He hears all! He sees all! So if Tony Romo is what you claimed he is then Garrett's natural progression would be to put the game in Romo's hands in crunchtime! Yet he rejected that idea in favor of putting it in the hands of a rookie, undrafted FG kicker. Either subconsciously or by design! Either way I think it shows the world just how much he really thinks about his franchise QB! I am told that I don't know much but I do know when 2+2 adds up to 4!

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Other than the fact that Romo is the only part of this team that hasn't been changed/upgraded in the past 5 seasons and the results are the same?

you mean it being the same in nthat when Romo plays a full season the Cowboys win the division?

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 11:30 AM
How are the results the same? They have had a winning record every year Romo has played the entire season. Before him we had records of 5-11 (3 years in arow) 9-7, 9-7. Since 13-3, 10-6 and now are 7-5 with several key injuries. No he isnt the best qb but he is doing a great job with what he has to work with.

You forgot to add a couple of 9-7 seasons and a 1-6 to Romo's 6 year career. And all you just proved is that Tony Romo + a bunch of talent upgrades is better than Quincy Carter! You win! :)

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 11:33 AM
You forgot to add a couple of 9-7 seasons and a 1-6 to Romo's 6 year career. And all you just proved is that Tony Romo + a bunch of talent upgrades is better than Quincy Carter! You win! :)

Read what he said FF..he said when Romo plays the ENTIRE season...cant blame him for a 9-7 when he was 8-5 in the season

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 11:36 AM
you mean it being the same in nthat when Romo plays a full season the Cowboys win the division?

Which is 2 out of the previous 5 seasons! and then they fall flat on their faces in the playoffs with a 1-2 record! Kind of a lame stat that does nothing to support Romo! I think we all agree Romo is better than the back up or the 3rd stringer.......

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Which is 2 out of the previous 5 seasons! and then they fall flat on their faces in the playoffs with a 1-2 record! Kind of a lame stat that does nothing to support Romo! I think we all agree Romo is better than the back up or the 3rd stringer.......

ur right he is a top 10-15 QB and with how he is playing this year you can make a case for being top 5

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Read what he said FF..he said when Romo plays the ENTIRE season...cant blame him for a 9-7 when he was 8-5 in the season

I did read it and it's just as lame as you making the same statement! You are taking 2 years out of a 6 year career and assuming the team wins the games that Romo didn't play in! You are making your point by ASSUMING! It doesn't work that way..............

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 11:51 AM
I did read it and it's just as lame as you making the same statement! You are taking 2 years out of a 6 year career and assuming the team wins the games that Romo didn't play in! You are making your point by ASSUMING! It doesn't work that way..............

huh? Not assuming anything..in 08 Dallas was 8-5 with Romo 1-2 without him..06 they were 6-4 with him 3-3 without...cannot blame him anymore for the losses he was hurt in than someone trying to give him credit for any of the wins 2010 when he was hurt

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
ur right he is a top 10-15 QB and with how he is playing this year you can make a case for being top 5

And you go full circle back to the beginning again!!! LOL! by looking at the stats it can't be argued that Romo has the stats of a top 10 QB! But once again not many of the TOP 10 QBs in this league would put up just 13 points against the Arizona Cardinals................. In fact none did! Even the worse rated QB in the NFL put up more than 20 TWICE against this Cardinals defense. When measured against the intangibles of playing QB in the NFL Romo falls WAY short! And this fact is made obvious by the actions of his own head coach on Sunday! (Now, how's that for a leap in logic?) :)

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
And you go full circle back to the beginning again!!! LOL! by looking at the stats it can't be argued that Romo has the stats of a top 10 QB! But once again not many of the TOP 10 QBs in this league would put up just 13 points against the Arizona Cardinals................. In fact none did! Even the worse rated QB in the NFL put up more than 20 TWICE against this Cardinals defense. When measured against the intangibles of playing QB in the NFL Romo falls WAY short! And this fact is made obvious by the actions of his own head coach on Sunday! (Now, how's that for a leap in logic?) :)If your gonna compare Romos stats to the other qb's facing the cards, then you have to consider what defensive game plan they were playing against and how good their oline was. You cant just say that romo couldnt score more than 13. It takes a team not just the qb

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
And you go full circle back to the beginning again!!! LOL! by looking at the stats it can't be argued that Romo has the stats of a top 10 QB! But once again not many of the TOP 10 QBs in this league would put up just 13 points against the Arizona Cardinals................. In fact none did! Even the worse rated QB in the NFL put up more than 20 TWICE against this Cardinals defense. When measured against the intangibles of playing QB in the NFL Romo falls WAY short! And this fact is made obvious by the actions of his own head coach on Sunday! (Now, how's that for a leap in logic?) :)

yea cause Romo was the only Cowboy on the field so all of it falls on him..nevermind he had a really good game even though he as sacked 5 times, his WRs had 6 drops and Jones had a huge *** moment when he could not even look up on a sure TD

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
yea cause Romo was the only Cowboy on the field so all of it falls on him..nevermind he had a really good game even though he as sacked 5 times, his WRs had 6 drops and Jones had a huge *** moment when he could not even look up on a sure TDNot to mention the one witten missed as well

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 12:02 PM
huh? Not assuming anything..in 08 Dallas was 8-5 with Romo 1-2 without him..06 they were 6-4 with him 3-3 without...cannot blame him anymore for the losses he was hurt in than someone trying to give him credit for any of the wins 2010 when he was hurt

So Romo is better than the Geriatric rejects Brad Johnson and Jon Kitna! I don't understand how that is a good point for Romo? It's still only 2 out of 6 years. And what was the team's win/loss record with or without Romo last year? Well let's see, With Romo 1-5, Without Romo 5-5. Are you saying Dallas would have made the playoffs if Romo had played 16 games?????? but of course you will have more excuses about that................

Macarthur
12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Great points with a lot of validity Mac! But I can't really get behind the idea that Garrett is the problem for not having faith in his QB (or offense). Doesn't add up! Why is Garrett coaching scared? He wasn't born this way! He is coaching with a mindset that has developed over a period of time watching or coaching Tony Romo on a daily basis! He hears all! He sees all! So if Tony Romo is what you claimed he is then Garrett's natural progression would be to put the game in Romo's hands in crunchtime! Yet he rejected that idea in favor of putting it in the hands of a rookie, undrafted FG kicker. Either subconsciously or by design! Either way I think it shows the world just how much he really thinks about his franchise QB! I am told that I don't know much but I do know when 2+2 adds up to 4!

You and I aren't going to agree on Romo.

I think Garrett's comments in the presser about negative plays were referencing the multiple plays that the OL let someone knife in and get negative yardage.

pancho villa
12-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I hope the Texans and Cowboys meet in the superbowl. That way I can hate the cowboys even more. Tony Romo is a H---

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Not gonna read all these comments, but here's my thoughts:

Romo cant be blamed. He played well.

It's not Tony's fault that Felix is clueless. It's not Tony's fault bailey missed (2?) fgs. He doesn't play defense. Garrett didn't call the TO.

It's not his fault his o line sucked. Despite that, he still didn't turn the ball over. He put his team in position to win.

Bullaholic
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Tony Romo is a H---Yea, us Cowboy fans think Romo is a H-e-r-o every now and then, too, pancho...:D

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 02:13 PM
You and I aren't going to agree on Romo.

I think Garrett's comments in the presser about negative plays were referencing the multiple plays that the OL let someone knife in and get negative yardage.

Are you sure? I happen to think that perhaps Garrett was talking about the three sacks for 10+ yards that Romo let happen because he held on to the ball for 5 seconds and didn't get rid of it when he had the chance......I also think Garrett had flashbacks to some the many Romo boneheaded plays that gave the gave to the other team and didn't trust Romo in that situation. I listen to TXB tell me how bad the O-line is year after year and when I give him the stats that prove him wrong he claims it's Romo's ability to get out of trouble that makes the O-line look better than it is. Yet when Romo is sacked 5 seconds after the snap because he doesn't simply throw the ball away its also the O-lines fault! One of those 10+ yard sacks was on a 3rd down in FG range in the 1st quarter and it took Dallas out of FG range so I'm pretty sure that Garrett was talking about that as much as he was talking about anything else!

And we don't have to agree where Romo is concerned! A lot of people don't agree with my point or your point for that matter. If you go back and look I can assure that every single one of these long Romo debates was started because someone else thought they had a better opinion of Tony Romo than I did! We all post our opinions on here all day long but when someone posts a bad opinion about Romo it seems to bring the dogs to attention!!!! I personally think it is such a touchy topic because those who support him know deep down inside that there is a ton validity about these negative comments about Romo! It's not easy for most people to admit they have been wrong this long.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Are you sure? I happen to think that perhaps Garrett was talking about the three sacks for 10+ yards that Romo let happen because he held on to the ball for 5 seconds and didn't get rid of it when he had the chance......I also think Garrett had flashbacks to some the many Romo boneheaded plays that gave the gave to the other team and didn't trust Romo in that situation. I listen to TXB tell me how bad the O-line is year after year and when I give him the stats that prove him wrong he claims it's Romo's ability to get out of trouble that makes the O-line look better than it is. Yet when Romo is sacked 5 seconds after the snap because he doesn't simply throw the ball away its also the O-lines fault! One of those 10+ yard sacks was on a 3rd down in FG range in the 1st quarter and it took Dallas out of FG range so I'm pretty sure that Garrett was talking about that as much as he was talking about anything else!

And we don't have to agree where Romo is concerned! A lot of people don't agree with my point or your point for that matter. If you go back and look I can assure that every single one of these long Romo debates was started because someone else thought they had a better opinion of Tony Romo than I did! We all post our opinions on here all day long but when someone posts a bad opinion about Romo it seems to bring the dogs to attention!!!! I personally think it is such a touchy topic because those who support him know deep down inside that there is a ton validity about these negative comments about Romo! It's not easy for most people to admit they have been wrong this long.

you cant just throw the ball away...You have to be outside the tackle box...the sacks were all in the pocket so grounding penalty would have been the exact same thing.

Funny people say he needs to take care of the ball..that means eating the ball on a sack and not throwing off the back foot

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Not gonna read all these comments, but here's my thoughts:

Romo cant be blamed. He played well.

It's not Tony's fault that Felix is clueless. It's not Tony's fault bailey missed (2?) fgs. He doesn't play defense. Garrett didn't call the TO.

It's not his fault his o line sucked. Despite that, he still didn't turn the ball over. He put his team in position to win.

I guess the new standard of excellence in Dallas is "Not turning the ball over"! Somehow I'm thinking we should expect more..................

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 02:28 PM
I guess the new standard of excellence in Dallas is "Not turning the ball over"! Somehow I'm thinking we should expect more..................

you mean like a division lead and destiny in your own hands? 4 comeback wins alone, top 6 in stats?

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Expect more than 300 yards and a td? Romo did his job. He isn't a 1 man team. The running game, o line, WR drops and kicker was what kept Dallas' offense from putting up more points. Unless you think romo ought to throw for 400, 4 tds, run block, pass block, run, catch and kick and play defense too then it's not his fault.

Basically, Romo did his job and he played well enough to win but the rest of the cowboys didn't.

Not really sure what else you want Romo to do??

Pretty sure every NFL coach would LOVE to get 300 yards a TD and no turnovers from their QB every week.

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 02:32 PM

you mean to tell me that you are not happy with our offensive production over the past 3 or so games? You don't think that if our offense has a lot of 3 and outs that our defense shouldn't be expected to still stop other teams and hold them to 10 points in every game?

FF, you are the crazy one expecting too much out of romo and him leading our offense. Hell, Gabbert is just good enough to keep the jags in games (granted he has jones-drew), what more could you ask of our offense?

This argument is going no where with these guys. They all want to hold out hope that this is the year that Romo and the Cowboys get back in the middle of the post season for more than one game. They can still hope for that at this point, so they will ride the romo bandwagon until that hope has gone. Then if he fails to get this team there again, they will blame everyone else AGAIN for our short comings, always in denial of common denominators and the same ol blown games and bad play when it matters the most.

I truly think one of them hangs out with Tony's parents or golfs with him or something. A couple of his supporters on here have the blinders on so bad that it is hard to understand how they come up with the excuses.

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 02:32 PM
you cant just throw the ball away...You have to be outside the tackle box...the sacks were all in the pocket so grounding penalty would have been the exact same thing.

Funny people say he needs to take care of the ball..that means eating the ball on a sack and not throwing off the back foot

Excuse machine working overtime today TXB! Better get the oil ready..................

there isn't a O-line in the NFL that can protect the QB for 5 seconds or more! The QB can't take a sack after that much time has expired. The Pittsburg Steeler's O-line has given up a ton of sacks this season and it's because Big Ben holds the ball a long, long time. that isn't the O-lines fault.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Excuse machine working overtime today TXB! Better get the oil ready..................

there isn't a O-line in the NFL that can protect the QB for 5 seconds or more! The QB can't take a sack after that much time has expired. The Pittsburg Steeler's O-line has given up a ton of sacks this season and it's because Big Ben holds the ball a long, long time. that isn't the O-lines fault.

which sack was 5 seconds long?

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 02:36 PM
The majority of the sacks, he barely had time to plant his feet before having to move

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Expect more than 300 yards and a td? Romo did his job. He isn't a 1 man team. The running game, o line, WR drops and kicker was what kept Dallas' offense from putting up more points. Unless you think romo ought to throw for 400, 4 tds, run block, pass block, run, catch and kick and play defense too then it's not his fault.

Basically, Romo did his job and he played well enough to win but the rest of the cowboys didn't.

Pretty sure every NFL coach would LOVE to get 300 yards a TD and no turnovers from their QB every week.

300 yards and a TD isn't a good day against that team Aggie! And 300 yards and a TD beats even the lowly Cardinals about ZERO TIMES OUT OF A 100 TRIES! The Cardinals give up almost 400 yards and 3 TDs in every game..................Even more against teams that are supposed to be good!

Macarthur
12-06-2011, 02:43 PM

FF, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You're setting this up so you can have it both ways. If Romo eats the ball and is sacked, you bash him for taking a sack. If he rushes and makes a mistake and the ball is turned over, you can say 'see, I told you...'

You accuse those of us that take a realistic approach to the QB position as making excuses for Romo. You are so blinded by your bias here that you can't see that you have the entire scenario set up so that it is always Romo's fault.

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Pretty sure every NFL coach would LOVE to get 300 yards a TD and no turnovers from their QB every week. I'm not even a cowboys fan. I'm actually as big of a texans' fan as there is. I'm not a romo fan at all. In fact, i'd love for him to suck week in and week out, however, im honest and I just dont see how Romo can take any blame for the loss.

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
300 yards and a TD isn't a good day against that team Aggie! And 300 yards and a TD beats even the lowly Cardinals about ZERO TIMES OUT OF A 100 TRIES! The Cardinals give up almost 400 yards and 3 TDs in every game..................Even more against teams that are supposed to be good! You realize his receivers dropped 6 passes and missed 2 tds?

You think his stats might have been a bit different if Jones could've gotten his head out his ass?

Oh wait... Romo is supposed to catch the ball too.

Either way, he didn't turn the ball over. I always figured 300+ yards was a good day... and throw in a TD pass and no turnovers and that seems like a very solid game to me. Theres supposed to be a running game to accompany a passing game. Ya know, maybe 100 yards and a TD. the 2 missed fgs were points left off the board.

If the entire offense had played at Romo's level on sunday, the cowpies would've put up over 30 points.

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm not even a cowboys fan. I'm actually as big of a texans' fan as there is. I'm not a romo fan at all. In fact, i'd love for him to suck week in and week out, however, im honest and I just dont see how Romo can take any blame for the loss.

You're right, he can't take full blame, and seldom can TECHNICALLY. The problem with romo is that too many times his middle of the game performance or lack there of leaves us having to win the game on the last drive against teams that we should have put away by the forth quarter. I am okay with seeing some bad throws and a few questionable decisions here and there throughout a game, but I find myself so frustrated through the games that the cowboys waste more time sending the offense out on the field and then calling them off for the punt team than they do running the 3 plays. Frustrates me more watching Romo seem frustrated with receivers as he comes off rather than getting with them to work it out.

But in this game, yes romo played poorly, the receivers missed opportunities, we iced our own kicker, and the defense did look pathetic on the last play of overtime(worse moment that they had the whole game though). On the positive side, our McBriar did a great job punting (too many times unfortunately) and keeping it away from their stud and still pinning them fairly deep.

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 03:02 PM
You realize his receivers dropped 6 passes and missed 2 tds?

You think his stats might have been a bit different if Jones could've gotten his head out his ass?

Oh wait... Romo is supposed to catch the ball too.

Either way, he didn't turn the ball over. I always figured 300+ yards was a good day... and throw in a TD pass and no turnovers and that seems like a very solid game to me. Theres supposed to be a running game to accompany a passing game. Ya know, maybe 100 yards and a TD. the 2 missed fgs were points left off the board.

If the entire offense had played at Romo's level on sunday, the cowpies would've put up over 30 points.

I would imagine that with where the Texans are right now that Romo might look like a good option for yall. I am actully hoping that the texans carry this thing a ways this year. Good season so far. I would think that Romo could prolly do better than Yates with arian and johnson if he could stay healthy. Then you could realized what it is like to have Romo lead your team, you would make the playoffs and maybe find a way to win first round (first for romo and texans if that could happen) then you could watch the most amazing blowup and give away you could imagine to end your season. You would then be thankful to know schaub will be back next year.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I would imagine that with where the Texans are right now that Romo might look like a good option for yall. I am actully hoping that the texans carry this thing a ways this year. Good season so far. I would think that Romo could prolly do better than Yates with arian and johnson if he could stay healthy. Then you could realized what it is like to have Romo lead your team, you would make the playoffs and maybe find a way to win first round (first for romo and texans if that could happen) then you could watch the most amazing blowup and give away you could imagine to end your season. You would then be thankful to know schaub will be back next year.

Romo has a play off win

funny because alot of the Texan fans feel like Shaub is Romoesque

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 03:12 PM
You're right, he can't take full blame, and seldom can TECHNICALLY. The problem with romo is that too many times his middle of the game performance or lack there of leaves us having to win the game on the last drive against teams that we should have put away by the forth quarter. I am okay with seeing some bad throws and a few questionable decisions here and there throughout a game, but I find myself so frustrated through the games that the cowboys waste more time sending the offense out on the field and then calling them off for the punt team than they do running the 3 plays. Frustrates me more watching Romo seem frustrated with receivers as he comes off rather than getting with them to work it out.

But in this game, yes romo played poorly, the receivers missed opportunities, we iced our own kicker, and the defense did look pathetic on the last play of overtime(worse moment that they had the whole game though). On the positive side, our McBriar did a great job punting (too many times unfortunately) and keeping it away from their stud and still pinning them fairly deep.How did Romo play poorly?:crazy::confused:

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 03:13 PM
you mean to tell me that you are not happy with our offensive production over the past 3 or so games? You don't think that if our offense has a lot of 3 and outs that our defense shouldn't be expected to still stop other teams and hold them to 10 points in every game?

FF, you are the crazy one expecting too much out of romo and him leading our offense. Hell, Gabbert is just good enough to keep the jags in games (granted he has jones-drew), what more could you ask of our offense?

the question is how do you judge offensive and defensive numbers? Seriously? What should a team score or allow in any given game? Well, since this game is a competition between TEAMS then the only way to project is to measure a teams performance against everybody else and set a standard! Every game is different and teams matchup differently with different teams but over a period of an entire season you get a pretty valid picture of what the other team is!

The Redskins allow 21 points a game and Dallas scored 27. I think that offensive outting is a quality start. The Dolphins allow 18 points a game and Dallas scored 20! In both cases the Dallas defense held these team to their season averages or below and the team won!
The Cardinals have allowed 22 points a game and have scored 19 a game this season. The offense scored just 13 and the defense held them to 19. (well actually 13 in regulation). It's a loss.

The ONLY practical way to measure offensive and defensive performance is to set the bar for each unit. The offense must score more than the average points allowed and the defense must give up less than the average points scored by an opponent. This was my point during the entire 09' season when TXB kept saying the defense wasn't that great! As long as they hold the opponent to only 2 scores then the offense should be able to win the game. And they did that and did it very well. This season has been very up and down. Against the Cardinals the defense looked like crap at times but they got the job done by only allowing 13 points in regulation. The Cardinals have only won a other game this entire season when they scored less than 20 points and that was against the St. Louis Rams! They beat the Rams by a score of 19-13....... Nice company for our Cowboys huh?

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 03:16 PM
The ONLY practical way to measure offensive and defensive performance is to set the bar for each unit. The offense must score more than the average points allowed and the defense must give up less than the average points scored by an opponent. This was my point during the entire 09' season when TXB kept saying the defense wasn't that great! As long as they hold the opponent to only 2 scores then the offense should be able to win the game. And they did that and did it very well. This season has been very up and down. ?

And the problem I have always had with this view is if Romo leads Dallas to 35 points but throws a int in 4th Q to lose the game you blame Romo..but if The D gives up a lead late in the game you then blame Romo for not scoring enough

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 03:18 PM
the question is how do you judge offensive and defensive numbers? Seriously? What should a team score or allow in any given game? Well, since this game is a competition between TEAMS then the only way to project is to measure a teams performance against everybody else and set a standard! Every game is different and teams matchup differently with different teams but over a period of an entire season you get a pretty valid picture of what the other team is!

The Redskins allow 21 points a game and Dallas scored 27. I think that offensive outting is a quality start. The Dolphins allow 18 points a game and Dallas scored 20! In both cases the Dallas defense held these team to their season averages or below and the team won!
The Cardinals have allowed 22 points a game and have scored 19 a game this season. The offense scored just 13 and the defense held them to 19. (well actually 13 in regulation). It's a loss.

The ONLY practical way to measure offensive and defensive performance is to set the bar for each unit. The offense must score more than the average points allowed and the defense must give up less than the average points scored by an opponent. This was my point during the entire 09' season when TXB kept saying the defense wasn't that great! As long as they hold the opponent to only 2 scores then the offense should be able to win the game. And they did that and did it very well. This season has been very up and down. Against the Cardinals the defense looked like crap at times but they got the job done by only allowing 13 points in regulation. The Cardinals have only won a other game this entire season when they scored less than 20 points and that was against the St. Louis Rams! They beat the Rams by a score of 19-13....... Nice company for our Cowboys huh?Problem with that scenario is that it takes 11 players on offense to score. Not just the QB. They would have scored 27 if Witten and Jones would have caught those two wide open passes that werent even looking for.

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 03:19 PM
And the problem I have always had with this view is if Romo leads Dallas to 35 points but throws a int in 4th Q to lose the game you blame Romo..but if The D gives up a lead late in the game you then blame Romo for not scoring enough+1:iagree:

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
FF, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You're setting this up so you can have it both ways. If Romo eats the ball and is sacked, you bash him for taking a sack. If he rushes and makes a mistake and the ball is turned over, you can say 'see, I told you...'

You accuse those of us that take a realistic approach to the QB position as making excuses for Romo. You are so blinded by your bias here that you can't see that you have the entire scenario set up so that it is always Romo's fault.

So those are your only options for Tony Romo? Take the sack or run with it and turn it over? Explains a lot!

But I am proud that your opinion is the "Realistic" one! Good for you!

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
And the poorly delivered balls from romo that lead to so many 3 and outs?

Don't forget the general thing.

And remember folks, we are comparing to average numbers, above, so if you are happy with average I guess the argument is over. I want better than average.

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 03:30 PM
And the poorly delivered balls from romo that lead to so many 3 and outs?

Don't forget the general thing.

And remember folks, we are comparing to average numbers, above, so if you are happy with average I guess the argument is over. I want better than average.Romo is top 5 QB rating this season. that is way above average

Macarthur
12-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Romo is top 5 QB rating this season. that is way above average

It doesn't help to use logic with buff.

Bullaholic
12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I've said before that I don't know if Romo is a SB QB, or not, until he plays in one. I will also say that I don't think any NFL QB from Aaron Rodgers on down would be one either this season given the current Cowboys situation. Replacing Romo right now just won't give the instant success many think it would.

As badly as I want to see an end to the Cowboy deep playoff/SB drought, there are simply too many unsettled factors which can't be quickly corrected by any one player, or coach. If the Cowboys are able to have some continuity over the next season or two, add a couple more key producing players, I think they have a legitimate SB appearance chance in a year or two. If their situation is compounded by too many key injuries or losses due to the free agent/coaching change merry-go-round, then those chances are greatly diminished, as they would be for any other NFL team.

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 03:50 PM
It doesn't help to use logic with buff.

It doesn't pay to use his average rating when you step back and look at what was lost during that rating. And to the level of opponents. Mac, what drives you the craziest I know is that the main reason I don't like Romo from the beginning is his dimeanor on the field. I am sorry about that, I can't change that he doesn't carry himself like a top level qb or lead like one either. I would have learned to deal with this more easily if he would just prove to me that he can have his personality and leadership style, and put it together to win the games that count. I am as understanding as the next guy about needing miles austin back, he isn't consistanly in the right spot either, but atleast he is a solid threat. The problem is that Romo has proved me right more than he has proved me wrong over the years. I have lowered my expectations of him, and still find myself being amazed by what he does(jets game earlier in year, lions game, they all add up over the years and they don't seem to be stopping anytime soon. The number of teams that have upset us or come from behind when they were down, and so many times to int's or fumbles or poor 3 and out series that I put A LOT, not completely, on Romo. I don't think I ever expected anyone with his style of play and dimeanor or maneurisms or carefree behavior or whatever it is that makes me think he can't lead a professional group of athletes to be as good as they should be.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
It doesn't pay to use his average rating when you step back and look at what was lost during that rating. And to the level of opponents. Mac, what drives you the craziest I know is that the main reason I don't like Romo from the beginning is his dimeanor on the field. I am sorry about that, I can't change that he doesn't carry himself like a top level qb or lead like one either. I would have learned to deal with this more easily if he would just prove to me that he can have his personality and leadership style, and put it together to win the games that count. I am as understanding as the next guy about needing miles austin back, he isn't consistanly in the right spot either, but atleast he is a solid threat. The problem is that Romo has proved me right more than he has proved me wrong over the years. I have lowered my expectations of him, and still find myself being amazed by what he does(jets game earlier in year, lions game, they all add up over the years and they don't seem to be stopping anytime soon. The number of teams that have upset us or come from behind when they were down, and so many times to int's or fumbles or poor 3 and out series that I put A LOT, not completely, on Romo. I don't think I ever expected anyone with his style of play and dimeanor or maneurisms or carefree behavior or whatever it is that makes me think he can't lead a professional group of athletes to be as good as they should be.

yet he is 46-27 as a starter and has 14 GW drives...4 this year alone..he has proven he can win in the crunch..and he has proven he can lose in the crunch as well...just like evry QB..not one of them now or from the past has ever been perfect in the crunch

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM
I've said before that I don't know if Romo is a SB QB, or not, until he plays in one. I will also say that I don't think any NFL QB from Aaron Rodgers on down would be one either this season given the current Cowboys situation. Replacing Romo right now just won't give the instant success many think it would.

As badly as I want to see an end to the Cowboy deep playoff/SB drought, there are simply too many unsettled factors which can't be quickly corrected by any one player, or coach. If the Cowboys are able to have some continuity over the next season or two, add a couple more key producing players, I think they have a legitimate SB appearance chance in a year or two. If their situation is compounded by too many key injuries or losses due to the free agent/coaching change merry-go-round, then those chances are greatly diminished, as they would be for any other NFL team.

I can agree with this. Also, unfortunately I don't think that it would be easy for the cowboys to get a hold of one of the better 8 qb's in the league. Which means we would have to prolly bring in a youngster and let him learn for a year and then bring him up to mature into the position. So we are looking at 2 or 3 years as well for that to happen to the point of having realistit expectations.

In the mean time, the people trying to argue that Romo is great, are just in denial that they technically know this and are just holding out hope that ROMO is the annointed one. He is just good enough to keep hope alive, but unfortunately goofy enough to crush those hopes so many times.

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
And the problem I have always had with this view is if Romo leads Dallas to 35 points but throws a int in 4th Q to lose the game you blame Romo..but if The D gives up a lead late in the game you then blame Romo for not scoring enough

You are making stuff up now to rationalize your comments TXB! I've never expressed these sentiments in this way or about this situation. But if it did happen like that here is what i would say:
In the first place if a QB throws a interception that costs his team the game then how can it be anything but his fault? (regardless of how many points he scores). His mistake nullified or altered the result of the GAMEPLAY! It would be no different than if the referee made a bad call that cost a team points and they lost by those points! If a QB throws interceptions then he had better score enough points to offset the advantage that he just handed to his opponent! If those points cannot be overcome with the actual gameplay on the field then the loss is on his shoulders! If two teams play even up and one is given the win by a mistake then the mistake is the cause of the loss! Even you can't argue that point. There is a huge difference between "giving it away" and "getting beat"!

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
yet he is 46-27 as a starter and has 14 GW drives...4 this year alone..he has proven he can win in the crunch..and he has proven he can lose in the crunch as well...just like evry QB..not one of them now or from the past has ever been perfect in the crunch

I don't deny that if you want to look at his stats alone(w/o looking at his negative stats or opponents in those situations) that he can look attractive to most. The problem I have is the goof ups, and that the 14 GW drives are against who? Some of them maybe good, most prolly below average teams. Why were we coming from behind in those games, and that isn't as impressive as doing it against a solid defense. Elway was a true great that almost never won the big one, romo is not that guy.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
You are making stuff up now to rationalize your comments TXB! I've never expressed these sentiments in this way or about this situation. But if it did happen like that here is what i would say:
In the first place if a QB throws a interception that costs his team the game then how can it be anything but his fault? (regardless of how many points he scores). His mistake nullified or altered the result of the GAMEPLAY! It would be no different than if the referee made a bad call that cost a team points and they lost by those points! If a QB throws interceptions then he had better score enough points to offset the advantage that he just handed to his opponent! If those points cannot be overcome with the actual gameplay on the field then the loss is on his shoulders! If two teams play even up and one is given the win by a mistake then the mistake is the cause of the loss! Even you can't argue that point. There is a huge difference between "giving it away" and "getting beat"!

ohh so Romo gives away game..but the Dallas D just gets beat....and yes many times you have defended the Dallas D after a 4thq collapse

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 04:11 PM
In the first place if a QB throws a interception that costs his team the game then how can it be anything but his fault? (regardless of how many points he scores). His mistake nullified or altered the result of the GAMEPLAY! It would be no different than if the referee made a bad call that cost a team points and they lost by those points! If a QB throws interceptions then he had better score enough points to offset the advantage that he just handed to his opponent! If those points cannot be overcome with the actual gameplay on the field then the loss is on his shoulders! If two teams play even up and one is given the win by a mistake then the mistake is the cause of the loss! Even you can't argue that point. There is a huge difference between "giving it away" and "getting beat"!So it doesnt matter if the defense gives up 40 points. If romo throws a int to give up the lead its all on him. I see. The defense giving up 40 doesnt matter. Now I understand!:doh:

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Problem with that scenario is that it takes 11 players on offense to score. Not just the QB. They would have scored 27 if Witten and Jones would have caught those two wide open passes that werent even looking for.

Every single team in the NFL has the would-haves, could-haves and should-haves in every single game GrTigers6! They all have drops and screw ups! They all have O-line issues, D-line issues, RB issues and coaching issues. The point has always been that a good QB on a Good team has to overcome those issues! A good veteran QB must put his team on his shoulders and rise above it. Romo wallowed in it! Romo had a good day! But a "good day" got their asses beat! Not all Romo's fault and nobody has ever said it was all of Romo's fault! (despite what some on here will try to claim) But saying Romo doesn't take some of the blame is like saying Custer has no blame for getting his army destroyed at little big horn!!!! At some point your MAIN MAN has to earn his position! Like I said before, if everybody else on the team played a perfect game we wouldn't need Tony Romo! We could get by with someone to just hand the ball to our perfect RBs behind our perfect line. And they would only need to score once because our perfect defense would not allow any points!

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
ohh so Romo gives away game..but the Dallas D just gets beat....and yes many times you have defended the Dallas D after a 4thq collapse

Read it again TXB!

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Every single team in the NFL has the would-haves, could-haves and should-haves in every single game GrTigers6! They all have drops and screw ups! They all have O-line issues, D-line issues, RB issues and coaching issues. The point has always been that a good QB on a Good team has to overcome those issues! A good veteran QB must put his team on his shoulders and rise above it. Romo wallowed in it! Romo had a good day! But a "good day" got their asses beat! Not all Romo's fault and nobody has ever said it was all of Romo's fault! (despite what some on here will try to claim) But saying Romo doesn't take some of the blame is like saying Custer has no blame for getting his army destroyed at little big horn!!!! At some point your MAIN MAN has to earn his position! Like I said before, if everybody else on the team played a perfect game we wouldn't need Tony Romo! We could get by with someone to just hand the ball to our perfect RBs behind our perfect line. And they would only need to score once because our perfect defense would not allow any points!So romo is the only player who is supposed to play perfect. I see
And there are teams that play several games without dropped passes and bad routes. So dont say everyone has those problems every game. What is romo supposed to do to overcome that. Go catch the ball himself?

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 04:24 PM
People, you can't make romo a great before he is one. And dreaming it isn't going to make it come true.

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 04:25 PM
People, you can't make romo a great before he is one. And dreaming it isn't going to make it come true.???????

Farmersfan
12-06-2011, 04:25 PM
So it doesnt matter if the defense gives up 40 points. If romo throws a int to give up the lead its all on him. I see. The defense giving up 40 doesnt matter. Now I understand!:doh:

I'm not sure where this comes from! But if the interception is the difference in the win/loss then yes the interception is the difference in the win/loss!

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure where this comes from! But if the interception is the difference in the win/loss then yes the interception is the difference in the win/loss!It should be the fact that the defense gave up 40 points and the qb is doing all he can to keep up. THAT IS MY POINT!

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't deny that if you want to look at his stats alone(w/o looking at his negative stats or opponents in those situations) that he can look attractive to most. The problem I have is the goof ups, and that the 14 GW drives are against who? Some of them maybe good, most prolly below average teams. Why were we coming from behind in those games, and that isn't as impressive as doing it against a solid defense. Elway was a true great that almost never won the big one, romo is not that guy.

in 06 his comebacks were agianst Giants 8-8..Panthers 8-8 and Colts 12-4

07 Lions 7-9 Bills 7-9

08 Philly 9-6-1 Wash 8-8

09 Philly 11-5 Wash 4-12 KC 4-12

10 Wash twice 4-8..Fins 4-8 SF 10-2

So he has done it agianst bad teams, average teams, play off teams and a SB winner

Farmersfan
So romo is the only player who is supposed to play perfect. I see
And there are teams that play several games without dropped passes and bad routes. So dont say everyone has those problems every game. What is romo supposed to do to overcome that. Go catch the ball himself?

I have to go home. But take a look for yourself! You might be surprised with the number of turnovers, miscues and mistakes these teams made against the Cardinals and STILL beat them............................... The point was that Dallas isn't the ONLY team to have these issues. Yet Dallas is the only team so far that has used them as excuses to lose to the Cardinals.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/schedule?team=ARI

buff4ever
It should be the fact that the defense gave up 40 points and the qb is doing all he can to keep up. THAT IS MY POINT!

How many times has this happened with romo that we lose after and int where the other team had 40 points, and does that include the 7 from the int?

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
in 06 his comebacks were agianst Giants 8-8..Panthers 8-8 and Colts 12-4

07 Lions 7-9 Bills 7-9

08 Philly 9-6-1 Wash 8-8

09 Philly 11-5 Wash 4-12 KC 4-12

10 Wash twice 4-8..Fins 4-8 SF 10-2

So he has done it agianst bad teams, average teams, play off teams and a SB winner

You read it that way, I read it that he had 4 of 14 gw drives against teams that were better than .500 on that year.

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
How many times has this happened with romo that we lose after and int where the other team had 40 points, and does that include the 7 from the int?I am not talking about Romo specifically. Just qb's in general. trying to say its not always on the qb

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 04:42 PM
You read it that way, I read it that he had 4 of 14 gw drives against teams that were better than .500 on that year.

I read it the way that is fact..he has had GW drives agianst bad teams..average teams play off teams and a SB winner..no other way to read the datat but that

buff4ever
12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I read it the way that is fact..he has had GW drives agianst bad teams..average teams play off teams and a SB winner..no other way to read the datat but that

I disagree with that. Basically 2 of those were against solid teams and 2 were against slightly better than average teams. That means that 10 of them were against poor to average teams. The fact is that if he plays well or leads his team in those situations better, that he wouldn't have near as nice a stat in that category because the gw drive wouldn't have been necessary. This is why I said earlier that stats can be decieving when looking at a career of a qb.

Tony is great in November, good stat. He has blown it in december several times, bad stat. The one that means the most here is the bad stat.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I disagree with that. Basically 2 of those were against solid teams and 2 were against slightly better than average teams. That means that 10 of them were against poor to average teams. The fact is that if he plays well or leads his team in those situations better, that he wouldn't have near as nice a stat in that category because the gw drive wouldn't have been necessary. This is why I said earlier that stats can be decieving when looking at a career of a qb.

Tony is great in November, good stat. He has blown it in december several times, bad stat. The one that means the most here is the bad stat.

4-12 is bad...8-8 is average...4 of them were agianst play off teams..one agianst a SB winner. So again not sure how what I said is wrong

Last time Romo played a full december he was NFL player of the month

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm still confused why Romo is getting blamed?

I havent seen FF blame Witten/Jones/Murray/Oline/Kicker/Defense/Garrett yet while all of those impacted the game negatively and all i see is Romo getting blamed when he did all he could and played pretty well.

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm still confused why Romo is getting blamed?

I havent seen FF blame Witten/Jones/Murray/Oline/Kicker/Defense/Garrett yet while all of those impacted the game negatively and all i see is Romo getting blamed when he did all he could and played pretty well.

Maybe it's time you actually went back and read all the other posts! I have said this entire team blew it. All this "extra-curricular' arguing is the result of all the people letting Romo off the hook. I never said it was all Romo and I have not read were anybody else said it was all Romo. The fault has not bee placed 100% on Romo. But I have read where many of you have said Romo had NO BLAME for this loss! And that is why this thing has legs and runs like a scalded arsed ape!

Red&White_9x5
12-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Everyone can blame Romo or blame Bailey or Blame Garrett, etc... The fact is in the past 5+ years, when the calendar turns to December the Cowboys turn to crap. In this time period they have been the best team in the NFL in the month of November, and one of the worst in December. They had a PERFECT opportunity this past weekend to get seperation in the the NFC East. Philly chillydipped it against Seattle, Washington is Washington, the Giants (Dallas' biggest and only threat) had to play the best team in the league, and the Big Bad Boys had the weakling known as Arizona. This loss is going to come back to bite Dallas in the butt!!!!

Macarthur
12-07-2011, 11:11 AM
For the record, Bryan Broadus said on his show that this was one of the worst games the Cowboys OL he has seen.

GrTigers6
12-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Everyone can blame Romo or blame Bailey or Blame Garrett, etc... The fact is in the past 5+ years, when the calendar turns to December the Cowboys turn to crap. In this time period they have been the best team in the NFL in the month of November, and one of the worst in December. They had a PERFECT opportunity this past weekend to get seperation in the the NFC East. Philly chillydipped it against Seattle, Washington is Washington, the Giants (Dallas' biggest and only threat) had to play the best team in the league, and the Big Bad Boys had the weakling known as Arizona. This loss is going to come back to bite Dallas in the butt!!!!Cowboys were 3-2 last december( That romo Played) and Romo was player of the month

Macarthur
12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Cowboys were 3-2 last december( That romo Played) and Romo was player of the month

Doesn't matter. He sucks!

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
For the record, Bryan Broadus said on his show that this was one of the worst games the Cowboys OL he has seen.

Well of course because Romo did not lead them enough..or he held the ball to long..or he wore his hat backwards...anything else?

GrTigers6
12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Well of course because Romo did not lead them enough..or he held the ball to long..or he wore his hat backwards...anything else?He smiles too much!

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 02:15 PM
He smiles too much!

Thank u..I forgot because he does not cry he does not care( of course the times he has shown emotion it shows he is a wimp)

buff4ever
12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't need to see him cry, I want to see him get pissed off when his guys mess up, that way I know he truly feels he worked with them enough and put them in a situation that they should not screw up. Then when they do, let them know, there appears to be little concern on the players when they make a wrong read. On top of it all, we seem to have this misread or miscommunication or wrong route thing more than others.

We are wrong for thinking he doesn't act as the general or a good leader. Don't we have a right to that opinion? Atleast until he proves us wrong, oh yeah that hadn't happened.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't need to see him cry, I want to see him get pissed off when his guys mess up, that way I know he truly feels he worked with them enough and put them in a situation that they should not screw up. Then when they do, let them know, there appears to be little concern on the players when they make a wrong read. On top of it all, we seem to have this misread or miscommunication or wrong route thing more than others.

We are wrong for thinking he doesn't act as the general or a good leader. Don't we have a right to that opinion? Atleast until he proves us wrong, oh yeah that hadn't happened.

dude he has shown when he was pissed MULTIPLE TIMES

GrTigers6
12-07-2011, 02:35 PM
dude he has shown when he was pissed MULTIPLE TIMESSan francisco game for starters

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Doesn't matter. He sucks!

That's sarcasm, right? :)

It's kind of ironic that you completely disregard the entire football world's opinion of Tony Romo in the month of Dec and yet you post a Bryan Broadus ( WHO?) comment as if that clinches it for everyone! Every single TV and radio personality in the USA will mention Romo's December drop off every time he is talked about from now until the end of the season and yet you and TXB are arguing against it................................... Seriously?

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 02:56 PM

You are beating a dead horse buff4ever! If watching Romo for 5 previous season hasn't convinced these guys then there isn't anything we can say to change their minds. Besides, we have to ride the Romo train for as long as he is here because Jerry is not very likely to admit Romo didn't develope into what he hoped Romo would. And there really isn't a better option out there that Dallas could realistically get. Of course it's hindsight and after the fact but if Dallas simply makes the playoffs and then gets their arses handed to them (again) I would prefer they had started McGee from the beginning to find out if he is the future. If not then we at least would know right now that a change is required. As long as they ride the up and down Romo express we will never know if we could develop the next Tom Brady! If you aren't looking-You aren't finding!

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 02:56 PM

It's kind of ironic that you completely disregard the entire football world's opinion of Tony Romo in the month of Dec and yet you post a Bryan Broadus ( WHO?) comment as if that clinches it for everyone! Every single TV and radio personality in the USA will mention Romo's December drop off every time he is talked about from now until the end of the season and yet you and TXB are arguing against it................................... Seriously?

you need to look into Broadus if u dont know who he is..he watches more Cowboy film then anyone else

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 02:59 PM
You are beating a dead horse buff4ever! If watching Romo for 5 previous season hasn't convinced these guys then there isn't anything we can say to change their minds. Besides, we have to ride the Romo train for as long as he is here because Jerry is not very likely to admit Romo didn't develope into what he hoped Romo would. And there really isn't a better option out there that Dallas could realistically get. Of course it's hindsight and after the fact but if Dallas simply makes the playoffs and then gets their arses handed to them (again) I would prefer they had started McGee from the beginning to find out if he is the future. If not then we at least would know right now that a change is required. As long as they ride the up and down Romo express we will never know if we could develop the next Tom Brady! If you aren't looking-You aren't finding!

yea Damn Dallas riding a QB that finishes top 8 year in and year out and has a 46-27 record..if our QB is not going 16-0 he sucks

Macarthur
12-07-2011, 03:26 PM

As has been mentioned, you need to know who Bryan Broadus is. He is a former NFL scout for the Dallas Cowboys. He worked for the organization under Big Bill. He now has a radio show on ESPN radio in Dallas. He's one of the few local media guys that really studies the film the way an NFL front office would study film. Check him out - he's always very very informative. Plus, he's still got several sources inside the ranch that he speaks with almost daily.

As for Romo, if he is a December disaster, why did he win December player of the month in 2009? The entire football world does not have that opinion and that statment shows 1000% that you are completely and utterly biased and refuse to listen to what anyone says. Have you taken a listen to Trent Dilfer? He's one of the most level headed analysist on TV. He is not an anti-Romo guy.

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
yea Damn Dallas riding a QB that finishes top 8 year in and year out and has a 46-27 record..if our QB is not going 16-0 he sucks

Not sure how you come up with your numbers but what I find has Romo 39-22 as a starter for the Dallas Cowboys! Not bad! But take away the single great 13-3 season in '08 and Romo is 7 games over .500 in 5 years in Dallas. That's a career 9-7 QB! Again that isn't that terrible except when you figure in that the Dallas Cowboys have been a top 5 talented team Tony's entire career and many of those years a lot of people around the business projected Dallas as a favorite to win it all. It isn't like Romo is leading the Arizona Cardinals or the Cleveland Browns to these 9-7 records..............

Top rated QBs in the NFL over the last 5 seasons: (no particlular order)

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rogers
Romo
Rothesburger
Manning (again)
Philip Rivers
Matt Shaub

Only Matt Shaub on the expansion Houston Texans team joins Romo on this list as the only ones to NEVER have made it to a Superbowl. Most of these QBs have actually won one or more. With Romo we having to swallow the fact that he has managed only 1 playoff win in those 5 seasons while all these others are perennial Superbowl contenders..................

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 03:50 PM
As has been mentioned, you need to know who Bryan Broadus is. He is a former NFL scout for the Dallas Cowboys. He worked for the organization under Big Bill. He now has a radio show on ESPN radio in Dallas. He's one of the few local media guys that really studies the film the way an NFL front office would study film. Check him out - he's always very very informative. Plus, he's still got several sources inside the ranch that he speaks with almost daily.

As for Romo, if he is a December disaster, why did he win December player of the month in 2009? The entire football world does not have that opinion and that statment shows 1000% that you are completely and utterly biased and refuse to listen to what anyone says. Have you taken a listen to Trent Dilfer? He's one of the most level headed analysist on TV. He is not an anti-Romo guy.

You are being obtuse intentionally, right? I know who Bryan Broadus is! The point was made to emphasize the illogical assumption by you that what Bryan says has merit while something everybody else says doesn't! And if you watched any football or sports conversation on the TV or Radio this past week you would have heard everybody mention Romo's stellar record in November and his lack of success in December! Don't make it seem like I make this stuff up. I got good money that say you will hear it 100 times from different people over the next 5 weeks! Perhaps you don't listen to ESPN radio, Mike & Mike, The Ticket, Sportscenter, The Sportsreporters, Pardon the Interruption or any of the other local or national shows that are on all day long! I do and I hear it mentioned often. And nobody said anything about Romo being a disaster in December! They all simply acknowledge the drop off in success the has had in December through his entire career. Don't use a single season to discredit a career stat. Tell us his record in the month of December and how it compares with the other months......... I've never done it so the entire sports world might be wrong. If they are it's easy enough to prove!

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Not sure how you come up with your numbers but what I find has Romo 39-22 as a starter for the Dallas Cowboys! Not bad! But take away the single great 13-3 season in '08 and Romo is 7 games over .500 in 5 years in Dallas. That's a career 9-7 QB! Again that isn't that terrible except when you figure in that the Dallas Cowboys have been a top 5 talented team Tony's entire career and many of those years a lot of people around the business projected Dallas as a favorite to win it all. It isn't like Romo is leading the Arizona Cardinals or the Cleveland Browns to these 9-7 records..............

Top rated QBs in the NFL over the last 5 seasons: (no particlular order)

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rogers
Romo
Rothesburger
Manning (again)
Philip Rivers
Matt Shaub

Only Matt Shaub on the expansion Houston Texans team joins Romo on this list as the only ones to NEVER have made it to a Superbowl. Most of these QBs have actually won one or more. With Romo we having to swallow the fact that he has managed only 1 playoff win in those 5 seasons while all these others are perennial Superbowl contenders..................

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm?redir

46-27

of course u would never accept maybe Dallas has not won more because of players who dont play QB

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Got it:

In 4 seasons in Dallas Tony Romo is 14-3 in November and 8-9 in December! If you consider this a drop off worthy of mentioning please raise your hand!!!!!

and in 09' when he supposenly won player of the month the Cowboys were 2-2

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Got it:

In 4 seasons in Dallas Tony Romo is 14-3 in November and 8-9 in December! If you consider this a drop off worthy of mentioning please raise your hand!!!!!

actually they were 3-2

buff4ever
12-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Got it:

raising hand given that december is crunch time. We are going to be facing division teams and it is going to matter in december.

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 04:19 PM

46-27

of course u would never accept maybe Dallas has not won more because of players who dont play QB

I would accept that if that were the reason! Those other players have been turned over several times in the last 5 seasons yet we get the same result.

And which part of that website that you referenced is correct TXB. If you click on the STARTS link on top right and select career it shows Romo's career record in starts as being 47-30! I have never said Romo didn't have a great season in 07' when the team went 13-3. but outside of that Romo's record is very pedestrian. 7 games over .500 in 5 seasons isn't very successful. Jerry cuts, trades and drafts replacements for a lot of players on the team that shows the kind of inconsistency that Tony has shown. but again, I don't see a replacement for Romo that Dallas might get at this point so I'm not calling for him to be cut or traded now! but at some point they need to start a new campaign to try and develop another QB option.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?qb=RomoTo00&yr=YEARYEAR

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 04:23 PM
I would accept that if that were the reason! Those other players have been turned over several times in the last 5 seasons yet we get the same result.

And which part of that website that you referenced is correct TXB. If you click on the STARTS link on top right and select career it shows Romo's career record in starts as being 47-30! I have never said Romo didn't have a great season in 07' when the team went 13-3. but outside of that Romo's record is very pedestrian. 7 games over .500 in 5 seasons isn't very successful. Jerry cuts, trades and drafts replacements for a lot of players on the team that shows the kind of inconsistency that Tony has shown. but again, I don't see a replacement for Romo that Dallas might get at this point so I'm not calling for him to be cut or traded now! but at some point they need to start a new campaign to try and develop another QB option.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?qb=RomoTo00&yr=YEARYEAR

again

6-4 his first year
13-3
8-5
11-5
1-5
7-5

not seeing him as the issue

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 04:23 PM
actually they were 3-2

2009:

Dec. 6. dallas 24 NY Giants 31
Dec 13 Dallas 17 chargers 20
Dec 19 Dallas 24 Saints 17
Dec 27 Dallas 24 philly 0

Looks like 2-2 to me

Farmersfan
12-07-2011, 04:24 PM
again

6-4 his first year
13-3
8-5
11-5
1-5
7-5

not seeing him as the issue

And that's why he's still here and we are still having the same issues!!! DUH.............. Goodnight all.

Macarthur
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
2009:

Looks like 2-2 to me

YOu missed the Wash win on 12.27 He included the 24-0 win over Philly which was 1/3, but it was the last game of the regular season so it was basically a December game also.

GrTigers6
12-07-2011, 04:27 PM
2009:

Looks like 2-2 to meHe was 3-2 after thanksgiving. His last game was the 3rd of jan

buff4ever
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
January is not December unfortunately for his stats since that is the only thing that matters to anyone around here. Stats stats stats. I don't care if he is in the top 4 stat getters, if he can't win the big ones when it counts, not a quality winner and leader.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 04:59 PM
January is not December unfortunately for his stats since that is the only thing that matters to anyone around here. Stats stats stats. I don't care if he is in the top 4 stat getters, if he can't win the big ones when it counts, not a quality winner and leader.

so basically you only want 2-5 QBs because as far as winning big game that is all there is..Brees, Brady, Manning, Manning and Big Ben

buff4ever
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM
so basically you only want 2-5 QBs because as far as winning big game that is all there is..Brees, Brady, Manning, Manning and Big Ben

So these are the last of a dieing breed I guess. No one else can be good? No one else can be expected to not blow a game against the redskins or the cardinals with the type of years they are having. I know we beat the redskins, let's have a parade.

I know that the two groups here won't agree, but it is kinda funny watching you guys make up excuses for why romo sux instead of saying he sux.

Macarthur
12-07-2011, 05:43 PM
You are being obtuse intentionally, right?

Boy, the irony is rich.

I know who Bryan Broadus is! The point was made to emphasize the illogical assumption by you that what Bryan says has merit while something everybody else says doesn't! And if you watched any football or sports conversation on the TV or Radio this past week you would have heard everybody mention Romo's stellar record in November and his lack of success in December! Don't make it seem like I make this stuff up. I got good money that say you will hear it 100 times from different people over the next 5 weeks! Perhaps you don't listen to ESPN radio, Mike & Mike, The Ticket, Sportscenter, The Sportsreporters, Pardon the Interruption or any of the other local or national shows that are on all day long! I do and I hear it mentioned often. And nobody said anything about Romo being a disaster in December! They all simply acknowledge the drop off in success the has had in December through his entire career. Don't use a single season to discredit a career stat. Tell us his record in the month of December and how it compares with the other months......... I've never done it so the entire sports world might be wrong. If they are it's easy enough to prove!

Here's the thing on the Decmeber thing. It has to be looked at in some context. Tony did struggle early in his career in December, but you have to look at it in context with the entire team. The whole team struggled at times and how can we all forget the drama associated with this team in 07 and 08.

Granted Tony wasn't great but let's look deeper into these games:

2006:
New Orleans - Got drilled 42-17 Tony was 16/33 for 249 Yards 1TD 2 INTs - Not a good game; not a horrible game. Defense got mauled.
Atl won 38-28 Tony 22/29 278 yds 2 TD 1 INT - good game
Philly lost 23-7 14/29 149 yds 1 TD 2 INTs - not a good game
Det lost 39-31 Tony 23/32 321 Yards 2 TD 1 INT - Tony played well. Defense stunk!

So 2006, in review, Tony was not great, but certainly not horrible plus he played fairly well in the Playoff game and got them in position for the game winning FG.

2007:
Det won 28-27 Tony 35/44 302 Yards 2 TD 0 Ints - Good game by Tony - Come from behind win
Philly lost 10-6 I was at this game; really weird game. Offense was really in a funk. 13/36 187 Yards 0 TDs 3 INTs. Bad game by Tony and as I was there, he got no help that day and at least one of those INTs was a deflected ball.
Car won 20-13 Tony 28/42 257 yards 1TD 1 INT - okay game not great; not bad.
Wash lost 27-6 Tony only played a portion of this game since playoff fate was already wrapped up 7/16 86 yards 1 INT - This was a bad weather game that the Cowboys rested quite a few players and Tony only played a bit. These stats shouldn't really count against his december seeing as how he already had them set up as a #1 seed.

2007 playoff game v NY Giants:
Let's talk about this game. Tony was 18/36 201 Yards 1 TD 1 INT. Let's first talk about the INT. It was the last play of the game when he had no choice but to throw the ball into the endzone. Let's also talk about the 2 great throws he made to Crayton. One was flat out dropped with at least 40 yards of green in front of Crayton and possibly a TD. The other was a seam pattern into the end zone that was thrown very well, yet for some unknown reason, Crayton decided to stop his route.

In summary, Tony really only had one BAD game - Philly. The other he was good to very good (Det).

2008:
Pitt lost 20-13 Tony 19/36 201 yds 1TD 3 INTs - Cold weather game. Let's not forget that Tony had the team ahead 13-3 in the 4th quarter. The defense promptly gave up two long scoring drives to allow Pitt to tie the game at 13 with just under 2 minutes left. Then Tony threw the INT that got returned for the TD. If you read the AP story by Keith Srakocic he makes the comment that Witten ran the wrong route. None the less, that goes on tony's resume.
NY won 20-8 Tony 20/30 244 yds 2 TD 0 INTs - Excellent game by Tony - one of the few complete team games in the last few years.
Balt lost 33-24 Tony 24/45 252 yds 2TD 2 INTs - Tony had a decent game. If you remember this game, the Dallas offense started off sluggish, but came on strong in the 2nd half only for the defense to give up TWO 70+ yard TD runs. One to McGahee and one to McClain - two guys not known for their speed. Embarassing performance by the defense.
Philly lost 44-6 - Complete team meltdown. Tony was not good, but to lay this game on him is crazy. The whole team quit and Wade should ahve been fired after this game.

2009:
NY lost 31-24 tony 41/55 392 yds 3 TD 0 INTs - Fantastic game by Tony. Giants were just better that day.
NO won 24-17 Tony 22/34 312 yds 1 TD 0 INTs – Great game by Tony and another complete game by the team.
Wash won 17-0 Tony 25/38 286 yards 1TD 1 INT Good game – good defense.
Philly won 24-0 Tony 24/34 311 yds 2 TD 1 INT – Excellent game and great team win. Won division.
Playoffs:
Philly won 34-14 Tony great game 23/35 244 yards 2 TD 0 Ints – Of course, playoff games don’t count as big games.
Minn lost 34-3 Tony 22/35 198 yrds 0 TD 1 INT – Much like the Philly game in 08, complete team abortion. Tony wasn’t great, but he basically ran for his life most of the game. Of course, the playoff loss goes on his ledger, but I think it’s safe to say the whole team let us down.

2010:
Out

2011:
AZ Lost 19-13 Tony 28/42 299 yds 1 TD 0 INT – Not a great game, not a bad game.

I think one of the take aways here is that while Tony did struggle in December early in his career, I think his last December, 2009, and so far this year, he is playing pretty well. Averaging 307 Yards and has 10 TDs and 3 INTs in his last 7 'late season' games (after thanksgiving). And I think if you look deeper into 06-08 there’s some things going on with the team that contributed to the entire team’s decline. Not that Tony wasn’t part of it, but he has shouldered too much of the blame.

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 09:37 AM

So if we all admit we want a 2-5 QB who can win the big game instead of Tony Romo will you stop trying to stuff Romo Love down our throats all the time? :wave:

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Boy, the irony is rich.

Here's the thing on the Decmeber thing. It has to be looked at in some context. Tony did struggle early in his career in December, but you have to look at it in context with the entire team. The whole team struggled at times and how can we all forget the drama associated with this team in 07 and 08.

Granted Tony wasn't great but let's look deeper into these games:

Yea, You know what? Quincy Carter wasn't great either! But let's look deeper into those games..........................................

I understand what you are saying and I don't disagree with what you posted! The point that you and so many others fail to acknowledge is that a good QB consistently overcomes these things. The Brady's, Bree's, Rogers, and Mannings of the world see the exact same crap and play with the exact same issues in their career and they EXCEED them! The Patriots, Packers and Colts receivers would be average receivers anywhere else. Those QBs turn average into great! The Dallas Cowboys are not the only franchise that has to deal with these things. They all deal with them. In Dallas it's always something else! If the defense is the #2 defense in the NFL then it's the O-lines fault! If the O-line is a top rated O-line then its the receiving corp! Or the Running backs! Or the coaches! Or the Cowboy fans! Or the Dallas media! Or the fact that everyone hates the Cowboys! Or how everyone always wants to beat the Cowboys! Or they are wearing the wrong jerseys! There are cross roads in every single game that takes the team to the right(win) or to the left(lose). At those points in the game that turns it left or right the play makers are the ones that determine which way it gets turned! The impression that Romo has given a whole lot of people (correctly or wrongly) is that although he might play a good game overall when he came to that cross roads he could not turn the team right! Of course he does sometimes but the difference between him and the top QBs in the league is that they more often than not make that turn........... does that make sense?

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I understand what you are saying and I don't disagree with what you posted! The point that you and so many others fail to acknowledge is that a good QB consistently overcomes these things. The Brady's, Bree's, Rogers, and Mannings of the world see the exact same crap and play with the exact same issues in their career and they EXCEED them!

Here's where I think you need to have a reality check. You mention Brady, Brees, Rogers and Manning - those are 3, possibly 4 if Rodgers continues, that will be regarded as one of the best of their generation and possibly of all time (Brady & Manning). You're not being fair to Romo. It's like ripping Josh Beckett because he's not as good as Roy Hallady. Well, hell, Halladay is going to go down as one of the greats of all time.

And let's rewind the tape a bit with regards to Rodgers. He was having a great year last year, yet on the last day of the season his team was primed to not make the playoffs. Remember what happened? Ding Dong in Philly ran a punt in for a TD to complete a total meltdown by the Giants that allowed GB to make the playoffs instead of NY. The great Aaron Rodgers was going to be watching the playoffs from home without help from the Eagles! Of course, Rodgers had a great year. No one was blaming him for GB not making the playoffs. And as we know, their defense got on a roll and they had a great run all the way to the SB.

Here's another interesting tidbit about how I think the media is not objective in how they report things.

What is the Giants (Eli) record in December during Tom Coughlin's tenure?

14-18!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204449804577068901579773924.html

And here's an article making excuses for their December troubles. Can you imagine how grilled someone from the local media would be if they made excuses like these for the Cowboys? Oh, the darn NFL just gives us a tougher schedule than everyone else! Poor us!

I bet you will have a hard time remembering a national 'analyst' make a point about how terribly inconsistent the Giants and Eli have been in December. You want to know why? Because it drives more ratings or web page hits to magnify the Cowboys and their 'issues'.

buff4ever
12-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Here's where I think you need to have a reality check. You mention Brady, Brees, Rogers and Manning - those are 3, possibly 4 if Rodgers continues, that will be regarded as one of the best of their generation and possibly of all time (Brady & Manning). You're not being fair to Romo. It's like ripping Josh Beckett because he's not as good as Roy Hallady. Well, hell, Halladay is going to go down as one of the greats of all time.

And let's rewind the tape a bit with regards to Rodgers. He was having a great year last year, yet on the last day of the season his team was primed to not make the playoffs. Remember what happened? Ding Dong in Philly ran a punt in for a TD to complete a total meltdown by the Giants that allowed GB to make the playoffs instead of NY. The great Aaron Rodgers was going to be watching the playoffs from home without help from the Eagles! Of course, Rodgers had a great year. No one was blaming him for GB not making the playoffs. And as we know, their defense got on a roll and they had a great run all the way to the SB.

Here's another interesting tidbit about how I think the media is not objective in how they report things.

14-18!

And here's an article making excuses for their December troubles. Can you imagine how grilled someone from the local media would be if they made excuses like these for the Cowboys? Oh, the darn NFL just gives us a tougher schedule than everyone else! Poor us!

I bet you will have a hard time remembering a national 'analyst' make a point about how terribly inconsistent the Giants and Eli have been in December. You want to know why? Because it drives more ratings or web page hits to magnify the Cowboys and their 'issues'.

You bring an intersting angle to this discussion. Obviously Romo annoys others in this nation with his lack of leadership and carefree personality as well. So it isn't just the 3 or 4 of us on here saying he sux, the media knows it to.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1648485]Yea, . The Brady's, Bree's, Rogers, and Mannings of the world see the exact same crap and play with the exact same issues in their career and they EXCEED them! The Patriots, Packers and Colts receivers would be average receivers anywhere else. Those QBs turn average into great! The Dallas Cowboys are not the only franchise that has to deal with these things. QUOTE]

U mean how Romo has turned Miles Austin a UFA into something? Or how Laurent Robinson was a bottom of roster pick up and is now one of the surprises of the season..or Jessie Holley who was a friggin reality tv guy

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 10:36 AM
You bring an intersting angle to this discussion. Obviously Romo annoys others in this nation with his lack of leadership and carefree personality as well. So it isn't just the 3 or 4 of us on here saying he sux, the media knows it to.

You clearly missed the point.

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 10:38 AM

14-18!

I'm not the one who is saying Romo is a top 5 QB Mac! You guys are. Anytime I mention Romo in a negative light I'm told he is a top 5 rated QB! Then when I show the difference in Romo and the other top5 rated QB I'm told he isn't a top 5 QB and I expect too much. He either is or he isn't!

And Eli Manning was considered and called a hell of a lot worse than Romo is before he showed he could get over the hump. Here is Eli's December numbers for his career as a starter! 05' through 10'!

December record: 15-12
Playoff record: 4-3
Superbowl Rings: 1

Even as poorly as Eli was thought of early on he exceeds Romo's success by a large margin late in the season! BTW: Those early Giants teams were not very talented! The Cowboys put 11 in the Pro Bowl Romo's first season!

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1648485]Yea, . The Brady's, Bree's, Rogers, and Mannings of the world see the exact same crap and play with the exact same issues in their career and they EXCEED them! The Patriots, Packers and Colts receivers would be average receivers anywhere else. Those QBs turn average into great! The Dallas Cowboys are not the only franchise that has to deal with these things. QUOTE]

U mean how Romo has turned Miles Austin a UFA into something? Or how Laurent Robinson was a bottom of roster pick up and is now one of the surprises of the season..or Jessie Holley who was a friggin reality tv guy

Exactly what I mean! Now let's go have some postseason success........................ Yea us!!!! :cheerl::cheerl:

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm not the one who is saying Romo is a top 5 QB Mac! You guys are. Anytime I mention Romo in a negative light I'm told he is a top 5 rated QB! Then when I show the difference in Romo and the other top5 rated QB I'm told he isn't a top 5 QB and I expect too much. He either is or he isn't!

And Eli Manning was considered and called a hell of a lot worse than Romo is before he showed he could get over the hump. Here is Eli's December numbers for his career as a starter! 05' through 10'!

December record: 15-12
Playoff record: 4-3
Superbowl Rings: 1

Even as poorly as Eli was thought of early on he exceeds Romo's success by a large margin late in the season! BTW: Those early Giants teams were not very talented! The Cowboys put 11 in the Pro Bowl Romo's first season!

No actually most of us say he is a top 10 QB..You say that is not good enough

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 10:45 AM

That is absolutely NOT true. I have NEVER said he is a top 5. I have said consistently that he is a top 7-12 QB in the league.

Let me give another example of why it's so fun to pile on the Cowboys. Take a look at this and tell me what value this adds to the program other than gratuitous pilling on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OuAVxO4jEOA#!

BTW, tell me what Jared Allen has won.

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Before this turns into another long debate, let me just say that this is one time I hope I am wrong! I want our Cowboys to have success consistently and to win a Superbowl. If Romo can get them there then I will eat crow and say I was wrong until the end of time! I admitted 1000 times that Dirk did manage to win a title even though I said a million times he couldn't do it as the main go-to guy in Dallas. He did it! He stepped his game up and put his team on his back when it was required. But that was an anomoly that I don't believe Romo can duplicate. Again, I HOPE I AM WRONG! But i'm not at all satisfied with decades of struggling in mediocrity and so far Romo hasn't shown he can change that. But it is fun debating it with you guys! Carry On!

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
But i'm not at all satisfied with decades of struggling in mediocrity and so far Romo hasn't shown he can change that. But it is fun debating it with you guys! Carry On!

actually he has..now we see if he takes it to the next level

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Before this turns into another long debate, let me just say that this is one time I hope I am wrong! I want our Cowboys to have success consistently and to win a Superbowl. If Romo can get them there then I will eat crow and say I was wrong until the end of time! I admitted 1000 times that Dirk did manage to win a title even though I said a million times he couldn't do it as the main go-to guy in Dallas. He did it! He stepped his game up and put his team on his back when it was required. But that was an anomoly that I don't believe Romo can duplicate. Again, I HOPE I AM WRONG! But i'm not at all satisfied with decades of struggling in mediocrity and so far Romo hasn't shown he can change that. But it is fun debating it with you guys! Carry On!

I think the Dirk thing is a good conversation. I think all we're saying is that teams have won SBs with lesser QBs than Romo. What did the Mavs to for Dirk? The surrounded him with the right kind of players to minimize his shortcomings. I truly believe that the Cowboys can win a SB with Romo if they get the OL fixed and find some guys that can cover the other teams WRs.

And I still like to use the GB example. GB, was an afterthought last year going into the playoffs because they had to have help getting in. They got hot at the right time and rode the wave. I think the Cowboys could do this.

buff4ever
12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
If we made all these no name receivers into somebody, then why can't we make romo into something. Atleast we are starting to call him what he is a 10 from TXB and a 12 from mac. I would take a 7,6, or 8 if they are a better leader. We have a 10 to 12 that can play like a 6 at times and can play like an 18 at times (generally when it matters).

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 10:57 AM
If we made all these no name receivers into somebody, then why can't we make romo into something. Atleast we are starting to call him what he is a 10 from TXB and a 12 from mac. I would take a 7,6, or 8 if they are a better leader. We have a 10 to 12 that can play like a 6 at times and can play like an 18 at times (generally when it matters).

Your posts are incoherent ramblings.

buff4ever
12-08-2011, 10:57 AM
The lesser qb's that have won super bowls didn't blow it with huge mistakes in those roads to the championship. If we are going to win with romo pick 6s and fumbles in the big games will always be too much to come back from if he stays a 10 - 12 guy.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 10:58 AM
The lesser qb's that have won super bowls didn't blow it with huge mistakes in those roads to the championship. If we are going to win with romo pick 6s and fumbles in the big games will always be too much to come back from if he stays a 10 - 12 guy.

Name all the big games that Romo blew with a pick 6 or fumble

Emerson1
12-08-2011, 10:59 AM

46-27

You see. Now Romo is surrounded by talent, but last week Demarcus Ware wasn't even a top 25 player at his position.

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 11:00 AM
No actually most of us say he is a top 10 QB..You say that is not good enough

Oh, Ok that's different then!!

And honestly it makes no difference WHERE Romo is ranked because my complaint is with the RESULTS, not the ranking. It is you guys that use his ranking as proof of his worth. The results are the problem, not the ranking!
I have to go prepare for a court case so I'll get back with you guys in a while. Have a great lunch..................

Emerson1
12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I hope you are better in court then you are getting demolished here.

GrTigers6
12-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh, Ok that's different then!!

And honestly it makes no difference WHERE Romo is ranked because my complaint is with the RESULTS, not the ranking. It is you guys that use his ranking as proof of his worth. The results are the problem, not the ranking!
I have to go prepare for a court case so I'll get back with you guys in a while. Have a great lunch..................The results are what contributes to the ranking!:crazy::doh::evillol:

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 11:14 AM
I think the Dirk thing is a good conversation. I think all we're saying is that teams have won SBs with lesser QBs than Romo. What did the Mavs to for Dirk? The surrounded him with the right kind of players to minimize his shortcomings. I truly believe that the Cowboys can win a SB with Romo if they get the OL fixed and find some guys that can cover the other teams WRs.

And I still like to use the GB example. GB, was an afterthought last year going into the playoffs because they had to have help getting in. They got hot at the right time and rode the wave. I think the Cowboys could do this.

And in 09' they had the #6 ranked O-line and the #2 rated defense in points allowed in the NFL and Romo's success was limited to a single playoff win against a divisional opponent that they had already beaten twice! Not Romo's fault in principle because the Vikes destroyed our O-line in that game! But again a top rated QB takes that D-line out of their bull rush mentality with play calling and audiables and still manages to make plays. SEE DREW BREES the following week! Romo didn't!

But I hope you are right and he does it! But if he doesn't then I was right for his entire career and all of the Dallas nation wasted (however many years it ends up being) waiting for him to become what he is supposed to be! but I also need to make it plain that I don't have a problem to much if the Cowboys simply get their asses beat by a better team. But that rarely happens! The Cowboys have the talent to play with ANY team. Normally it is mistakes or really, really bad play because of a lack of concentration or intensity that gets them beat and the team leader has to learn to get the best out of his team! They went toe to toe with all the really good teams they have played this season and lost to 2 of them because of mental mistakes and breakdowns by many but primarily by Romo himself. Rogers doesn't have more talent around him than Romo does! He has simply gotten on a roll and makes everyone around him better! I hope Romo finds that Roll!

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 11:22 AM
And in 09' they had the #6 ranked O-line and the #2 rated defense in points allowed in the NFL and Romo's success was limited to a single playoff win against a divisional opponent that they had already beaten twice! Not Romo's fault in principle because the Vikes destroyed our O-line in that game! But again a top rated QB takes that D-line out of their bull rush mentality with play calling and audiables and still manages to make plays. SEE DREW BREES the following week! Romo didn't!

I think it's hard to look at that Minn game because it was such a whitewash. I'm sure Romo could have been better but it's hard to tell once Flo got hurt and all hell broke lose. REmember that the game was close for a while, but once Flo got hurt, that thing got out of control quickly. And it's not really fair to compare Brees and Romo back to back because Romo had to play Minn on the road which is a very difficult place to play and Brees got Minn at home which is a tough place for the road team.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I think it's hard to look at that Minn game because it was such a whitewash. I'm sure Romo could have been better but it's hard to tell once Flo got hurt and all hell broke lose. REmember that the game was close for a while, but once Flo got hurt, that thing got out of control quickly. And it's not really fair to compare Brees and Romo back to back because Romo had to play Minn on the road which is a very difficult place to play and Brees got Minn at home which is a tough place for the road team.

And the ONLY reason the Saints won that game was because Farve threw the int at end of game

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
I hope you are better in court then you are getting demolished here.

I would never take this case to court Emerson1... It's nearly impossible to prove opinion and intangibles! Besides, It's civil court and requires only a "preponderance of evidence" rather than "beyond a reasonable doubt". If I could get Buff4ever on the jury you would be TOAST!!! :cheerl::cheerl:

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 01:47 PM
And the ONLY reason the Saints won that game was because Farve threw the int at end of game

So QB mistakes CAN be the only reason a team loses a game????????

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 02:03 PM

I find it amazing that you are the one who keeps saying we need "Look at the games" yet you aren't looking at the games. The difference in momentum in that game could have been huge without Romo mistakes on the first two possessions. But even after that Romo didn't keep the Vikes D-line honest the way Drew Brees did. They must be made to pay for not keeping containment.............

Click on the link and watch the video highlights. Dallas is driving without signs of being stopped and Romo fumbles. Dallas gets the ball again and is driving and Romo again fumbles to bring up a long 3rd down! This is a theme for Romo through out his career! PERIOD. Pay special attention to how Favre handles the Dallas pressure that is just as fierce as the Vikes pressure that Romo didn't handle very well. The difference in these two QBs is huge............

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010011700/2009/POST19/cowboys@vikings#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I find it amazing that you are the one who keeps saying we need "Look at the games" yet you aren't looking at the games. The difference in momentum in that game could have been huge without Romo mistakes on the first two possessions. But even after that Romo didn't keep the Vikes D-line honest the way Drew Brees did. They must be made to pay for not keeping containment.............

Click on the link and watch the video highlights. Dallas is driving without signs of being stopped and Romo fumbles. Dallas gets the ball again and is driving and Romo again fumbles to bring up a long 3rd down! This is a theme for Romo through out his career! PERIOD. Pay special attention to how Favre handles the Dallas pressure that is just as fierce as the Vikes pressure that Romo didn't handle very well. The difference in these two QBs is huge............

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010011700/2009/POST19/cowboys@vikings#menu=highlights&tab=recap

one fumble because bad OL play..one fumble because Romo did not take the snap well

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Yes, he got hit and stripped on the first one. Needs to protect the ball better. Next one was a bad exchange and his fault, but he does get in back and made yardage on 3rd down and the FG was missed. At that point, the game is 7-3, but after that the flood gates open. Flo is out and it snowballs. He made a couple of mistakes, but neither of those first two turnovers resulted in Minn points.

Again, Tony didn't have a good game, but you're putting way too much of this on Romo. Good grief, a team gets beat by 30 and you want to blame the QB.

buff4ever
12-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I can see where this is going, with the t-sip and aggie thing temporarily going away, Romo will be the next no-no on the down low. These threads are going to start getting locked and banned from occurring:).

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
one fumble because bad OL play..one fumble because Romo did not take the snap well

Let's play a game? Let's count how many WIDE OPEN receivers we can see on that play where Romo gets flushed and fumbles the ball...............................

Farmersfan
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Yes, he got hit and stripped on the first one. Needs to protect the ball better. Next one was a bad exchange and his fault, but he does get in back and made yardage on 3rd down and the FG was missed. At that point, the game is 7-3, but after that the flood gates open. Flo is out and it snowballs. He made a couple of mistakes, but neither of those first two turnovers resulted in Minn points.

Again, Tony didn't have a good game, but you're putting way too much of this on Romo. Good grief, a team gets beat by 30 and you want to blame the QB.

So the QB mistakes don't have any effect on how the game progresses? Seriously? If Romo doesn't make those mistakes and the Cowboys can score points this most likely is a completely different game! Momentum is HUGE! And even the commentators said Romo threw the next ball way too soon and it was bounced up in the air. Thank God it was Austin who caught it instead of a Viking. Notice how skeetery Romo gets in this game........................

Macarthur
12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
So the QB mistakes don't have any effect on how the game progresses? Seriously? If Romo doesn't make those mistakes and the Cowboys can score points this most likely is a completely different game! Momentum is HUGE! And even the commentators said Romo threw the next ball way too soon and it was bounced up in the air. Thank God it was Austin who caught it instead of a Viking. Notice how skeetery Romo gets in this game........................

I've already said the offense wasn't great and Romo was a big part of that, but if you notice on several of those plays, he's still having to move around and avoid the rush.

I supose if they had put up 10 points instead of 3 it could have made a difference. However, seeing how that defense played that game, I have a real hard time seeing that game turn out much different. And I think you keep avoiding the issue of Flozell going down. Basically the very next series after he went down, the rush started being relentless.

The difference between you and I is that I'm willing to admit that Romo wasn't very good that game, but you refuse to admit that any other part of the team had any part in the way they got whitewashed.

Farmersfan
12-09-2011, 08:50 AM
I've already said the offense wasn't great and Romo was a big part of that, but if you notice on several of those plays, he's still having to move around and avoid the rush.

I supose if they had put up 10 points instead of 3 it could have made a difference. However, seeing how that defense played that game, I have a real hard time seeing that game turn out much different. And I think you keep avoiding the issue of Flozell going down. Basically the very next series after he went down, the rush started being relentless.

The difference between you and I is that I'm willing to admit that Romo wasn't very good that game, but you refuse to admit that any other part of the team had any part in the way they got whitewashed.

But that rarely happens! The Cowboys have the talent to play with ANY team. Normally it is mistakes or really, really bad play because of a lack of concentration or intensity that gets them beat and the team leader has to learn to get the best out of his team! They went toe to toe with all the really good teams they have played this season and lost to 2 of them because of mental mistakes and breakdowns by many but primarily by Romo himself.

And for the millionth time: a great QB must overcome the issues that you guys use as excuses but every single team plays through...............