PDA

View Full Version : Ou @ osu

Bullaholic
12-03-2011, 09:15 PM
The Sooner Schooner is on fire and the wheels have come off. OSU up 24-0 with 2:00 to go til' half. Oh my!

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 09:26 PM
come on OSU keep piling it on and force the jump over Bama

24-3 at half

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow they are laying the wood to Stoop's boys, would much rather see Okie Lite than Bama in NC game. Would love to see their O against the LSU D.

PO

Daddy D 11
12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
although i want okie lite in the natl championship game, it would just be another example of lsu (or an elite sec defense) shuttting down a prolific spread offense after having 40 days to figure out how to stop it.
i look at it this way, Arkansas and Okie Lite are damn near mirror images of each other and lsu took them to the woodshed. lsu also shut down oregons spread attack with ease.

pains me to say, but bama would give lsu a way better game and would be more fun to watch
and im not even saying bamas resume is better than okie lites...just sayin that osu cant match up with lsu like bama can

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 10:57 PM
although i want okie lite in the natl championship game, it would just be another example of lsu (or an elite sec defense) shuttting down a prolific spread offense after having 40 days to figure out how to stop it.
i look at it this way, Arkansas and Okie Lite are damn near mirror images of each other and lsu took them to the woodshed. lsu also shut down oregons spread attack with ease.

pains me to say, but bama would give lsu a way better game and would be more fun to watch
and im not even saying bamas resume is better than okie lites...just sayin that osu cant match up with lsu like bama can

Can't argue with most of your points except the Arkansas game was a 7 point game going into the 4th quarter and 2 Ark turnovers sealed their fate. I think OSU is a much better team than Ark, if their D would have played this good a few weeks back we would'nt have to wonder. We've seen the Bama game already and I like a tough nose defensive game as anyone but that game was kind of tough to watch at times lol. For the record I'm saying it will be Bama vs LSU and right now if I'd to bet the farm I'd pick Bama.

PO

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 11:05 PM
OSU has a better resume this season plain and simple

Papá Oso
12-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Wow, love the comments by Gundy after the game. No PC coach speak there can't say I disagree with him.

PO

Daddy D 11
12-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Can't argue with most of your points except the Arkansas game was a 7 point game going into the 4th quarter and 2 Ark turnovers sealed their fate. I think OSU is a much better team than Ark, if their D would have played this good a few weeks back we would'nt have to wonder. We've seen the Bama game already and I like a tough nose defensive game as anyone but that game was kind of tough to watch at times lol. For the record I'm saying it will be Bama vs LSU and right now if I'd to bet the farm I'd pick Bama.

PO

Arky-LSU was not that close. If you watched that game you know LSU ran away with that game well before that.
Arkansas couldn't do anything lol

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Arky-LSU was not that close. If you watched that game you know LSU ran away with that game well before that.
Arkansas couldn't do anything lol

how was it not that close? It was 24-17 going into 4th Q

Daddy D 11
12-04-2011, 12:26 AM
after their first drive in the second half, arkansas only had 10 offensive snaps and 2 first downs the rest of the game...

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 12:31 AM
after their first drive in the second half, arkansas only had 10 offensive snaps and 2 first downs the rest of the game...

yet it was a 7 point game..that is close

the genious
12-04-2011, 12:39 AM
yet it was a 7 point game..that is close

LSU was down 14-0 quick because they made a few mistakes that they usually don't make... Then they went on a 41-3 run in a little over a half do the math if they play whole game like that they damn near score 80! You take away early mistakes and the backups start 2nd half for LSU!

Daddy D 11
12-04-2011, 12:40 AM
you are not really a threat to win the game when you cant even get a first down lol

you're just trolling right now. there wasn't a time in that second half where you thought "this game is close" and we both know it. You're just trying to argue for arguments sake.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 12:41 AM
LSU was down 14-0 quick because they made a few mistakes that they usually don't make... Then they went on a 41-3 run in a little over a half do the math if they play whole game like that they damn near score 80! You take away early mistakes and the backups start 2nd half for LSU!

Well hell if the Piggies would have played in the 2nd half like they did when they scored the 14 they would have rolled...if if if if..fact is going into 4th Q it was a 7 point game..that is a clse game..I dont care if one team had 200 FD 3,000 yards if they are only up by 7 the game is close.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 12:45 AM
you are not really a threat to win the game when you cant even get a first down lol

you're just trolling right now. there wasn't a time in that second half where you thought "this game is close" and we both know it. You're just trying to argue for arguments sake.

A friggin 7 point game is close D11.not sure how you can say it was not..if Arky could not move at all in 3rd Q after FG, why was LSU not up more till the 4th?

I broadcast Abilene vs Mansfield last week Abilene could do NOTHING from 2nd Q till last two mins of game..I mean nothing..at one point had like 25 yards and 3 first downs..but they won the game. even though Mansfield DOMINATED that game because it was CLOSE Abilene was able to pull it out...

Score is all that matter, not yards and going into the 4th Q Arky was one posession away from tying.that is close going into final Q

Daddy D 11
12-04-2011, 12:51 AM
what in the hell does abilene and mansfield have to do with lsu and arkansas?

you're trolling

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 12:56 AM
what in the hell does abilene and mansfield have to do with lsu and arkansas?

you're trolling

yea that is it..only you can give your view if I disagree I am trolling,...geez...my point was you clain it was not close going into 4th because LSU was dominating even though it was 24-17..i showed that in that same type of game the team that was getting dominated everywhere but the scoreboard still won because of the scoreboard...Arky still had that chance until the 4th Q..that is not trolling that is disagreeing with you

Daddy D 11
12-04-2011, 01:03 AM
you also never argued my point from the beginning that you are just arguing this to argue it. and that you too never believed the game was close as you were watching it. unless you didn't watch it? then well.. you don't really know what you are talking about.

In the last 3 quarters Arkansas had 6 first downs...6.
You ask why LSU didn't score more? Because they were grinding it out down the field, that's what they do. Just because their offense didn't score instantly doesn't mean Arkansas is any closer to scoring a touchdown. The game was very simple the last 3 quarters, Arkansas was going to punt really quickly and LSU was going to grind it out down the field for points.
4 minutes into the fourth it was a 3 possession game.

What I'm trying to tell you is that IF you watched this game, you KNOW it wasn't close.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2011, 01:17 AM
How many times have people (you included) said, "it really wasn't even that close". I FULLY UNDERSTAND what the score was, and what the point differential was, but.... IF you watched the game "it really wasn't even that close".

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 01:23 AM
you also never argued my point from the beginning that you are just arguing this to argue it. and that you too never believed the game was close as you were watching it. unless you didn't watch it? then well.. you don't really know what you are talking about.

In the last 3 quarters Arkansas had 6 first downs...6.
You ask why LSU didn't score more? Because they were grinding it out down the field, that's what they do. Just because their offense didn't score instantly doesn't mean Arkansas is any closer to scoring a touchdown. The game was very simple the last 3 quarters, Arkansas was going to punt really quickly and LSU was going to grind it out down the field for points.
4 minutes into the fourth it was a 3 possession game.

What I'm trying to tell you is that IF you watched this game, you KNOW it wasn't close.

Yes going into 4th Q I felt Arky had a chance, it was a 7 point game..Seen way to many games flip the script in 2-3 plays and a team that looks dead pulls out a win..for all the talk about how bad Arky was after the FG, until the 4th Q LSU was not exactly putting the ball in the endzone either in the 3rd Q

regaleagle
12-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Two opposing views here in the debate. I can see how both veiws could be taken. Unfortunately, the debate has ''FIZZLED". Shucks. It was good while it lasted.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Two opposing views here in the debate. I can see how both veiws could be taken. Unfortunately, the debate has ''FIZZLED". Shucks. It was good while it lasted.

I lve debating with D11 always brings good stuff to the issue

Daddy D 11
12-04-2011, 01:59 AM
I lve debating with D11 always brings good stuff to the issue

LOL, sorry i was finishing a bitch of a paper thats due monday.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 02:07 AM
LOL, sorry i was finishing a bitch of a paper thats due monday.

DO NOT MISS THOSE DAYS lol..GL on it

Daddy D 11
12-04-2011, 02:12 PM
DO NOT MISS THOSE DAYS lol..GL on it

I graduate next week, so I'm almost through!
Then another 3 years, but the break until the fall will be nice.