PDA

View Full Version : Division I State Championship: Alvarado (14-0) vs Tyler Chapel Hill (14-0)

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2011, 10:24 AM
One of these teams will have their "perfect" season come to an end this week. The other will become the 2011 Division I State Champion.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Defense wins championships. Alvarado by 10.

Emerson1
12-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Is it gonna be on TV or a web stream?

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Is it gonna be on TV or a web stream?
TBA

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/state/broadcast-information

garciap77
12-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm going with the http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/tx-txahs11-letter-150.png!

Bullaholic
12-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I think this is going to be a truly enjoyable SC game. I think CHill may have the best overall athletic team in 3A, and Alvarado is executing and playing more consistently week-to-week than any team in 3A. Another "Thunder vs Lightning" classic. I picked CHill to win it all in my 3ADL pickem' bracket, but after watching Alvarado for the third time this season, I'm going to say the Alvarado "machine" by 7.

CHS_89
12-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I am rooting for Alvarado to win this one. Hopefully I will get to see this game...gonna be a good one!!

GrTigers6
12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Haven't seen chapel hill yet but my gut tells me Alvarado wins this. Chill has the experience. Alvarado has the defense. I think it will be a close one either way but my prediction is 21-7 Alvarado with Alvarado pulling a last minute td to close it out!

toddg
12-03-2011, 12:17 PM
im waiting to see what chill88 has to say:1popcorn:

chgrad01
12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
If the poll would let me vote CH by 14...CH offense will be tough to stop even for Alvarado good D

yellaseeker
12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I believe Alvarado has the defensive battle won. If they play with minimal errors and penalty's, they win it IMO!

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't think anybody has a clear cut favorite to win this game. Alvarado has proven they can beat anybody and Chapell Hill has proven they are the cardiact kids who can win a game with seconds left. I am not picking a winner, but will pull for my East Texas friends. God Bless both teams.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-03-2011, 01:38 PM
I believe Alvarado has the defensive battle won. If they play with minimal errors and penalty's, they win it IMO!I feel Alvarado can handle the offense of CH.. Henderson had the #1 offense and was held to 13 pts. CH has had to play their starters the entire game of each game in these playoffs.. That wears on young men.. Alvarado should be fresh for this game and Show why they beat everyone like they do... "They haven't been tested" is what we hear... BS.. "East Texas Speed" BS.. I watched Wayne Onderdonck walk away from that east Texas speed.. I watched our secondary dominate that speed. Speed is nice when you play second tier teams. Ill say it here... ALVARADO IS THE REAL DEAL.... They deserve it.. Good luck CH. You deserve the chance to redeem yourselves.

texas_wildcat
12-03-2011, 02:53 PM
I have to say i have seen some good football teams in my time. but Alvarado is one of the best over all team i have ever seen.
my score is Alvarado 42- 14

GR Tiger_14
12-03-2011, 03:27 PM
When and Where will this game be played?

OldBison75
12-03-2011, 03:36 PM
I think that these two teams are gonna put on a big show for the championship. Alvarado has the type defense that will give the Chapel Hill offense fits. The Chapel Hill offense has the ability to coast at times and turn it on at the time when they need to. Speed will not be the determining factor, turnovers will. CH has had problems with turnovers in the last few games and this week, Alvarado will not let them come back for these type errors. If Alvarado can cause more than one turnover, they should win. However, they must not make any turnovers themselves. CH is very adept at making a turnover become points quickly.

I picked CH to win the SC early in the season and will stand by that this week, but they will have to play their best game of the season. I think this game comes down to a failed XP or possibly a blocked kick on a field goal try. CH by 1.

INDIAN MOM
12-03-2011, 04:00 PM
When and Where will this game be played?

GRTiger_14....the game is at Cowboys Stadium Friday night @ 7:30

fyerfyter247
12-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I cant lie, as an ex alum and former player i am biased. However i have seen this Alvarado team dominate in State playoff action. These are the elite teams left in the state. Dosent seem to matter for this offense. I dont know much about CHill, however i cannot see them being able to slow down the offensive output Alvarado has been putting on. Thier only hope would be just score more points. I dont think that will be the case either. I like Big A 38-17.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Im thinking it will be a lot like the Henderson game.. They have speed but our style of football is all about ball control and not letting their offense on the field very often.. fyerfyter247 I agree with you... Its hard to stop this Alvarado offense and the defense is so talented that they dont give up many points.. I pick Alvarado 42-14. Good luck to both teams..

easttxsportsfan
12-03-2011, 08:54 PM
The way CH has been playing lately, i don't see them winning this game. I sure hope that i am wrong. All this talk about east texas speed is BS. I have seen to many teams from all over the place have the same speed as Henderson, CH and so on.

Lions88
12-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Alvarado was lucky to get by us.. that defense will get beat by Chill.. you may get by one east texas team.. but Chill looms... if you lose this game we still hold the advantage in State Championships won..
Henderson: 1
Alvarado: ZERO

Bullaholic
12-03-2011, 09:25 PM
You know there is a time to talk smack and have some fun, and then there is a time to be serious. You obviously do not know or care.

garciap77
12-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Alvarado was lucky to get by us.. that defense will get beat by Chill.. you may get by one east texas team.. but Chill looms... if you lose this game we still hold the advantage in State Championships won..

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/bla-bla.gif

Lions88
12-03-2011, 09:27 PM
You know there is a time to talk smack and have some fun, and then there is a time to be serious. You obviously do not know or care.
Its not smack.. there is just no way they get past chapel hill. Chill lost last year.. they will come out red hot!! Alvarado wont know what hit them

garciap77
12-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Its not smack.. there is just no way they get past chapel hill. Chill lost last year.. they will come out red hot!! Alvarado wont know what hit them
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Lions88-1.gif

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-03-2011, 09:40 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Lions88-1.gifLions88, Henderson got beat.. admit it.. Straight up beaten down.. I saw the Henderson kids fold and give up after half.. Wasnt even close...

defense51
12-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Really? After the total domination by our offense and defense, the game was not nearly as close as the 21 point difference. Henderson was beaten in every aspect of the game, and still no love for the Indians... If Alvarado continues to play like it has been, they will be extremely difficult to beat! We win by execution at the line on both sides, that's what allows the running and passing game to succeed every week. It creates confusion and panic on the opposing offenses which causes turnovers. The line allows the skill players to be successful and controls the ball and the clock. If your offense only gets 3-5 possessions in a half it eliminates your chances of scoring. Alvarado is very well coached and has the fan support to win it's first state championship! Good luck Chapel Hill, you WILL need it this week. I thought Lions88 might show some class after Henderson lost and support the Indians like was said in his posts last week, but apparently he has no integrity!!!!!

Chillfan
12-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I will take my serving. I had picked the lions to win and boy was I wrong. Congrats Alvarado. I hope the Indian players are not as confident as some of the fans. CH was last year and we know how that ended.

CH can pound the ball with the best. We will prob being playing without 2 starting olinemen and our #1 rb. In Tucker. It will not be the first time we have played injured.

Get ready Indians. Getting that ring is not going to be easy.

I'm not predicting a score but I will say if CH continues with the mistakes like the last 3 weeks, it Alvarados ballgame. If CH comes out clean and crisp with no turnovers, its a CH win IMO.

Note: CH's run game is a lot better than Henderson's. 4 stud backs rotating every two plays.

defense51
12-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Players and coaches are never as confident as we the fans are! I'm looking forward to meeting CH, to be the best you have to beat the best.

Chillfan
12-03-2011, 10:39 PM
That's right defense51. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as he$$

Cowboys stadium and huge crowds can have a huge impact on staying focused.

83Indian
12-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I will take my serving. I had picked the lions to win and boy was I wrong. Congrats Alvarado. I hope the Indian players are not as confident as some of the fans. CH was last year and we know how that ended.

CH can pound the ball with the best. We will prob being playing without 2 starting olinemen and our #1 rb. In Tucker. It will not be the first time we have played injured.

Get ready Indians. Getting that ring is not going to be easy.

I'm not predicting a score but I will say if CH continues with the mistakes like the last 3 weeks, it Alvarados ballgame. If CH comes out clean and crisp with no turnovers, its a CH win IMO.

Note: CH's run game is a lot better than Henderson's. 4 stud backs rotating every two plays.

How good was West Columbia? Looked like you guys got a hail mary to put you in position to steal this one. Must have been nerve racking. You guys have had a lot of those and Alvarado quite frankly has not been challenged by anyone. Don't know if that's good or bad but Ill take Alvarado by 1 or 21. As long as we win.

Chillfan
12-03-2011, 11:03 PM
How good was West Columbia? Looked like you guys got a hail mary to put you in position to steal this one. Must have been nerve racking. You guys have had a lot of those and Alvarado quite frankly has not been challenged by anyone. Don't know if that's good or bad but Ill take Alvarado by 1 or 21. As long as we win.

WC was much improved and they have a few boys with speed to burn. WC played a great game. I'm not taking anything from the roughnecks. They could have very well been metting you guys this week. CH has seem to always find the big play when needed. Mind boggling. Lol

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2011, 11:06 PM

Alvarado comes into this game as did CHILL did last season with not being tested through out the playoffs. With that said, are the Bulldogs more battle tested? I don't know how this game will turn out, but, the way Alvarado has been playing defense, the Indians may be on the verge of being the Div I champions. Like some have pointed out, CHILL will have to have to play their best game without all the turnovers. In the games against La Vega, Navasota, and West Columbia, all three games could have gone either way.
This will be one heck of a game. Good Luck to both teams.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2011, 11:23 PM
I have no dog in this fight...only that my husband picked Alvarado in his bracket. But...I want Alvarado to win simply because of lions88. I hate when a poster makes me feel that way!!

bobcat1
12-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Alvarado: ZEROGood grief. Every Village has one. Methinks Henderson has a lot of his offspring.

bobcat1
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM
im waiting to see what chill88 has to say:1popcorn:Nice

bobcat1
12-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Really? After the total domination by our offense and defense, the game was not nearly as close as the 21 point difference. Henderson was beaten in every aspect of the game, and still no love for the Indians... If Alvarado continues to play like it has been, they will be extremely difficult to beat! We win by execution at the line on both sides, that's what allows the running and passing game to succeed every week. It creates confusion and panic on the opposing offenses which causes turnovers. The line allows the skill players to be successful and controls the ball and the clock. If your offense only gets 3-5 possessions in a half it eliminates your chances of scoring. Alvarado is very well coached and has the fan support to win it's first state championship! Good luck Chapel Hill, you WILL need it this week. I thought Lions88 might show some class after Henderson lost and support the Indians like was said in his posts last week, but apparently he has no integrity!!!!!Integrity and Henderson don't belong in the same sentence.

bobcat1
12-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Integrity and Henderson don't belong in the same sentence.I shouldn't say that. I am sure there are good folks in Henderson trying to figure out who this village idiot is. In Celina we all know who ours is. He has been found out and everyone knows who he is now.:2thumbsup

garciap77
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
I shouldn't say that. I am sure there are good folks in Henderson trying to figure out who this village idiot is. In Celina we all know who ours is. He has been found out and everyone knows who he is now.:2thumbsup

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/loser-1-1-1.jpg

regaleagle
12-04-2011, 12:30 AM
The poll is now showing 23-2 Alvarado. What happened to the 'great' CHill??? I've been saying Alvarado on the other board since week 11. But I guess the Henderson game AND the Columbia game has turned some votes to Alvarado. Alvarado wins this one by 10.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 12:51 AM
The poll is now showing 23-2 Alvarado. What happened to the 'great' CHill??? I've been saying Alvarado on the other board since week 11. But I guess the Henderson game AND the Columbia game has turned some votes to Alvarado. Alvarado wins this one by 10.

Right people are entranced by the run the Indians have made...I do think people are spendig to much time looking at what CH has done wrong the last three weeks and paying attention to the things they have done right.

CH is not Henderson by any stretch..CH will run, run, run, run all game just like alvarado..their passing is big play, but they dont throw it 35-30 times every game

this is going to be a classic battle

83Indian
12-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Right people are entranced by the run the Indians have made...I do think people are spendig to much time looking at what CH has done wrong the last three weeks and paying attention to the things they have done right.

CH is not Henderson by any stretch..CH will run, run, run, run all game just like alvarado..their passing is big play, but they dont throw it 35-30 times every game

this is going to be a classic battle

You have seen both teams play. What do you think the biggest area of concerns both teams should have? I think CH will gets some big runs and Alvarado will need to be able to contain like we did against Henderson. Also there QB looks pretty fast as well and could cause some problems.

Don't know much about the CH Oline or DLine. I don't think they can shut down the run all the time and we will get some good drives. This could be a low or high scoring game. Hard to predict. Going to be a long week just waiting for Friday.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 01:15 AM
You have seen both teams play. What do you think the biggest area of concerns both teams should have? I think CH will gets some big runs and Alvarado will need to be able to contain like we did against Henderson. Also there QB looks pretty fast as well and could cause some problems.

Don't know much about the CH Oline or DLine. I don't think they can shut down the run all the time and we will get some good drives. This could be a low or high scoring game. Hard to predict. Going to be a long week just waiting for Friday.

For CH they have got to clean up their penalties and turnovers..CH's run D at times can be dominating, at times not so much..they are the type of D that can create problems on first and 2nd down and force teams into long 3rd downs..Wallace is a load to move inside.

Alvarado has to accept they will give up some big plays, just limit them as much as they can. CH lulls a D to sleep then hits him with explosive plays....ON offense..got to continue to get to the second level blocking wise..CH has some fast physical LBs, if they are able to control their gaps they can shut down the run game, ..Alvarado IMO has to hit a couple of big pass plays, I think CH will play man up and at times 1 safety at the top and walk the other one into the box.have to make them pay for that.

83Indian
12-04-2011, 01:31 AM
For CH they have got to clean up their penalties and turnovers..CH's run D at times can be dominating, at times not so much..they are the type of D that can create problems on first and 2nd down and force teams into long 3rd downs..Wallace is a load to move inside.

Alvarado has to accept they will give up some big plays, just limit them as much as they can. CH lulls a D to sleep then hits him with explosive plays....ON offense..got to continue to get to the second level blocking wise..CH has some fast physical LBs, if they are able to control their gaps they can shut down the run game, ..Alvarado IMO has to hit a couple of big pass plays, I think CH will play man up and at times 1 safety at the top and walk the other one into the box.have to make them pay for that.

Agree we will need to pass effectively which I think we can. Question is, if a back breaks thru the line, can we contain or in some cases run them down. I think our DB's are a lot faster than most people gave them credit. Containment was pretty good against Henderson.

yellaseeker
12-04-2011, 04:42 AM
The way CH has been playing lately, i don't see them winning this game. I sure hope that i am wrong. All this talk about east texas speed is BS. I have seen to many teams from all over the place have the same speed as Henderson, CH and so on.,

Well, I'll be damned. Finally someone from east texas with an unbiased opinion about that east texas speed. Never did see it wrong to brag by saying your team had speed but all that talk about every east texas team being faster than any other teams, truly is some bogus crap. C.hill knocked us out of it, but it damn sure wasn't due to speed. We just could not seal the deal on offense when it counted most. From all the talk we expected to be playing a bunch of road runners. Turned out that we had two different guys leave their defensive guys for TD's even when they had an angle. We also ran their guys down at least on one occasion maybe two. Like is said, if you got speed, you got it. Don't mean squat if it comes from east texas or not. Good luck to both teams and enjoy every minute of it, we sure did.

yellaseeker
12-04-2011, 04:54 AM

Sounds like your saying that Henderson's defense sucked since Alvarado scored so much on yall and now your saying that chill's defense will shut them down. Good thing you can type this stuff instead of having to speak out loud cause i don't think you could say anything with your mouth still full of all that crow from the last game. When you gonna learn lions88. Bet you'll be eatin leftovers for a month. LMAO!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
12-04-2011, 09:01 AM

How about injuries. I believe someone posted that CH had some injuries to a few of their starting players, that could be big!

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2011, 12:14 PM
How about injuries. I believe someone posted that CH had some injuries to a few of their starting players, that could be big!

CH has played with injuries all year so the adjustment will not be as big for them...heck from week 1 to week 8 they had at least 4-6 starters out

Getbackup
12-04-2011, 12:25 PM
When will some of these east Texas teams learn that fighting in football is DUMB......There is no place for it. When your getting beat take it like a man and don’t' take your helmet off (#25 ) DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. Do you know that if the player you swung your helmet wanted to he could press charges??? Nope, bet you did not know that. You used your helmet as a weapon and that's an assault with a weapon, don't believe me look it up.

East Texas teams stop thugging it up (La Marque) and just play football. Win with class and lose with dignity........good griff
:twitch:

NDN SIS
12-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Seriously? You're still talking? Did you not say all last week that there was NO WAY that Alvarado was going to beat Henderson? And they DID! They beat them soundly. Being from East Texas, I know all about Chapel Hill. But I also know these Alvarado INDIANS. They do what they're supposed to and they win games. So why don't you go lick your wounds and quit talking? Because all you do is talk trash. And why don't you go try to be a good example for your precious Lions? Cuz they obviously need some role models.

HEMOTOXIC
12-04-2011, 04:28 PM
When will some of these east Texas teams learn that fighting in football is DUMB......There is no place for it. When your getting beat take it like a man and don’t' take your helmet off (#25 ) DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. Do you know that if the player you swung your helmet wanted to he could press charges??? Nope, bet you did not know that. You used your helmet as a weapon and that's an assault with a weapon, don't believe me look it up.

East Texas teams stop thugging it up (La Marque) and just play football. Win with class and lose with dignity........good griff
:twitch:

WOW, such ignorance. Don't get me wrong, I do not condone any fighting at any point. But, to call out a high school kid. Seriously, how old are you? Football, baseball, hockey, basketball... in all venues you will find fighting. So, now it's called "thugging it up". Yes, I am sure the kid regrets making the mistake. We have all made mistakes, and I sure would't like someone calling me out as you have imaturely done.

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2011, 05:19 PM
WC proved they could dominate chill's running game and shut it down for the most part. They couldnt run east/west at all but had a bit of success up through the middle on a couple big runs. For the most part, WC stopped the run, and through most of the game, held the passing game in check and picked off Saenz twice.

WC had a GREAT defense and held Chill to their season low in points i believe and i wouldnt doubt it if it was their season low in yardage too. We contained their special teams and only gave up 3 big passes.

WC ran the ball and gained plenty of yardage against a big Chill defense that stacked the line and we also burned them twice, 67 yard and 72 yard pass. Then again, WC was one of the fastest teams in the state, and i'd venture to say actually had the speed advantage on chill, especially considering we caught their guys from behind a couple times.

2 things we learned from the Wc game is, Chill defense can be run on and their offense can be stopped.

However, they're prone to make big plays and they always seem to do just enough to win. I also think Wc being familiar with Chill having played them last year helped the roughnecks a LOT. Alvarado doesnt have that advantage.

Chill has a way of winning and has great athletes. I think they learned from last year and the last 3 weeks have prepared them for this week, playing 3 teams that were good enough to play for a state championship in a row and beating all 3 by the slimmest of margins.

I think they clean up the penalties and make plays this friday. Taking absolutely nothing from Alvarado, but I think Chill gets it done.

Good luck to the Bulldogs. We want to say we lost to the champs.

Hope its a great game. Wish both teams the best of luck and an injury free game. Safe travels to everyone attending and may the best team win. Wish i could be there but finals week has me tied up.

NDN SIS
12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
WOW, such ignorance. Don't get me wrong, I do not condone any fighting at any point. But, to call out a high school kid. Seriously, how old are you? Football, baseball, hockey, basketball... in all venues you will find fighting. So, now it's called "thugging it up". Yes, I am sure the kid regrets making the mistake. We have all made mistakes, and I sure would't like someone calling me out as you have imaturely done.
OK...the kid needs to be more than called out. He took his HELMET OFF and started hitting people with it. That's beyond ridiculous. That's not just a bs fight that happens. That's assault with a weapon. I get that in sports people get really emotional and sometimes they throw punches but that goes above and beyond unacceptable. And somehow I doubt he "regrets" it. Although he should.

Chillfan
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
CH has lived and won by big plays all year. Ask broadcaster, he watched us several times early in the season and can prob confirm that a lot of their wins against ranked teams were won from huge runs or long rec tds.

Broadcaster is correct when he says run run run run bomb run bomb run run run.

Both teams respect each other and know its going to be a WAR in the trenches.

Chillfan
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
CH has lived and won by big plays all year. Ask broadcaster, he watched us several times early in the season and can prob confirm that a lot of their wins against ranked teams were won from huge runs or long rec tds.

Broadcaster is correct when he says run run run run bomb run bomb run run run.

Both teams respect each other and know its going to be a WAR in the trenches.

And yes, there are a few banged up. Hell I think CH plays harder and better when other kids are having to step up. We have had 6 starters out at once with 4 of them going D1 and still survived teams like Carthage and Lindale.

defense51
12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Chillfan, can you give me some background on your coach? How long has he been at CH?

Chillfan
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Chillfan, can you give me some background on your coach? How long has he been at CH?

This is his 3rd season. His first year I believe we went 5-5. He came from New Braunfels and CH was his first athletic director position. I believe he played qb at SFA.

I hope we are able to keep him awhile. His coordinators will prob be looking for head coaching positions. I could be wrong on that though. Hear say!!

Chillfan
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
WC proved they could dominate chill's running game and shut it down for the most part. They couldnt run east/west at all but had a bit of success up through the middle on a couple big runs. For the most part, WC stopped the run, and through most of the game, held the passing game in check and picked off Saenz twice.

WC had a GREAT defense and held Chill to their season low in points i believe and i wouldnt doubt it if it was their season low in yardage too. We contained their special teams and only gave up 3 big passes.

WC ran the ball and gained plenty of yardage against a big Chill defense that stacked the line and we also burned them twice, 67 yard and 72 yard pass. Then again, WC was one of the fastest teams in the state, and i'd venture to say actually had the speed advantage on chill, especially considering we caught their guys from behind a couple times.

2 things we learned from the Wc game is, Chill defense can be run on and their offense can be stopped.

However, they're prone to make big plays and they always seem to do just enough to win. I also think Wc being familiar with Chill having played them last year helped the roughnecks a LOT. Alvarado doesnt have that advantage.

Chill has a way of winning and has great athletes. I think they learned from last year and the last 3 weeks have prepared them for this week, playing 3 teams that were good enough to play for a state championship in a row and beating all 3 by the slimmest of margins.

I think they clean up the penalties and make plays this friday. Taking absolutely nothing from Alvarado, but I think Chill gets it done.

Good luck to the Bulldogs. We want to say we lost to the champs.

Hope its a great game. Wish both teams the best of luck and an injury free game. Safe travels to everyone attending and may the best team win. Wish i could be there but finals week has me tied up.

Tucker our #1 rb only saw the ball a few times. The staff was trying to nurse a ankle that got banged up the week before. He started at lb as a freshmen and has not played defense since Jasper. I would expect him ready and playing both sides of the ball on Friday. Wallace, our big ng only played half a game as well with a ankle issue. These two will be ready this week.

Lions88
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Tucker our #1 rb only saw the ball a few times. The staff was trying to nurse a ankle that got banged up the week before. He started at lb as a freshmen and has not played defense since Jasper. I would expect him ready and playing both sides of the ball on Friday. Wallace, our big ng only played half a game as well with a ankle issue. These two will be ready this week.
Anybody else hurt? I think wallace is going to have a huge day!! He going to some great things. guys a freaking monster.. you stop the run and down go the indians..

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Tucker our #1 rb only saw the ball a few times. The staff was trying to nurse a ankle that got banged up the week before. He started at lb as a freshmen and has not played defense since Jasper. I would expect him ready and playing both sides of the ball on Friday. Wallace, our big ng only played half a game as well with a ankle issue. These two will be ready this week. idk if you're saying Wallace only played half the game against WC???

From what I saw #70 was out there for nearly every defensive snap.

GrTigers6
12-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Anybody else hurt? I think wallace is going to have a huge day!! He going to some great things. guys a freaking monster.. you stop the run and down go the indians..Alvarado is not one dimensional. They had 164 yards passing and 3 td's against yall. So I bet they would love for chapel hill to set up to stop the run. especially since the weather will not be a factor this week. A good mixture of the run and pass will be a big key to success for alvarado. And they do both well. Cant wait to see how it plays out

Chillfan
12-05-2011, 09:54 AM
CH has 4500 +/- yards of rushing to date. 3-1000 yd backs. 10 different backs have touched the ball
2800 yds recieving to date. QB Saenz 1500 yds backup QB Kincade 1200 yds

Dub-C
12-05-2011, 10:30 AM
CH has 4500 +/- yards of rushing to date. 3-1000 yd backs. 10 different backs have touched the ball
2800 yds recieving to date. QB Saenz 1500 yds backup QB Kincade 1200 yds

Chillfan if Alvarado's Defense is as good or better than the WC's, yall will have a battle on your hands. But Chill hasn't backed down from a battle all season long and has came out on top in the end. Alvarado better be ready to come to play the whole game to have a chance to win, I mean from whistle to whistle. Good luck to both teams.

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
OK...the kid needs to be more than called out. He took his HELMET OFF and started hitting people with it. That's beyond ridiculous. That's not just a bs fight that happens. That's assault with a weapon. I get that in sports people get really emotional and sometimes they throw punches but that goes above and beyond unacceptable. And somehow I doubt he "regrets" it. Although he should.

Hey, I agree. What he did was beyond stupid. It is unacceptable on any level.

Back to the game on hand.

Gsquared
12-05-2011, 10:47 AM
This is going to be a fun game. I have a feeling who is gonna win this one but its an early in the week feeling and seems like those change back and fourth all week.

Chillfan
12-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Chillfan if Alvarado's Defense is as good or better than the WC's, yall will have a battle on your hands. But Chill hasn't backed down from a battle all season long and has came out on top in the end. Alvarado better be ready to come to play the whole game to have a chance to win, I mean from whistle to whistle. Good luck to both teams.

I believe any of the last three teams we played would give Henderson or Alvarado fits IMO. I believe La Vega had the best o and d line in the state. It was impressive. Nav and WC are def the real deal. I dont think alv or henderson has played the same level of competition in the playoffs as CH. I took a close look at the Alv highlights (rb) and the defenses that were shown do not compare to what CH is or has seen. I slowed it way down play by play looking at the line play, LBs and the tackling. Most of the defense play is slow and the LBs did not move well. Our lineman move better than some of them LB's.

I dont have much to base my opinions on because I have not seen Alv play in person. Based on the little I have seen, the last three defenses we have played are on a different level then some of Alv's oppenents.

Does Alv have lineman playing both ways?

marler1972
12-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I shouldn't say that. I am sure there are good folks in Henderson trying to figure out who this village idiot is. In Celina we all know who ours is. He has been found out and everyone knows who he is now.:2thumbsup

:iagree::stirpot::1popcorn::cheerl:

Chillfan
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.etfinalscore.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1320&catid=7&Itemid=393

garciap77
12-05-2011, 01:37 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/photo.jpg
Alvarado players loft the state semifinal championship trophy following a 34-13 victory over Henderson Friday at Pennington Field. James Lowery/Alvarado Star.

Nice!!!!!

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.etfinalscore.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1320&catid=7&Itemid=393 Great article. Sums it up perfectly. A heart breaker for us WC fans for sure, especially considering the beat down we took from you guys in 2010. We wanted revenge so badly, but nonetheless, CONGRATS to the bulldogs. You guys have an outstanding team and have had a great year. PLEASE go win state so we can say we were 8 seconds from knocking off the #1 CHill Bulldogs and state champs.

Chillfan
12-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Great article. Sums it up perfectly. A heart breaker for us WC fans for sure, especially considering the beat down we took from you guys in 2010. We wanted revenge so badly, but nonetheless, CONGRATS to the bulldogs. You guys have an outstanding team and have had a great year. PLEASE go win state so we can say we were 8 seconds from knocking off the #1 CHill Bulldogs and state champs.

They are gonna try. Its going to be tough. Congrats on yalls season. Alot of teams would love to go as deep as WC has. WC is a classy group.

buff4ever
12-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I think alvarado gets this one. Tough call.

Roughneck93
12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.etfinalscore.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1320&catid=7&Itemid=393"The thrill of victory.... and the agony of defeat" is what comes to mind. Congrats to CH.

easttxsportsfan
12-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Anybody else hurt? I think wallace is going to have a huge day!! He going to some great things. guys a freaking monster.. you stop the run and down go the indians..
can play great at times, but other times he acts like a baby, he wants to come out of the game to take a break and when the coaches tell him they need him to stay in, he fakes an injury.

ccmom
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Wallace can play great at times, but other times he acts like a baby, he wants to come out of the game to take a break and when the coaches tell him they need him to stay in, he fakes an injury. Apparently someone needs a rules refresher...

hollywood
12-05-2011, 05:38 PM
I believe any of the last three teams we played would give Henderson or Alvarado fits IMO. I believe La Vega had the best o and d line in the state. It was impressive. Nav and WC are def the real deal. I dont think alv or henderson has played the same level of competition in the playoffs as CH. I took a close look at the Alv highlights (rb) and the defenses that were shown do not compare to what CH is or has seen. I slowed it way down play by play looking at the line play, LBs and the tackling. Most of the defense play is slow and the LBs did not move well. Our lineman move better than some of them LB's.

I dont have much to base my opinions on because I have not seen Alv play in person. Based on the little I have seen, the last three defenses we have played are on a different level then some of Alv's oppenents.

Does Alv have lineman playing both ways?

Hey Chillfan, I know CH is a great gifted team. You guys have played some really good talented teams all season. Very athletic and great team speed. This should be a great game!!

BUT, as we all know as football fans, a lot of things can happen on any given night. Alvarado has proved week after week that they belong and are for real. Execution has been their strength. Go back a decade or so and recall the Stephenville/La Marque match ups in the state championships. Stephenville was labeled as a bunch of central/west Texas farm boys who were slow and would get killed by LaMarque's speed when they met in Austin in 1993 for the whole enchilada. I was there... La Marque was ahead at halftime... guess who came out in the second half and whooped that tail and won the game? Yep, Stephenville. It came down to team execution so great it eliminated the speed of La Marque. Stephenville won 3 of it's 4 SC's against La Marque.

So point being... don't get your buggy ahead of your horses so to speak. ;)

Hopefully, the best team will win and I think that's going to be Alvarado. CHill could be right there but will have to play mistake free football and not get behind.

PurpleReign2011
12-05-2011, 11:46 PM
CHill is a very talented football team. i dont think theyre as good as Henderson though. They are not as physical I dont think, at least on defense and in particular the secondary. Not sayin theyre sissys, just not as physical as Henderson. On D they aint as good up front as Henderson and seein that the lions struggled stoppin the run, I dont see CHill bein able to stop it either. I think CHill runs the ball better than Henderson due to a very good O-Line and talented runningbacks. CHill will also be jacked for this game and if they play more emotional than the Indians it will be a tough game for Alvarado. I do give the edge to Alvarado though, simply because i feel theyre a more complete team and they never ever relent, and while CHill has been in close games alot, so have all but a few seniors on Alvarado. Last year they pulled out one 2pt win (West), 2 1pt wins (Kennedale and Prosper) and a host of other close games. So while it may have been a year ago, Alvarado has the senior leadership to pull out a close one just like CHill. If Alvarado plays its best and gets better this week of practice, then they will win. Probably by like 21pts i would think. Although it could be a much bigger deficit or a much smaller one.

Lions88
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
CHill is a very talented football team. i dont think theyre as good as Henderson though. They are not as physical I dont think, at least on defense and in particular the secondary. Not sayin theyre sissys, just not as physical as Henderson. On D they aint as good up front as Henderson and seein that the lions struggled stoppin the run, I dont see CHill bein able to stop it either. I think CHill runs the ball better than Henderson due to a very good O-Line and talented runningbacks. CHill will also be jacked for this game and if they play more emotional than the Indians it will be a tough game for Alvarado. I do give the edge to Alvarado though, simply because i feel theyre a more complete team and they never ever relent, and while CHill has been in close games alot, so have all but a few seniors on Alvarado. Last year they pulled out one 2pt win (West), 2 1pt wins (Kennedale and Prosper) and a host of other close games. So while it may have been a year ago, Alvarado has the senior leadership to pull out a close one just like CHill. If Alvarado plays its best and gets better this week of practice, then they will win. Probably by like 21pts i would think. Although it could be a much bigger deficit or a much smaller one.

And you know this about CHILL how?? Have you seen film on them??

PurpleReign2011
12-06-2011, 12:02 AM
And you know this about CHILL how?? Have you seen film on them??

Yes I have. So far 2 and 1/2 games. well I say that. I mainly just watch their D but do watch the O a little bit. Ive watched the WC game twice and I think thats the most reveling game, as they do what Alvarado does, atleast on offense.

Lions88
12-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Yes I have. So far 2 and 1/2 games. well I say that. I mainly just watch their D but do watch the O a little bit. Ive watched the WC game twice and I think thats the most reveling game, as they do what Alvarado does, atleast on offense.
And you dont think CHill can be expolsive in the D of Alvarado?

PurpleReign2011
12-06-2011, 12:16 AM
And you dont think CHill can be expolsive in the D of Alvarado?

They can with out a doubt. but I dont think CHill is as explosive as Henderson, and if Alvarado plays as well as they did against Henderson they should be alright. CHill will most likley score on some big plays, id be stunded if they didnt, but the Indians should be able to contain their explosive O and control the clock, limiting their total number of plays. Henderson only touched the ball 14 times in the first half, and Alvarado touched it 45 times. Controling the clock worked on Henderson, and it should work on CHill.

Chillfan
12-06-2011, 07:13 AM

I have seen Henderson play. Purple, Alvarado is in for a long night. I hope there aren't too many more with this type of attitude. 21 +/-? You better go watch some more film.

Chillfan
12-06-2011, 08:26 AM
They can with out a doubt. but I dont think CHill is as explosive as Henderson, and if Alvarado plays as well as they did against Henderson they should be alright. CHill will most likley score on some big plays, id be stunded if they didnt, but the Indians should be able to contain their explosive O and control the clock, limiting their total number of plays. Henderson only touched the ball 14 times in the first half, and Alvarado touched it 45 times. Controling the clock worked on Henderson, and it should work on CHill.

Check with La Vega on that controlling the clock. CH has won two games by stopping a 4th and 2 and a 4th and 1. CH has just about the same defense as last year while being ranked #1 on defense. I have a ton of respect for Alvarado. I know its going to be a battle but Alvarado just might get shell shocked. People are discrediting LV, NV, and WC and blaming it on CH's sloppy play. Thats fine, these three teams are dam good and Alvarado just might get a wake up call come friday night.

"Henderson's Dline line is better than CH's" thats funny my friend.

Gsquared
12-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Check with La Vega on that controlling the clock. CH has won two games by stopping a 4th and 2 and a 4th and 1. CH has just about the same defense as last year while being ranked #1 on defense. I have a ton of respect for Alvarado. I know its going to be a battle but Alvarado just might get shell shocked. People are discrediting LV, NV, and WC and blaming it on CH's sloppy play. Thats fine, these three teams are dam good and Alvarado just might get a wake up call come friday night.

"Henderson's Dline line is better than CH's" thats funny my friend.
I agree with all of your points on CH. Alot of Chapel Hills ailments have been because of the teams they have played in the playoffs. They have ran a gauntlet so far. Chapel Hill is better than Henderson in just about every area I can think of. Chapel Hill is far more explosive than Henderson was. Flip all this around and Alvarado does everything as well , if not better, than every team I have seen this year (an I saw 9 of the AP Top 10 play) All this means? ONE FOR THE AGES ON FRIDAY!!!!!!

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Thats the funny thing about High School Football, Anyone can win on any given day. So it really doesnt matter who is better or who is bigger. Its who has the better game that day! Cant wait to see who that will be on Friday! Looking forward toseeing all the alvarado posters especially the ones that have kids playing baseball as well. Good luck to both teams!

Chillfan
12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Thats the funny thing about High School Football, Anyone can win on any given day. So it really doesnt matter who is better or who is bigger. Its who has the better game that day! Cant wait to see who that will be on Friday! Looking forward toseeing all the alvarado posters especially the ones that have kids playing baseball as well. Good luck to both teams!

CH will be tailgating at 3. It would be nice for us to meet up.

GrTigers6
12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
CH will be tailgating at 3. It would be nice for us to meet up.I dont get off work until 4 so it may be 530 or 6 before I can make it

toddg
12-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I have seen Henderson play. Purple, Alvarado is in for a long night. I hope there aren't too many more with this type of attitude. 21 +/-? You better go watch some more film.

apparantly you have not seen Alvarado play..and dont say you have seen video, cause there isnt a whole lot out there..and if you have seen alvarado's defense..it would have to have been in person, at a game...and yet..you predict a 21 pt. victory for the bulldogs..which is fine, you have confidence in your team, with good reason...but please dont come on here and all of the sudden downplay alvarado's victory over henderson and contradict everything you said about henderson before the alvarado game last week...thats not cool and makes me think your lions88 under a different name.
Alvarado is all about pressure on both sides of the ball, to beat alvarado, chapel hill will have to play like they played at the end of their games against la vega, navasota, and columbia, the entire game.

hollywood
12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
This could be like Brownwood vs Carthage last year. It could come down to the last play of the game.

Is this game going to be televised live?

Chillfan
12-06-2011, 10:18 AM
apparantly you have not seen Alvarado play..and dont say you have seen video, cause there isnt a whole lot out there..and if you have seen alvarado's defense..it would have to have been in person, at a game...and yet..you predict a 21 pt. victory for the bulldogs..which is fine, you have confidence in your team, with good reason...but please dont come on here and all of the sudden downplay alvarado's victory over henderson and contradict everything you said about henderson before the alvarado game last week...thats not cool and makes me think your lions88 under a different name.
Alvarado is all about pressure on both sides of the ball, to beat alvarado, chapel hill will have to play like they played at the end of their games against la vega, navasota, and columbia, the entire game.

Please show me where i have predicted a CH win at all. CH may very well get beat, I dont know and if you think I'm lion88, your dead wrong. I go back to the state game last year. I see the confidence that Alv has just as CH had last year. CH killed everybody. It give us a false sense coming into the state game. Henderson hit us in the mouth and we wasnt quite sure how to react. We went in to panic mode and you know what happens, things get ugly.

How many times this year has Alv been hit in the mouth? Im not saying that Alv is acting like CH did last year. Alv has blew out all of there competition. Nobody knows (even Alv) how the players will react to a HUGE crowd, cowboys stadium, and getting behind quickly. Im not saying CH will even score one td on the Indians. Just saying the Indians have not been in this position all year so nobody knows (even the players).

CH has been behind several times this season. They have learned how to give every ounce of energy to pull a win. CH has been in front of 20k people at Jerrys world. I think this gives CH a edge along with being so let down after last years loss. If CH gets behind 21 pts, they know how to fight till the end because they have done it THIS year.

HOW WILL ALVARADO REACT? NOBODY KNOWS.

hollywood
12-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Is this game going to be televised?

millervj
12-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes, Fox sports SW

BullBoy
12-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Alvarado by 17

PurpleReign2011
12-06-2011, 11:04 AM

Look thats just my opinion. Im not playing on friday so it really dosent matter what my attitude is. CHill is a good team but i personally think Henderson is a better one. The only thing CHill does better in my opinion is run the ball (of which they are very good at). And i agree Alvarado may get suprised, but like i said earlier they never quit. So if CHill gets up on em it dosent really matter, they just dont quit. Although neither will CHill. And frankly im just throwin out a number on the score. I never would have guessed Alvarado could beat Henderson by 21, and seein that they are similar teams I just figured that would be a good number to pick. Oh and yes Henderson has a better front 7, although theyre both great. Once again just my opinion and my opinion dosent matter at all cause im not playing.

Chillfan
12-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Look thats just my opinion. Im not playing on friday so it really dosent matter what my attitude is. CHill is a good team but i personally think Henderson is a better one. The only thing CHill does better in my opinion is run the ball (of which they are very good at). And i agree Alvarado may get suprised, but like i said earlier they never quit. So if CHill gets up on em it dosent really matter, they just dont quit. Although neither will CHill. And frankly im just throwin out a number on the score. I never would have guessed Alvarado could beat Henderson by 21, and seein that they are similar teams I just figured that would be a good number to pick. Oh and yes Henderson has a better front 7, although theyre both great. Once again just my opinion and my opinion dosent matter at all cause im not playing.
I know that every fan in the stadium will get their moneys worth. Get in line early if you don't want to sit in the 2nd or 3rd level. The good seats fill up quickly.

Chillfan
12-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I know that every fan in the stadium will get their moneys worth. Get in line early if you don't want to sit in the 2nd or 3rd level. The good seats fill up quickly.

Going to be all out war Friday night. I hope CH drops the bombs. Both teams will have to play better than ever. May the best team win.

My hope is that CH scores 1st and holds Alvarados run game to a minimum. CH returns the punt and Alv is forced to throw due to time. Alv forces the ball thru the air and ch creates a turnover. CH goes in to control mode and pounds the rock 3-5 yds at a time eating up precious time. If it were only that easy. Lol

MGAR
12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Is this game going to be televised?

Sorta, if you live in the right area.

The 3A Division I championship on Friday, Dec. 9 will be webcast live on FoxSportsSouthwest.com and FoxSportsHouston.com. It also will be televised on Time Warner Cable’s Texas Channel, which is available to digital cable customers on Time Warner Cable systems in Austin (channel 888), Corpus Christi (channel 888), Dallas (channel 185), El Paso (channel 24), the Rio Grande Valley (channel 888), Laredo (channel 888), San Antonio (channel 888), Waco-Temple-Killeen (channel 888) and Wichita Falls (channel 888)

PurpleReign2011
12-06-2011, 11:25 AM

I can deffinatly agree with that. I would be very suprised if its not a just an immaculate game.

Bullaholic
12-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Please show me where i have predicted a CH win at all. CH may very well get beat, I dont know and if you think I'm lion88, your dead wrong. I go back to the state game last year. I see the confidence that Alv has just as CH had last year. CH killed everybody. It give us a false sense coming into the state game. Henderson hit us in the mouth and we wasnt quite sure how to react. We went in to panic mode and you know what happens, things get ugly.

How many times this year has Alv been hit in the mouth? Im not saying that Alv is acting like CH did last year. Alv has blew out all of there competition. Nobody knows (even Alv) how the players will react to a HUGE crowd, cowboys stadium, and getting behind quickly. Im not saying CH will even score one td on the Indians. Just saying the Indians have not been in this position all year so nobody knows (even the players).

CH has been behind several times this season. They have learned how to give every ounce of energy to pull a win. CH has been in front of 20k people at Jerrys world. I think this gives CH a edge along with being so let down after last years loss. If CH gets behind 21 pts, they know how to fight till the end because they have done it THIS year.

HOW WILL ALVARADO REACT? NOBODY KNOWS.

I think the things you say about CHill are true, ChillFan. For what it's worth---I see a lot of the SLC teams of the 90's in this Alvarado team. Now don't raise your eyebrows too much---I see the same qualities--I'm not saying that this Alvarado team is as good because they have not yet earned that many titles. They have a strong work ethic which translates to good execution on the field , will to win, and dedication to excellence instilled and overseen by an excellent coaching staff. I have not seen any panic or desperation in them in any game they have played. They are like a Roman legion---they form the phalanx and cut you down methodically even though you get in a few licks. I look for this to be an excellent SC game---both teams have proven they deserve to be there, IMO.

Dub-C
12-06-2011, 11:49 AM
This could be like Brownwood vs Carthage last year. It could come down to the last play of the game.

Is this game going to be televised live?

That game has already happened for CHILL 3 times, so Alvarado might want to get ready for battle.

Chillfan
12-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I think the things you say about CHill are true, ChillFan. For what it's worth---I see a lot of the SLC teams of the 90's in this Alvarado team. Now don't raise your eyebrows too much---I see the same qualities--I'm not saying that this Alvarado team is as good because they have not yet earned that many titles. They have a strong work ethic which translates to good execution on the field , will to win, and dedication to excellence instilled and overseen by an excellent coaching staff. I have not seen any panic or desperation in them in any game they have played. They are like a Roman legion---they form the phalanx and cut you down methodically even though you get in a few licks. I look for this to be an excellent SC game---both teams have proven they deserve to be there, IMO.

By the above statement it sounds like yall have a great coaching staff. Several folks have told me that this years alv team is something to watch. I'm not gonna lie, we are nervous as heck. Lol

Bullaholic
12-06-2011, 12:13 PM
By the above statement it sounds like yall have a great coaching staff. Several folks have told me that this years alv team is something to watch. I'm not gonna lie, we are nervous as heck. Lol

Well, I'm not a member of the Alvarado "yall", Chill, but I made my Alvarado observations from watching the Bulls play the Indians over the last 2 seasons, and watching them on TV against Henderson. The Bulls jumped on the Indians this season with a 70yd opening play TD pass, and they never even flinched, and came back and beat us 39-20. I'm not saying that the Bulls are a very big scalp hanging on the Alvarado teepee, but we do usually present some pretty big offensive challenges to most everyone.

I have heard that this CHill team is loaded with many pure athletes. That will be a challenge for the Alvarado defense to keep in check, and not allow game-breaking plays. They will also be challenged to make the kind of yards on each play that they are used to making if the CHill defense can get to the point of attack very fast, in numbers, and make sure tackles. It will be interesting to see Alvarado's response if they are forced to punt several times. No one has forced them to do that very much so far.

hollywood
12-06-2011, 12:18 PM

Won't be any on the 3rd level... Best seat in the house is the 2nd level bottom row on the fiffy. :) Just can't get to 2nd level until the 1st level gets packed.

hollywood
12-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Sorta, if you live in the right area.

The 3A Division I championship on Friday, Dec. 9 will be webcast live on FoxSportsSouthwest.com and FoxSportsHouston.com. It also will be televised on Time Warner Cable’s Texas Channel, which is available to digital cable customers on Time Warner Cable systems in Austin (channel 888), Corpus Christi (channel 888), Dallas (channel 185), El Paso (channel 24), the Rio Grande Valley (channel 888), Laredo (channel 888), San Antonio (channel 888), Waco-Temple-Killeen (channel 888) and Wichita Falls (channel 888)

Thanks... no FSSW on DirecTV?? Guess I'll have to hook the wi-fi up to the TV and convert it to my monitor.

LIONS#1
12-06-2011, 12:25 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Lions88-1.gif

Who is that in your pic Garcia???:1popcorn: Wearing the Avarado is my daddy T-Shirt??:wave:

LIONS#1
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I have Direct as well...gonna hook up my Laptop to my 55" and HDMI and watch the stream!!

garciap77
12-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Who is that in your pic Garcia???:1popcorn: Wearing the Avarado is my daddy T-Shirt??:wave:

Rurmor is; Lions88!:D That's what happens when you talk smack and then don't show to eat your crow!:D

LIONS#1
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Rurmor is; Lions88!:D That's what happens when you talk smack and then don't show to eat your crow!:D
So that is the infamous Lions88??? Or Chill88?...How does that saying go? ..Hmmm something about alligator mouth and humming bird arse!!..LOL

garciap77
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
So that is the infamous Lions88??? Or Chill88?...How does that saying go? ..Hmmm something about alligator mouth and humming bird arse!!..LOL

That's really not him, but he told me he would sent me a picture and when I did not get one, I just looked for one the net and found one I believe fits his style! If he send me a picture I will edit!:D I bet that boy can eat a lot of crow!:D

Are you making the game? I'm going to miss the free Bar-B-Q:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6779-1.jpg

Chillfan
12-06-2011, 02:58 PM
http://youtu.be/aEnBC0Om36Y

toddg
12-06-2011, 04:26 PM
how will alvarado handle cowboys stadium, the huge crowd, being tested by a great team...the pucker factor that iv read on hear a few times...?

only "one" time did the todd dodge led slc dragons (from their 1st year in 5a 2002 to 2006(dodges last year)) get outcoached and lose a football game..2003 5a state championship against katy..coach dixon was part of that gameplan masterpiece as a member of the katy coaching staff as he was for katy's 2000 championship and as he was for slc 3a champion teams in 88 and so forth...
hs football teams are for the most part, reflections of their coaches.. and i believe coach dixon's experience in these situations is a major influence on how this indian team will react to any and all challenges in front of them..not to mention the rest of alvarado's veteren coaching staff with similer pedegree. the alvarado indians as well as rhe coaching staff are all about "taking care of business" as the great Elvis used to say...

garciap77
12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
how will alvarado handle cowboys stadium, the huge crowd, being tested by a great team...the pucker factor that iv read on hear a few times...?

only "one" time did the todd dodge led slc dragons (from their 1st year in 5a 2002 to 2006(dodges last year)) get outcoached and lose a football game..2003 5a state championship against katy..coach dixon was part of that gameplan masterpiece as a member of the katy coaching staff as he was for katy's 2000 championship and as he was for slc 3a champion teams in 88 and so forth...
hs football teams are for the most part, reflections of their coaches.. and i believe coach dixon's experience in these situations is a major influence on how this indian team will react to any and all challenges in front of them..not to mention the rest of alvarado's veteren coaching staff with similer pedegree. the alvarado indians as well as rhe coaching staff are all about "taking care of business" as the great Elvis used to say...

We you guys have free Bar-B-Q?:D

yellaseeker
12-06-2011, 09:18 PM
If your measuring chill by henderson, your setting yourself up for failure. Henderson is not the team they were last year. I think some folks are putting too much emphasis on the outcome of last years SC game. This poll is really lopsided and i don't see that it should be. I would not be overconfident at all, playing chill in a position they've already been in. Don't get me wrong, i'm predicting an Alvarado win, but that's assuming both teams play as they have been in the last three rounds. But, you know what assuming does for ya.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
If your measuring chill by henderson, your setting yourself up for failure. Henderson is not the team they were last year. I think some folks are putting too much emphasis on the outcome of last years SC game. This poll is really lopsided and i don't see that it should be. I would not be overconfident at all, playing chill in a position they've already been in. Don't get me wrong, i'm predicting an Alvarado win, but that's assuming both teams play as they have been in the last three rounds. But, you know what assuming does for ya.True...This game must be mistake free..

On smoakey.com the poll is opposite this one... Must be democrats and republicans... lol..

hollywood
12-07-2011, 09:22 AM
True...This game must be mistake free..

On smoakey.com the poll is opposite this one... Must be democrats and republicans... lol..

LOL... yeah, I've been to smoaky and it's a good site if all you want to do or hear for that matter is talk smack. Very few posters back any of their stuff up with stats or football savvy. ;) All they want to do over there is tell you how much more superior "East Texas" football is than any where else. lol All I heard last year on the Carthage/Brownwood thread was how weak Brownwood's schedule was and how weak Reg 1 was. How Carthage is from the "district of doom" and they have been battle tested. Huh, well they won but they had to play an almost perfect game and pull some hat tricks out against a banged up Brownwood team to do it.

So, that poll is severely skewed... in my humble opinion. Massey has it pretty close... maybe too close.

Alvarado should win by at least 14.

Bullaholic
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
What about each teams's kicking game: (Advantage= Alvarado/CHill)

Kicker=

Punter=

Kick Returns=

Lions88
12-07-2011, 12:01 PM

Kicker=

Punter=

Kick Returns=

Alvarado's kicker is terrible.. both FG and punter.. that FG he kicked was terrible..

GrTigers6
12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Alvarado's kicker is terrible.. both FG and punter.. that FG he kicked was terrible..Yeah you got several looks at their kicker didnt you:D:taunt:

PurpleReign2011
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Alvarado's kicker is terrible.. both FG and punter.. that FG he kicked was terrible..

Alvarado has a pretty good punter. Hes not all state but pretty good. he'll make a few mistakes now and then. As for the kicker hes very talented, but young. Just a sophomore. The FG last week he just hooked it. He shouldnt miss any PATs and will probably make most FGs if theyre pretty close.

Bullaholic
12-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Alvarado's #2 has the speed and moves to take any return to the house.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 12:15 PM

CH is better than Henderson EASY..If they had played it would have been about like what Alvarado did to Henderson.

PurpleReign2011
12-07-2011, 12:41 PM
CH is better than Henderson EASY..If they had played it would have been about like what Alvarado did to Henderson.

Idk. I think theyre better in some areas like the running game. And earlier I said their front 7 is not as good and I probably should specify that thats only true if #70s still kinda gimpy. Honestly its really just a matter of opinion. I think in general both teams (Henderson and CHill) are pretty similar, regardless of which one is better. And kind of more to the point if Alvarado plays like they did last week and prepares great this week of practice they should be able to pul out a win. Just my opinion.

GrTigers6
12-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Alvarado has a pretty good punter. Hes not all state but pretty good. he'll make a few mistakes now and then. As for the kicker hes very talented, but young. Just a sophomore. The FG last week he just hooked it. He shouldnt miss any PATs and will probably make most FGs if theyre pretty close.The punter is good and very smart. In our game he had two snaps over his head that he just threw away to avoid the major loss. Im sure he may have been taught that before but still you have to apply it in a game situation. The only problem with your punter is he doesnt get too many game type situations watching the offense move up and down the field.:D

defense51
12-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah you got several looks at their kicker didnt you:D:taunt:
If you see a kicker enough to get good info on him its usually a bad thing.

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_902018.html

http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_902008.html

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_901959.html

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Idk. I think theyre better in some areas like the running game. And earlier I said their front 7 is not as good and I probably should specify that thats only true if #70s still kinda gimpy. Honestly its really just a matter of opinion. I think in general both teams (Henderson and CHill) are pretty similar, regardless of which one is better. And kind of more to the point if Alvarado plays like they did last week and prepares great this week of practice they should be able to pul out a win. Just my opinion.

See I think CHs front 7 is far better..Henderson's weakness all year was the DL

millervj
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
CHill has one problem "Defense". Every game has been close including letting Navasota score 46 points. If they show up and play like they have the last 3 weeks CHill will be doomed by their defense. Alvarado is going to be the best "D" they have faced in the playoffs. This is not going to be a track meet on who can get the most points. If CHill lets Avlvarado go on sustained drives and eats the clock and the "D" stops the "O" like they have been doing Alvarado wins big.

CHill has not been over 30 points in 2 of the last 3 weeks against far less defenses than Alvarado.

Score Alvarado 42 CHill 21

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 02:07 PM
CHill has one problem "Defense". Every game has been close including letting Navasota score 46 points. If they show up and play like they have the last 3 weeks CHill will be doomed by their defense. Alvarado is going to be the best "D" they have faced in the playoffs. This is not going to be a track meet on who can get the most points. If CHill lets Avlvarado go on sustained drives and eats the clock and the "D" stops the "O" like they have been doing Alvarado wins big.

CHill has not been over 30 points in 2 of the last 3 weeks against far less defenses than Alvarado.

the D gave up 20 to La Vega..all three drives started inside CH 20...the Rattlers scored 3 defensive TDs...CH did well agianst a damn good WC offense

millervj
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Looks like there offense then. OMG, that is a problem. So Alvarado D will dominate again!!!!

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 02:21 PM

You might want to look a little closer at the game to see how many turnovers our offense and gave NV the TD or a short field.

I think your prediction is great. We play better being the underdog.

Again, your taking away from NV and i dont think that is fair unless you have seen them play.

BTW, Have you seen CH this year?

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Looks like there offense then. OMG, that is a problem. So Alvarado D will dominate again!!!!

yet that offense even with the problems has came up big..dont sell CH short or ur going to be in for a shock..they are a big play O

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 02:27 PM

Go back and research LV's, NV's, and WC's record and scores. Dang good football teams.

And whoever said not to use Henderson as a CH measuring stick is correct. But we really dont care how you measure.

Lets go Dogs!!!! Almost time to go to work on these Indians!

toddg
12-07-2011, 02:28 PM
the D gave up 20 to La Vega..all three drives started inside CH 20...the Rattlers scored 3 defensive TDs...CH did well agianst a damn good WC offense

if they turnover the ball like they have been doing..Alvarado will drive a stake in their heart.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2011, 02:34 PM
if they turnover the ball like they have been doing..Alvarado will drive a stake in their heart.

agree.that is the deal with CH..thing is, they were not a turnover machine until the play offs..and they played quality teams in the regular season as well, they have shown they can "clean up" their game agianst good teams..we have to see if they will friday or not

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWp4IbaqluY

Wallace aka ZERO

GrTigers6
12-07-2011, 02:39 PM
if they turnover the ball like they have been doing..Alvarado will drive a stake in their heart.Dont count on that. brownwood had turnovers in most of their games and didnt in our game until the very end when it was nearly over.:)
But its true. winning the turnover ratio is huge in a game of this nature

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 02:40 PM

Kicker=

Punter=

Kick Returns=

#5 is our punter and return man

http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_891707.html

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 02:41 PM

Keep on underestimating and someone will leave with a dog bite.

PurpleReign2011
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM
See I think CHs front 7 is far better..Henderson's weakness all year was the DL

CHills D-Line is better I think. I dont think the linebackers are though (not sayin theyre not good cause they are very good). I think 70 is the key to CHills D-Line and he was lookin very gimpy towards the end of the game last week. With out him I dont think theyre as good as Henderson (even though theyre still very good. Im not sayin they suck or anything. They made it this far so they are obviously good). Although not like it matters what I think. Im not playin.

toddg
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Keep on underestimating and someone will leave with a dog bite.

not underestimating, just stating fact..turn the ball over against Alvarado, chapel hill will lose.
your the one underestimating alvarado if you think that isnt the case.

keep underestimating and someone could leave with an arrow in their butt. LOL

toddg
12-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Wallace aka ZERO

i like him..hopee he does well at north texas

defense51
12-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Practices this week are very focused from what I hear, look for Coach Dixon and his staff to have the Indians primed and ready to play on Friday night! Hope the spca doesn't have to be called after the game. Fear the spear bulldogs!!!

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Practices this week are very focused from what I hear, look for Coach Dixon and his staff to have the Indians primed and ready to play on Friday night! Hope the spca doesn't have to be called after the game. Fear the spear bulldogs!!!

Nope, you will experience some very class kids that just want to play football and a group of very classy coaches.

Im sure Alvarado is the same so i expect a very respectful game.

cowboyandchrist
12-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I wonder if that guy is from East Texas, because Chapell Hill is head and shoulders better than Henderson. Does that mean they will beat Alvarado, no it does not, but it will be one heck of a football game. No clear cut winner before the game is played and that is a fact. It will be the tried and true Alvarado Indians going against the cardiact kids. God Bless both teams. Who ever wins will be the best team in three A this year.

toddg
12-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Nope, you will experience some very class kids that just want to play football and a group of very classy coaches.

your right there! seen some video of chapel hiil players being interviewed..very impressed!!

toddg
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM
the anticipation and expectations for this game is greatness...im nervous, excited, confident, all at the same time....which is a good thing! both teams have really good hearted kids with character..which lends itself to a very well played game of highschool football.. i will be there cheering for my alma mater and respecting our opponent!:cheerl:

Chillfan
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
the anticipation and expectations for this game is greatness...im nervous, excited, confident, all at the same time....which is a good thing! both teams have really good hearted kids with character..which lends itself to a very well played game of highschool football.. i will be there cheering for my alma mater and respecting our opponent!:cheerl:

Well said.

defense51
12-07-2011, 05:20 PM

I expect the same! Just having a little fun, hoping we don't get in trouble for beating the dogs.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Wallace aka ZEROhe looks slow... Didnt impress me at all.. Not very mobile.. But big.. clogs middle.. We will run away from him.. IMO.

Lions88
12-07-2011, 10:21 PM
he looks slow... Didnt impress me at all.. Not very mobile.. But big.. clogs middle.. We will run away from him.. IMO.
WHAT????? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? OH no.. you just ticked off the big bad SCW... thanks!! :thumbsup:

mac77
12-07-2011, 10:30 PM
I have been hesitant to post on this thread but I can't resist any longer. CHill is a talented team without a doubt. The difference in this years game with Columbia was three-fold: turnovers, penalties and defense. Last year, CHill didn't seem to have a serious problem with turnovers until the SC game with Henderson. They didn't commit very many penalties, either. And the difficulty replacing a player like Laramie Lee, with all his talent and the intangibles he brought to the game, was evident.We were able to generate some TO's and CHill committed several penalties that kept us in the game when we weren't playing very well. Last year, we couldn't get the edge against their defense, we couldn't penetrate the middle and they shut down our offense pretty easily. This year, we still couldn't get through the middle, but we could get the edge. We even were able to break the toss for a long TD to start the 3rd Qtr. If CHill can eliminate the TO's and penalties and use that team speed to keep the edge, they can play with anyone.
I haven't seen Alvarado play, but you don't get to the SC game without being pretty good. I wish both teams the best on Friday, but CHill is my sentimental favorite.

For both teams, if you don't win, make sure you get beat, don't just lose.

defense51
12-07-2011, 10:41 PM
WHAT????? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? OH no.. you just ticked off the big bad SCW... thanks!! :thumbsup:
Whatever...put it in your lunchbox!!!

PurpleReign2011
12-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Ya know at first I was pretty sure Henderson was better than CHill (by just a little bit), but the more I watch em the more I begin to reconsider. CHill is very very good, and have the best runing game the Indians have seen up to this point. I still have confidence in Alvarado, but I am getting more and more nervous.

garciap77
12-07-2011, 11:01 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/tx-txahs11-letter-150.pngALVARADO > HENDERSON Book That!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/tx-txahs11-letter-150.png

Lions88
12-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Ya know at first I was pretty sure Henderson was better than CHill (by just a little bit), but the more I watch em the more I begin to reconsider. CHill is very very good, and have the best runing game the Indians have seen up to this point. I still have confidence in Alvarado, but I am getting more and more nervous.
Oh no.. Indian Nation is starting to see the light.. not good fellas ;)

PurpleReign2011
12-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Oh no.. Indian Nation is starting to see the light.. not good fellas ;)

Never said I thought Alvarado would lose, I just said CHill is very good and maybe even better than Henderson. Actualy they probably are better than Henderson. Although not like it matters if CHill is better than Henderson or not, theyre not playin Henderson.

regaleagle
12-08-2011, 06:15 AM
After reviewing some of the video on CHill, I would be very interested to see how that running game does against a stonewall D like Alvarado. AND whether Alvarado can hang with CHill's recievers. Will Saenz have time to even throw deep balls? Short passes may be easier to defense for Alvarado. This should be a very interesting game to watch unfold, no doubt. And can CHill's D stay tough for 4 quarters against Alvarado's O. Let's not forget that piece of the equation, either.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-08-2011, 07:42 AM
State Championship Eve!!! Ya'll excited? Go Indians! :clap: Win or lose.. You're huge in the heart if the Alvarado towns people.. We all love you all very much.. Seniors, thanks for all the memories. You are legends now. You all are truly blessed. Give it your all. Bring home the Trophy.

Chillfan
12-08-2011, 08:30 AM

Best practice of the year last night (thanks to henderson for loaning the practice facility). Everyone that has been questionable has been released to play. RB Tucker has been a beast this week.

Still cant make my mind give either team a edge.

Have fun while it last. State games dont come around often. Both teams are blessed to be able to here. Its going to be a blast.

Its almost time to go to work Dogs!

Dog96
12-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Everyone healthy,no turnovers,minimual penalities = An Impressive Team to Watch!

I would love sweet revenge .vs Henderson but I think this will be the best State game I've EVER seen.

I wish both teams luck and no injuries.

Goooo Bulldogs now lets Chew on some Indians Friday night.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Everyone healthy,no turnovers,minimual penalities = An Impressive Team to Watch!

I would love sweet revenge .vs Henderson but I think this will be the best State game I've EVER seen.

I wish both teams luck and no injuries.

Goooo Bulldogs now lets Chew on some Indians Friday night.Heres a little fact on turnovers..

Alvarado has taken away 47 and gave up 10... All year.... We don't make a lot of mistakes..

Chillfan
12-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Heres a little fact on turnovers..

Alvarado has taken away 47 and gave up 10... All year.... We don't make a lot of mistakes..

Thats because yall dont do alot of chunking and dunking. We do!! Them DB's better be ready.

Chillfan
12-08-2011, 09:05 AM
We spread the field very well. There will be alot of kids touching the ball. 4 rbs, 1fb, and 4-5 wr's will all touch the ball.

mike_angler
12-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks... no FSSW on DirecTV?? Guess I'll have to hook the wi-fi up to the TV and convert it to my monitor.

Fox Sports Southwest is channel # 676 on Directv. I already have my dvr set to record it because I will be at another game hoping that I also get to make a trip to Cowboys Stadium. Good luck to both teams.

hollywood
12-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Fox Sports Southwest is channel # 676 on Directv. I already have my dvr set to record it because I will be at another game hoping that I also get to make a trip to Cowboys Stadium. Good luck to both teams.

Sweet!! I was hoping to make this one but kiddo has a school program.

LionFan72
12-08-2011, 10:27 AM
State championship eve, and there is a buzz in the house, although a divided house!

Congrats to Alvarado and Chapel Hill for making the game, both teams are well deserving. After staying with this thread all week, and a non partisan, this will be a very good game! I personally believe that the better defense on game day will win, that said, the score........Alvarado 41, Chapel Hill 22.

I have not respected all the hype from the Beast of the East this year, and truly they proved with 2 out of three falling, they were and are not that dominate. I still believe that the third will fall tomorrow night. Chapel Hill is a very talented team that I did feel had a chance this year, and been keeping my eye on them. But in watching them intently thru the year, I completely overlooked a powerhouse Alvarado team! The Indians are the real deal!

Chillfan
12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
This thread is boring. You wouldnt think this is the state championship week. I think its respect by both teams. i dont think any of you like any team from East Texas. No love.

Dog96
12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
This thread is boring. You wouldnt think this is the state championship week. I think its respect by both teams. i dont think any of you like any team from East Texas. No love.
plus 1

MGAR
12-08-2011, 11:10 AM

And that's ok, ain't it? Over the last several years East Texas 3A has made its mark where it counts.

2003- Atlanta
2004- Gilmer
2005- Tatum
2006- Liberty-Eylau
2007- oops
2008- Carthage
2009- Gilmer and Carthage
2010- Carthage

Speaks for itself. I'd take this any day over message board love.

Chillfan
12-08-2011, 11:30 AM
http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_891467.html

Moorehead has moved to DE this year.

http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_891549.html

#53 Beall is inside with #70 this year

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 11:37 AM

just not alot of East Texas guys here..I was one of the first

cowboyandchrist
12-08-2011, 11:54 AM
just not alot of East Texas guys here..I was one of the first

If Chapell Hill wins tomorrow night, the 3A downlow will like us East Texas folks enven less. They will really not like us next year because Carthage will be in the state championship game again. They came within a hair of a four pete this year. Next year the Dawgs will be amazing. All those sophmores will grow up and the juniors will be much better.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2011, 11:57 AM
If Chapell Hill wins tomorrow night, the 3A downlow will like us East Texas folks enven less. They will really not like us next year because Carthage will be in the state championship game again. They came within a hair of a four pete this year. Next year the Dawgs will be amazing. All those sophmores will grow up and the juniors will be much better.

Carthage is loaded no doubt..but realignment will decide if they win state..especially if Sville, La Marque, Kilgore and Bay City drop

LionFan72
12-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Carthage is loaded no doubt..but realignment will decide if they win state..especially if Sville, La Marque, Kilgore and Bay City drop

Sure going to be an interesting February I think! Carthage has been successful in building a program, so they will be fine. Not as dominate as the last three years, but a powerhouse to be respected! And that is an accomplishment. We will just have to wait and see.

LionFan72
12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
The first decade of the new century was decidely East Texas dominance, but time moves on as well as SC trophies! I will give credit where credit is due, and my love goes to the kids that play together as a team, grow, and mature into a State championship football team. No more, no less! The power is shifting, congrats to all playing Champions Week!

garciap77
12-08-2011, 12:37 PM

If they win and they act like Lions88, then yes!

Chillfan
12-08-2011, 12:48 PM
If they win and they act like Lions88, then yes!

I agree. Win or lose, Ill be back with respect.

GrTigers6
12-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I agree. Win or lose, Ill be back with respect.Thats what lions88 said:D

LionFan72
12-08-2011, 01:07 PM
alvarado by 21+

Chillfan
12-08-2011, 01:10 PM
alvarado by 21+

I think your wrong but time will tell.

cowboyandchrist
12-08-2011, 01:28 PM

It will not matter who drops down, the Dawgs will be good enough to play with anybody next year. Why do think coach S Stayed. He knew what he had coming doen the pipeline.

regaleagle
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Next year will have enough in it to keep it until that time occurs. For now, we have today, so let's all feel alive and savor the day. Yesterdays are gone, and tomorrows are full of hope. But today is real, is now, and has life. Make the best of it, Chapel Hill and Alvarado, for it will be but a memory when it has past. I wish the best for both teams, and congratulate each school and their fanbases for a season undefeated. Only one will be left standing with the trophy, but each is a worthy team to be recognized in this most glorious of occasions....the Texas High School football State Championship game. Good Luck and Godspeed to you.

hollywood
12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_891467.html

Moorehead has moved to DE this year.

http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_891549.html

#53 Beall is inside with #70 this year

Pretty good highlights. Can't wait to see how they do against Alvarado's O-line. Will be a good battle.

slingshot
12-08-2011, 03:53 PM
alvarado by 21+OK Garcia....

garciap77
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
OK Garcia....

That can't be me! I would have called it by 60+ or more points!:D

garciap77
12-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Thats what lions88 said:D

He also said he would eat crow!:D

P.S. So far Lions88 is giving the good people of East Texas a bad name.

Lions88
12-08-2011, 05:53 PM
He also said he would eat crow!:D

P.S. So far Lions88 is giving the good people of East Texas a bad name.
Chapel Hill by however many they want!

garciap77
12-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Chapel Hill by however many they want!

The question is; will you eat crow if are wrong!:D

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-08-2011, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbDftk7tsOg

SHOWTIME TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!

garciap77
12-08-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbDftk7tsOg

SHOWTIME TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!

Nice! Do you know if video cameras will be allowed in the stadium?

defense51
12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
The drums are beating loud and proud tonight! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! I think the indians win their first SC tomorrow night 28-14, winning with the shut down defense, executing at the o-line, and smash mouth ram it down your throat run game. Good luck to the Chapel Hill Bulldogs, travel safely, and hope this is one for the ages! Go Indians!!! Bring it home baby!!! Oh, and FEAR THE SPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chillfan
12-08-2011, 11:43 PM
The drums are beating loud and proud tonight! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! I think the indians win their first SC tomorrow night 28-14, winning with the shut down defense, executing at the o-line, and smash mouth ram it down your throat run game. Good luck to the Chapel Hill Bulldogs, travel safely, and hope this is one for the ages! Go Indians!!! Bring it home baby!!! Oh, and FEAR THE SPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm right there with ya 51. Been counting Bulldogs for the last hour. My mind is running as fast as the east tx speed heading to Dallas tomorrow.

Good luck to the Indians and safe travels for everyone. I got a feeling this is going to be a good one.

MGAR
12-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Good luck to both teams tonight. This is what it's all about.

Everyone have safe travels.

Dog96
12-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Bulldogs marching to STATE in style with the entire community behind them!!!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-09-2011, 02:16 PM
[WELL... It's time to WALK THE DOG......

toddg
12-09-2011, 02:49 PM
this will be a great game...hope everybody gets to the game safely and has a good time.
these junior and senior and soph indians have been winning since they were in 1st grade..thats true brotherhood.
the indian coaching staff is veteren..the head coach has been a prominate member of 3 championship coaching staffs....southlake, and 2 at katy and has spent the past 6 years building his program here in alvarado.
and now here we are...GO BIG A!!

waterboy
12-09-2011, 03:00 PM
And that's ok, ain't it? Over the last several years East Texas 3A has made its mark where it counts.

2003- Atlanta
2004- Gilmer
2005- Tatum
2006- Liberty-Eylau
2007- oops
2008- Carthage
2009- Gilmer and Carthage
2010- Carthage and Henderson

Speaks for itself. I'd take this any day over message board love.
There. I fixed it for you. You left off Henderson from 2010.:), although it's probably a sore subject around here for some people, lol.:stirpot:

tres beauties
12-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Bulldogs marching to STATE in style with the entire community behind them!!!!
Same in Big "A"! Isn't it cool how a game can unite the community and how the community supports the kids!

Dog96
12-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Way toomuch HYPE for Alva!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish we were playing Henderson! Really?

Gonzo
12-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Congrats to CH....feel sorry for the Alvarado kid just trying to make something happen in the redzone and fumbling the football.

Hell of a 4th quarter. East Texas still reigns though!

zebrablue2
12-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Congrats to C-hill. State champs...

cowboyandchrist
12-09-2011, 11:01 PM
One heck of a football game, looks like the beast from the East lives on. Great game Alvarado, you were the real deal. Chapell Hill was the only team that could of beat you.
God Bless you both.

MGAR
12-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Congrats to Alvarado on a great season. Nothing to hang heads about for sure.

Also congrats to Chapel Hill on being the second Tyler area team to win a state title this year(Brook Hill, TAPPS).

'Necks 2013-14
12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
One heck of a football game, looks like the beast from the East lives on. Great game Alvarado, you were the real deal. Chapell Hill was the only team that could of beat you.
God Bless you both.I disagree with that "only team" statement. Still no respect for Columbia...sad.

bobcat1
12-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Congrats to Alvarado on a great season. Nothing to hang heads about for sure.

Also congrats to Chapel Hill on being the second Tyler area team to win a state title this year(Brook Hill, TAPPS).Ditto! What a game! Decided within the last 1:30. Wow!

OldBison75
12-09-2011, 11:18 PM
What a great game!!!!! Two very good teams fought to the very end. A game of hard hitting, hard running, and big plays on offense and defense. Hats off to Alvarado, what an impressive defensive performance in the fourth quarter. Huge stop after the fumble deep in their own territory.

My heart goes out to the kid who fumbled on the last drive. I have seen Chapel Hill create those kind of turnovers before, against Navasota, when it really mattered.

Congratulations to the CH team and coaches. I also want to give alot of credit to the CH and Alvarado fans. True fans and loud.

CH has the trophy, but Alvarado was not outclassed or outplayed.

cowboyandchrist
12-09-2011, 11:21 PM
There. I fixed it for you. You left off Henderson from 2010.:), although it's probably a sore subject around here for some people, lol.:stirpot:
Now you can add the 2011 3A state champion Chapell Hill Bull Dogs. Did I mention they are from East Texas. Had to throw that in there.

MGAR
12-09-2011, 11:28 PM

I had to leave them off... Every time I tried typing in H.e.n.d.e.r.s.o.n it kept putting lions88.. ha

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Congratulations CH.. Very good team... See you next year hopefully... Tough loss for Alvarado... We had a chance.. Good job Alvarado... I love each and every one of you...

toddg
12-10-2011, 12:22 AM
no excuses..the chapel hill bulldogs played, and conducted themselves like the champions they are! congrats and tip of the hat to the champions!

im proud of the indians..they fought hard and never quit...cobra..like a lot of the other players, your son played with a heart as big as that stadium tonite..God bless the Alvarado Indians!

defense51
12-10-2011, 12:33 AM
It was a heartbreaker! Stand tall and proud Alvarado Indians, you are and always will be champions in our hearts!!! Thanks to garciap77 for cheering on our boys, it was a pleasure meeting you and your son. Congratulations Tyler Chapel Hill Bulldogs.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-10-2011, 12:42 AM
no excuses..the chapel hill bulldogs played, and conducted themselves like the champions they are! congrats and tip of the hat to the champions!

im proud of the indians..they fought hard and never quit...cobra..like a lot of the other players, your son played with a heart as big as that stadium tonite..God bless the Alvarado Indians!Ty toddg. Yes God Bless both teams...

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Nice meeting you tonight Garciap77..

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2011, 12:56 AM
amazing how Alvarado did for the most part a great job of stopping the CH speed..and CH for the most part did a great job of stopping the Alvarado power...pretty much shows both sides has speed and power and it was on full force for us to see.

CH played their most complete game tonight..I said if they played clean they had a hell of a chance to win...Alvarado on the other hand played clean for 3 Q, but that 4thq I think % kinda caught up and CH was there to take advantage...great job by Alvarado D of never allowing CH to land that kill shot..and congrats to CH with coming uptime after time with hugee plays at the biggest moment

IndianFan2012
12-10-2011, 01:02 AM
amazing how Alvarado did for the most part a great job of stopping the CH speed..and CH for the most part did a great job of stopping the Alvarado power...pretty much shows both sides has speed and power and it was on full force for us to see.

CH played their most complete game tonight..I said if they played clean they had a hell of a chance to win...Alvarado on the other hand played clean for 3 Q, but that 4thq I think % kinda caught up and CH was there to take advantage...great job by Alvarado D of never allowing CH to land that kill shot..and congrats to CH with coming uptime after time with hugee plays at the biggest moment

It's really sad that they booed our intentional grounding right after they got a free headbutt on a down player and a free facemask... Nonetheless I must congratulate Chapel Hill. You have one hell of a football team.

toddg
12-10-2011, 01:10 AM
my middle son jacob cheered so hard tonite, his faith never wavered..he cried at the end, tried to hide it..almost made me cry..he is a future indian..i saw his indian heart tonite...thank you alvarado indians for a wonderful season..you inspired the future..the beat will go on!

83Indian
12-10-2011, 01:14 AM

It was a great game. About as evenly matched game as possible. Basically 3 tds a piece and 2 extra points to 1. The stats are almost identical as well.

It was an ironic game. Chapel Hill did what Alvarado had done all year and that is ball control while Alvarado made 3 or 4 big plays to stay with them. The ending was crushing as I thought we were gonna score. I was actually afraid we were going to score to fast, but that changed obviously on the turnover.

Coach Dixon said the 2 point conversion was going for the win and not the tie. You gotta respect that as the swinging gate was not stopped all year.

Chapel Hills defense was great and they deserved to win. They are a classy team with some great coaches, kids, and fans.

Thank you Alvarado players and coaches for the best season in school history. You have made us all very proud.

bobcat1
12-10-2011, 07:47 AM
It was a great game. About as evenly matched game as possible. Basically 3 tds a piece and 2 extra points to 1. The stats are almost identical as well.

It was an ironic game. Chapel Hill did what Alvarado had done all year and that is ball control while Alvarado made 3 or 4 big plays to stay with them. The ending was crushing as I thought we were gonna score. I was actually afraid we were going to score to fast, but that changed obviously on the turnover.

Coach Dixon said the 2 point conversion was going for the win and not the tie. You gotta respect that as the swinging gate was not stopped all year.

Chapel Hills defense was great and they deserved to win. They are a classy team with some great coaches, kids, and fans.

Thank you Alvarado players and coaches for the best season in school history. You have made us all very proud. If that swinging gate play worked we might have a different Champion. The kid that was stripped by Chapel Hill defense had a great game too. If I am not mistaken, he and #8 were instrumental in getting Alvarado down to the redzone in the first place at the end of the game. Tonight's officials obviously were determined not to call any penalties. One holding call all night late in the second quarter against Alvarado. Chapel Hill's defense won this game IMO. 2 of the turnovers were caused by hard hitting tacklers. Still if the swinging gate was not botched The Indians might be Champs.

Eagle1
12-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Congrats to Alvarado your kids play hard. Will this be the last we hear of you guys in 3A what was your enrollment you turned in? I know it had to be close to 4A. If you are in 3A next year will you be as good as you were this year?

hsbtex
12-10-2011, 09:30 AM
cowboyandchrist, why are you all over this board saying the "beast from the east" and all the east texas banter? Tyler CH won by a point, and to say they were the better team is not true. They were both evenly matched. Alvarado missed a two point conversion...that is how CH won. Tyler CH will probably be the only east texas team to win a state championship. Beast from the east??? Be glad Tyler Chapel Hill's big brother John Tyler got thoroughly beat by Midway...or we would have shown you what a hill country a$$ whipping looks like next weekend. Next time I would try just congradulating a team...and leave off all of the banter (that isn't true) after it

lbjacj
12-10-2011, 09:59 AM
If that swinging gate play worked we might have a different Champion. The kid that was stripped by Chapel Hill defense had a great game too. If I am not mistaken, he and #8 were instrumental in getting Alvarado down to the redzone in the first place at the end of the game. Tonight's officials obviously were determined not to call any penalties. One holding call all night late in the second quarter against Alvarado. Chapel Hill's defense won this game IMO. 2 of the turnovers were caused by hard hitting tacklers. Still if the swinging gate was not botched The Indians might be Champs.

I agree. Hate to see a kid make a mistake in that situation. That will haunt him for a long time.
I hope we get these officials next week. It's sad to see the refs try to take over a game like they did in the 2 semifinals. Let the boys play!

Bullaholic
12-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Not much I can add other than congrats to the Chapel Hill Bulldogs for bringing home the 3A-DI State Championship--they are a great football team who played and won with class.

Congrats to the Alvarado Indians for a tremendous season. I got to watch you play 3 times this season, and I was impressed every time. I have nothing but respect for your program and your players. They play with a lot of heart and class.

Chillfan
12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Congrats on a great season Alvarado. Good clean heads up smash mouth football game. Both teams respected each other very well. I enjoyed visiting with some super nice Alvarado folks. Good luck next season. Classy community and team.

bobcat1
12-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Congrats on a great season Alvarado. Good clean heads up smash mouth football game. Both teams respected each other very well. I enjoyed visiting with some super nice Alvarado folks. Good luck next season. Classy community and team. This is winning with grace and class!:clap::clap::clap:

bobcat1
12-10-2011, 11:51 AM

Thank you Alvarado players and coaches for the best season in school history. You have made us all very proud. This is losing with class!:clap::clap::clap:

Chillfan
12-10-2011, 12:12 PM
This is winning with grace and class!:clap::clap::clap:

Bobcat, we lost in final last year and I remember the hurt in the fans and players heart after working so hard. I couldn't enjoy our win (quite as much) just knowing how Alvarado felt. I will tell you that after the game in the parking lot, Alvarado fans went out of their way to congratulate us on the win. Folks, the world needs more people like these folks. God was smiling down on these fans for humbly congratulating us with no excuses while the game could have went either way.

Great job Indians. I'm a new fan!!!

Lions88
12-10-2011, 12:13 PM
This is winning with grace and class!:clap::clap::clap:

Ok ok.. good season Alvarado.. Heartbreaker.. If you guys dont lose to much you might have a shot.. sorry I was a douche.. good job beating us.. maybe we will see each other next year :) Lions88 over and out..

Dog96
12-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Congratulations to the #1 team in state,who went 15-0,faced some of the States finnest teams and ALWAYS found a way to WIN!!!! I tip my hat. True Champions!

Trophy traveled 30 miles west of Henderson on HWY 64 to Chapel Hill!

Just sayn...:wave:

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2011, 03:56 PM
cowboyandchrist, why are you all over this board saying the "beast from the east" and all the east texas banter? Tyler CH won by a point, and to say they were the better team is not true. They were both evenly matched. Alvarado missed a two point conversion...that is how CH won. Tyler CH will probably be the only east texas team to win a state championship. Beast from the east??? Be glad Tyler Chapel Hill's big brother John Tyler got thoroughly beat by Midway...or we would have shown you what a hill country a$$ whipping looks like next weekend. Next time I would try just congradulating a team...and leave off all of the banter (that isn't true) after it
You can take this I hope the right way, I said Chapell Hill was the only team that could have beaten Alvarado. Two very evenly matched teams. It could have gone either way.
The comment about the beast from the East in 3A stands as is because one of the champions has come from the East for the last 10 years. If that upsets you I am sorry. Just for the record check how many teams in all classifications made it to the semi finals from the East. Tenaha will win another one next week. When did this become a 4A board anyway.

Phil C
12-10-2011, 04:09 PM
You can take this I hope the right way, I said Chapell Hill was the only team that could have beaten Alvarado. Two very evenly matched teams. It could have gone either way.
The comment about the beast from the East in 3A stands as is because one of the champions has come from the East for the last 10 years. If that upsets you I am sorry. Just for the record check how many teams in all classifications made it to the semi finals from the East. Tenaha will win another one next week. When did this become a 4A board anyway.

Congratulations to the State Champions and also the runner up for a great season. Man makes you shake your head thinking that West Columbia was just two points from a state championship.

'Necks 2013-14
12-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Congratulations to the State Champions and also the runner up for a great season. Man makes you shake your head thinking that West Columbia was just two points from a state championship.Shaking my head until dizzy and puking here Phil!!!:ack!: But it just wasn't meant to be for us. Would have loved to see how well WE could have run the rock against the Indians. Congrats to Chill and Alvarado for just an awesome title game. It was a treat!

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Shaking my head until dizzy and puking here Phil!!!:ack!: But it just wasn't meant to be for us. Would have loved to see how well WE could have run the rock against the Indians. Congrats to Chill and Alvarado for just an awesome title game. It was a treat!
Now that the season is just about over, I think the best teams in the state were Chapell Hill, Alvarado, WC, Navsota, Argyle, Carhtage and Wimberly in that order. If Wimberly beats Argyle next week then change their places.

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Now that the season is just about over, I think the best teams in the state were Chapell Hill, Alvarado, WC, Navsota, Argyle, Carhtage and Wimberly in that order. If Wimberly beats Argyle next week then change their places. Not bad for a reg 4 team... WC. :)

I think any of those 7 could have won state in either division. All VERY evenly matched, and dont leave out LaVega. They were just as good as Chill, WC, & Navasota.

hsbtex
12-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Cowboyandchrist, 3a and below have a region(s) dedicated to east texas, they HAVE to be in the semifinals...unless they forfeit??? What does that prove?? And why do you throw the 4a comment...there are several classifications discussed on here, including college??

garciap77
12-10-2011, 05:49 PM
It was a heartbreaker! Stand tall and proud Alvarado Indians, you are and always will be champions in our hearts!!! Thanks to garciap77 for cheering on our boys, it was a pleasure meeting you and your son. Congratulations Tyler Chapel Hill Bulldogs.

Finally got home! It was a great game. I enjoyed sitting with defense51 and his family and supporting the Indian Nation! It was a heartbreaker and I know exactly how the Alvarado faithful feel; so close........ It brought back memories of our lost to Gatesville back in 2000. :(

Conragts to the Chapel Hill Bulldogs!

garciap77
12-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Nice meeting you tonight Garciap77..
It was nice meeting you too... Great game! I just did not llike the out come.....so close....!

bobcat1
12-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Ok ok.. good season Alvarado.. Heartbreaker.. If you guys dont lose to much you might have a shot.. sorry I was a douche.. good job beating us.. maybe we will see each other next year :) Lions88 over and out.. Now that is awesome L88.:clap::clap::clap:

bobcat1
12-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Bobcat, we lost in final last year and I remember the hurt in the fans and players heart after working so hard. I couldn't enjoy our win (quite as much) just knowing how Alvarado felt. I will tell you that after the game in the parking lot, Alvarado fans went out of their way to congratulate us on the win. Folks, the world needs more people like these folks. God was smiling down on these fans for humbly congratulating us with no excuses while the game could have went either way.

Great job Indians. I'm a new fan!!! Felt that way for China Spring too in 07. Celina lost to Liberty Hill in 06. As bad as I hated it I was sitting in my seat watching them celebrate their first ever Championship and I smiled. You are right about the World needing more folks like that. If the World was like that all over we wouldn't have near the problems we do. Congrats on your team's win. Congrats again to Alvarado! Next year starts Monday for both teams.:2thumbsup

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Cowboyandchrist, 3a and below have a region(s) dedicated to east texas, they HAVE to be in the semifinals...unless they forfeit??? What does that prove?? And why do you throw the 4a comment...there are several classifications discussed on here, including college??
All I have to say little brother is 03,04,05,06,08,08,09,010,010, and 011 hopefully that will help you understand .God Bless

Chillfan
12-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Felt that way for China Spring too in 07. Celina lost to Liberty Hill in 06. As bad as I hated it I was sitting in my seat watching them celebrate their first ever Championship and I smiled. You are right about the World needing more folks like that. If the World was like that all over we wouldn't have near the problems we do. Congrats on your team's win. Congrats again to Alvarado! Next year starts Monday for both teams.:2thumbsup

La Vega, NV, WC, and Alv were real close to all being at the same level. If any of these teams return a lot, watch out next year. CH is losing a ton. I think we will have to wait and see how things work out. Our JV and Freshmen were both district champs.

garciap77
12-10-2011, 08:28 PM
I liked this trick play:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLxxhGL9jks&feature=youtu.be

bobcat1
12-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I liked this trick play:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLxxhGL9jks&feature=youtu.be That was sold to perfection! Old play but a good one. Eagle1 loves that play too. #8 had a heck of a night and from what I read he is back next year. Glasscock leading the way!

garciap77
12-10-2011, 08:58 PM
That was sold to perfection! Old play but a good one. Eagle1 loves that play too. #8 had a heck of a night and from what I read he is back next year. Glasscock leading the way!

Here is another one of his outstanding plays:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mZ75z06tUQ&feature=youtu.be By the way, he belongs to one of our 3ADL posters.

bobcat1
12-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Here is another one of his outstanding plays:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mZ75z06tUQ&feature=youtu.be By the way, he belongs to one of our 3ADL posters.Yep Cobrafootball has a lot to be proud of in that young man.