PDA

View Full Version : UH Cougars-Miss

ExScoop
12-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Coogs having trouble today-Down 21-14 in 3rd qtr. Offensie is out of sink and defense isn't playing that good

Lots of time left though

ExScoop
12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Coogs are killing themselves with mistakes-Down 28-14- Still in 3rd quarter
They need to step it up and start playing the way they are capable of
Think they entered this game over confident

ExScoop
12-03-2011, 02:14 PM
East Bernard graduate Michael Hayes already has two touchdowns as Coogs cut the lMiss lead to 28-21. He is one of the most underated running back, not only in Conference USA, but in Texas. He doesn't have the size but is a tough runner and plays with a lot of intensity. 7:05. 3rd qtr

forum_guy
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Finally the Houston should be in a BCS bowl game talk can stop. That was the funniest joke ever.

ExScoop
12-03-2011, 02:50 PM
This is not the same Cougar team that played the played 11 weeks. They have no defense at all and offense is sputtering

Roughneck93
12-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Southern Miss D dominated UH today.

lostaussie
12-03-2011, 02:59 PM
This one is...........OVER

OldBison75
12-03-2011, 03:14 PM
In the "Who is A & M gonna pursue?" sweepstakes, Larry Fedora is making a big statement today!!!!!!!

3afan
12-03-2011, 03:16 PM
UH exposed - Conf USA is bad

Roughneck93
12-03-2011, 03:20 PM
In the "Who is A & M gonna pursue?" sweepstakes, Larry Fedora is making a big statement today!!!!!!!

:iagree:

Sumlin and his offense is probably more suited for the Pac-12.

OldBison75
12-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but the Southern Mississippi defense is playing with the kind of emotion that the Aggie faithful would love to see again in Aggieland. Plus, they have been aggressive all day on offense and defense and that is something the Aggies need if they are gonna have a chance to be a top tier team in the SEC.

Roughneck93
12-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Yeah, but the Mississippi State defense is playing with the kind of emotion that the Aggie faithful would love to see again in Aggieland. Plus, they have been aggressive all day on offense and defense and that is something the Aggies need if they are gonna have a chance to be a top tier team in the SEC.

Oh yeah, taking nothing away from Miss State today. They completely whipped the Coogs today.

Roughneck93
12-03-2011, 03:35 PM
According to sources...
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/03/university-of-houston-coach-kevin-sumlin-to-named-texas-am-coach-within-24-hours/

lostaussie
12-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Oh yeah, taking nothing away from Miss State today. They completely whipped the Coogs today.one Mississippi.........two Mississippi..........wrong Mississippi:D

Roughneck93
12-03-2011, 04:29 PM
one Mississippi.........two Mississippi..........wrong Mississippi:D

Lol!! Damn!

carter08
12-03-2011, 04:35 PM
mistakes cost us this one: probably get 2 more td's if not for those terrible drops in the first half
blocked punt return for TD is completely unacceptable
on the fumble that was ruled out of bounds and southern miss possession, players gotta know the rules and let their teammates that are still in-bounds make a play on the ball

southern miss defense was helped out a lot by uh mistakes

southern miss offense played well though, good job

i've spent 4 years waiting for this bcs berth and with it being ripped away like this, i kinda want to cry or something, idk

carter08
12-03-2011, 04:37 PM
also, if sumlin leaves, i hope we either a) bring in a defensive minded head coach that will leave the offensive scheme/ offensive staff alone (unless, you know, sumlin takes all the coaches with him too or something) or b) promote someone from within (kliff kingsbury???)

lbjacj
12-03-2011, 05:04 PM
mistakes cost us this one: probably get 2 more td's if not for those terrible drops in the first half
blocked punt return for TD is completely unacceptable
on the fumble that was ruled out of bounds and southern miss possession, players gotta know the rules and let their teammates that are still in-bounds make a play on the ball

southern miss defense was helped out a lot by uh mistakes

southern miss offense played well though, good job

i've spent 4 years waiting for this bcs berth and with it being ripped away like this, i kinda want to cry or something, idk

Sorry for your loss!

ExScoop
12-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Only bright spot for the Cougars was East Bernard graduate Mike Hayes scoring two touchdowns

carter08
12-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Only bright spot for the Cougars was East Bernard graduate Mike Hayes scoring two touchdowns

i wouldn't call that the only bright spot, not even sure if i'd call it a bright spot at all

yeah, he scored 2 tds, but overall the running game played terribly. hayes averaged 3.3 a carry and both him and sims kept tripping up A LOT, running game is a big reason we lost the game

justin johnson had 171 rec yds and 2 tds, i'd call him more of a bright spot

forum_guy
12-03-2011, 07:05 PM
its really a shame it had to happen now. I was looking forward to their beatdown in the BCS game that they didn't deserve

regaleagle
12-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Every team has a game where everything goes wrong. Southern Miss had much to do with that, but Houston did give them lots of help. It happens. Just happened to Houston on the last game of the year in a nationally televised game. This team is a good team. It's tough to swallow, but they didn't play up to their standards today and lost. Too bad. Major blow to the program, for sure. Sorry to see it happen.

1st and goal
12-03-2011, 07:57 PM
its really a shame it had to happen now. I was looking forward to their beatdown in the BCS game that they didn't deserve

What's your problem? Why are you just trolling?

forum_guy
12-03-2011, 08:52 PM
its not trolling its wanting everyone to know how stupid it was to think that Houston belongs in that same sentence as the word BCS. What a joke.

carter08
12-04-2011, 03:05 AM

this game was an aberration. play it 10 more times, and the cougar offense wouldn't have been held to 28
still 100% we could (as long as we didn't make the same mistakes (drops, penalties) we did today) hang with any school in the country not named LSU or Alabama