View Full Version : 3A Div 1 state games

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Could be:

Alvarado - Chapel hill
Alvarado - Columbia
Henderson - Chapel Hill
Henderson - Columbia

IF WC gets by Chapel hill, that'd say plenty about them and would they then be the favorite to win state? Same for Alvarado, if they get past Henderson are they the favorite?

How do you see each of these potential matchups working out?

GrTigers6
12-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Could be:

Alvarado - Chapel hill
Alvarado - Columbia
Henderson - Chapel Hill
Henderson - Columbia

IF WC gets by Chapel hill, that'd say plenty about them and would they then be the favorite to win state? Same for Alvarado, if they get past Henderson are they the favorite?

How do you see each of these potential matchups working out?Would love to see Alvarado vs Columbia. My youngest went to kindergarden and first grade with a lot of those seniors. Plus I coached some of them in tball.

MGAR
12-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Alvarado - Chapel hill
Alvarado - Columbia
Henderson - Chapel Hill
Henderson - Columbia

Tin Cup
12-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Alvarado vs CH

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Alvarado - Chapel hill
Alvarado - Columbia
Henderson - Chapel Hill
Henderson - Columbia so hypothetically speaking, if Columbia beat CH, you think that they'd still lose to both alvarado and henderson?

jason
12-02-2011, 10:47 AM
massey ratings:

columbia 14 alvarado 35

columbia 24 henderson 41

columbia 28 chapel hill 41

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 10:49 AM
massey ratings:

columbia 14 alvarado 35

columbia 24 henderson 41 right. im not saying columbia is the favorite RIGHT now.

I asked IF columbia beat #1 ranked chapel hill, would they THEN become the favorite in the final. Have a feeling those predicitons would change a LOT if columbia pulls the upset.

jason
12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
right. im not saying columbia is the favorite RIGHT now.

I asked IF columbia beat #1 ranked chapel hill, would they THEN become the favorite in the final. Have a feeling those predicitons would change a LOT if columbia pulls the upset.

ya i know...i don't think they could beat them though...

i haven't seen them, but i imagine it would be like coldspring last year, they make it to the finals vs carthage but were in WAY over their heads and got run out of the stadium....

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 10:58 AM
ya i know...i don't think they could beat them though...

i haven't seen them, but i imagine it would be like coldspring last year, they make it to the finals vs carthage but were in WAY over their heads and got run out of the stadium.... Only difference i see is, i dont see a team like
Carthage/Brownwood last year overwhelming their finals opponent.

IF, and thats a big IF, columbia got by chill, then why should believe they cant play with Alvarado/Henderson... i mean after all, chill is the biggest baddest team out of the 4.

jason
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Only difference i see is, i dont see a team like
Carthage/Brownwood last year overwhelming their finals opponent.

IF, and thats a big IF, columbia got by chill, then why should believe they cant play with Alvarado/Henderson... i mean after all, chill is the biggest baddest team out of the 4.

possibly...that's why they play the games...

MGAR
12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
so hypothetically speaking, if Columbia beat CH, you think that they'd still lose to both alvarado and henderson?

Yea and I prolly shouldn't..

Columbia is the only team out of the remaining that I haven't seen.

Makes no sense huh? lol

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Yea and I prolly shouldn't..

Columbia is the only team out of the remaining that I haven't seen.

Makes no sense huh? lol haha im just being a homer man. its all good.

Columbia is gonna be the underdog from here on out, and rightfully so. Chill spanked us last year and theyre ranked #1.

columbia has had a pretty easy schedule but they've played some talented teams. We've got our work cut out for us and I'm hoping i dont travel to nac to see us lose, but chill is a great team. However, so is columbia.

I hope we can pull the upset. I was just thinking about potential games next week.

The biggest thing i see is, if columbia can beat chill, i think they can beat alvarado/henderson too. If they cant beat chill, then they probably wouldnt have been able to beat alvarado/henderson either.

defense51
12-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Alvarado - Columbia

slingshot
12-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Alvarado vs CHThis. Two best remaning teams.