PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for "East Texas Speed"

Fletch
12-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Corsicana 42 - Kilgore 21
Argyle 51 - Gilmer 35
Melissa 42 - Daingerfield 14
Alvarado 34 - Henderson 13

I guess speed doesn't always kill.......

firstdown
12-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Corsicana 42 - Kilgore 21
Argyle 51 - Gilmer 35
Melissa 42 - Daingerfield 14
Alvarado 34 - Henderson 13

I guess speed doesn't always kill.......

For the record Gilmer is the fastest and best team I've seen Argyle beat this year.

LionFan72
12-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Put it in a sack and drop it in the deepest part of the lake, the beast from the east has been stabbed, measured, quartered, and laid to rest!

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Put it in a sack and drop it in the deepest part of the lake, the beast from the east has been stabbed, measured, quartered, and laid to rest!

Still got JT, CH, Teneha, Garrison and Tatum left

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2011, 09:40 AM
For the record Gilmer is the fastest and best team I've seen Argyle beat this year.
One of the things that makes God proud of his children, is when they humble them selves. I have popped off on here for a long time about the speed from the East. Well tonight the speed hit brick wall defenses in Argyle and Alvarado. I knew Argyle was a great team when they beat my Dawgs. I thought the way Gilmer moves the ball, that they would win a close one in the fourth quarter. The Argyle Q/B and the Argyle D were once again to much for our East Texas speed. Alvarado has been doing all year what they did last night, I thought is was just against teams that did not have the speed that East Texas teams have. I don't know if Chapell Hill can beat Alvarado or not. I know SPEED will have nothing to do with winning or loosing. Alvarado has one heck of a defense and Chapell Hill can not make the mistakes they have made the last three weeks and have a chance in this game. God Bless both teams.

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 09:50 AM
One of the things that makes God proud of his children, is when they humble them selves. I have popped off on here for a long time about the speed from the East. Well tonight the speed hit brick wall defenses in Argyle and Alvarado. I knew Argyle was a great team when they beat my Dawgs. I thought the way Gilmer moves the ball, that they would win a close one in the fourth quarter. The Argyle Q/B and the Argyle D were once again to much for our East Texas speed. Alvarado has been doing all year what they did last night, I thought is was just against teams that did not have the speed that East Texas teams have. I don't know if Chapell Hill can beat Alvarado or not. I know SPEED will have nothing to do with winning or loosing. Alvarado has one heck of a defense and Chapell Hill can not make the mistakes they have made the last three weeks and have a chance in this game. God Bless both teams.

Well said Cowboy...real fans of Texas Football know when to bow and gracefully show some humbleness. You did well. I hope I dont have to do the same anytime this year, but will do if the ball bounces wrongly for us. Good luck to you and yours.

Eagle 1
12-03-2011, 10:02 AM

I'm not sure about the rest, but I just want to go on the record now saying Mason will take care of Garrison.
It's the Punchers year, and they very well could have won state in 2A this year. They are that good.

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure about the rest, but I just want to go on the record now saying Mason will take care of Garrison.
It's the Punchers year, and they very well could have won state in 2A this year. They are that good.

yea that one is gonna be a classic..I always have a soft spot for the punchers so I hope they get it done

Trashman
12-03-2011, 10:16 AM

Garrison will go down next week.

lostaussie
12-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Tenaha won't:D

defense51
12-03-2011, 10:20 AM
One of the things that makes God proud of his children, is when they humble them selves. I have popped off on here for a long time about the speed from the East. Well tonight the speed hit brick wall defenses in Argyle and Alvarado. I knew Argyle was a great team when they beat my Dawgs. I thought the way Gilmer moves the ball, that they would win a close one in the fourth quarter. The Argyle Q/B and the Argyle D were once again to much for our East Texas speed. Alvarado has been doing all year what they did last night, I thought is was just against teams that did not have the speed that East Texas teams have. I don't know if Chapell Hill can beat Alvarado or not. I know SPEED will have nothing to do with winning or loosing. Alvarado has one heck of a defense and Chapell Hill can not make the mistakes they have made the last three weeks and have a chance in this game. God Bless both teams.Great post cowboyandchrist!

Bullaholic
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM

What great team and their fans does/did not believe down deep in their hearts that their team is/was invincible? No shame in that, c&C, as long as you respect your opponents, win or lose, along the way, and in the end.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Still got JT, CH, Teneha, Garrison and Tatum leftExcept ch got burned by WC TWICE.

One of them their DB had an angle on our guy and he still out ran him 72 yards for a td. Same on the 67 yd td. Our guys also caught chill from behind a couple times and they couldn't run the ball sideways on us. Defense was too fast. West Columbia was the faster team and I don't really even think it was that close. Our speed is really why we were able to contain chill's offense so well.

Trojanswin
12-03-2011, 12:45 PM
I am just curious as to where East Texas starts?
Are Coldspring and Orange not in East Texas?????
Hard to get farther east than Orange.
Or does East Texas only refer to the almighty teams in North East Texas?

j_dog
12-03-2011, 12:49 PM
congratulations! you may be on to something! :stirpot:

WildTexan972
12-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Corsicana will be counted as East Texas - you can bet on that

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't know about the rest on here, but I have always claimed Coldsprings as an East Texas team, along with WOS and Newton, but it may just be me that sees' it that way. God Bless

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Corsicana will be counted as East Texas - you can bet on that
No they won't, we consider them central.

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2011, 01:21 PM
I am not so sure they could beat the Tatum Eagles.

bobcat1
12-03-2011, 02:00 PM
One of the things that makes God proud of his children, is when they humble them selves. I have popped off on here for a long time about the speed from the East. Well tonight the speed hit brick wall defenses in Argyle and Alvarado. I knew Argyle was a great team when they beat my Dawgs. I thought the way Gilmer moves the ball, that they would win a close one in the fourth quarter. The Argyle Q/B and the Argyle D were once again to much for our East Texas speed. Alvarado has been doing all year what they did last night, I thought is was just against teams that did not have the speed that East Texas teams have. I don't know if Chapell Hill can beat Alvarado or not. I know SPEED will have nothing to do with winning or loosing. Alvarado has one heck of a defense and Chapell Hill can not make the mistakes they have made the last three weeks and have a chance in this game. God Bless both teams.Awesome post! Now that is class personified!