PDA

View Full Version : Watched the Replay of the Alvarado-Henderson Fight on TXA 21

Matthew328
12-03-2011, 02:38 AM
The mini-brawl started with some pushing and shoving after an onside kick...the 2 pushes were actually by Alvarado players after the whistle.....nothing major but obviously the Henderson kid took some exception to it...

What cause it deescalate quickly was the Henderson player after getting pushed just went nuts and went after the Alvarado player....then it was on....

#25 for Henderson should immediately be removed from the football program...you use your helmet as a weapon you should be gone....several other Henderson players pretty much jumped #68 from Alvarado.....there were a bunch of other Henderson players throwing punches also and if they are underclassmen I'd punish them severely also..

It always takes two to tango but this one is on Henderson about 95%, If I am a Henderson fan, alum etc I am completely embarrassed.

rholl
12-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Amen.... Helmet swinger went in with a plan to use helmet as a weapon!!!
No excuses!!!! Take ur butt whippin and go home!!!

hollywood
12-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Very, very dissapointing. We didn't need to see another LM/Ozen incident. Ashame this game ended this way.

Twirling Time
12-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Did anyone get ejected? If not, that's on the officials.

defense51
12-03-2011, 07:10 AM
It would take half the team to whup up on #68, it was a total loss of class on Henderson's behalf!

LionFan72
12-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Someone post the video, I am sure we can draw conclusions. And the only team I have seen from East Texas that has consistently exhibited class is Carthage, sorry to the rest. Lack of composure falls squarely on the coaches, and shows lack of discipline. Extreme penalties should be handed down to any schools found in violation.

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 08:38 AM
25 for Henderson also threw a punch...Kid from alvarado drug a henderson kid who on the ground by the face mask then ran away back to his sideline. not a pretty site.

Then the color guy for TX 21 in talking about 25 said yea the ALvarado players should get a shot on him...yea cause that always helps in a fight

OldNavy
12-03-2011, 08:41 AM
The mini-brawl started with some pushing and shoving after an onside kick...the 2 pushes were actually by Alvarado players after the whistle.....nothing major but obviously the Henderson kid took some exception to it...

What cause it deescalate quickly was the Henderson player after getting pushed just went nuts and went after the Alvarado player....then it was on....

#25 for Henderson should immediately be removed from the football program...you use your helmet as a weapon you should be gone....several other Henderson players pretty much jumped #68 from Alvarado.....there were a bunch of other Henderson players throwing punches also and if they are underclassmen I'd punish them severely also..

It always takes two to tango but this one is on Henderson about 95%, If I am a Henderson fan, alum etc I am completely embarrassed.

I am sure TXB would say # 25 should embrace his roll as an enforcer, and farmersfan will say it is a violent and emotional sport, it is just part of the game.

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 08:43 AM
I am sure TXB would say # 25 should embrace his roll as an enforcer, and farmersfan will say it is a violent and emotional sport, it is just part of the game.

Wow ON..really?

OldNavy
12-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Wow ON..really?

I think that might have been a quote of yours about Suh. I figured it applied to evenly to the sport of football. I think if it is wrong for some, it really should not be alright for others. Where do you draw the line and when do you draw it?

ExScoop
12-03-2011, 09:10 AM
High School football has become violent seems like, I remember going to games in the 1960's and 1970s that were played cleanly and there were less personal fouls and fights. It all boils down to parents enforcing discipline at home. While the coach is also set a sportsmanship example, kids explode with anger which seems they can't control

I had a anger problem growing up and I got it treated when there was medications. But I never went that far to try and hurt some one.

Until the parents disicpline and home and the coaches get tougher, there will alsways be the incidents.

I

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 09:13 AM
I think that might have been a quote of yours about Suh. I figured it applied to evenly to the sport of football. I think if it is wrong for some, it really should not be alright for others. Where do you draw the line and when do you draw it?

First off this is HS football and this was a fight after the play that turned into a brawl..All I said about Suh was I think it is hypocritical how people are acting like what Suh did is the worst thing to ever happen to football and act like no other player has ever done what he did.

Yes I said Suh should embrace the IMAGE of being the bad boy, I did not say he should continue to do stupid stuff but allow the perception that he might do stuff bother other teams..just like the ole Bad Boys of Detroit did..players of that era admit the perception of the Pistons changed how opponents played them.

Emerson1
12-03-2011, 09:47 AM
I blame rap music.

firstdown
12-03-2011, 09:57 AM
I blame rap music.

:fnypost:

Eagle 1
12-03-2011, 09:59 AM
I blame rap music.

LOL.....

Yea somebody post a video. I know it's out there somewhere.

garciap77
12-03-2011, 10:06 AM
I blame rap music.

Me Too!

wimbo_pro
12-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Any video clips of the fight?

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Here are a few pics of #68 fighting off Henderson players.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/03/3567752/alvarado-34-henderson-13.html

Emerson1
12-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Here are a few pics of #68 fighting off Henderson players.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/03/3567752/alvarado-34-henderson-13.html
For all we know that took place right after he went after #25 who was swinging his helmet at people. That is when #68 got jumped by 3-4 of them.

garciap77
12-03-2011, 10:31 AM
For all we know that took place right after he went after #25 who was swinging his helmet at people. That is when #68 got jumped by 3-4 of them.

Why did he take his helmet off? Or was it pulled off his head?

Emerson1
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
If I remember right he was on the sidelines with it off. Put it on as he ran onto the field, then took it right back off and hit someone who was on the outskirts of the main brawl. Then 68 went after him and#25 took off scared.

rholl
12-03-2011, 10:45 AM
He took his helmet off to swing as a weapon, what u cant see on the tv replay is how many players
From the Henderson bench jumped into the pile since in was on their sideline.

garciap77
12-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Are you guys talking about #68 or #25? I was wondering why #68's helmet was off. Did it get pulled off his head?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sw3G0_St_58.jpg
Star-Telegram/ Richard W. Rodriguez) RIchard W. Rodriguez/ Star-Telegram

Matthew328
12-03-2011, 10:59 AM
#68 got his helmet ripped off

garciap77
12-03-2011, 11:01 AM
#68 got his helmet ripped off

That's what I thought!:(

CHS_89
12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Here is a quote I copied from Smoaky about the fight:

"He is the one who caused the brawl..he came bralling in the pile and grabbed facemask and our boy came back at him...he deserved to be jumped on....dirty play.....he will be missed standing on the sideline. Look at the film and you will see what he did............# 68"

"He deserved to be jumped on" - really dude??

garciap77
12-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Here is a quote I copied from Smoaky about the fight:

"He is the one who caused the brawl..he came bralling in the pile and grabbed facemask and our boy came back at him...he deserved to be jumped on....dirty play.....he will be missed standing on the sideline. Look at the film and you will see what he did............# 68"

"He deserved to be jumped on" - really dude??

What does this mean?

CHS_89
12-03-2011, 11:53 AM
What does this mean?

Not sure. Perhaps he will be suspended and will be missed as he stands on the sideline for the next game is what he or she is trying to say. Regardless, "he deserved to be jumped on" is NOT the right statement to make.

GrTigers6
12-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I blame rap music.And video games!LOL

garciap77
12-03-2011, 12:03 PM
And video games!LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/yeah.gif that too!:D

Primetime13
12-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Not sure. Perhaps he will be suspended and will be missed as he stands on the sideline for the next game is what he or she is trying to say. Regardless, "he deserved to be jumped on" is NOT the right statement to make.

He is not ssuspended and will be playing

CHS_89
12-03-2011, 12:08 PM
He is not ssuspended and will be playing

Congrats on the win...I will be there to watch next week. Good luck.

OldNavy
12-03-2011, 12:40 PM
First off this is HS football and this was a fight after the play that turned into a brawl..All I said about Suh was I think it is hypocritical how people are acting like what Suh did is the worst thing to ever happen to football and act like no other player has ever done what he did.

Yes I said Suh should embrace the IMAGE of being the bad boy, I did not say he should continue to do stupid stuff but allow the perception that he might do stuff bother other teams..just like the ole Bad Boys of Detroit did..players of that era admit the perception of the Pistons changed how opponents played them.

Sorry to be picking on you TXB, I know you are a good guy. I am just having a hard time understanding the difference between trying to stomp someone laying on the ground and trying to hit someone with a helmet. Perhaps it is a generational thing. When I was growing up the definition of a "Bad Boy" was someone who did stupid stuff and most often without regard of the consequences.

I am actually more forgiving of a 16 or 17 year old, hoping that their youth and lack of experience contributed, and the proper instruction and consequences will put them on the right path. By the time you are out of college and being paid millions to be a professional athlete, I expect better behavior, not worse. Maybe it isn't realistic to expect it, maybe I just wish for it. Sorry for calling you out.

Primetime13
12-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Congrats on the win...I will be there to watch next week. Good luck.

Thank you sir!

bobcat1
12-03-2011, 01:59 PM
18,48, and 25 would be tossed off my football team if they played for me. When Glasscock for Alvarado was drug down 18 and 48 came flying in to take cheap head shots. 25 took his own helmet off tried to hit someone with it and put it back on. When he tried to do it again the helmet was ripped out of his Chicken$&1+ hands. He scurried around like the coward he is and found his helmet and ran to get behind the coaches on the bench. That is one lion that is a "kitty" in my book. Glasscock was just getting warmed up. I guarnatee you none of those sissy boys from Henderson would fight him in a one on one fight. Cowards and gang mentality. All they know is how to creep on someone.

I for one am thrilled Alavarado beat them to a pulp on the football field. Get your sneakers and head for the gym you gym rats!

Eagle 1
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM
i for one am thrilled alavarado beat them to a pulp on the football field. Get your sneakers and head for the gym you gym rats!

lol...

VWG
12-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Since this happened during the game, and not at the end of regulation, the UIL should be reviewing this.

LIONS#1
12-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Gotta say I am glad Alvarado won as well!!:1popcorn:

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 04:00 PM
UIL will have to decide if 68 threw a punch...and if the one Alvarado kid who drug the kid by facemask will be punished.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-03-2011, 04:05 PM
18,48, and 25 would be tossed off my football team if they played for me. When Glasscock for Alvarado was drug down 18 and 48 came flying in to take cheap head shots. 25 took his own helmet off tried to hit someone with it and put it back on. When he tried to do it again the helmet was ripped out of his Chicken$&1+ hands. He scurried around like the coward he is and found his helmet and ran to get behind the coaches on the bench. That is one lion that is a "kitty" in my book. Glasscock was just getting warmed up. I guarnatee you none of those sissy boys from Henderson would fight him in a one on one fight. Cowards and gang mentality. All they know is how to creep on someone.

I for one am thrilled Alavarado beat them to a pulp on the football field. Get your sneakers and head for the gym you gym rats!Couldnt have said it better...

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Since this happened during the game, and not at the end of regulation, the UIL should be reviewing this.UIL has nothing to say... Its up to the schools.. 25 should be prosecuted.. Thats a felony... Aggravated assault.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-03-2011, 04:09 PM
UIL will have to decide if 68 threw a punch...and if the one Alvarado kid who drug the kid by facemask will be punished.#68 was a bystander until the helmet came off (25) then he was protecting his team mates.. He is not suspended. Will be in uniform Friday night playing.

tres beauties
12-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I would like to give kudos to a Henderson kid during the unpleasantness. This kid was in street clothes but was wearing a jersey with number 56. He was grabbing his teammates and slinging them out of the pile. He actually pancaked one of them. Good job young man!

turbostud
12-03-2011, 04:33 PM
I blame rap music.
187 on a cop!

defense51
12-03-2011, 05:41 PM
When I was in the Marine Corps we had a saying "you are making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered!" I think Henderson made the wrong assumption that #68 Jake Glasscock by himself was outnumbered!!! I think given time he would have started piling the lions up like old newspapers...

bobcat1
12-03-2011, 06:23 PM
When I was in the Marine Corps we had a saying "you are making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered!" I think Henderson made the wrong assumption that #68 Jake Glasscock by himself was outnumbered!!! I think given time he would have started piling the lions up like old newspapers...I bet you are right! That kid played a heck of a game. I told my wife I bet he and Onderdonk are pretty good friends from the way they seemed to find each other after great plays.

regaleagle
12-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Looks and sounds to me like the Henderson players were just waiting for an opportunity to start something, and when a little after play shoving occured, that was their opportunity. This only happened as a result of having their lunch handed to them by a better team. Poor sportsmanship on the part of SOME of the Henderson players. Alvarado looks to only be defending itself in this incident, a totally natural response. This kind of action would not have occured earlier in the contest, or if the game result was still undecided.

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Looks and sounds to me like the Henderson players were just waiting for an opportunity to start something, and when a little after play shoving occured, that was their opportunity. This only happened as a result of having their lunch handed to them by a better team. Poor sportsmanship on the part of SOME of the Henderson players. Alvarado looks to only be defending itself in this incident, a totally natural response. This kind of action would not have occured earlier in the contest, or if the game result was still undecided.

not really..this was a small push and shove until the HEnderson kid took off his helmet and swung it and the Alvarado kd drug the Henderson kid on the ground by his face mask, the that is when Glasscock went to defend his teammate ..up until that play you had the normal little pushing here and there and talking but I dont think anyone felt up until that moment that was about to happen

Henderson takes a ton of blame, they acted stupid, but the kid from Alvarado who dragged a player on the ground by his facemask is as bad as #25, he could have hurt that kid who was defenseless on his back with a player on him

Eagle1
12-03-2011, 08:12 PM
What grade is #25 for Henderson in? I agree the coaches should discipline him hard he should be suspended for several games next year. The kid from Alvarado who drug the Henderson guy should not be allowed to play.

Eagle 1
12-03-2011, 08:24 PM
When I was in the Marine Corps we had a saying "you are making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered!" I think Henderson made the wrong assumption that #68 Jake Glasscock by himself was outnumbered!!! I think given time he would have started piling the lions up like old newspapers...

LOL...in the Army we would say, "M_ ...prepare to defend yourself!"....
Thanks, they gave me a chuckle when I read that.

Is there a video link, or did I miss it?

rholl
12-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Just watched again... Henderson should be barred from postseason next year!!!

gatordaze
12-03-2011, 09:20 PM
not really..this was a small push and shove until the HEnderson kid took off his helmet and swung it and the Alvarado kd drug the Henderson kid on the ground by his face mask, the that is when Glasscock went to defend his teammate ..up until that play you had the normal little pushing here and there and talking but I dont think anyone felt up until that moment that was about to happen

Henderson takes a ton of blame, they acted stupid, but the kid from Alvarado who dragged a player on the ground by his facemask is as bad as #25, he could have hurt that kid who was defenseless on his back with a player on him

The kid dragging the player by the facemask was #2 EDITED

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 09:28 PM
The kid dragging the player by the facemask was #2 TEDITED

I thought it might be, but could not see the number..he drags then runs away LOL

Eagle 1
12-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I ask again, is there a video link?

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 09:32 PM
I ask again, is there a video link?

i cant find one as of now

Eagle 1
12-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Post it on youtube. lol

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Post it on youtube. lol

If I still had it on DVR I would

Cam
12-05-2011, 12:50 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/yeah.gif that too!:D

Actually, I think it's all the preservatives/chemicals we eat in processed foods.....it's making everybody bigger & meaner!..just sayin'......which reminds me of the time I was 8 years old and chased my older sister with a butter knife cause she wouldn't stop picking at my dinner plate!!!....dang, I'd never seen her run that fast!!......yeah, I got whooped pretty good by dad...even mom got in a few!!.......lucky for me dad didn't shove that butter knife up my ass!!!......it's all in the discipline I tell ya........

Lions88
12-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Alvarado started the fight.. thats ok.. the bulldogs will fix what we couldnt on the scoreboard at jerry's world

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/12/05/brawl-breaks-out-during-high-school-football-playoff-rematch/

Papá Oso
12-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Just saw a short replay of the fight on the KENS5 news at 10 in San Antonio so theres a video out there somewhere. Mainly highlighted the "kitty" that swung his helmet then took off. Said several players were facing disciplinary action what ever that means.

PO

Eagle 1
12-05-2011, 11:11 PM
I just caught the end of the video on the local news. The one player took off his helmet from Henderson and started hitting the Alvarado players and then put it back on, but.....somebody in the crowd clocked him a good one and knocked his helmet back off. LOL.......What an idiot!
He got what he had coming.