PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Job

Bob
01-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Is Schroeder from Westlake going to get this job? I know there are some great people applying, but how can you not hire someone like Coach Schroeder? Big Christian, Big time family man, and the winningest coach in Texas in the 90's!! Anyone know the timeline on this job?

Ozzy
01-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Bob:
Is Schroeder from Westlake going to get this job? I know there are some great people applying, but how can you not hire someone like Coach Schroeder? Big Christian, Big time family man, and the winningest coach in Texas in the 90's!! Anyone know the timeline on this job?He's also a man that walked out on his team the first day of practice to prove a point. I would have a very difficult time hiring him to lead any program.

big daddy russ
01-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Muy interesante. I know his son (Chad) plays for Texas A&M, and to make things even more interesting, Chad-- the fastest player on A&M's roster-- is getting a whole lot of player support in terms of playing time. All his teammates like him and with Reggie out, they might put Chad at QB instead of pulling McGee out of a redshirt year. (Shroeder played QB during his time at Westlake but is one of those WR/QB/Athlete-type players in college, kinda like Woody Dantzler when he started out.) Either way, Shroeder will probably see the field a lot this year and pops would get to see his son play a lot more on Saturdays.

Bob
01-26-2004, 09:58 AM
I think it would be a great move for Bryan. Ron stepped down at Westlake mainly because of needing back surgery Ozzy. He is a class act.

JasperDog94
01-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Ozzy:

Bob:
Is Schroeder from Westlake going to get this job? I know there are some great people applying, but how can you not hire someone like Coach Schroeder? Big Christian, Big time family man, and the winningest coach in Texas in the 90's!! Anyone know the timeline on this job?He's also a man that walked out on his team the first day of practice to prove a point. I would have a very difficult time hiring him to lead any program.What was the point he was trying to make?

Bob
01-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Ozzy has been smokin to much lately. Ron was in alot of pain and wanted Coach Long to take it over and thats why the timing of the retirement took place when it did.

Old Tiger
01-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Bryan is a good town and place to settle down at.